Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,985 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim (32806 Views)

Ramadan Kareem To All Muslims / Ramadan Kareem To All Muslims On Nairaland / Happy Ramadan Kareem To All Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by rasqman: 5:35am On Aug 31, 2008
Salam muslim brothers and sisters, Ramadhan is here again lets us seize this once in a year wonderful opportunity to move closer to ALLAH. Remember it is a month of bountifull blessings and forgiveness, May Allah accept all our efforts as an act of Ibadat (Amin). MAA SALAM.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by NurudeenA2: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2008
wa laikum salam my muslim brother and i wish all muslms in the world a happy ramadhan, may ALMIGHTY ALLAH spear our lives to see more of this month on earth.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2008
Wa alaikum salam,

May Allah make us be among those that will reap the bounties of this holy month!!!

Ramadan Kareem!!!!
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by lonelypal(m): 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Wa alaikum salam,

May Allah make us be among those that will reap the bounties of this holy month!!!

Ramadan Kareem!!!!

Ameen!
Ramadaan Kareem to all nairalanders!
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by kolkuns(m): 12:49pm On Aug 31, 2008
Wa alaikum salam,

Ramadan Kareem!!!!

May Almighty Allah accept our prayers and ibadah during and after the ramadan. AMIN.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Frizy(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2008
Always remember to use:https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-144474.0.html for your Quranic recitation in English. I promise to complete the posting this month Insha Allah. wink
Salam.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by lexicon(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2008
Wa alaikum salam,
May ALLAH spear our lives to see more of this month on earth with good health.(Amin)
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by habumaks(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2008
Amin wa'alaikusalam.

Yes the Holy month is here again. I wish every Muslim Ramadan Kareem. May we enjoy the bounties of this month and may He also forgive our sins and guide us to the right path, ameen.

Ma Salam.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by ExInferis(m): 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2008
its time we own up to the truth: nigerian muslims are making the same mistake year after year. the month of ramadan DOES NOT begin until first september, ie tomorrow. right now in the whole world only nigerians are fasting. the moon rises in the EAST, and since most of the middle east is a couple of hours ahead of us (GMT +) i fail to see how year after year we are the first to sight the moon. the sun sets two hours in saudi arabia before it does here, and the moon rises from their side of the heavens. in Dubai they have an array of telescopes and other astronomical tools aimed at the sky since last night and this morning they conceded not to have sighted the ramadan new moon so i wonder how it is we here saw it with our naked eyes.

this practice is highly questionable and it speaks volumes that in the entire world only nigerians are in the month of ramadan. even a cursory glance at any islamic calendar will reveal 1st september as the commencement of the month of ramadan.

as for me, my fasting starts tomorrow.

you may also want to look here

http://www.moonsighting.com/calendars/2008ummulqura.html

and read this from the link above

A suggested Global Lunar Calendar based on Imkan-e-Ru'yah (sighting possibility) somewhere in the world is that if the moon is born before 12:00 UT [23:59 or less of the previous day at International Date Line (IDL)], then the month begins at sunset of that day everywhere in the world. If the moon is born after 12:00 UT, then the month begins on the next day's sunset everywhere. IDL has been universally accepted even by Muslims as the beginning of every day of the week. All Muslims pray Friday prayers on the same day starting at IDL. Global Lunar Calendar should also follow the same convention of the day, so that the whole world can start Ramadan or Eid on the same day.

The moon born before 12:00 UT has Imkaan-e-Ru'yah somewhere on earth, and the moon is born before the day begins at IDL, so the whole world can start the month on the same day. This suggested Global Lunar Calendar is so easy to calculate for any ordinary Muslsim that no expertise of astronomy or science is required. All that is needed is Conjunction time which is easily available from many sources on the Internet. This suggested Global Calendar was also discussed at Morocco Conference, November 2006  attended by representatives from various Islamic countries.

you may also want to read this:

When is Ramadan in 2008?

Ramadan in 2008 will start on Monday, the 1st of September and will continue for 30 days until Tuesday, the 30th of September.

Based on sightability in North America, in 2008 Ramadan will start in North America a day later - on Tuesday, the 2nd of September.

Note that in the Muslim calander, a holiday begins on the sunset of the previous day, so observing Muslims will celebrate Ramadan on the sunset of Sunday, the 31st of August.

Although Ramadan is always on the same day of the Islamic calendar, the date on the Gregorian calendar varies from year to year, since the Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar and the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. This difference means Ramadan moves in the Gregorian calendar approximately 11 days every year. The date of Ramadan may also vary from country to country depending on whether the moon has been sighted or not.

The dates provided here are based on the dates adopted by the Fiqh Council of North America for the celebration of Ramadan. Note that these dates are based on astronomical calculations to affirm each date, and not on the actual sighting of the moon with the naked eyes. This approach is accepted by many, but is still being hotly debated.

http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2008.asp
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by kauzar: 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2008
Dear brothers/sisters,

the blessed month has come let's start planting to harvest full/filled baskets of reward in manifolds.
As such do not forget to take  your sahur and hasten to break your fast when it's time.Observe the rules of fasting and also, do not forget some rewardful sayings like,
la ilah ilalah
subuhana lah
Alhamdulilah
Allahu Akbar

May Allah continue to shower His bountiful blessing on us,    (amin)
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by rhamz: 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2008
Wa alaikum Salam,Fasting does not mean merely abstaining from eating and drinking so lets not forget those things that are required from us during dis month and after
(1) Performing the other acts of worship and duties, and Salat in particular, without which no other act of worship is accepted by Allah. Praying in congregation is a great aspect in our religion.

(2) Refraining from bad behavior such as lying, cheating, smoking, backbiting and slandering others to create animosity among them. The Prophet (peace be on him) said: "No slanderer shall enter the Jannah."

(3) Be extraordinarily cautious in using the senses, the mind, especially, the tongue; to abstain from careless and gossipy chats and avoid all suspicious motions.A fasting person preserving the purity of the fast should not be involved in talking behind others, intrigues, aspersions, vilifications, lies, altercations, name-callings and swearing as well as perjuries.

(4) It is advisable as Sunna that a fasting person spends most of his time reading the Holy Qur'an, devoting himself to worship and offering in close perception of Allah. Increase your remembrance of Allah, and recitation of Qur'an and listening to it, and contemplation of its meanings. Act on it and attend the beneficial discussions in the mosques, and practice I'tikaf in the Masjid at the end of Ramadan (this is Sunnah).

May ALLAH make them easy for us, Amin

Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by akinlade11: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2008
Wa alaikum salam,
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by trilla(f): 3:46pm On Aug 31, 2008
Asalam alaeikum . I pray we all see many more of this glourious month. Frizy, please i want the quran with audio. what link do i use. thanks
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Mustay(m): 6:49pm On Aug 31, 2008
Ex Inferis:

its time we own up to the truth: nigerian muslims are making the same mistake year after year. the month of ramadan DOES NOT begin until first september, ie tomorrow. right now in the whole world only nigerians are fasting. the moon rises in the EAST, and since most of the middle east is a couple of hours ahead of us (GMT +) i fail to see how year after year we are the first to sight the moon. the sun sets two hours in saudi arabia before it does here, and the moon rises from their side of the heavens. in Dubai they have an array of telescopes and other astronomical tools aimed at the sky since last night and this morning they conceded not to have sighted the ramadan new moon so i wonder how it is we here saw it with our naked eyes.
as for me, my fasting starts tomorrow.

As long as your muslim leader; Sultan declares it, you are expected to commence. Once you hear that it has been declared; off you go!

Perhaps you might go to sokoto next year with me so we can confirm these findings of the moon-sighting.

However, like a popular scholar suggested today, 'Amirs' from various states of the country should be present at the sultan's palace when this event is around so that we stop this 'madness' of HAUSAS NEVER COMPLETE THIRTY DAYS IN SHABAN OR THEY NEVER FAST 29 DAYS IN RAMADAN.

Ramadan 1429
   Announcement: The holy fasting month of Ramadan will start Monday, September 1, in most Arab and Gulf countries as well as North America and European countries.

"There was no evidence of any person seeing the new crescent today," Saudi Arabia's Judicial Council confirmed in a statement on Saturday, August 30. Therefore, Sunday, August 31, will be the last day of the month of Sha`ban and Ramadan will fall on Monday, September 1, added the council.

Based on calculations, more than 35 countries have announced that the first day of Ramadan will be on Monday, September 1. Click to see the list

The Astronomical New Moon is on Saturday, August 30, 2008 at 19:58 Universal Time (i.e., 3:58 pm EDT, and 12:58 pm PDT ). This moon is impossible to be seen any where on earth on August 30. On August 31, the moon will be sightable in South America by naked eye, and possibly in South Africa and in Central America if wheather conditions are perfect. It would be very difficult to see in North America on August 31, but it will be visible on Sep 1, Insha-Allah. Therefore, first day of Ramadan (fasting) in North America according to sighting, is expected to be September 2, Insha-Allah. However, according to Saudi Ummul-Qura calendar, Fiqh Council of North America, and European Council for Fatwa and Research, the first day of Ramadan is on Monday, September 1, 2008.

In UK, the moon may still not be visible on September 1. However, according to a new Fatawa from Deoband, India, the first day of Ramadan in UK will be September 2, because the moon should be easily seen by naked eye from Australia to Morocco. In Pakistan also, sighting will be easy on September 1, and first day of Ramadan will also be September 2.

Sighting Reports
August 30, 2008 (Saturday):
No sighting reports are expected on August 30. However, Nigeria has claimed to see the moon on Saturday.

Maulana Sultan Alam (MCW member) from Karachi Pakistan reported: Not Seen
In Karachi, it was partially cloudy, but on my request my friends tried to sight the moon at 19 places in all over Pakistan but moon could not be sighted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 31, 2008 (Sunday):

Posted on 31 August @ 20:51, 2008 -
Alhamdulillah, we have received the news of the sighting of the moon from the Imam of Darwin Mosque. Therefore, the first day of Ramadan is the Monday, the 1st of September. "

Benjamin Nitschke & Rina Yoshizawa reported that Australia's National Imams Council (ANIC) has announced the Hilal has been Seen
It was sighted in Perth & Darwin.

Engr Manzoor A Mian from Melbourne Australia reported: Seen
The moon was not sighted in Melbourne today 31st Aug 2008 Sunday evening due to cloudy weather. Sky was clear Just before sighting then cloud appear and disappear during sighting time. However it was sighted in Darwin (Capital City Northern Territory of Australia) according to some evidence. Here are views of Ayn Academy.

“The crescent was not sighted in any other location, but there was a report of a sighting in Darwin. Australian ‘Ulama have decided to accept a sighting report from Darwin. ‘Ayn Academy along with Al-Ghazzali Centre disagrees with this sighting report on the basis of opposing scientific and jurisprudential facts. However, according to a majority of Australian 'Ulama', 1st of Ramadhan commences on Monday 1st of September 2008. …Ayn Academy Adelaid”

Dr. Shabbir Ahmed (MCW member) Imam of Rooty Hill Mosque Sydney Australia reported: Seen
The Hilaal has not been sighted in all of the major states of Australia except Darwin by the evidence of Br. Abshar Mohammad and Br. Kamaluddeen. From the astronomical point of view, there was an extremely slim possibility for the moon to be sighted in all states, including Darwin, but as the coordinator of the Moonsighting Committee of Australia, I have spoken to Br. Abshar and Br. Kamal concerning their confirmation in the sighting of the moon and they both admitted to obtain the responsibility of being the evidence of this sighting. Also, I was informed by other resources that these brothers are of full authenticity. I thereafter discussed this concern with the following Scholars:

Mufti Obaidullah -Melbourne
Mufti Muneeb - Melbourne
Sheikh Gulam Ali - Melbourne
Mufti Naeem Ali -Sydney
Mufti Amjad Iqbal -Sydney
Sheikh Shamim -Sydney
Sheikh Adam -Darwin
Sheikh Ridwan -Sydney
Sheikh Ozair - QLD
Sheikh Imran - Gold Coast
All these scholars agreed upon accepting this sighting of the moon. Therefore, I declared that the first day of the month of Ramadaan would be on the 1st of September, 2008.
Mr. Ahmad I. Adjie (MCW member) from Bandung Indonesia reported: Seen
Alhamdulillah our team led by MCW member Ahmad I.Adjie from Bandung has seen the hilal today after maghrib, sunday 31st August 2008 at SRAU beach, East Java near Pacitan city. Therefore for those who follow moonsighting at Maghrib way in Indonesia, the 1st of Ramadhan will be on Monday, 1st September.

Engr. Azizul Huq (MCW member) from Dhaka Bangladesh reported: Not Seen
Clear skies-Not Seen with Naked Eye and Binoculars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 1, 2008 (Monday):

Moon sighting has always been a controversial issue among Muslim countries, and even scholars seem at odds over the issue.

While one group of scholars sees that Muslims in other regions and countries are to follow the same moon sighting as long as these countries share one part of the night, another states that Muslims everywhere should abide by the lunar calendar of Saudi Arabia.

A third, however, disputes both views, arguing that the authority in charge of ascertaining the sighting of the moon in a given country announces the sighting of the new moon, then Muslims in the country should all abide by this.

OFFICIAL 1st Day of Ramadan in Different Countries
August 31, 2008 (Sunday):

Libya (Based on Calculations - Conjuction before dawn)
Nigeria (Northern) Based on Sighting Claim

September 1, 2008 (Monday) - Based on calculations:

Australia (also based on actual sighting in Perth and Darwin)
Austria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Belgium
Bosnia
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Czech Republic
Djibuti
Egypt
France
Germany
Indonesia - Muhammadiyah, second largest Muslim group
Iraq (Sunnis)
Kazakhstan
Kirghizstan
Kosovo
Kuwait
Lebanon
Macedonia
Maldives
Mexico
Montenegro
Netherlands
Nigeria (Souther)
Palestine
Philippines
Qatar
Romania
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Sudan
Syria
Singapore
Slovenia
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
USA
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Expected Announcement for September 2, 2008 (Tuesday):

Algeria
Bangladesh
Brunei Darussalam (non-sighting on August 31)
India
Indonesia - Nahdlatul Ulama, the country's largest Muslim group
Kenya
Mauritius
Morocco
Pakistan
Tunisia

quoted from http://www.moonsighting.com/1429rmd.html
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by mukina2: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
Ramadan Kareem to everyone . .May the blessings of this Holy month be with us all . Ameen smiley
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Dapo4u(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2008
@ Ex Inferis, You are absolutely right. Technically moon cannot be sighted first in Nigeria based on her geographical location because if Saudi Arabia with 2 hours ahead of Nigeria and paraphernalia of its telescopic apparatus did not sight the moon yesterday ,it MIGHT have not have been feasible in Nigeria. Be that as it may, the prophet Allah (s.a.w) strongly advise us to respect the people in the position of authority ,not fasting today in Nigeria as a Muslim, you may be disobeying the people we put in a position of authority. But verily they shall be held accountable in the hereafter, Allah knows best. We are starting here tomorrow Insah Allah and may Allah accept it from us as an act of Ibadah. Ramadan Kareem!!
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by kikkie(f): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2008
ramadam kareem
am not a muslim though, but my boyfrnd is so am using dis medium to wish him and other muslim bros and sisters out there a successful fastin and i pray dat all ur prayers are given answers.once again ramadam kareem.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by luv2talk(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2008
Ramadan-l-Kareem
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by cola: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2008
ramadan kareem!
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by BOMANY: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2008
ALLAHU AKRAM

May God accept our Fast and prayers, Accept good deeds from all of us, Give us Mercy and peace, Help all of us and guide us to the Right Way, Help all of us to be as He likes and Help us to draw nearer and nearer to Him, Allahuma Ameen

By the way, as all of you know, we are supposed to answer any one says "Ramadan Kareem" by saying "Allahu Akram". "Ramadan Kareem" means Ramadan is generous so we are supposed to answer "Allahu Akram", which means God is Most Generous. It is just a way to remember How endless are God's Blessings. May Allah Bless all of You

Abu Huraira, May Allah be pleased with him, reported: 'I heard Allah's Apostle, May the Blessings of Allah and Peace Be Upon him, saying regarding Ramadan, "Whoever prays at night in the month of Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping for a reward from Allah, all their previous sins will be forgiven."  (Bukhari)
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 01, 2008
@mustay
checking ur lists its quite amazing Nigeria appears twice(northern and southern).na wa for us o.
its sad dat even things dont work in nijja even in religious circles.may Allah save us.
but check
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/idltemp/current_moon.php and http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/moon_phases.php
to see what d moon looks like today and u would know its hardly ( or impossible) to av seen d moon any where on earth. at least d libyans were more candid to av declared theirs is based on calculations.and dats what the northern segment (note am not tribalistic) of the muslims also do but never own up to doing it.the southern muslims(league of alfas and imams)dont base theirs on sighting but also on calculations.so its wrong for them to accuse those alfas of not sighting cos they dont as well.
well Ramadan this year will be (expectedly) 30 days so the northerners fast is expected to end 28th sep(as they usually fast for 29 days-am over 25 years and av not witnessed one done for 30 days by them).meanwhile the rest of the world fast would end(most likely) on 30th sep.so lets see how they fix things up this time around with a 42 hour difference.
ALL IN ALL RAMADAN KAREEM TO THE MUSLIMS WORLDWIDE.may Allah grant our prayers.(AAAAAAmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin)
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by mafolayomi(f): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2008
Ramada Kareem to all muslims
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by MrCrackles(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2008
Ramadan Kareem! smiley
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by modupe2: 9:18am On Sep 01, 2008
Aliamudulilahi we are able to witness another great month (RAMADAN KAREEM). May Almighty Allah take all our efforts as act of Ibadah. Congrats my dear Brothers and Sisters in Islam!
Ma Salam !
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by oloksman1(m): 9:22am On Sep 01, 2008
Ramadan Kareem, Ramadan Mubarak to us all,
Peace be unto us all,
ramadan is a period to demonstrate muslim unity all over the world not all over Lagos or Ibadan muslim community
or otherwise,
Lets be United and have a voice,
This is a month for acceptance of prayers so lets pray for our nation, leaders, our community, family and muslims all over plus the dead muslims, may Allah be please with all our Ibadah.
This is a bonanza season for Muslims, lets take advantage,
This is a month to get cheap Aljannat's Ticket lets rush it, it plenty enough to GO AROUND.
For Us"JOB SEEKERS" may Allah provide a Job with BARAKAH
Ramadan Kareem
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by olekus(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2008
Salamuailekum!

Ramadan Kareem to all my muslim brothers and sisters. may Almighty Allah grant us all the benefits of the holy month.

Please can some one post the "Kiyamaleilli (mid-night nafila)" ?

maa salam!
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Biliamin(m): 10:06am On Sep 01, 2008
Wa Alaykum Salam.

I thank Allah for sparing our lives to withness this glorious month again this season.

May He accept all our efforts as an act of IBAADAH.

Amen

RAMADHAN KAREEM
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Riskie(f): 10:28am On Sep 01, 2008

Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by adfabb(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2008
ramadhan kareem, brothers and sisters all over the world, i want to use these opportunity to invites all mankind to come and embrace islam as the gate of paradise are open and hell close during this month.
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Scopium: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2008
[size=13pt]And if for some sort of freak of nature the moon refuses to rise, there'll be no ramadan. undecided undecided[/size]
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by Bigbiola: 11:52am On Sep 01, 2008
Wishing all Muslims Brothers & Sisters a Happy Ramadan Fastings,
Re: Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim by slyk2(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2008
our muslim brothers, plenty LOVE!

Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting / He Is Married And Has Wet Dreams; Should He Entertain Any Fear? / Girls Face Jail For Mixing Islamic Prayer With Dancing To Pop Song

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60