Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,734 members, 7,827,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (1716 Views)

Breaking News:thiery Henry Signs 2 Months Deal With Arsenal / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 1:52am On Jun 29, 2006
I enjoyed watching that explosive France Vs Spain's match yesterday.

Something strange happened between Puyol and Henry. The Spaniard fouled the Gunner in the Chest but to the suprise of everybody henry was feigning unjury to his face.

Has he joined the Cheater's club?

Former England Coach Terry Venebles, Ruud Gulit and a fellow Arsenal player in Cesc Febregas were suprised at Henry's behaviour.

What is your take on this?

I expect bashing from a biased Nairaland-Gunners anyway.

Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by debosky(m): 1:57am On Jun 29, 2006
man i have to admit i was suprised as well, though i am a gunner, i do not support such actions. its down to fifa to start using video evidence to stamp out

such practices.

nonetheless puyol did foul henry by running across him and impeding him from getting to the ball

it shows puyol was under pressure, even if henry got to the ball there was no impending danger, so it was a foolish move by puyol

i partly agree with the view of domenech that henry forced puyol into that error, though he 'embellished' the incident a bit, it shows he really wanted to win ,

which is the sign of a great competitor, still have love for ya thierry, allez le bleu!!
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 1:58am On Jun 29, 2006
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 2:03am On Jun 29, 2006
debosky:

man i have to admit i was suprised as well, though i am a gunner, i do not support such actions. its down to fifa to start using video evidence to stamp out

such practices.

nonetheless puyol did foul henry by running across him and impeding him from getting to the ball

it shows puyol was under pressure, even if henry got to the ball there was no impending danger, so it was a foolish move by puyol

i partly agree with the view of domenech that henry forced puyol into that error, though he 'embellished' the incident a bit, it shows he really wanted to win ,

which is the sign of a great competitor, still have love for ya thierry, allez le bleu!!

Puyol did foul Henry.

I was suprised because Thiery is not that kind of a Player
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by debosky(m): 2:07am On Jun 29, 2006
I don't think he is either, but sometimes the pressure of the game gets to even the best of players

thats what i'll attribute it to - pressure
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 9:22am On Jun 29, 2006
Hi Kola!

My ribs are still aching from laughter. Were those wave attacks you sent?
You are funny men! You also join that league of cheaters as much as you brand Henry. You made me sad for sure.

NOW on Henry!
I noticed that ref was extremely strict with Igwe and any time he would make a run he was branded offside like seven times.
He was upset and I too was annoyed.
Out of frustration, infact he dived and started writhing in pain and I psychologically prove that he was not serious but was just to test the ref reaction. He did well.
I still respect Henry and whatever the case he is my man in premiesrhip.

About that game as much as birthboy Vierra was again MOTM, I felt Zidane and ribery were to compete for that post.
Ribery single handedly changed the direction of that match and had he not scored, France looked like they would easily give up and hence my MOTM was Ribery.
The bobo played very very well.

I got a huge prize for naming Ribery as outstanding player and many voted for him.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2006
Priscila:

Hi Kola!

My ribs are still aching from laughter. Were those wave attacks you sent?
You are funny men! You also join that league of cheaters as much as you brand Henry. You made me sad for sure.

NOW on Henry!
I noticed that ref was extremely strict with Igwe and any time he would make a run he was branded offside like seven times.
He was upset and I too was annoyed.
Out of frustration, infact he dived and started writhing in pain and I psychologically prove that he was not serious but was just to test the ref reaction. He did well.
I still respect Henry and whatever the case he is my man in premiesrhip.

About that game as much as birthboy Vierra was again MOTM, I felt Zidane and ribery were to compete for that post.
Ribery single handedly changed the direction of that match and had he not scored, France looked like they would easily give up and hence my MOTM was Ribery.
The bobo played very very well.

I got a huge prize for naming Ribery as outstanding player and many voted for him.

For me, my comment will be objective whether we are discussing Henry,Crespo or Saha.

Referee strict with Henry?

I beg, give me another excuse.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 10:49am On Jun 29, 2006
Kola!
You are at it again. You ve made me learn the hard way. Or you just like hearing from me by provoking me.
I am very objective and I know very well Henry faked the whole thing up. But it yielded a goal.

If you checked that game very well the linesman blew about two whistles and actually Henry was not offside.
Henry is just not your type but mine so let it not be a fuss.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 10:54am On Jun 29, 2006
He better be careful.

You know English press.

They lift you up and put you down.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Jackal(m): 11:02am On Jun 29, 2006
Henry is just an asshole.
I could not believe my eyes. Henry wanted to get a fellow professional booked but the referee did not fall for his antics.
Its a shame on him.
Little wonder he can never be named as World Footballer of the Year.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Shagari2(m): 11:05am On Jun 29, 2006
We know where you live akolawole angry angry
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2006
Shagari2! You guys are funny Kola lives in Ibadan and you in Hiding.
What a coincidence? You are cracking me up.

Jackal!
Is that a welcome note to me by insulting Henry since I prefer him to you as a husband?
Bad belle and jealous go kill you.
Anyway long time what is cutting?
Am abit underground enjoying world cup to the fullest but we meet next season. Isn't it Jacks, AKola, and the Shagari2.
Greetings to bad boy Huc & Skintite. Am on a low profile.

Did Akola give you some grapevine? He is funny Kola and he ,
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by mukina2: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;Dt grin grin grin
that was some drama by Henry but hey almost all players do that tongue
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2006
Siz Mukina2.
Din,t you notice that ref was against Henry and calling offside whistles unnecessarily.
For sure I wanted France to go thru to Q finals.

Henry is not a cheat though I detest his action.
Its RV nistelrooy who scored an offside goal in that Cote D voire match and he got away with it.

Kola is talking! Robben is the no 1 cheat.
Mukina2. Do you remember Robben dive that rightly earned him a red card?
Crespo is another one. All cheats are in that other team we are not allowed to mention the name by fan-atics. spreading it to our honest teams!
Na waaoooo.
I dont blame henry i blame the ref for frustrating him
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by hucarson(m): 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2006
@ Prissy,
Somebody should tell u how the offside rule works.
I know a lot of females on Nairaland do not know what the new offside rule is.

RVN was clearly on-side when he scored against the Ivoiriens.

Akola, pls tutor Prissy on Offisde rule. grin
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by mukina2: 2:22pm On Jun 29, 2006
lol Prissy most of the goals in this wc av been offside but some people wud never accept as far as i'm concerned .the game has been played and les blues av won tongue
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2006
Quote from Arsenal's Ababoy1
From what I have seen so far in Germany, Arjen Robben is going to have a tough time holding on to his diving title at Chelsea. With Michael Ballack and Andriy Shevchenko teaming up with renowned divers like Drogba and Joe Cole, Robben will surely not have it easy.

Arjen Robben is the chairman league of Cheaters

With the inclusion of the following: http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,777101,00.html#article_continue

And

http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/im_no_cheat__pires_162886.shtml
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2006
Huc!
Why give Akola your role?Its you to teach me so tell me the new rules of offside.

Let me tell you something! For sure Ghana looked foolish when they tried to make ronaldo and Ze roberto at the glare of cameras that they were offside when they were not.
I wish one told them its Brazil who know football. And Ghana dared complain.
they just annoyed me for letting Africa down.

Again Huc, for sure RVN just tricked Ivorians but he was actually not offside cos he sneaked from defenders who thought he was. I only wanted to steer you up I only meant he was only offside during premiesrhip. he is intelligent to have fooled Africans again
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2006
Muks!
i know you would like to say Brazil two goals against Ghana were as a result of offside only that you wont let me catch you. isn't it?
I ask who are the veterans? Brazil or ghana?
They looked out of place by allowing Ze Roberto to run alone and gave kingsting a nice challenge. No Essien I couldn't support ghana.
take heart lol.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Akolawole(m): 4:23pm On Jun 29, 2006
@Everyone

Come and see Jackal and i arguing in Career : Please see :https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-16320.32.html

A bit off-topic
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by tianshie(m): 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2006
The only cheat i've ever loved is Diego Maradona.He didn't try to hide that fact from the public, with him it was an art.

Henry is a player i respect for his maturity and sangfroid. What happened in that game was I think a freudian slip. Every player really wants to cheat.
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by IAH(f): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2006
World Cup 2006 Divers Hall of Fame Shame

Robben
Kuyt
Henry
Fabio Grosso
Gyan
Uncle Figo shocked
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Badman888(m): 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2006
It was expected from him, after champions league finals, he said he might as well just start diving, since people have been getting away with it,
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Shagari2(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2006
@ Priscila, I am not in 'Hiding,' I am hiding, and I could be hiding in Ibadan for all anyone knows, so let him keep dissing Henry and he'll find out where I and the posse are real soon! cheesy
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Grizzly(m): 6:53pm On Jun 29, 2006
It was pretty obvious that henry was feigning everything. The free kick was indeed given because Puyol did make contact with henry, Although a minor one, and on the chest. Imaging henry clutching his face like someone poured acid on him, sad. cool
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by lordimpaq(m): 8:55pm On Jun 29, 2006
its just unfortunate that someone like henry would do something like that, i am disappointed,

but none the less france won, although i wanted spain to go through,
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by kitaun(m): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2006
who cares as long as ur trickery brings out the desired results

UP IGWE
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by bagoma(f): 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2006
i have been told footballers are the worst liars on earth, they've beat lawyers to that coveted title. cool
they all cheat, all of them at one time or the other.
so whats the fuss?

i know it has to be a chelsea supporter that will bring this up. lipsrsealed angry

but truth be told, i was shocked and disappointed when henry clutched his face that night. anyway, no yawa sha, after-all they say[b] all is fair in love and war. cool[/b] abi?

they were certainly at war that night. cheesy
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Grizzly(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2006
They can check out of they hotels already,
Because they are gonna lose to brazil
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by bagoma(f): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2006
and you're goinng to go into hiding again as usual after false predictions. lol cheesy
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by Priscila(f): 9:08am On Jun 30, 2006
Baggy
please you got him ready handed. Do you know Grizzly has predicted Ukraine to win world cup ?not forgretting Scheva lost a penalty and he became a cry baby.
For sure Scheva shed tears and I found myself crying. I was touched.

Among the Cheats theone that baffled me is LUIS FIGO dive.
He knocked an opp with his head and pretended not to have done anything. Athis age I lack words.

Henry did well by exaggerating Puyol foul cos I just noticed this man Puyol was very physical and bully. he had earned a yellow for the mistake. He deserved a red card.

LUCA TONI is the leading offsider in world cup and he got ten f them in that Aussie match before Totti came to rescue them.
Robben was discovered and after shinning in their opening match he just went down. What a pity?
Re: Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! by GUNNER(f): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2006
Beckenbauer blasts divers

France international Thierry Henry was the latest player to court controversy after going down clutching his face after being caught in the chest by Spanish defender Carles Puyol in the second round.

There have also been several yellow cards for diving, with Ghana's Asamoah Gyan sent off for picking up a second booking for the offence against Brazil.

The antics in Portugal's stormy 1-0 win over Holland last Sunday also drew criticism about the behaviour of players in Germany.

World Cup winning coach, and captain, Beckenbauer is unhappy with how players are reacting to challenges and feels it is having an impact on the performance of referees.

"Of course players make mistakes, referees do as well as they are only human, but players do not make life any easier for the referees by the way they fall down and roll over and over every time they are touched," said Beckenbauer.

"They try to incite the referee into awarding a free kick or show a yellow or red card.

"What the players are doing is so exaggerated they are making life harder for the referees all the time.

"But at the same time the referees are often too quick to whistle, they are too quick to show a yellow card and then they have a problem because they have to then show a [second] yellow and red card."

Despite Beckenbauer's disgruntlement with this issue, he is delighted with the impact the World Cup has made with supporters.

He added: "It has been a fantastic occasion and because it has gone so well you wish it could carry on for longer, but that is just wishful thinking.

"But the legacy it leaves behind will, I hope, be that the thousands of people who have met in the Fan Miles and exchanged emails and phone numbers stay in touch and remain friends.

"This is the way God wanted the world to be, thousands of people in peace, no matter what their race, creed or colour. This is what humanity should all be about."

(1) (Reply)

Winning The Biggest Clubs / Spot The Difference / C.ronaldo Is A Hypocrite A Petulant Nag And He's Deceptive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.