Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) (3173 Views)

NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? / Real Madrid In 2006/07 Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2005
There are speculations that this year's road to super bowl will be extermely difficult, From the East we have the Redskins with Joe Gibbs who will be trying to upgrade his reputation as one of the best NFL coaches ever, The Dallas Cowboys would be looking for a great season with Roy Willliams , the Minnesota Viking would be expecting more from quarterback Culpepper. Now Baltimore Ravens would expect Jamal Lewis to take them to the playoff this year if not the superbowl

Last year's champion, Lost their defensive coach, they lost Wide receiver Patten to the Redskins and a couple of other players. Teddy Bruschi will be out for the begining of the season and maybe the whole season due to injury,. then the number one defensive team Pittsburg will be expecting more from their quarter back and Runningback Bettis. They look pretty tight. Not to forget the mighty quarterback who broke Dan Marino's record of 48 touchdowns by setting a new record of 49 touch downs. I hail Peyton Manning. From the east again we have the Eagles, with T.O making 14 touchdown last year, he looks like he is on top of his game. Then comes one of the greates quarterback of all time Micheal Vick, Vick would be looking forward to take the Falcons to the superbowl. There are other players or team i didnt mention, i would like to know who you think has what it takes to make it.

If you don't know anything about the NFL please don't post any comment.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2005
I believe that the Skins are going to make it this year, and if not, they're going to come really close. They have some great players. I'm looking to see what Moss is going to do. I would also like for Ramsey to get his act together and start making throws that can connect.

I do NOT think the Cowboys are going to make it for no other reason than me just not liking them wink

I know Nddy's got to say something to that. . . .
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2005
sure i do , with Roy Williams and our Quarter back we gat wat it takes, you and terry like the redskins, they suck, Clinton Portis is just over rated , Lavar's career is hanging like an undeceided decision. I hate the redskins. grin grin grin grin
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2005
Oh, that hurts!

I've watched a few games of the Steelers, they're looking good this year. We'll just have to see how it plays out once the season starts. There are so many possibilities. Wesley thinks that the Patriots are taking it this year but I doubt it.

What do you say to that?
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2005
who cares about the patriots,

i think the the steelers are going to be the favorite contender, Patriots can't repeat it , it just impossible. They would be good but they aint gat what it takes to repeat it this year. What about the eagles i know you would talk about the disagreement but i don't think that would be a factor
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2005
I find that the favorite contenders every year are the Steelers, Raiders, Packers, and the Cowboys.

I loved to watch the Panthers until they got rid of Biacabatuka (not sure if I'm spelling that right).

But as a Skins fan I'm looking forward to defeating the Eagles and the Cowboys. Hopefully we'll be able to do it this year.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by WesleyanA(f): 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2005
i really don't know much about ftball (i only watch the superbowl because of its commercials). but the Patroits are winning. ha. probably the only player i know is tom brady.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2005
i really thought i made myself clear, stay out of this thread please,its not a verbal attackIf you don't know anything about the NFL please don't post any comment.,i honestly don't think i want you opinion or your comment.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by WesleyanA(f): 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2005
i'm not attacking. just stating my opinion
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2005
The commercials are crazy!  They pay over a million dollars for 30 seconds of air time.  It's mad.

I haven't seen the Patriots in action so I'm going to reserve my comment on that one cheesy wink

But I'm truly ready for the season to start.  I'd like to see the Redskins make the playoff's this year, and not on a wild card.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2005
just try to stay on your own, i am not really into exchange today.

@vexxy i love the janet jackson saga "i wish Jessica Simpson would do the same
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 11:52pm On Sep 05, 2005
I think they made a big deal out of it. But one thing I know is that you will not see another mistake like that again. They have all the games on a time delay and MTV is banned from orchestrating another half time performance.

The Eagles? I'm not sure about them. I'll have to watch a few games.

Also, didn't the Falcons take the Superbowl twice a few years ago? The Patriots can do it, we'll just have to wait and see.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 11:56pm On Sep 05, 2005
the problem with the Eagles is the disagreement, they didnt lose key players, I just hope T.O and MC nabb setlle their dispute. Not to forget the Colts gat Manning
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:01am On Sep 06, 2005
Aren't the Broncos loosing Rice? He's set to retire. I wonder how they'll fair this year.

I know that Dallas is leading the NFC east as of right now but that's only pre-season. The Skins will be back on top where they belong.

Come on Gibbs!!
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2005
lets talk about the Skins,they wouldnt be a contender for the AFC title, Clinton is good but he hasnt lived up to expectation. You guys dont have a good quarterback, you guys lost Fred Smooth, which i feel migh hurt you guys, Lavar i think his career is over, i credit the Redskin Defense but you guys suck at offense. They thought Moss and Patten would help them out but actually they are just deceiving themselves. Joe Gibbs has lost it he should go to Nascar not NFL

I think the falcons would be great AFC contenders with Vick
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:15am On Sep 06, 2005
I think that the defense of the Skins has weakened but will get better. I see them trying

Lavar? Career over? Doubt it. He will suprise you this year. Also I think that Moss and Ramsey would make great partners in the offensive side. Ramsey underthows but Moss can see it and he really reaches for it. They just need a bit more playing time together.

Jacob Taylor is back in practice. I think if he conditions himself more he'll be ready for the season.

We'll be playing the Bears at home next Sunday. I can't wait to see how they play when it counts!
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:21am On Sep 06, 2005
i wish they had to play the Cowboys on Thankgiving again as they did last year
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:24am On Sep 06, 2005
Yeah, I look forward to the Thanksgiving games. This year we're playing you guys Sept 19 and Dec 18. I'll be in full Redskins regalia for each game! grin cheesy
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:28am On Sep 06, 2005
19th is Terry's birthday so there is no better way to wish him a nice birthday other than a defeat. hahahhahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:30am On Sep 06, 2005
The Skins will deliver a victory for him on that day! cheesy
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:32am On Sep 06, 2005
the only way they can do that is to get another quarterback or use Jason Campbell the rookie
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:33am On Sep 06, 2005
OR Ramsey starts connecting. When playing the Steelers the guy under threw a toss! A TOSS!
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:35am On Sep 06, 2005
did you watch the skins against the ravens
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:37am On Sep 06, 2005
No, I was in school. I heard that we lost in overtime. Who gave more the offense or defense?

I really dislike the Ravens.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:42am On Sep 06, 2005
did you follow his college career in Auburn

Jason threw some nice balls, the guy is just a rookie, he needs grooming which i feel he would get. They played equally good
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 12:44am On Sep 06, 2005
No I don't watch college sports.

They should give him some more play time because I think Ramsey needs to work on his confidence. He plays like he's unsure of himself.
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by c0dec(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2005
the both of you should just continue this sh*t on yahoo.

what the hell?

www.fifa.com
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2005
angry angry angry angry you see i made it clear in the introduction that if you dont know anything about American Football dont contibute. What was the meaning of your statement. this is no African soccer, look before you leap
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by nddy(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2005
I am excited about Tommorow's game, New England against Oakland. I cant wait for the season to start \.

Go Cowboys, i love my cowboys , put the redskins, eagles,ravens in the trash can
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2005
The Cowboys aren't going far this year.

I also hope that the Patriots win!
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by terry(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2005
Go Skins, its going to be 10 touchdowns on Sunday against the bears
Re: Who would it be in 2006? (NFL) by vexxy(f): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2005
MSN Sports Prediction, but what do you say?:

Carolina will win the Super Bowl

They say that to win in this great game you have to be strong in the trenches.

Every defensive lineman is healthy now for Carolina, meaning you can once again call this unit the best defensive line in the NFL, led by the best defensive player in football, Julius Peppers. Defensive tackle Kris Jenkins coming back will aid Mike Rucker.

The signing of Mike Wahle from Green Bay was a brilliant free-agent pickup, adding stability, toughness, and greatness to the Panthers.

I can't even begin to describe how much I respect this organization, from general manger Marty Hurney to coach John Fox.

Jake Delhomme is healthy. Maybe you don't realize how much his thumb bothered him last year, and Delhomme has the "it" quality you see in other great and clutch quarterbacks.

Steve Smith is 100 percent healthy and ready to not only be a game-changing wideout, but also a burner on special teams.

Keary Colbert will be even better than his very solid rookie season at wide receiver last year.

And ex-Redskin Rod Gardner gets that change of venue where there is no pressure on him.

The running back position is deep with DeShaun Foster (in a contract year), second-round pick Eric Shelton, and maybe Stephen Davis. But with these aforementioned backs, plus Nick Goings and Rod Smart, Carolina doesn't have to bank on Davis' health.

I loved the pickup of Ken Lucas, to go along with Chris Gamble and Ricky Manning Jr. in the defensive backfield. These defensive backs are going to drive the opposition batty.

Dan Morgan is healthy, and the Pro Bowl linebacker just got a new deal.

And I love how Carolina showed heart and determination last year, coming back after a plethora of injuries doomed them to a 1-7 start.

This team has the character, the coaching, and the talent.

Count on it: Carolina wins the Super Bowl.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger In Abuja For U17 / Does Cristiano Ronaldo Really Deserve The Ballon D'or For 2014? / Snoop Dogg Want Mascot Role

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.