Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:40 AM

What Does It Take To Get Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Take To Get Married (2405 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Get Married by dalaha: 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
What does it take to get married and at what age

Is it alright for a 24 year old guy to get married

how much money is needed angry undecided
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
dalaha:

If you are ready, go for it!
Just do it for the right reason(s)!
hope you're not under pressure
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by beauteous(f): 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2008
It takes ur pocket
your head and xperience
to build a family.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by ssRhino: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
It takes a lot of balllssssssssssss
A lot of love
A lot oc commitment
A lot sacrfices
Money, depends on how u want it to be, but as a man, u need money, cos once u married, u now have 2 families to "father christmased"
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by ikamefa(f): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
dalaha:

it takes a very big koboko grin age? its nothing but a number oh grin if you wish to get married by age 10 years sef carry go grin

dalaha:

yes its ok !

dalaha:

it depends on the person getting married , you could either have none(depend solely on your wifey) or strive to have a lot

any which way sha! you can still get married
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by Akinagirl(f): 6:01am On Sep 03, 2008
It takes commitment on both parts
Love and Understanding
Trust
Financial Stability
Sacrifice
Time and patience
You have to marry for the right reasons.
Age doesn't matter.
and many more i cannot think of at the moment,
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by coolier(f): 9:15am On Sep 03, 2008
Common sense.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by ssRhino: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2008
coolier:

Common sense.

Common sense aint common.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by MrCrackles(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2008
dalaha:

as long as u are ready, get married

with regards to money, as long as u have couple of cowries to your name, then i guess u can cut your clothes according to your size! grin
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by ssRhino: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2008
Brash!:

as long as u are ready, get married

with regards to money, as long as u have couple of cowries to your name, then i guess u can cut your clothe according to your size! grin

That is a very wrong adive, what happened, if you have a square yardage of cloth and the person's size is heavy D? u see, cutting coat according to size dont work anymore, rathre, cut ur coat according to ur material tongue
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by MrCrackles(m): 1:03pm On Sep 03, 2008
$$Rhino:

That is a very wrong adive, what happened, if you have a square yardage of cloth and the person's size is heavy D? u see, cutting coat according to size don't work anymore, rathre, cut your coat according to your material tongue

fair enough then! grin

if cutting it according to material e.g. up-nepa, satin, damask e.t.c. rocks ur boat, then float away! wink
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by ssRhino: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2008
Brash!:

fair enough then! grin

if cutting it according to material e.g. up-nepa, satin, damask e.t.c. rocks your boat, then float away! wink

lol to that
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by kolaoloye(m): 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2008
@topic,
Guts and God combined
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by maimota(f): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
on a serious note my wedding is coming up in April i am so confused i really want to know what i need to get married, my fiance is a local govt staff,he actually started work late last year,i don't even love him as such just doing it because of my age.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by kolaoloye(m): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2008
maimota:

on a serious note my wedding is coming up in April i am so confused i really want to know what i need to get married, my fiance is a local govt staff,he actually started work late last year,i don't even love him as such just doing it because of my age.
Wrong reason to get wedded.
There is somebody, somewhere that God has ordained for you. All you need do is to rely on Him.
TOTAL TRUST IN GOD. At the appointed time the right person would show up.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2008
kola oloye:

There is somebody, somewhere that God has ordained for you. All you need do is to rely on Him.
well said.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by maimota(f): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thanks alot for your advice, you guys will not understanding
i hardly go out, am always at work from monday 2 saturdays.
i just feel the best thing to do is to get married to the one i ve at my disposal.
a stick at hand save nine" Am trying to see if i can dev a feeling for him.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by cooldude62(m): 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2008
Hey poster,are you a guy or girl?
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by joshjosh(m): 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2008
maimota:

Thanks alot for your advice, you guys will not understanding
i hardly go out, am always at work from monday 2 saturdays.
i just feel the best thing to do is to get married to the one i ve at my disposal.
a stick at hand save nine" Am trying to see if i can dev a feeling for him.

SERIOSLY DO NOT MARRY YET.  wedding is one day - marraige is a life time. headaches dont come closer than a bad relationship. you have a better chance of stopping this folly now. [b]it is safer to catch up than clean up[/b]. bad relationships eat deep into your soul. [i]i can  see you are getting its ingredient ready. dont go near the kitchen yet please[/i].
listen to the advice below again and probably read it again and again. it will help you and others waiting to jump into relationships because of age, loneliness and other thouand and one wrong reasons people have for jumping into wrong relationships.  
TOTAL TRUST IN GOD. At the appointed time the right person would show up

of all mistakes you make i dont think any has power to hurt and cause you nightmares like a rushed bad ill conceived relationship

kola oloye:

Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by maimota(f): 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2008
thank so much i ll think about it. its just that am anxious
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by kolaoloye(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2008
maimota:

thank so much i ll think about it. its just that am anxious

Phil. 4: 6-7

6 Be anxious for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by carmelily: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2008

how much money is needed

You sound immature and definitely NOT ready for marriage. sorry, just being honest. what kind of mature person would ask how much a marriage will cost?
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by maimota(f): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2008
I pray always for God's wisdom, its just that i can't give any reason why i want to marry him,if not for age,he even seems to be more anxious than i am.
I deserts late marraige, as a lady,northan and a christian i don't think its ideal to mary late.
I think i will just mary him, and pray for God's guidiance.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by tpia: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2008
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by mafolayomi(f): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2008
my dear sis, it will really do you a whole lot of good to listen to dis piece of advise now than coming back here to tell Nairalanders another thing in in furure
This is a life contract you know.
As for me, i will be d last person to get married to somebody i do not love, a guy is seriously on my neck too now, but i cannot leave with him from morning till night, just dont no why, he is a good guy though.
And with just dis fact that i do not have feelings for him i can never get married to, to an extent that i told him that i do not have feelings for him he told yes he knows that with time i will love him, but which i know may never be possible lailai
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by binahmad(m): 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2009
maimota:

I pray always for God's wisdom, its just that i can't give any reason why i want to marry him,if not for age,he even seems to be more anxious than i am.
I deserts late marraige, as a lady,northan and a christian i don't think its ideal to mary late.
I think i will  just mary him, and pray for God's guidiance.

Pahhh!!!

You are too quick, I'd've married you
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by harkeju(m): 3:37am On Mar 03, 2009
It seems u can't think dis out urself, unh? Let me 'help'.
U see, don't mind them. Do u know u aint gettin' any younger, d older u become d harder it is 4 u 2 find a man. I even learnt dat a woman can reach menopause at an unbelievable age. So beware. undecided
so how are u preparing 2wards ur marriage? grin Don't 4get it's next month, so by now every thing must av been put in place. Happy married laif in advance grin But please be ready 2 face d consequences embarassed

For those who av ears (eyes dis tym), MARRIAGE IS NOT SOMETHIN U JUST JUMP INTO. IF D LUV IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH 4RM BOTH SIDES, I BET U, IT'S BETTER U REMAIN SINGLE.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by biina: 8:21am On Mar 03, 2009
Marriage is bliss. Ignorance is bliss. Ergo . . . . .
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by biina: 8:22am On Mar 03, 2009
Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by FBS: 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2009
It takes ballzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . .but as a guy you have only 2 and that may just not be enough.
You will need God's guidance and the following. . .
-Love
-Sacrifice
-Patience
-Understanding
-Maturity
. . .and the lists goes on and on. . .
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by sammyzacks(m): 12:49pm On Mar 12, 2009
all you need is maturity. physical, financial and psychological.
Re: What Does It Take To Get Married by tpia1: 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
others have said it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“I Bid You Farewell….” By Late Mrs.omodolapo Yetunde Olotu-jagha(1971-2013) / I'm Feeling Suicidal / How Do I File A Divorce Suit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.