Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Asha Vs 9ice - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Asha Vs 9ice (1629 Views)

9ice New Singles Adigun Ojuwon'lo, Attitude & Everyday (free Downloads) / Isolate (arafada) Vs. 9ice (alapomeji) / Addicted To Asha Music (2) (3) (4)

Asha Vs 9ice by deebarca: 9:35pm On Aug 27, 2008
which one of the two artist is the best.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Bamsyle(m): 9:23am On Aug 28, 2008
Please don't start.

Would be brainstorming. . .
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Hardballer(m): 9:45am On Aug 28, 2008
im goin with 9ice 99% of the asa songs ive heard are slow and boring , she can sing very well tho
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by MrCrackles(m): 9:48am On Aug 28, 2008
Asha
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by dammiecool(m): 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2008
There is no way u can compare this two, there is no comparisim btw them abeg.
The 2 are hot in the category of music dey do.I think u should ask who represnts naija better out of d two.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Wordsmith(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2008
Asa actually takes it in the Songwriting category. Her lyrics are well above average. 9ice on the other hand, IMHO, is an average songwriter and what really helps him is the Yoruba adages he laces heavily in his songs. Remove the proverbs and the lyrics are average at best. If you doubt, listen to his 1st album and then compare it to the 2nd, u'd understand what i'm talking about.

As per the rest, we'd have to consider that they sing different genres.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by bami1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2008
asa
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by AshleyDW(f): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2008
This is comparing two entirely different things. For the average Nigerian, we are sometimes carried away by the baets of what we hear, as for 9nice ,i'll give him 75% with d yoruba proverbs and all but Asha's lyrics are really tight and really, i'm a sucker for soul music and any thing guitar, so choosing one of the two is kinda difficult, and sometimes it just depends on the mood. But i think i'll stick to Asha and she has a higher probability of staying longer.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 29, 2008
I think you did a wrong combination of two different kind of people doing different kind of music. Firstly, Asha does a different kind of music, sound and style compared to 9ice. Asha is so Talented and so gifted and she's very good in her type of music, You shouldn't compare her with 9ice cos she doesn't do the kind of song 9ice does.

9ice is also good and talented and does his own kinda of music better also.

But if you want to compare them as singers, i repeat as singers, Asha beats him hands down, don't get me wrong, I'm also a Fan of 9ice.

Sorry.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by chidipupay(m): 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2008
There is sure no comparism between them. It is very clear that ash knows more about music that 9ice, Asha is an instrumentist and also a vocalise, Unlike 9ice that just goes to studio and they blend his voice to the beat. But in terms of studio beat, 9ice is better because he gives the youth what they want, but i will stick with 9ice eh asha, Both jare
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2008
I think 9ice juz give the youth a fast and groovy thing they want to hear, But Asha gives Music.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by dre101(m): 10:44am On Aug 30, 2008
emmeno:

I think 9ice juz give the youth a fast and groovy thing they want to hear, But Asha gives Music.
WORD!
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by bunmii(f): 10:48am On Aug 30, 2008
asa----- i love her she is just so different, her voice is lovely, what she sings about makes more sense to me. Asa all the way for me
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2008
bunmii:

asa----- i love her she is just so different, her voice is lovely, what she sings about makes more sense to me. Asa all the way for me

You Know what good music is.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Emma4dfuture(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
What helps 9ce is d technicality of id.cabasa's beat(jst like donjazzy does for dbanj).
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Emma4dfuture(m): 1:44pm On Aug 30, 2008
Asa's voice blends in2 any genre of music,&she's dat kinda singr dat SINGS MUSIC(, &sensible ones at dat!).
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Emma4dfuture(m): 2:14pm On Aug 30, 2008
I'm not sayin 9ce can't sing.Let dem sing 2 separate acapella songs & u'll understand what I'm saying.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by cholerik(m): 2:56pm On Aug 30, 2008
asa is a bettr musician than9ice.forget that they don't belong to the same category,we can still the better one. asa's music can be appreciated by anyone in any part of the world and if u remove the adages and proverbs and perhaps i.d cabasa from the picture,my man go really struggle. not to discredit him,but i bought thier albums at the same time and im already tired of 9ice's.funny,even my pops feel asa to show that she crosses across all the generations.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by lucabrasi(m): 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2008
i think 9ice is better,he s more original,his lyrics and songs have more insight,much more inspirational and in spite of the limited engineering expertise available to him unlike asha he s still appeals to more ppl, i have said it on here before and i will keep on saying it,asha is good BUT she is a copy and paste tracy chapman, she didnt even attempt to change some stuffs but riding on tracy's thing, lastly and most important 9ice is original, the question we shud ask ourselves is if both of them performed for an all foreign audience who want to listen to an african vibe or foreign vibe,who will appeal more to the average african music loving caucasian
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Wordsmith(m): 8:15pm On Aug 30, 2008
exactly what is so inspirational about Pamurogo or Party Rider?
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by lucabrasi(m): 4:14am On Aug 31, 2008
so pamurogo or partyrider is his only song abi?? wats so insirational about a nursery rhyme as well, theres is fire on the mountain
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by hayprof(m): 5:37am On Aug 31, 2008
No Election Or contest here 0oo

The Nominees r in two different Worlds angry
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by tosinadeda: 9:54am On Aug 31, 2008
Fire on d mountain is jst a chorus,the body of the song has message for every1.
That aside,am tired of seeing shitty post like remove the adages and proverbs 4rm 9ice's songs and he wil sound jst ordinary!
Wth is dat? Y wld u do that,knowing fully well dat his own type of lyrics are the proverbs!
And by d way as cabasa is a factor 4 9ice,we shldnt 4get that asa had a more technical producer in cohbams on her album!
So no1 shld discredit 9ice 4 anytn!
Listen to kinda life,photocopy,street credibility,little money and u'll agree with me dat the dude sings inspirational songs.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by tundysho(m): 4:43am On Sep 01, 2008
A very good musician will master at least one instrument.

Asha does the guiter so well,and i love guiter more than food
So, for me, Asha is the bomb.She is internationally accepted

As for 9ice he is also good, but i dont think he masters any instrument

So i ll give it to Asha
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by ikamefa(f): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2008
asha any day

her songs soothes me, she makes me want to listen to her over and over again!

9ice is aight ! he is good for  when i want to shake body grin
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by rotogunj(m): 1:08am On Sep 02, 2008
Hi, Gosshhhh Asa is the bomb, she has some kinda spell she casts out from her songs. I need your help, i actually went to the niteshift colliseum to relax on a saturday evening when the dj played a beautiful song and i instantly singled out Asa's voice. I guess she featured in the guy's song, God !!! I love this song but its not on her album and i dont know where i could get it from. The song goes somehow like this: "********am on fire******you are the reason why i sing this song*****" I dont know if anyone could help out with the name of the track, knowing the track name would definitely help my search. Thanks.
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by Wordsmith(m): 2:24am On Sep 02, 2008
@ lucrabasi,

you didn't answer my question. I hate it when people use questions as answers to a question, questions that don't have anything to do with the train of thought at hand. You said 9ice's songs were inspirational and i simply asked what was so inspirational about Pamurogo and Party Rider. A friggin' simple question and u turned it into something else, how the flamin' f does asking if those are the only songs he has and about, how the f does answer the question? If you don't know how to answer then simply don't post. That post was friggin' irritating. . .
Re: Asha Vs 9ice by tundysho(m): 11:08pm On Sep 02, 2008
lucabrasi:

so pamurogo or partyrider is his only song abi?? wats so insirational about a nursery rhyme as well, theres is fire on the mountain

This guy has shown beyond reasonable doubt that he has no ear for music.He listens to the likes of noise makers like 2face

Pls List The Top 5 Nigeriian Music Blogs / Davido Has Officially Signed ‘sina Rambo’ To HKN Records / An Opportunity For Talented Unsigned Artists Who Are Looking For A Record Label