Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! (1342 Views)

Nigerian Driver In Canada Loses License For Insulting Gay Men Kissing In His Cab / Dana Air License Suspended For Audit / Tips And Advices For New Green Card Holder Relocating To The Maryland Usa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! by abdurrazaq(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2008
My friend found a Driver's License that belongs to an American Resident. The Driver's license is due to expire on 12-12-08. The date of birth of the holder is 12-12-38. I would've love to post the holder's name but for security reasons undecided but, the name shows that the holder is a Nigerian. My question is won't this affect the renewal of the licence. He can't return it because he lives in Nigeria and the license should be returned to Maryland, USA. What can heĀ  (my friend) do to get the license to the owner.
Re: Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! by Sentra: 2:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
See if the info below will be of help.

What do I do if my license is lost?
A lost driver's license is not required to be reported to the MVA. To replace a lost driver's license you must obtain a duplicate license. You must bring proof identity along with the fee to the MVA. Please refer to sources of proof for the required documentation.

What do I do if my license is stolen?
If your driver's license or permit has been stolen, you should first contact your local police department and obtain a police report regarding the incident. A police report/incident report number is required to replace a stolen license. Once a police report is filed, it is important to promptly contact the MVA's Customer Ombudsman's office at 410-787-7856 or via email at msorenson@mdot.state.md.us.

[b]

Source[/b]http://www.marylandmva.com/AboutMVA/FAQ/default.htm#lost_license
Re: Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! by tonysmart: 3:31am On Aug 30, 2008
Mail it to the owner?
Re: Missing (Maryland, USA) Driver's License found in Nigeria! by kenflipper(m): 12:54am On Aug 31, 2008
Good idea tonysmart, the person's address would be on the front of the driver's license, mail it through a registered mail and include your names and phone number in a small note requesting for a call if the owner receives it, for confirmation that it got to the right person.

(1) (Reply)

Dubai In Holidays Season,but Contrabound Cargo Buyers Becareful / Help?applying To Uk University While Under Malaysian Visa? / Spend 3 Nights Get One Free.kelsey Greene Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.