Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video (4770 Views)

"Gongo Aso Is One Of The Best Albums Of Our Generation"-Toni Payne Backs Ex 9ice / 9ice Song 'FAAJI' Is Hot Like Gongo Aso, Nigerians Are Dancing To It / Gongo Aso Producer, I.d Cabasa Ordained As Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by lalaboi(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
As you all know, 9ice got married recently and big occasions requires big money! he ran out of cash and couldnt fund his gongo aso video! with puffy tee (producer) insisting on 1million per shoot! 9ice had 7mill and needed 2million! but time was running out! but dbanj stepped in to assist him! with 2million naira!

its just soooooooo good of my mahn! dbanj to help! although 9ice didnt ask of it!

and then he speaks out why he helped his colleague!

Why I bailed 9ice out with N2m - D'banj

8/23/2008 3:53:30 PM

D

D’Banj has finally opened up on why he bailed out 9ice with N2m to help the “Gongo Aso” rave complete his video shoots. MTV Base Award winner, D’Banj, said he gave the money to help a “cool headed friend” out of crisis, even as he still wants to help his colleagues out in the music industry.

Speaking with http://nigeriafilms.com at Planet 1, Maryland, while attending a fashion show, the “Mo Gbona Feli Feli” rave said he once needed help to shoot his first video, “Tongolo”, few years back, but none came his way until a friend from UK intervened.

“That was the turning point. 9ice is the current rave, N2m is not what should stop his video production.” “We are all one in this music industry, I’m just too happy to help a colleague out, that’s all,” he said.” Just few weeks back, 9ice had problems raising N2m to complete the nine shots for his video, but was only able to raise N7m.

Puffy T, the hottest video producer now, insisted on a million per shoot and wouldn’t handle the job unless 9ice came up with N9m. Eventually, words got to D’Banj on the plight of 9ice and he silently paid up the balance for him. 9ice was full of praises of D’Banj, confessing that he was surprised D’Banj, whom he never even approached, would do such.

“I did not go to anybody for assistance, so you can understand my reaction when Puffy T called that I should get ready to begin shooting as D’Banj had bailed me out.” Would you have stopped the video if D’Banj had not come in? http://nigeriafilms.com asked.” Of course not. What happened was that I had a wedding at hand then and wouldn’t want it to be stalled.

“I knew I would be able to raise the money after the wedding, but D’Banj has hastened my job for me. I’m excited and grateful”, he responded. As for D’Banj, “I’m no father-xmas though, but there’s no length I won’t go to help a colleague who really deserves it.” 9ice says the video will be out in few weeks.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/content.asp?contentid=3014&ContentTypeID=3
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by tosinadeda: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
9mil to shoot a video!
Lord av mercy!
Money dey entertainment o,even producer dey make millions!

as 4 d donation,i feel indifferent really
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by skingo(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
shooting a 9 milion dollar video entails that u will be making revenue from that video soonest? at least a 30% profit margin from that 9 million. wow. some guys are missnig the point.
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by demo47: 10:14pm On Sep 02, 2008
5 big shows will get him that money back. I just hope he is tracking his cost vs income,
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by kaypumpin2(m): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2008
y most any of this be for public consumption really
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by dready(f): 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
As i write now Gongo aso video is not been shot and the video will be shot by same guy who shot lil money and also it will take 5days or so to be shot and the money is 1.something million altogether, and dban been a great fan of gongo aso he wanted to take the responsibility of the shooting but 9ice will add some money to what dbanj offers , you can see, 9ice did not beg him, dbanj was only a fan and also the sales of the video cd album, afrobest are calling him for 6mil whil tjoe dey bargain for 10mil, like the poster said, if only gongo aso video is 9m, how much 9ice go come make for the sales of the album?
  Make investigation before you dey post anything
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by A40(m): 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2008
I thought Puffy-T made beats
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by naija4laif: 4:16am On Sep 03, 2008
A-40:

I thought Puffy-T made beats
i tink they meant dj tee, cos i heard dj tee shot the video for gongo aso while clearance peters shot for photocopy,street cred nd d rest, besides i thought the gongo aso vid had been shot a long time ago
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by lalaboi(m): 4:23am On Sep 03, 2008
dready:

As i write now Gongo aso video is not been shot and the video will be shot by same guy who shot little money and also it will take 5days or so to be shot and the money is 1.something million altogether, and dban been a great fan of gongo aso he wanted to take the responsibility of the shooting but 9ice will add some money to what dbanj offers , you can see, 9ice did not beg him, dbanj was only a fan and also the sales of the video cd album, afrobest are calling him for 6mil whil tjoe dey bargain for 10mil, like the poster said, if only gongo aso video is 9m, how much 9ice go come make for the sales of the album?
   Make investigation before you dey post anything

biko! why is der a link in the thread?

u obviosly dnt av a clue how these things go about! you're just using common sense! thinking your on way!  your not an artist so go and sit down tongue lol!!

u said gongo aso has not bn shot,  hw do u know? how do u want me to believe u?! tongue
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by A40(m): 4:35am On Sep 03, 2008
@naija4laif
I see i almost got that mixed up
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by dready(f): 9:09am On Sep 03, 2008
@ lalaboi, i fit give you 9ice number or cabassa, make you ask them, i called to confirm yesterday before i posted that, i nor come here come dey make mouth, na wetin he people tell me i post, you dey look for link abi ? i have come to understand that not all i read online are truth, i take everything with a pinch of salt.
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by woodboi(m): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2008
i dey feel you dready
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by kaypumpin2(m): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2008
even if he helps am still kinda wondering if all this shld be for public consumption, abi how?
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by lalaboi(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2008
alright! u might be saying the truth! tongue grin grin
u might as well gimmie cabasa number make i call am! lol

lets not divert from the thread!
the topic is dbanj helped 9ice! yeah we know  he didint ask of it!
and u av confirmed dat as well!

im ppl sef fit dey lie! ppl like keeping som sturvs secret!!  am not saying u r lieing!! its just a possibility that u wer told dat for a reason!

safe!!
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by lalaboi(m): 10:02pm On Sep 03, 2008
kay_pumpin:

even if he helps am still kind of wondering if all this shld be for public consumption, abi how?

it dont matter!

its a news!
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2008
very generous of him tongue
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by Moyola(f): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ topic

D'banj shuld b titled 'Animashaun' 4 hiz generouziri!!! tongue

abi wetin ah talk?
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by kaypumpin2(m): 10:12pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ Moyola

D'banj shuld b titled 'Animashaun' 4 hiz generouziri!!!  

abi wetin ah talk?

and maybe add that to his array of titles and names, dbanj,skibanj,mensah,capela and now he can say "wen i get to Akoka,the pple dem dey call me animashaun
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by Moyola(f): 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
Yes o!

hez also called koko master abi?

sheh u generouzz? undecided
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by LadyT(f): 10:18pm On Sep 03, 2008
Lets hope we can cleary see where the 9 million was spent when the video is released.  I did find it strange he did a video for Street Credibility and not one for Gongo so looking forward to seeing the video.

More grease to D'banjs sessy elbows.  grin
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2008
LadyT:

Lets hope we can cleary see where the 9 million was spent when the video is released. I did find it strange he did a video for Street Credibility and not one for Gongo so looking forward to seeing the video.

More grease to D'banjs sessy elbows. grin
abiii oooooo
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by sect(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2008
I dont want to believe this story but if it's really true. Must d'banj let the public know that he bailed 9ice out of his predicament?
Revelations like these should have atleast been made long after the video has hit the shelves and not now. As a matter of fact, i dont believe this story.
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by royalyinx(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2008
I go fir jump into production too oh , All that kain money . kai ,
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by cescky(m): 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
kay_pumpin:

even if he helps am still kind of wondering if all this shld be for public consumption, abi how?

abeg helep me ask them oo my broda, biko maka why?

abeg the story sounds cooked up grin and fishy or shld i say tasty too tongue
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by pureminded: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2009
This Music guys with diff kind of stunts sha grin cheesy
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by las240s(m): 12:52am On Jul 21, 2009
the story is extreemly fake and silly 9ice will never wait for D banjs money to to finish his video i wish i had a pix of 9ice house infact no be for mouth the house fine pass d banj own self bone that fake story i know 9ice personally he will never do that
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by biola44: 11:07am On Jul 21, 2009
Re: D'banj Helps 9ice With Gongo Aso Video by tlops(m): 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Flaunts His Fine Lady On Twitter (photo) / 1st Photos From Psquare's Dad Burial: Peter Okoye And Wife Lola Omotayo In White / Pics: Who Is This Nigerian-irish Beauty Who Looks A Lot Like US Actress Zendaya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.