Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Dana Air License Suspended For Audit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air License Suspended For Audit (7511 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by ucforu(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2013

After the Lagos airport plane crash, FG decide to Ban Dana airline again from operating in the country.

We regret to announce the temporary suspension of our flight operations following a directive from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) on Sunday, 6th October, 2013.
This, we understand, is to allow for an audit of our operations as a precautionary measure.

At Dana Air, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is a major priority, and we would continue to cooperate with the aviation authorities and abide by all local and international safety regulations in the delivery of world-class air transport services to our esteemed guests.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused as a result of this suspension and urge our guests to please call our contact centre on 01-2800888 for further information and advice.

Thank You.

Dana Air Management

Nice decision right?

Source: www.citigist.com
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by gboso1ne(m): 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
What do u expect

i try
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by kolajoo(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Space reserved. BRB pls.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by fastguy10: 6:11am On Oct 07, 2013
Dana u again
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by ayogabriel(m): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2013
Phewwww!!! I read suspended for audit not banned. Haba!!!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by TGlobe: 7:32am On Oct 07, 2013
why again. they are going to destroy this man business

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by donphilopus: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2013
DANA why always you?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2013
More than 250 ethnic groups.

2 major religions... One for peace and the other for piss (blood sucking)

I doubt the feasibility of the coexistence.

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by israel007: 8:24am On Oct 07, 2013
Huh? they should give us a reason. i expected that the FG/FAAN, upon hearing that dana airline failed engine 20 minutes after take off from abuja last week, should have come out and issue a statement. surprise no one said anything on that front. all the fuss was on social media.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:00am On Oct 07, 2013
ucforu:

After the Lagos airport plane crash, FG decide to Ban Dana airline again from operating in the country.

Nice decision right?

Source: www.citigist.com
FG needs more cash.
Relax DANA, dem go son unban u after 'critical investigation' by the committee that will soon 'sit on it' grin grin
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by tunde1200(m): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2013
SLIDE waxie: FG needs more cash.
Relax DANA, dem go son unban u after 'critical investigation' by the committee that will soon 'sit on it' grin grin

That is naija for u
But Dana could have change their aircaft too now.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Tuntheycr7: 10:38am On Oct 07, 2013
Mr OP, Dana has been Suspended not Banned....
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by escobar07(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Why not just ban it forever
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by lurvy: 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by moscobabs(m): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
They should free this Airline na,Dana plane was not the 1st to crash and is not the last na.They want to kill their bussiness
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by fingard02k(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
dana aircrafts should be rename flying coffin

1 Like

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2013
emmysenior: More than 250 ethnic groups.

What is this one saying You don drink ur merecine?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by citizenisb: 12:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
I am the one that revealed the loss of its engine from abuja to lagos. After all the abuse i received on social media from what i obviously saw of loss of the right turbine on the wing of the aircraft, the same airline has repeated it again with passengers on their way FROM Port Harcourt:-

The Director General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Mr. Fola Akinkuotu, Sunday suspended the operations of Dana Air.

General Manager, Public Affairs, NCAA, Fan Ndubuoke, who confirmed the suspension, said it was because its flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos made on air return due to technical problem.
THISDAY investigations learnt that the aircraft lost one of its engines and this was the second time in a week that such an incident would happen.

An informed source revealed that the aircraft had flown 38 miles away from Port Harcourt when one of the engines shut down, when it called the control tower.

It was gathered that by the time it was making the air return, it had flown 45 miles with one engine, in an aircraft laden with passengers.

Last year, the airline recorded a tragic air accident in Lagos that killed 153 persons on board.

THIS INDIANS NEVER LEARN TILL THEY KILL NIGERIANS ON THE ALTAR OF THEIR gOD OF mONEY!!!

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by DexxyAlebs(m): 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
dana maka y?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by citizenisb: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by AfricaFace(f): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
Very good NCAA, two Sunday's ago, a Dana flight from Abuja to Lagos 7pm lost one of the engines again, 30 minutrs after taking off, and people were advised to stay away from cockpit. We only hear the final news.. which is crash... thank God the other engine moved people to Lagos successfully... while most passengers are already in comma
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by ghettodreamz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
Good move, if this was actually for the stated reason. I hope they pass the auditing test & requirements; and hopefully they'd lift the suspension soon.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
What about Associated Airlines? Don't they need an audit too?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by ghettodreamz(m): 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
AfricaFace: Very good NCAA, two Sunday's ago, a Dana flight from Abuja to Lagos 7pm lost one of the engines again, 30 minutrs after taking off, and people were advised to stay away from cockpit. We only hear the final news.. which is crash... thank God the other engine moved people to Lagos successfully... while most passengers are already in comma

Really?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by dridowu: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
The fear of dana air is the beginning of wisom
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2013
citizenisb: I am the one that revealed the loss of its engine from abuja to lagos. After all the abuse i received on social media from what i obviously saw of loss of the right turbine on the wing of the aircraft, the same airline has repeated it again with passengers on their way FROM Port Harcourt:-

The Director General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Mr. Fola Akinkuotu, Sunday suspended the operations of Dana Air.

General Manager, Public Affairs, NCAA, Fan Ndubuoke, who confirmed the suspension, said it was because its flight from Port Harcourt to Lagos made on air return due to technical problem.
THISDAY investigations learnt that the aircraft lost one of its engines and this was the second time in a week that such an incident would happen.

An informed source revealed that the aircraft had flown 38 miles away from Port Harcourt when one of the engines shut down, when it called the control tower.

It was gathered that by the time it was making the air return, it had flown 45 miles with one engine, in an aircraft laden with passengers.

Last year, the airline recorded a tragic air accident in Lagos that killed 153 persons on board.

THIS INDIANS NEVER LEARN TILL THEY KILL NIGERIANS ON THE ALTAR OF THEIR gOD OF mONEY!!!
BROTHER DONT MIND THEM
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE GOATS AMONG THE SHEEP
INDIAN WORSHIPPERS
IF IT WERE A NIGERIAN BUSINESS COMMITTING ALL THESE BLUNDERS
THEY WILL BE QUICK TO CALL 4 ITS BAN
UNCLE TOMS
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by IAMBREEZY: 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
Dana?well dana ain't airline anymore its just a coffin flying with wings.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Fadelex(m): 12:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
I wonder why people still fly Dana, I work beside Abuja airport and anytime Dana is on d sky I don't need to look up... it makes noise like there's no engine oil in d engine... the other time I took IRS, I almost shit for body, the aircraft looked very old... arik has been d best I've flown with... but I no even trust anybody again these days... u better follow road and do excursion

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Akshow: 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
emmysenior: More than 250 ethnic groups.

if I whooooooze u wan derri slap u go see double. Wetin we de talk wetin u de tallk?
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by TrishaP(f): 12:46pm On Oct 07, 2013
moscobabs: They should free this Airline na,Dana plane was not the 1st to crash and is not the last na.They want to kill their bussiness

I'm sure your talking like this because you didn't lose any of ur loved ones in that incident.
Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by unmask: 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
citizenisb: I am the one that revealed the loss of its engine from abuja to lagos. After all the abuse i received on social media from what i obviously saw of loss of the right turbine on the wing of the aircraft, the same airline has repeated it again with passengers on their way FROM Port Harcourt:-

is it the fault of the Indians?....... Talk to your regulatory authorities

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air License Suspended For Audit by Nosyke(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
Now this is getting interesting. The NCAA should do a comprehensive safety analysis of all local airlines, any of them found faulty should be grounded till it meets safety standards. They should be proactive instead of being reactive, today they suspend Dana, tomorrow they lift the suspension, now it's Associated airlines. Aren't these aircrafts supposed to be certified ok before they are allowed to fly?
What of people that have planned their travels with Dana air of course based upon the fact that NCAA has certified them ok, what happens to them?
Its high time aviation all stake holders tell the flying public which airlines to use and those not to use.
Arik, re schedules flight at will most times without any form of compensation to inconvenienced passengers, yet nothing has happened to them in terms of punishment not to talk of their throat slicing fares

Well, I called their customer care and the lady told me that it was only for today alone, normal flights will resume by tomorrow.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Wins Best Domestic Carrier For 2011 Award / My Letter To Nigerians Living And Studying In Western Countries / First Batch Of 259 Hajj Pilgrims Arrive Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.