Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,124 members, 7,860,053 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:08 AM

Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant (6029 Views)

Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Did Sarah Palin Pass Off Her Teenage Daughter's Child As Hers? / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Sep 02, 2008
EmekaNaija:

@Kobojunkie

You can notify me, so i write to you, in your primary language, instead of English. I expect you understand the context of the discussion on this thread:
1) Palins' daughter get belle.
2) Sarah Palin supports only Abstinence education in schools

If she supports Abstinence education in schools, does her daughter getting pregnant mean abstinence 100% does not work and should not be preached? If a mother preaches against kids abusing drugs in schools and her own child becomes a drug addict, does that then mean preaching against drug abuse is wrong? Please think before you answer. I beg you.

EmekaNaija:

3) James Dobson issued a statement in support of the Palins as living out pro-life values.

Is anything wrong with him supporting her pro-life stance even in this? What exactly is wrong with him standing by Palin not demanding that her daughter abort the baby? I need an answer here as well.

EmekaNaija:

4) Sarah Palin made the announcement of (Bristol's),the daughter's 5 month pregnancy in order to debunk allegation that Bristol is the mother of her (Sarah Palin's) youngest child

Ok. Normally, mothers who find themselves in this sort of situation do not announce it to the public as they keep it private but in this case, the woman had to, so it does not get in the way of her running for VP. What is wrong with her coming out to tell you her truth?

EmekaNaija:

5) Bristol is 5 months pregnant, which doesn't rule out her previous baby in April 08.
5) Bristol is just 17 years old and still in high school, so the decision to get married is purely political

Hmmm…. It does not rule out her previous baby in April? Do you have proof of this or are you willing to accept this may all have been cooked up in some deluded mind? Hhmm… The age of consent in Alaska is 16. A large percentage of the population out there, in Alaska, marry by the age of 16. Are you then saying that because she is 17 she could not have made the decision on her own like so many other gals out there today do to marry their baby daddy? Are you in essence saying that all woman, in America who marry while in high school or right after high school, do so for political reasons?

EmekaNaija:

6) Dobson and his group prayed for rain to disturb Obama's speech, yet in reply, Hurricane Gustav changes the RNC schedule

Do you have proof of this or are you just here to make up any silly story for attention? At this point, I begin to question if you have anything substantial or logical to offer here.

EmekaNaija:

7) Dobson, or any evangelical, is not in a position to determine what is right or wrong
cool When Spear's sister got pregnant and decided to marry her boo, the same Republicans criticized and condemned her

Do you have proof of this? Spears sister got pregnant and decided to marry her boo and THE REPUBLICANS, a POLITICAL party said NO?

EmekaNaija:

So, when you come to this blog, i expect you have a fair knowledge of the topic being discussed. If you need facts, you can find it out yourself. It is readily out there. Just Google it, ok?

OH Lord have mercy!!! Please and please, if you have nothing serious to offer, do you mind just SKIP my posts completely? I hate debating people who are too bitter to bother to post sensible and factual data.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 1:54am On Sep 02, 2008
@Kobojunkie

No one says she should abort the baby. I said earlier that abortion is morally wrong in some circumstance. Please read Dobson's statement to understand the hypocrisy. Sarah Palin preaching abstinence is also great, but doing that in exclusion of other common sense approach such as use of contraceptives and pregnancy prevention is only fool hardy and common place with the religious right's approach to issues including gun rights. For instance, Gun rights(2nd Amendment) does not mean that criminals and the psychologically unstable should be afforded the rights to own arms.

You are just like every other republican here, defending the indefensible. Its better you ignore my posts too since all you ask if proof of this, and proof of that. Every single thing i said is public knowledge, and you can verify its authenticity or otherwise by doing a simple GOOGLE search. What kind of proof or evidence do you seek, Mr Magistrate.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Sep 02, 2008
EmekaNaija:

@Kobojunkie

You are just like every other republican here, defending the indefensible. Its better you ignore my posts too since all you ask if proof of this, and proof of that. Every single thing i said is public knowledge, and you can verify its authenticity or otherwise by doing a simple GOOGLE search. What kind of proof or evidence do you seek, Mr Magistrate.

I expected this. SO my telling you that your claims are baseless since you have no back up for any of the claims you make, makes me a republican? ROFLMAO!!! CLASSIC MOVE!!!
I am sorry but not all persons here are stupid enough to swallow up your posts JUST CAUSE. I suggest you learn to at least try to make sure to separate fact from fiction in your posts so that when asked, you do not have to rush to LABEL the person of the opposite party for asking you to LOGICALLY explain yourself.

I happen to be a Christian myself and I have experienced teenage pregnancy. For someone to come in to say that because a sister or a brother of mine got pregnant or had a kid means my mother is a hypocrite, or that morals she taught all her kids are meaningless, is just stupid talk and such persons need to be told to shut up. I am sorry, but you need to think more often before you post. I asked you questions but you are yet to answer a single one logically. Posting random ignorant thoughts does not answers to questions make.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 2:42am On Sep 02, 2008
@Kobojunkie

I'm still amazed by your lack of proper reasoning. It is either hypocrisy or outright foolishness to be preaching abstinence-until-marriage only, for a country of 300 million, when you couldnt even realize it in your own household. Common sense shows that we correct our plans when they seem not to be working, but to be stuck on an age-old worldview simply out of ideology is a plan for disaster. Abstinence is good, but it must be followed up by more practical measures and solutions. I am a christian and understand that abstinence is the best way to avoid unwanted pregnancy, but there is no place where my christian values prohibits contraceptives - which these religious bigots would have us believe.
Meanwhile, Dobson is the chief hypocrite in this matter. My focus isnt really of Palin but on the religious right, who are already spinning this moral failure.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Sep 02, 2008
EmekaNaija:

@Kobojunkie

I'm still amazed by your lack of proper reasoning. It is either hypocrisy or outright foolishness to be preaching abstinence-until-marriage only, for a country of 300 million, when you couldnt even realize it in your own household.
Again THINK. So in essence you are saying it is hypocrisy or outright foolishness to preach NO-DRUGS to kids, for a country of 300 million, when you have A CHILD or more who are considered DRUG ADDICTS? Does this make sense to you? Is this how Common sense works in your world?

EmekaNaija:

Common sense shows that we correct our plans when they seem not to be working, but to be stuck on an age-old worldview simply out of ideology is a plan for disaster. Abstinence is good, but it must be followed up by more practical measures and solutions.

So in your world, if a mother has a child on drugs, common sense shows that she should stop preaching NO DRUGS to her kids? So continuing to tell her kids that NO DRUGS is the best way to go even after they get caught in drugs is Not a Practical measure and solution? Again, is this how common sense works in your world?

Is society itself being hypocritical when it preaches Condom use as means to fight AIDS, but also works to provide AIDS victims with as much care and drugs as it can to help them in their struggle?

EmekaNaija:

I am a christian and understand that abstinence is the best way to avoid unwanted pregnancy, but there is no place where my christian values prohibits contraceptives - which these religious bigots would have us believe.

So she is a religious bigot because she does not want contraceptives. But you are a better Christian for wanting contraceptives? Do you realize how insane that argument remains, no matter how many times it has been used as excuse to insult the other side?

So, all parents whose kids get pregnant, even after them teaching them to use contraceptives are HOLIER than parents who do not teach their kids to use contraceptives but find their kids pregnant? WOW!!! Your god must be proud of you.

EmekaNaija:

Meanwhile, Dobson is the chief hypocrite in this matter. My focus isnt really of Palin but on the religious right, who are already spinning this moral failure.

Again, posting conjecture does not facts make. Being bitter about the religious right does not really make your points here. Fact is you are still making no sense at all in this. If you really want to argue this, I suggest you THINK this through before you try again.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 3:28am On Sep 02, 2008
If one of Obama's daughters were pregnant and unmarried, this would be issue Numero Uno. I must admit Obama is playing it smart by staying out of this, though.

Palin opposes sex education for teens. Perhaps if her doofus daughter knew what condoms are and what sex was about, or if she wasn't made to feel guilty about it, she wouldn't have gotten knocked up at such a tender age. Rates of teenage pregnancy has always been higher among right-wing, "Bible thumping" parts of this country (the irony). It's a serious problem for those who don't have lots of money and power. How ludicrous to praise this woman for her daughter's misfortune when there never was any chance that her bastard grandchild would go hungry or lack medical care.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 3:34am On Sep 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

If one of Obama's daughters were pregnant and unmarried, this would be issue Numero Uno. I must admit Obama is playing it smart by staying out of this, though.

Palin opposes sex education for teens. Perhaps if her doofus daughter knew what condoms are and what sex was about, or if she wasn't made to feel guilty about it, she wouldn't have gotten knocked up at such a tender age. Rates of teenage pregnancy has always been higher among right-wing, "Bible thumping" parts of this country (the irony). It's a serious problem for those who don't have lots of money and power. How ludicrous to praise this woman for her daughter's misfortune when there never was any chance that her bastard grandchild would go hungry or lack medical care.

I pray they don't coerce the poor girl into marrying her "impregnator" just because she's been put in a family way.
That's not the solution.
She made a mistake
we are all 'entitled ' to at least one major mistake or error in judgement
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 3:41am On Sep 02, 2008
i doubt she has a choice other than marrying the sperm donor.  it's hard to be a proponent of family values and abstinence if it's lacking in your own household.  kind of hilarious like dic=k cheney and alan keyes having gay daughters.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 3:44am On Sep 02, 2008
bawomolo:

i doubt she has a choice other than marrying the sperm donor. it's hard to be a proponent of family values and abstinence if it's lacking in your own household. kind of hilarious like[b] privates cheney [/b] and alan keyes having gay daughters.

privates cheney?
ROFL
this filter is so stupid sometimes changing D^ick cheney to privates Cheney
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 3:45am On Sep 02, 2008
lol that sure is a stupid filter, i guess andy dic-k is offensive to.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by KarmaMod(f): 4:20am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

I pray they don't coerce the poor girl into marrying her "impregnator" just because she's been put in a family way.
That's not the solution.

]"Bristol and the young man she will marry are going to realise very quickly the difficulties of raising a child, which is why they will have the love and support of our entire family," the statement added.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by EmekaNaija(m): 4:33am On Sep 02, 2008
@Kobojunkie

KarmaMod should be able to explain better to you right wing fanatics. So in your world, you preach NO DRUGS But when your own child does Drugs, you turn around to spin it. You preach No Crime, but a criminal gets punished. My only take in this matter is condemning abortion while not condemning fornication. In my own world, both fornication and abortion are morally wrong, but not to Dobson and Palin who would make us believe that getting married covers up their moral failures.

You need to stop isolating statements and making ridiculous replies. Take each statement in the context of discussion.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by beebop(f): 5:09am On Sep 02, 2008
can we get the word fornicate banned from the lexicon. I've only heard judgmental nigerians use that word and it's so annoying

and while we're at it, please stop equating drugs and sex. It's not the same thing. I would like to think that if I had children, I wouldn't actively prevent them from having sex, just making sure they know the pros and cons and that they know to be safe and to respect potential partners and themselves. So that they don't feel like they have to go hide and do all this corner-corner.

go and research teen pregnancy rates in socially liberal countries with high levels of education. they are even begging people to have children there.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Ynot(m): 5:47am On Sep 02, 2008
The GOP - gift that keep on giving. So much for "family values"!!! Can you imagine the outcry from the preachers and Limbaughs of this world if this happened to a Democrat!

No matter how you want to spin this, Palin is a poor choice for this ticket and a bad judgment on the part of McCain. He made this election about having experience and using good judgment but as we're beginning to find out he didn't vet this woman. He only met her once at some conference, spoke to her twice on the phone and now thinks she can be the VP and potentially the president of this country?

Here is my concern. I worry about a VP who doesn't know what her own children are doing. Was this teen given an education and means of preventing this apparently unplanned pregnancy? Was she comfortable about discussing the fact that she was sexually active with her mother so that this wouldn't happen? Yes, it can happen in any family but having your mother running as a potential VP doesn't. She apparently neglected her family while she pursued her political interest. Period. If you can't uphold and teach morals by example (especially by example) to your kids, how can you be a moral leader of the country?

Now, she has a pregnant daughter AND a challenged child to be concerned with. It's an awfully big bite to chew when you throw in running a country. She needs to be at home with that little boy, and now her 17 year old is pregnant. I believe she and her husband made a BIG mistake in accepting the VP nomination and she needs to rescind the invite.

The Dems has more - wait until you hear the role she played on firing her former brother in-law.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by McKren(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2008
Kobo

Republicans make too much noise about God, evangelism and family values. When they make all that noise they throw reality of the world we live in to the wind.

Please what does it say about Sarah Palin's family values if under her watch her 17yr old gets pregnant, what does it say about her family values if knowing that she has a 5 month old baby with down syndrome and a 17yr old pregnant teenager she goes ahead to accept nomination for VP?

Don't you think this woman need to pay more attention to her family

It smacks of hypocrisy when you go about proclaiming that you are a social conservative and lecturing the rest of the country how they should lead their lives when you have not been able to keep your own house intact.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Eziachi: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2008
This news made my day yesterday because I could help myself. I use to think that all reoublicans especially the Neo Cons are all born from immaculate conception.
So republican really do have sex like everyone else? Never mind a child of 17 with a mother preaching about family value.

I can't believe their hypocrisy already, reading from many of their blogs, the excuse is that Madam Palin is doing the right thing keeping the baby and not aborting it, so it's alright to rob a shop as long as you keep the loot but becomes a sin when trying to sell it?

If that girl comes from a run down estate in New York, all you will be hearing from them is how much it is costing the state and why the girl should have a boyfriend in the first place? why is she not in school? But now their new language is love and support. Hyprocrites!!!!

Can you imagine if the girl is Obama or Biden's daughter? All the talk will be now about sex abstinence. It goes to show human beings for what they are, even the so called pro life, they could have committed abortion more than anyone else if scrutinised well. Dick Cheney use to go on and on about homosexuality then it came out that his daughter is a lesbian and he stopped talking. A right wing senator few months ago was caught looking for gay sex in a public toilet and was arrested.

Where is the so called family value? They are the one always running election on morality ground all the time but inwardly they are even worse than average person when you think of it.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Eziachi: 11:14am On Sep 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I have a question for you two here. What exactly is the hypocrisy here? Why do you think evangelicals are going to see her as a hypocrite? I really do not understand how two adults can arrive at the conclusion that this announcement meaning Palin is a hypocrite or the republican party as a whole are being hypocritical in this. What are my missing here?

The hypocrisy here is your silly questions, pretending not to know that republicans always fight every election on morality. When told that reality of todays world is that kids have sex and sex results in pregnacy and most of them seek abortion because they are children themselves or sometimes victims of rape but the Neo cons will say no and take the moral high ground because they live in fools paradise and then pretend that they don't knew anything about sex.

Mrs Palins first speech borders on family value, so what then is this family value when your child daughter is not different from those you accuse of not having values? That is the point Emeka was trying to make. No one is throwing a stone but the fact that the victim of this pregnacy preach and based their mandate on morality, self righteouness and abstinence from sex till marriage and then you find out that her daughter of just 17 is not practicing what she is preaching to others and they kept it quite until they realised that the press was about to break the news and then went public.

That was the reason the pregnant girls was using her little sister to cover her bump when they were playing happy families before the camera the day Mrs Palin was unveiled to the world. Being a runner up Miss Alaska, I think we've never heard the last of this holy right wing lady. Mark my word!! This things don't happen by chance, kids are always like their parent most of the time.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by MrCrackles(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2008
Queenisha:

That's not the solution.
She made a mistake
we are all 'entitled ' to at least one major mistake or error in judgement

but word is that she intends to marry the dude that put dat baby in her womb?

Anyway, republicans can deal with the issue

democrats shouldnt be de-railed by this, itz all the way to the white house, no complacence! smiley
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by HRhotness(f): 11:17am On Sep 02, 2008
Brash!:

but word is that she intends to marry the dude?!

she has to na. . . damage control!

afterall the republican party is supposedly family orientated
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by MrCrackles(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2008
HR.hotness:

she has to na. . . damage control!

afterall the republican party is supposedly family orientated

i dont even see the reason why the whole story is causing a furore!

na today youngies don dey get belle ni?! cheesy
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Eziachi: 11:25am On Sep 02, 2008
beebop:

can we get the word fornicate banned from the lexicon. I've only heard judgmental nigerians use that word and it's so annoying

and while we're at it, please stop equating drugs and sex. It's not the same thing. I would like to think that if I had children, I wouldn't actively prevent them from having sex, just making sure they know the pros and cons and that they know to be safe and to respect potential partners and themselves. So that they don't feel like they have to go hide and do all this corner-corner.

go and research teen pregnancy rates in socially liberal countries with high levels of education. they are even begging people to have children there.

I think people like you don't understand the argument. The point is that the people involved in this issue preached to everybody about morality but here they are in it like most people. I will not like my daughter to have a baby at 17 when she should be planning her future but this things happens but the likes of Madam Palin and ther Neo Cons preach every day about value and now they are saying having sex at 17 is excusable as long as she get married at 17. But the same people went mad when Britney Spears sister was pregnant too at the same age. They labelled Spears mother a witch and bad mother (check out FOX NEWS)

No one is equating sex or drug according to you, but among the so called Christians, I can't see God grouping sins into categories, they are all sins, unless you can show my where Jesus says that you can pick pocket but don't rob with gun?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
Eziachi:

The hypocrisy here is your silly questions, pretending not to know that republicans always fight every election on morality. When told that reality of todays world is that kids have sex and sex results in pregnacy and most of them seek abortion because they are children themselves or sometimes victims of rape but the Neo cons will say no and take the moral high ground because they live in fools paradise and then pretend that they don't knew anything about sex.
Let me get this straight. You label me a republican yet again because I say there is nothing hypocritical here? And then you go ahead and tell me that fighting for morality somehow translates that you are mighty moral yourself? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Even ABRAHAM from the bible who was considered God’s own friend committed ADULTERY and somehow you think you make sense when you demand that for preaching for morality, Republicans should be SUPER MORAL? ROFLMAO!!! What next? Pastors should be DAMNED To hell FOR PREACHING Morality when one of their kids errs… COME ON!!! Check the meaning of the word HYPOCRITE for crying out loud.

Eziachi:

Mrs Palins first speech borders on family value, so what then is this family value when your child daughter is not different from those you accuse of not having values? That is the point Emeka was trying to make. No one is throwing a stone but the fact that the victim of this pregnacy preach and based their mandate on morality, self righteouness and abstinence from sex till marriage and then you find out that her daughter of just 17 is not practicing what she is preaching to others and they kept it quite until they realised that the press was about to break the news and then went public.

So again, I keep asking this but you skip it as the Emeka dude did as well. Is it hypocrital and self-righteous to preach against drug use when your own child is a known druggie and you are helping him to overcome his problem the best you can? Answer this one question and you might get a step further in understanding how ridiculous the above statements really are.

Eziachi:

That was the reason the pregnant girls was using her little sister to cover her bump when they were playing happy families before the camera the day Mrs Palin was unveiled to the world. Being a runner up Miss Alaska, I think we've never heard the last of this holy right wing lady. Mark my word!! This things don't happen by chance, kids are always like their parent most of the time.
Of course she is a gal and would do that, whether she was palin’s child or not. So because she is Palin’s, she should be MISS PERFECT and no longer seen as a teenager anymore? She is a teenager. That is what teenagers do. They live their lives. They struggle to find themselves and make mistakes along the way. Even David FROM THE BIBLE, with all his psalms and prayers could not guarantee his own children would be saints. Heck, neither could SAMUEL in the BIBLE or any of the other HOLY men in the Bible and you expect that from PALIN?
I am actually making this argument as a Christian who has seen a lot of pregnant teenagers. 99% of whom were never told by their parents to go get pregnant. They made the decision to have sex and it resulted in a pregnancy. Many of them already knew of and had used birth control in the past but somehow still get pregnant even after that. Are you then telling me that the reason this gal is pregnant today is because her mother preaches abstinence and pro-life? If your own daughter or son where to come up to you today to tell you that you are going to be a grandparent, are you going to say that throws all the lessons you taught him or her out the window? Let us think like reasonable human beings and stop making these ridiculous conclusions born of hate for those on the other side.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
McKren:

Kobo

Republicans make too much noise about God, evangelism and family values. When they make all that noise they throw reality of the world we live in to the wind.
Here is the problem I have with the above statement, I am not a republic but I have had a couple of friends who happen to be atheists condemn Christians as a whole with such above. Just cause you preach something does not mean you are 100% free of temptation. I preach securing your money does not mean I have never lost a dime to 419ers or the likes. And does not mean I will never loose money at some point. There is a big difference. To assume that preaching it means these people are 100% is unrealistic of anyone.

McKren:

Please what does it say about Sarah Palin's family values if under her watch her 17yr old gets pregnant, what does it say about her family values if knowing that she has a 5 month old baby with down syndrome and a 17yr old pregnant teenager she goes ahead to accept nomination for VP?
I am not sure if you have kids cause I don’t understand how a person with kids could post the above question.

McKren:

Don't you think this woman need to pay more attention to her family
So, in essence, all the 24/7 house wives whose children get pregnant at some point or get involved in bad situations where not paying the most attention to their families?

McKren:

It smacks of hypocrisy when you go about proclaiming that you are a social conservative and lecturing the rest of the country how they should lead their lives when you have not been able to keep your own house intact.
Interesting… so in essence it smacks of hypocrisy when you go about proclaiming that you are anti-drug and lecturing the rest of the country on how they should lead their lives without drugs when you have not been able to keep your own child from becoming a drug addict?
Is the above what you are saying then? Mother’s who have children who are on drugs should not lecture other mothers on keeping their children away from drugs?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by crisp: 1:03pm On Sep 02, 2008
Brash!:

but word is that she intends to marry the dude that put that baby in her womb?

Anyway, republicans can deal with the issue

democrats shouldnt be de-railed by this, itz all the way to the white house, no complacence! smiley
Married they would soon be. Marriage under political duress. You wan know who the husband be grin? Wonders shall never end!

Sarah Palin Exposed
Levi Johnston - Palin’s Future Son-in-Law
with 5 comments

It’s out. The name of the guy who impregnated the governor’s daughter is Levi Johnston.

In his blog he introduces himself as a 17-year-old guy who likes to play hockey. Although he hasn’t updated his blog since last December, newspapers are reporting he’s still 17 and is entering his senior year at Wasilla High School.

And apparently, he’s a jock in every sense of the word. In his December 17, 2007 blog entry he writes:

“god, I fucking hate math.  Why do they make this shit so complicated.  sorry for cussing but this is stupid.  Why on earth would I ever need to know x and y and all that.  I’m going to be a hockey player.  I don’t need the quadratic equation tyvm.  Bristol knows math though, thank good.  She helps me with it.  Hopefully I can just pass this class and get on with it.”

So Bristol was helping him out with his Math. That’s hilarious. And he took full advantage of her. Johnston also stresses that he won’t need to study for a real job because he’s going to become a professional hockey player. Wow, I guess that won’t happen anymore. What kind of job is this guy going to get though?

According to his blog, his greatest achievement seems to be that he made Varsity Ice Hockey at Wasilla High School. So this guy wants to marry Bristol? How is he going to provide for his family? Oh yeah, I see, his parents-in-law are going to help him find a government job.

Johnston says he met Bristol in August, 2007 and had a big crush on her right away. His August 27 blog entry has the title “Met Someone” and reads:

“Her name is Bristol.  and she is HOT.  I’ve been with girls before, but I think this is the one.  what do you think?”

Since his rise to fame, Johnston’s blog has become quite popular. Here’s one of the latest replies on his blog, possibly from one of his friends:

“DoooD, Your huge popular now, you tagged the right G.O.P. betty to buy your way into the NHL and more …… Be Proud Of Your Sperm !! ( do some talk shows and make a cool million )”

Johnston also has a MySpace page, in addition to his own website. The New York Post published the following excerpts:

“I’m a f—in’ redneck” who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.

“But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in’ chillin’ I guess.”

“Ya f - - - with me I’ll kick [your] ass.”

Johnston also maintains he is “in a relationship” but adds “I don’t want kids.” Oops, I guess that’s not going to work out anymore. Who knows? Maybe he was pressured into agreeing to marriage. He could change his mind though.

Its amazing how politics take the upper hand even in family and private issues. Does the guy described above come across as 'husband'? NA HUSBAND BE DAT shocked?. Na wa o. The main problem i have with the whole thing is the Palin's speech on it. All of a sudden, what her daughter did was now the beautiful thing to do, with her painting the 'happilly ever after' scenario.

Then it still amazes me how the Republicans did such a shoddy job in their selection of a VP. Everyday, more and more negative publicity would  come their way with this woman they have chosen.

I fully agree with those who accuse her of hypocrisy or how else would you explain this:

You do everything politically possible to ensure your ex-brother-in-law's appointment is terminated without basis. This is a man with nine children, nine mouths to feed! You now come out to talk about strong family values and favorable family welfare. If this is not hypocrisy, then what is?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by bawomolo(m): 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2008
now that's a man ready to marry. you know say bristol go be one obedient wife. one word from her mouth and na hockey stick gbam for her head grin grin
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ crisp:

the guy is 17 for goodness sake.

Whats the big deal here.

When you were 17, you never kissed or made out with a girl?

You must be a perfect poster boy for the Republicans then.

A Democrat would simply have aborted both pregnancies and no one would be any wiser. Maybe thats what you people prefer.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2008
Stuff and nonsense . . . Sarah Palin shld explain the discrepancies with Trig's birth first.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Sisikill: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2008
Its amazing how politics take the upper hand even in family and private issues. Does the guy described above come across as 'husband'? NA HUSBAND BE DAT ?. Na wa o. The main problem i have with the whole thing is the Palin's speech on it. All of a sudden, what her daughter did was now the beautiful thing to do, with her painting the 'happilly ever after' scenario

I hope to GOD you are joking about this. The boy is 17 yrs old. . . come on! Can you honestly say you didn't write something when you were 17 that if we got our hands on now will make you look. . . unappealing? I know we're trying to tie things together, cut and paste to fit a preconceived scenario but can we do it without over-reaching?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Queenisha: 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
yes he's 17,is that the kind of husband you'll want for your daughter?@siskill
he's immature,he's 17
he impregnated her,yes,he should take care of his baby.
They don't have to get married,do they?
that'll be 2 wrongs
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by Kobojunkie: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
This is America where majority of people who you know today got married at the age of 16, 17. I don't know when getting married at 17 became wrong here. I am sorry but arguing that getting married at 17 in America is outrageous is ridiculous.

My first year in college here, more than half of the people in my class were married and I am talking 17, 18 year olds. Why is it suddenly unbelievable that a 17 year old would want to marry the woman he impregnated?
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by SeanT21(f): 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

This is America where majority of people who you know today got married at the age of 16, 17. I don't know when getting married at 17 became wrong here. I am sorry but arguing that getting married at 17 in America is outrageous is ridiculous.

My first year in college here, more than half of the people in my class were married and I am talking 17, 18 year olds. Why is it suddenly unbelievable that a 17 year old would want to marry the woman he impregnated?

Kobo, this has nothing to do with the boy, its all about the republicans and their beliefs.
Re: Palin's (McCain's Vice) Teenage Daughter Pregnant by tpia: 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ topic: geez make I hear word.

Even my young brother had some girl crushing on him when they were both 12 or 13.

Talkless 17.

And how most Nigerian youths even manage to escape getting each other pregnant at that age, is beyond me. With all these Hot teenagers and their "toasting" love letters.

The problem here isnt a political one. The real issue is if you are conservative, do you put your teenage daughter on contraceptives if you don't believe in abortion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Republicans Win Control Of The US Congress / Nigerian Nurse Says The Bible Forbids Women From Wearing Trousers / Donald Trump Beg Americans To Turn Back To God As He Takes The Lead [pohotos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.