Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry (12129 Views)

Giroud- "I'm Better Without Ozil." / Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm Better Than Messi / Thiery Henry Joinning The League Of Cheaters ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 9:10pm On Nov 25, 2006
Didier Drogba has demanded that he starts to receive more respect claiming he is "better than Thierry Henry".

Drogba is the Premiership's joint top scorer with eight goals so far this season, and told the Daily Mirror that "in real life, especially this season, I'm better than him [Henry]."

The striker's comments are in response to a computer game which rates Frenchman Henry as being a better player than the Ivory Coast international.

Having recently signed a new four-year contract at Stamford Bridge, Drogba was expected to become a sideline figure after the arrival of Andriy Schevchenko from AC Milan.

However, Drogba feels that the Ukranian's presence has had a positive effect on his own form.

"His arrival has freed me. Thanks to his manoeuvres I get the space I need to attack the goal" said Drogba.

"Andriy is a footballer of the highest playing intellect and has a superb feeling for where to run and when, to make life easier for his partners and to create problems for the opposition."
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tosinadeda: 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2006
Him papa dey craze
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2006
He's an arrogant idiot,
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tosinadeda: 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2006
O ri e lo daru
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 12:38am On Nov 26, 2006
Peeps, not so fast! Let the Henry haters come do their thang 1st, but b4 then hasn't Drogba really been beta so far this season?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Ugwumba(m): 12:49am On Nov 26, 2006
kitaun - how far season don go? Make Drogba hold him fire until season end (and its not all about scoring goals - how many Ronaldhino dey score?)
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Easyy(m): 11:00am On Nov 26, 2006
Drogba is a fantastic footballer and striker. However, if he actually said this, we need to watch him and make sure he has not been eating and drinking with George Bush. That kind of statement comes from people like George Bush.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by IBEXY(m): 11:10am On Nov 26, 2006
U don't ask for respect, U earn it.
Let him play as well as henry ( and stop diving too)
then respect and love will flow.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by beelyjay45(m): 11:43am On Nov 26, 2006
Well u can,t really blame d guy he trying to be notorious, but he choose d wrong person to mess with "Igwe" 1 of Arsenal.
Abeg my naija people 4 JD make una help me tell drogba make he collect premiership highest goalscorer for just a season then i go give am attention. F@#$kin N*@#a
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tosinadeda: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2006
He bleeping with an igwe whose crown is d one on the epl trophy

baba e ma run down
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Blue2(m): 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2006
gaby:

Didier Drogba has demanded that he starts to receive more respect claiming he is "better than Thierry Henry".

Drogba is the Premiership's joint top scorer with eight goals so far this season, and told the Daily Mirror that "in real life, especially this season, I'm better than him [Henry]."

The striker's comments are in response to a computer game which rates Frenchman Henry as being a better player than the Ivory Coast international.

Having recently signed a new four-year contract at Stamford Bridge, Drogba was expected to become a sideline figure after the arrival of Andriy Schevchenko from AC Milan.

However, Drogba feels that the Ukranian's presence has had a positive effect on his own form.

"His arrival has freed me. Thanks to his manoeuvres I get the space I need to attack the goal" said Drogba.

"Andriy is a footballer of the highest playing intellect and has a superb feeling for where to run and when, to make life easier for his partners and to create problems for the opposition."

@ Gaby: Please can u let us know where and when Drogba made that comment. a web link would be most appropriate.
Back to your alleged Drogba "arrogant comment", even if i am a TRUE BLUE let me say here and now taht i have utmost respect for "Igwe"as a striker. but come on guys for crying out loud Didier has been in OUTSTANDING form this season and a man is entitled to blow his trumpet once in a while lest it gets rusted!! His 8bgoasl this seaosn is a testiment to his prowess and that superb bretah-taking goal against liverpool was SWEET! not to talk of the against Barca. Again i throw the challenge at the initiator of thsi thread, where and when di Drogba make this comment?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Seun(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2006
Chelsea and Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba said on Saturday he believes that he is better than Thierry Henry this season.
http://worldcup.filbalad.com/english/News.asp?NewsID=29126 he's not arrogant, he's confident!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Mustay(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2006
There's little wrong in Drogba's statement- we all know he said it literally and there's no reason to start abusing him.In reality, d statement has a little truth-HENRY IS BETTER IN D GAMES! Like a friend said, Henry is more concerned with d cameras ds season and quite over confident AND he's d 'neatest footballer on d pitch', oba Drogba 1st
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by my2cents(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2006
To me, it all depends on when the video game was made. Drogba is good. but lets face it - last season, going back at least 3 seasons, Henry was much better. Video game companies can't just go in and change their source code just because Drogba is doing much better this season.

Drogba should find solace in the fact that if he continues this way, even if he never scores again for the remainder of the season while Henry does a complete turn around himself, come next yr, the next video game(s) to come out will have him rated higher than Henry smiley

Either way, I don't like the trumpet-blowing.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2006
When you have a loud-mouthed coach managed by an arrogant gaffer and feels he is underrated, wetin u think say hin go boost hin profile~ hin mouth of course, notwithstanding the season is just 1/3rd gone, he has been outstanding and shd allow his legs do the talking 4 him, cos he would need up to 5 or 6 seasons from now to consîgn Henry's achievements to the bin, would he not have clocked 40 by then? Lol
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by gaby(m): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2006
Thanks seun for the link was gonna post it before you did,

@blue

I hope you've been able to get the source of the news,
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Jackal(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2006
I think Drogba is right.
He based the comparisons on this SEASON alone, and to be frank, i think Drogba has over-shadowed Teary Hurry.
Even Kanu Nwankwo has played better than Henry this season.
End of story.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2006
Spot on mate
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by superman(m): 4:16pm On Nov 26, 2006
people that talk blah blah bah is people that just dnt knoooooooooow! this guy kiss it leave it is very arrogant for real! which brings enemy to himself just like morihno, he used to think he reinvented football just because his team was in a very good form ! now wonder why hes calmed down
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by mukina2: 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2006
na wa o . .
just because he's scored some goals this season  . .he has started making comparism undecided
let him wait till the end of the season . .
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by exu(m): 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2006
He is better than Henry.

Drogba is a much more versatile player than Henry will ever be.

Those who were fortunate enough to watch him when he was at Marseille will know that he was the talisman in, ironically, a Thierry Henry vein.

Now he plays as a target man, the focus of his team's offensive play, fending off defenders, winning headers and scoring goals.

My question is: we've seen Drogba play the Henry role but could Henry do what Drogba now does for Chelsea and Cote d'Ivoire?

p.s.
There's also the question Henry's temparement.  A problem Drogba doesn't seem to have.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by my2cents(m): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2006
LOL exu,

He may not hv a temparament problem, but he certainly has a diving problem. Before the yabs begin, I am an ardent Chelsea fan and have been long b4 mourinho took over - back in the days of Vialli, Desailly, Wise et al cool

Also, am currently watching the ManU v Chelsea game and Drogba seems to have left his skills at Stamford bridge wink
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by jydoh(m): 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2006
Na beans angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I sorry 4 his career cry cry cry cry cry

O 'mi be( o'mi nosedive) grin grin grin grin
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Mustay(m): 7:40pm On Nov 26, 2006
Don't pity his career o! d guy is just getting richer about a hundred thousand pounds 4 an african striker?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by edmondo(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2006
@kitaun and gaby,i think u guyz shd leave drogba alone.everybody is entittle to hs or her own opinion and did not give u room to abuse the blue wizard (JM) of being arrogant.let henry too proof himself is season.
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2006
Who is holding him down? Why do u guyz just derive joy in posting bunkum here, did u read my honest opinion abt him on dis thread or on other threads? i doubt if there is a non-blue that has lavished more praises on Drogba than my humble self, but does that mean he shd blow his own trumpet? can he ever achieve for club and country what Henry has? but yet so far this season he has played beta than Henry, so?
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by egoldman(m): 4:39am On Nov 27, 2006
if drogba is justified to be saying such stupid stuff ,then what would same people say ifd henry had said something like this for the past years that he has dominated the premiership and world football as a striker ?
drogba just scored 8 goals and the league is not yet ended ,he has never won any real individual awards in the premiership ,henry has won many and yet drogba is talking this crap,who knows what he would have said if he had dominated the english league as henry did ,the guy has same problem with his mrijuana smoking manager (their mouth ) angry angry angry angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by egoldman(m): 4:43am On Nov 27, 2006
he says this "It just seems my virtual copy doesn't play as well as the Henry character. Although in real life, especially this season, I'm better than him."

did u notice the red statements,the guy means that even apart from this year he was better than henry in the past seasons ,only that it was in this year that he was much much better than the french man,nna this drogba they smoke gay just like his manager ,damn them angry angry
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by Mustay(m): 5:19am On Nov 27, 2006
there's really no need to be arguing over ds issue. Drogba said ds statement literally and let's just live it like that!
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tosinadeda: 5:51am On Nov 27, 2006
Igwe Th14
L I F E

Drogba needs some spankings for that
BLASPHEMY!

The guy is good sha but not half as good as kanu

talk less of th14
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by tosinadeda: 5:54am On Nov 27, 2006
My God did i say half as good as kanu i must b tripping

wut an insult on papilo(very sorry 4 dat)

person wey no fit control
Re: Drogba: I'm Better Than Thiery Henry by kitaun(m): 7:54am On Nov 27, 2006
@Exu, u only suceeded in exposing ur ignorance, Henry temperamental? Hell no! Na table soccer u dey watch? henry in drogba's role and drogba in henry's role? Haba, maybe u should have asked for Geoff Hurst in Pele's role or vice-versa! Pure nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs West Bromwich Albion (2 - 0) On 21st April 2016 / Will Chelsea Win the 2005 UEFA Champions League? / Are Jennifer Lopez And Sergio Ramos Dating Already?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.