Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry (23665 Views)

Ronaldo Closes In On Van Nistelrooy And All-time Champions League Top Scorers / Ruud Van Nistelrooy Retires From Football / Do U Believe That Rv Nistelrooy Can Be The Top Scorer In Germany? (2) (3) (4)

For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 4:14pm On Mar 15, 2006
Watch and Enjoy the masters at work.

For me there is just no comparison. Henry beats Van Nistelrooy Hands-down.

Watch Clip one : [url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cTSsij2bPI&search=henry%20vs]Henry Versus RVN[/url]

Watch Clip Two: [url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExcZopbl4c&search=Thierry%20henry%20]King Henry- The LEGEND in action[/url] - I Sincerely beleive this guy will go down in history as one of the greatest footballers that ever walked this planet.

Anyway, enjoy the clips and post your thoughts.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by babwilms(m): 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2006
Na Thierry Henry now! Even Steven Wonder knows that
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by JosBoy4Lif(m): 5:28am On Mar 16, 2006
Nistelrooy is not a master first of ALL
He is just a well-timed striker

He does not possess the skill of an Henry, Etoo, or Schevchenko

SO Ya Henry
WINS my vote HANDSOWN
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2006
In my Opinion, it depends on what u r looking for. Are u comparing in terms of general play or in terms of goal-scoring?

Thierry is a better player no doubt but Ruud is a better striker. His goal ratio says it all.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Skintite(f): 3:04pm On Mar 16, 2006
O boy u no fit compare o!
V.nistelrooy has to b in the right place at d right time

Henry could b anywhere, anytime
He can look 4 it, make it n score it

they're both great in there own ways
but henry beats him against all odds

Hes gonna b one of the greatest in world futball
Already the greatest in Arsenal history
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2006
@ skintitie

Obviously u r a gunner,
I ask u,whatz the role of a striker? A striker's role is to put the ball at the back of the net. Whether henry is a goalie or a defender or plays deep is just an extra which makes him a better player but in the 6-yard box, No player is deadlier than Van Nistelrooy in the premiership. He has got a goal sense and he just seem to know where the ball will drop for him. So,in terms of striking RUUD rules but overall,Henry is a better player.
Go n check his goal ratio @ PSV and at Man Utd then u will know Henry's goals are chicken feed compared to his.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2006
pie1ect:

For me there is just no comparison. Henry beats Van Nistelrooy Hands-down
I Sincerely beleive this boy will go down in history as one of the greatest footballers that ever walked this planet.

I beg Pie1ect, i know you to be very objective but this one you miss road.

Compare their European goals! i beg Van is a fox in the box.

pie1ect:

I Sincerely beleive this boy will go down in history as one of the greatest footballers that ever walked this planet.

Maybe you are saying this to compell him to stay in Highbury. I beg
He is a very good player but not the greater let alone the greatest.
He is not even half as good as Etoo.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Everyone that wants to bite my head off.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy has scored - 47 goals in all European Competitions to date.

Thierry Henry, on the other hand has scored - 48 goals in all European Competitions to date.

Which European Statistics Una dey talk about?

Let's talk Individual Acheivements, shall we?

**For the last two years running, Henry has ended up with the European Golden Boot award. Same is going to happen this year again, the way things are going.

**For two years running, the boy was voted Second-best Footballer in the World, second only to true Legends of the game in Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldinho.

**Henry was France's Top Scorer at France 98', Euro 2000, Confed Cup 2003. In all these tournaments, he came away with the Winners' medal (GOLD MEDAL)

**At his age, he's the all-time top scorer at Arsenal bar none. And his record doesn't look to be under any sort of threat.

**Despite the fact that Henry does not play as an out-and-out striker like Ruud does, he still manages to outscore every "Fox-in-the-box" in Europe consistently, never mind Van Nistelrooy.

In comparison to these afore-mentioned acheivements, can someone now explain to me What Ruud Van Nistelrooy has aceived in all his years of playing football and how he is a better striker than Henry?

For me, Henry is in a different class to Ruud Van Nistelrooy and will be remembered as a true great of this game.

Quote- Lilian Thuram
- "He's a wizard with his feet and is blessed with a gift for scoring goals. His best quality is his speed while the ball is at his feet. He may be the fastest man ever to lace up a football boot. No defender in the world can keep up with him."
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Akolawole

I can't beleive you are including Eto'o in this discussion. Which day we start to hear Eto's Name for European football?
By the way, Eto's has the luxury of playing with such wizards of the game as Ronaldinho, Deco, Messi and Xavi every other week. If he's not able to perform with such high-quality service, then he doesn't qualify to play football. Henry on the other hand has managed to break almost every record with players of slightly lower calibre, which is not too surprising given the average age of the Arsenal team.

For your information, Eto's has never out-scored(not even close to) Thiery Henry in a full season since 99/00 to date and it's not going to happen this season either. I really can't beleive you would day Eto'o is better than Henry.

By your logic, probably Drogba is better than Ronaldo or Raul?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mochafella(m): 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2006
erm pielect,

I don't know where you got your stats from but there is something missing. Jackal mentioned goal ratio and you mentioned total goals scored. Well I must agree with Jackal. Henry is the better player but RVN is the deadlier striker. He reminds me of BatiGol.

Thierry is very, very, very pretty to watch, RVN just wants to score.

Here are the stats I have
Thierry RVN
Career League Apps(Goals) 354 (179) 309 (185)
Career Euro Apps(Goals) 84 (47) 54 (41)

Here is the source. Can we have the source for your stats
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/h/henry_22698.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/v/van_nistelrooy_47691.stm
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 8:43pm On Mar 16, 2006
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2006
@pie1ect,

U r just misinforming the public about Henry. Ruud tops it all in goal scoring and i believe he is a better striker but Henry is a better player.

@mochafella,
Thanx for ur information. Let me add to ur stats by saying Ruud has been the UEFA's top scorer thrice(2001/2002 2002/2003 2004/2005) in the last 5 seasons.
I am yet to see Henry on this list. Henry just happens to be a local champion. If he moves away from Arsenal,Etoo will outscore him in la liga!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 9:15pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Jackal
When you talk about the public, are you talking about some dummies who can't read for themselves?
And do you care to disprove any of the facts I stated above?

The stats I stated - i.e No. of goals scored by each palyer- is on Yahoo Sports for all the World to see and I have posted the individual links above.

BTW, do I have to remind you that I did not ask who was the better Striker at the beginning of this thread?

FFS,Henry has not even played as an out-and-out striker for most of his career.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 9:22pm On Mar 16, 2006
I dont need a rocket scientist to know u r a gunner and hence u r biased.
RVN Vs Henry simply means who is better at what they do? Since the 2 of them are strikers, we have to measure their performance in terms of goalscoring.
If they were goalkeepers then we measure in terms of goals conceeded.
U should have been clearer with ur dumb topic,
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by mosdan(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2006
who here on earth will ever compare king Henry I with v. Nistelrooy. here in london, van don't dare Henry in all catergory of football. Henry is the best striker in the premier league.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2006
U talk absolute crap. Its obvious u dont watch football at all. I will even tip Rooney ahead of Henry
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2006
Do I have to reply to this rubbish?

@Jackal
If I wanted to start a debate on who is better at tucking the ball away, I could have supported my points with statistics.

If you still are not clear on what this thread is about : Here it is in English

"Between Thiery Henry and Ruud Van Nistelrooy, who do you guys reckon is the better footballer?

BTW, you won't need a rocket scientist as my signature clearly shouts my allegiance, if you don't mind.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2006
Here we go again -

Rooney better than Henry?

Now I think I need some sleep.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 9:54pm On Mar 16, 2006
R.I.P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gay!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 10:22pm On Mar 16, 2006
**Laughs**

Do you have to resort to insults to prove your point?
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2006
u started it, we dont have to beef over this,do we? These players will pick their pay cheques 2mrw and we r here fighting n cussing over nuthing.

Take care,
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2006
Cheers.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Akolawole(m): 1:01am On Mar 18, 2006
@ Pie1ect

Can you explain to me?

## European Golden boot winner##
## second best footballer in the World##

The whole world knew Lampard is the current second best in the World

Now back to Van Nilsteroy, check this out;

# He is the first premiership Striker to score Ten successive league games#

# Premiership Golden boot in 2002/2003 season#.

#Barclaycard Player of the year award 2002/2003#

#UEFA Best Strikers Award with 12 goals#

Where is Thiery Henry in Euro 2004 All-star Squad in which Van is inclusive.?

Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by Jackal(m): 11:29am On Mar 19, 2006
@ Akolawole
U have done it again with ur brilliant research. I hope this will put all gunners to sleep once and for all. They are kind of obsessed abt their team. All of a sudden, Wenger is the Best Manager, Henry is the best player and Lehmann is the best Goalie. I wonder how any right thinking person wld compare henry to KING RUUD.
Ruud got to England and made an immediate impact scoring on his debut. It took Henry years to make an IMPACT and cld not score a decent goal until after 20 or more matches cos he had to understudy Kanu.
Ruud is a world class finisher and i believe he is the deadliest striker in the world!!!!!!!!!!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by babwilms(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2006
Why are we always diverting away from the question asked, nairaland members are too fund of the act of not answering the question asked. People have started putting records on the thread (is the question about the amount of goals scored)?.

Have u all forgotten that Henry is not a natural striker like Van Nisterooy. Henry was a winger before adjusting himself to a striker at Arsenal and he's still doing a wonderful job not too far away from Nisterooy's record. Do you want to kill the boy Henry, after scoring lots of goals, setting up plenty goals for his team mates, scoring free kicks, terrorising defenders, chasing back and you still expect him to be scoring as much as Nistelrooy who is always man marking the goal keeper and hardly chase back, Nisterooy hardly display skills of dribbling pass players, i guess thats not is job. He does is job effectively well than Henry

So for viewing sake like the author of this thread asked, My pick is KING HENRY. PLEASE LETS GO BACK TO THE THREAD
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2006
I have seen the Video and my pick is RUUD. Ruud's job is to put the ball at the back of the net which he does effectively. I think RUUD does what he is asked to do and that is to SCORE goals. He has scored all kinds of goals unlike Henry who finds it diffcult to score with his HEAD. I can count henry's headers on my finger-tips in his over 200 career goals @ arsenal.

It's obvious RUUD has the cutting edge in goalscoring than Henry and if i were to be a Manager,i wld buy RUUD instead of Henry!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by babwilms(m): 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2006
Well we cannot blame henry for not scoring with is head, mainly because Arsenal style of play does not permit him to do so (Arsenal always keep the ball on the floor).
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by slimgene(m): 6:12pm On Mar 19, 2006
Thanx for admitting. Keeping the ball on the floor does not stop Henry from scoring with his head. Barcelona keeps the ball on the floor better than Arsenal and Etoo,Messi,Larsson and even Ronaldinho score with their heads. Brazil are the best in keeping balls on the floor and the strikers score with their heads. Henry is not just good enuff in the box. His STRENGTH lies outside the box where he can assist with sublime passes,run at defenders and create havoc for defenders.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by TYPOP(m): 7:00pm On Mar 19, 2006
Jackal:

, would compare henry to KING RUUD.
@Jackal
must u use our terms? Who made Rude a king?
KING HENRY is better anytime. Must you be in the 6 yards to be able to be deadly? Anywhere KING is, defenders are catching cold cos they know anything can happen.
GUNNERS 4 LYFE!
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by pie1ect(m): 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2006
slimgene:

His STRENGTH lies outside the box where he can assist with sublime passes,run at defenders and create havoc for defenders.

So Henry does have strengths afterall.
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 11:58am On Mar 20, 2006
Anybody that compares ruud van nistelrooy to thierry henry is undoubtedly biased. Because if you wern't you would know deep in your heart that van nistelrooy is not in the same class.

Kola forgive me but your statistics is absolute crap, rubbish from the bottom of the vilest gutter. Not you but your stats.

For everything you listed there henry has done better. second in the world, Premiership player of the year twice, one of three to score 30 goals, golden boot " please howmany times has he won it".

His passing, he's overaal contribution, the class of his goals is something ruud van nistelrooy can only dream of after 6 rounds of vodka.

this season van nistelrooy had a head start on henry, when henry was injured. He led theirry by more than ten goals. In afew games henry has closed the gap to two.

Nistelrooy is such crap , he's been benched by saha who can't even get into a french team, that henry dominates even when he is not scoring.

Gunners please don't disgrace me by arguing this topic anymore. Its blind hatred for the great man. KING HENRY THE LIONHEART
Re: For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry by nightrider: 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2006
Jackal you obviously watch your football matches on radio

Swansea City Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 21st February 2015 / Manchester City Vs Crystal Palace (4 - 2) On 27th August 2022 / Atletico Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On 12th September 2015

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61