Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,313 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools (3748 Views)

Ondo State Bans Activities Of Fulani Nomadic Herdsmen / Police Battle Hoodlums As Jonathan Campaigns In Bauchi / 6 Foreign Workers Kidnapped In Bauchi State - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by na2day2(m): 5:35am On Aug 29, 2008
wow! of all the problems that has befallen nigeria, this is wat affects the intelligent northern law makers the most? shocked shocked shocked ur stupidity knows no bounds angry angry angry
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by DisGuy: 5:44am On Aug 29, 2008
tpia:

I don't see why this is front page news. Besides, that picture is many years old. Those girls must be grown by now.

Arent a lot of northern schools segregated anyway? Its nothing new.

I mean, its not like one never heard anything of the kind before.

just my opinion sha. I did not go to a mixed high school, so I don't really see it as a big deal. Neither do I live in the north.

Dont know why it has to be state policy, but like the nudity bill, it shows some of the leadership are idle and clueless about priorities. What they need to focus on is how to improve the standard of education. If they're ignoring that, then they need to be reminded.

We have to keep up the scare tactics wink

I really wonder how this affect Chukwu from Nnewi or Iya Basira from oshodi is what
I am not too sure about, seems like we're fixated by these people from the north!
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Riskie(f): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

I think we better analyze the advantages of co ed schools to the other. One of their reasons for the ban are it'll help checkmate teenge pregnancy and I think they have a point there. So, if there is no concrete advantage of coed, why not allow them to do what they desire in their own state?. It's not segregation  at all because no race, sex or tribe is being segregated at all, the sexes were just separated to avoid unnecessary accidents. I prefer co ed though, , don't want to  raise homosexuals as children(no offense).  Homosexuality is very high in same sex schools though.

Ummm.  .  . Yea it is segregation. undecided

Definition of segregation:

1. enforced separation of groups: the practice of keeping ethnic, racial, religious, or gender groups separate especially by enforcing the use of separate schools, transportation, housing, and other facilities, and usually discriminating against a minority group

Source: http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/segregation.html

1 Like

Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by davidif: 7:36am On Aug 29, 2008
Na wa o, i tire for this country, what kind of nonsense is this, instead of focusing on the horrendously pathetic public school system in the state, they are focusing on segregating male and female, how are the students then supposed to compete with each other in class to get the best out of them. This is the same hypocritical religion where pedophilia is practiced, where old creepy men can take wives as young as 14 and impregnate them, yet they are complaining about teenage pregnancy in schools. May God deliever us from that religion.

NO COUNTRY CAN EVER REACH ITS POTENTIAL BY MARGINALIZING ONE GROUP AGAINST THE OTHER.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by chickslord: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2008
who are they foolin ? when majority of them r having good time in the south.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by reindeer: 8:43am On Aug 29, 2008
interesting!
A classic case of intellectual poverty. shocked
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by na2day2(m): 8:50am On Aug 29, 2008
WORD!

reindeer:

interesting!
A classic case of intellectual poverty. shocked
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by MrCrackles(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2008
I tire for Naija ooo!
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by slyk2(m): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2008
This shows how far sighted our so called leaders are.
Its this religious men that equally marry teenagers a wife.

Absolute trash!
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by kumbalo(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2008
hmm, mediocre people. i think they need to also know that this could pose rather more danger than they can even imagine. Hasn't anyone told them about Homosexuality?
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by shawn123: 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2008
All this people vexing, how does it really affect you. As far as am concerned, its their state and the state has the right to create its own laws as long as its what the people want. Why dont you all go to America and critisize them for gay marriage , lol, how e take worry una, abi una dey achieve orgasm by seing the opposite sex? lipsrsealed nawa for some people sef,
i smell religious beef within the lines, as usual!
If i build my house and create my laws, if the laws dont suit you then dont go into the damn house, abi na by force? shoo
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by shawn123: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
Riskie:

From personal experience I would say that segregating schools does not in any way prevent the occurrence of teen pregnancy or poor academic performance. In fact I think it exacerbates these things.
The thing is that young people will experiment because junior/senior highschool is the time when most of them do. They will find a way regardless of segregation to do what they want. Rather than taking the seemingly easier way out by separating the sexes, they should try to educate the children. In doing so, many of them would choose on their own to do the right thing.
When I was in 11th grade I was in a school that was segregated. The male and female students had their own building and still a boy and girl from my school had a kid before we did our IGCSEs. Not only that but unspeakable things happened in the bathroom with students as young as 10  shocked. So basically segregation is BS. It is nothing but mere wishful thinking.

Now this is what i call a response, this is how incidents should be handled not by ultering lashes that dont make sense
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by komekn(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
I am not completely familiar with Nigerian constitution, and I know there is always a disparity between theory and practice.

However, as far as I know federal law supersedes state law. Is this not a breach of the fundamental right to freedom of association in the first instance?   Secondly is this ruling binding on Christian schools as well as Federal schools?

Where does it all end if you are in the north, segregated universities and compulsory hijab and Arabic/Islamic studies are now a possibility?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing,"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents, 1770.

Will someone in government speak up there is a complacent silence which implies consent.  sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked angry
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by JJay1(m): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2008
These Northern parasites cant really catch me by surprise with stupidity.

I guess they can re-allocate the states by sex; this will make it easier for them. A proposal below:

Women States
Zamfara
Bauchi
Adamawa
Niger
Kaduna

Men states
Kogi
Katsina
Borno

Is there a more stupid race? Even the Amazonians in Brazil that are supposedly the most primitive arent this stupid
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Kobojunkie: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
I am going to guess that the people who spent valuable time on this law are a selected few who believe they have the will of the people in their hands. These idiots need to be put in their place and not until the people wake up from their stupid slumber will life in any part of Nigeria remember what it should in the 21st century.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by madamkoko: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I am going to guess that the people who spent valuable time on this law are a selected few who believe they have the will of the people in their hands. These idiots need to be put in their place and not until the people wake up from their stupid slumber will life in any part of Nigeria remember what it should in the 21st century.

You forgot to mention the selected few whose kids are somewhere abroad getting an edumication with boys/girls,
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Jakumo(m): 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2008
Women in Islamic-ruled societies are regarded as agricultural brood-stock who have no other purpose in life than that of popping out babies on demand.  It thus stands to reason that Northern Nigeria's "elected"  Taleban oppressors would seek to keep women securely caged and segregated from the rest of society until they are 12-years old and ready to be sold off like excess cattle to child-molesting Alhajis who frequently cause the girls' death by getting them pregnant a decade before they reach child-bearing age.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by DisGuy: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
komekn:

I am not completely familiar with Nigerian constitution, and I know there is always a disparity between theory and practice.

However, as far as I know federal law supersedes state law. Is this not a breach of the fundamental right to freedom of association in the first instance?   Secondly is this ruling binding on Christian schools as well as Federal schools?

Where does it all end if you are in the north, segregated universities and compulsory hijab and Arabic/Islamic studies are now a possibility?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing,"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." Edmund Burke, Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents, 1770.

Will someone in government speak up there is a complacent silence which implies consent.
 sad shocked sad shocked sad shocked angry

They're not Bovvered!!!!
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Riskie(f): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
JJay1:

These Northern parasites can't really catch me by surprise with stupidity.

I guess they can re-allocate the states by sex; this will make it easier for them. A proposal below:

Women States
Zamfara
Bauchi
Adamawa
Niger
Kaduna

Men states
Kogi
Katsina
Borno

[size=14pt]Is there a more stupid race?[/size] Even the Amazonians in Brazil that are supposedly the most primitive arent this stupid

That was totally uncalled for. It's people like you who hinder progress.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2008
Mordern men with ancient spirits. Do these people think we are still in the days of the homo erectus? As if the people who are seperated in school will no longer see themselves. These people have a problem of mis-targeted priority. Someone pls bless them with a little dose of intelligence

Or do they even think we don't know who passed the poisoned apple to A b a c h a. wink
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Eziachi: 4:45pm On Aug 29, 2008
MC Usman:

Every state has the right  to create bye laws as long as they do not contradict the federal laws. If Bauchi  State decides to ban mixed schools then so be it. A lots of boys & girls schools are exist in the south so is not a new thing.

In the USA different state have different laws, while some state approved of death penalty & same sex marriage others don’t.

I hope you maintain the same right of having bye laws if and when Niger Delta and East will make a bye law forbiding them sharing oil money with you are having a share in the VAT proceeds from alcohol since one of your bye laws forbades the drink alcohol.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by shawn123: 6:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
oops, i no understand as una come carry this issue for head. Are you a northerner? if no why do you complain? IF yes, then its your right to complain. i tire sef undecided
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Aug 29, 2008
Wonder what happens if due to the ban, there is a noticed increase in homosexual activity in schools? What will the state do then? Ban Schooling completely?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by davidif: 1:14am On Aug 30, 2008

However, as far as I know federal law supersedes state law. Is this not a breach of the fundamental right to freedom of association in the first instance?   Secondly is this ruling binding on Christian schools as well as Federal schools?

Thank you jare my brother, this people don't know that the constitution is the supreme law of the land and if these sharia states want to secede from the union by establishing laws contrary to the law of the land then let them, the fed govt. should simply cut off funding from them. In other words, no budget allocation

Every state has the right to create bye laws as long as they do not contradict the federal laws. If Bauchi State decides to ban mixed schools then so be it. A lots of boys & girls schools are exist in the south so is not a new thing.

In the USA different state have different laws, while some state approved of death penalty & same sex marriage others don’t.

@MC Usman
do you know what you are talking about? because it seems that you do not have a clue. This is the reason why the US fought a civil war: state's rights over the fed govts. and guess who won. In case, you didn't know, the law of the fed govt. supercedes the law of any state and if this guys don't want to stay in the federation then they should be kicked out.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by na2day2(m): 2:01am On Aug 30, 2008
that's the dumbest statement i have read on this thread so far? so only northerners live in the north? if they want to form their own laws, why not let the igbos make their own laws, the yorubas, ijaws etc. bros, i assume u at least went to primary school, pls use ur head before posting crap! angry angry

shawn123:

oops, i no understand as una come carry this issue for head. Are you a northerner? if no why do you complain? IF yes, then its your right to complain. i tire sef undecided
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2008
@Queenisha
@DeepZone
I appreciate the two responses against my response. Am not against them protecting their females and males.However, those lawmakers and Governors can't make any laws for or against us when they are also guilty of the acts. If you must make laws come clean or let things rotten. It is all difficulty. You want people to stay away from things you do.

That reminds me when I was breaking up with my girlfriend, the sister visited her (cos she was studying in another state) and saw her rooming with another guy and my girlfriend told her sister that she can handle it but told me to take her word as only me dey.The sister made me understand that no life remaining in that affair.It is cos'I love my girlfriend if not I wouldn't have been bothered. I took it gently and slowly disassociated ( wasn't easy) myself and sooner the sister started to date one of my co-workers and my ex started shouting. Any sense or morals here. It's only in 9ja, thief push/try thief. Imagine Ladoja probing Akala in Oyo state.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by lucabrasi(m): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2008
in as much as i believe there is an element of hypocricy and misplaced priorities,i dont see anything wrong with it really if it is in line with sharia law
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by BluMalam(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
Truth is, these things never really get implemented, trust me, i know.

What do you expect from a Governor who makes campaign promises rooted in religion, the easiest and surest way to

the masses hearts (and votes)? He gotta make it sound like he's delivering grin grin grin

Nairaland should be a medium for sharing views and fostering unity among people, I can't understand why Seun always features threads offensive to the North on the home page angry. Imagine if all the rotten news that comes from the s, Let me save that for another.
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2008
LOL! grin our broses in the north always give us reasons to be amused,
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by komekn(m): 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2008
In my humble opinion sharia law is optional for those professing the Muslim face and not mandatory, it does not supersede federal law.

Indeed considering the large number of Christians in all of the northern states, it is tantamount to sedition by these state governments. It is one federal nation not one Islamic nation, to enforce illegally a law even on Muslims as it is by consent is ultra vires.

In relation to Christians or any non Muslims it is an act usurping the right of the individual guaranteed by the state, can I suggest treasonable by the lesser state government.

Furthermore I am constrained as I have not had the opportunity to study Nigerian constitutional law. So can the Naija lawyers speak up and educate us. shocked shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Bauchi State Bans Public Co-ed Schools by KarmaMod(f): 5:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
[b]Wonder what happens if due to the ban, there is a noticed increase in homosexual activity in schools? [/b]What will the state do then? Ban Schooling completely?? ROFLMAO!!

That's exactly what's gonna happen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Government Suspends Fuel Importation (Says LeadershipNigeria) / An Open Letter To Senator Adetumbi - 'Enugu Is Not Bankrupt' / FG Hands Over PHCN Power Cops To Private Bidders In 2 Weeks- Anyim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.