Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Do You Know God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Know God? (2106 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know God? by DaHitler(m): 4:54am On Jul 01, 2006
Do you know God? Really, do you? If so, what do you know about God.

Let me hear your views on why this being is so loved by the self-proposed people of God. What makes God so good. And by the way, don't quote the Books, I am using both books as a leg rest as we speak. If I cared to find anything from it, I can do that myself.

Or is this love for God akin to nationalism? In short, accepting lies to make life and decisions easier?
Re: Do You Know God? by Drusilla(f): 6:18am On Jul 01, 2006
Afeni,

The bible warns us against standing in the way of scorners. So your post of course is just full of crap and in no way seeks to understand what people do or don't know. You just wish to put Christians down.
Re: Do You Know God? by DaHitler(m): 11:06am On Jul 01, 2006
Drusilla, please answer the question. And by the way, in case I didn't make it clear enough, don't reference the bible in this thread. It is meant to be your genuine knowledge of God and why you love him.
Re: Do You Know God? by Drusilla(f): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2006
Afeni,

If this topic was meant to be our genuine knowledge of God, regardless of the bible.

You would not have tried to denigrate the bible, or our faith, or our relationship with God or dictate what we could use to show how we know God or why we love him, in such a fashion.

Knowing that your just waiting to prance on anything I or another Christian says and tear it to pieces.

I'm not willing to give some of my most intimate knowledge to someone, who will just turn and tear it and me to pieces.

I can answer the question without using the bible. I just need a certain level of sincere interest in my most intimate details of my relationship with the Creator of the Earth.

Instead all I have from you is a sure expectation that my experience is going to be denigrated.
Re: Do You Know God? by DaHitler(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2006
Exactly as I thought. You claim you love God, but you don't know why.
Re: Do You Know God? by lordimpaq(m): 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2006
Afeni doesn't know God, that's why he's asking,

besides your last posts on the religion thread have been full of crap,

afeni do u know what faith is, he doesnt know,

what do u think will happen to you when u die, he doesnt know either

prove me wrong and answer the questions
Re: Do You Know God? by eveseh(f): 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2006
yep,i know him
Re: Do You Know God? by Ciaralover(f): 5:09am On Jul 02, 2006
if u dont love god that is yall problem but dont have problem wit people fa loving him!!!Thanks
Re: Do You Know God? by DaHitler(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2006
lordimpaq:

Afeni doesn't know God, that's why he's asking,

besides your last posts on the religion thread have been full of crap,

afeni do u know what faith is, he doesnt know,

what do u think will happen to you when u die, he doesnt know either

prove me wrong and answer the questions

If I knew this questions, I won't be here asking the self-proposed people of God.

Clearly, you know something I don't. So, what is it?
Re: Do You Know God? by eveseh(f): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2006
Afeni,i think u should tunr into pastor,it'll be good
Re: Do You Know God? by Drusilla(f): 1:46pm On Jul 02, 2006
eveseh,

Good discernment.
Re: Do You Know God? by eveseh(f): 2:48pm On Jul 02, 2006
Drusilla:

eveseh,

Good discernment.

thanks cool cool cool

@afeni,u betta do that quick dan u'll know god betta
Re: Do You Know God? by damygurl(f): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2006
yea i know God and i luv him bcuz he gave me a great family, life and he's been very good to me. I wake up every morning in my house, i have a variety of food @ home, lots of clothes to choose 4rm and i'm healthy. I've been through one hurricane and it didn't affect my house. i've never been poor and i'm happy. there are lots of people in this world that know God and are even closer to him dan me but they have one problem or another. i'm not mocking them i'm just giving God all the Glory for everything he has done for me. He's been so great to me cuz if i list all the things he has done since the day i was born, i'm gon be writing 4 16years cuz everyday of my life has been a blessing!!!!
Re: Do You Know God? by kenshin(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2006
Sure I know Him, He's my friend, What exactly do u want to know about him?
Re: Do You Know God? by Ciaralover(f): 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2006
damygurl:

yea i know God and i love him bcuz he gave me a great family, life and he's been very good to me. I wake up every morning in my house, i have a variety of food @ home, lots of clothes to choose from and i'm healthy. I've been through one hurricane and it didn't affect my house. i've never been poor and i'm happy. there are lots of people in this world that know God and are even closer to him dan me but they have one problem or another. i'm not mocking them i'm just giving God all the Glory for everything he has done for me. He's been so great to me because if i list all the things he has done since the day i was born, i'm gon be writing 4 16years because everyday of my life has been a blessing!!!!
U go girl, Good one
kenshin:

Sure I know Him, He's my friend, What exactly do u want to know about him?

Thats a really good question ma friend!!!
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 8:24pm On Jul 04, 2006
No, I don't. I've never met him. For those who know him, how does he look like? I'lld love to know more about him but I need really really convincing proof that he exists.
Re: Do You Know God? by Ciaralover(f): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2006
U HAVENT SEEN MARS BUT U KNOW IT EXISTS!!
u HAVENT SEEN GRAVITY BUT U KNOW IT EXISTS!

sO WHAT WRONG WIT BELIEVIBG THAT GOD EXISTS, DOU HAVE TO SEE HIM FIRST NO MATTER ALL THE STUFF HE DID FOR U!!
wELL ANYWAY U WILL KNOW THAT HE EXISTS ONE DAY BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE, AND THAT WILL BE JUDGEMENT DAY!!bYE AND God bless u!!
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 8:43pm On Jul 04, 2006
Ciaralover:

U HAVENT SEEN MARS BUT U KNOW IT EXISTS!!
u HAVENT SEEN GRAVITY BUT U KNOW IT EXISTS!

sO WHAT WRONG WIT BELIEVIBG THAT GOD EXISTS, DOU HAVE TO SEE HIM FIRST NO MATTER ALL THE STUFF HE DID FOR U!!
wELL ANYWAY U WILL KNOW THAT HE EXISTS ONE DAY BUT IT WILL BE TOO LATE, AND THAT WILL BE JUDGEMENT DAY!!bYE AND God bless u!!

There's actually proof that Mars exists, scientists have proved it. We know that Gravity exists, we are living proof.
But how do we know that God does exist? I've never talked to him.
Re: Do You Know God? by exu(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2006
I chuckled all the way through this thread.

Comparing Mars to 'god' is good times indeed.
Re: Do You Know God? by lunafish(f): 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2006
I believe in God. But do I know Him/Her? I don't know.
Maybe I believe in God for security, for purpose.
Maybe the God I believe in is one that I imagine to be everything I'd want them to be.

All I know is; I'm thankful for my life and everyting that has happened and I accredit that to God. I know that there has to be someone above us (people) who knows more and can do more. I believe in purpose and a divine plan and my gratitude and hope is my love for God.

Bear in mind; I don't go to church and I don't worship any God of homophobia or discrimination. I guess we all have our personal God. I know that I believe in and love mine.

I guess it's just not something that you can justify.
Besides the only certainties in life are; birth, death and change.

It's probably no help to you Afeni (it may not be clear), but it's the best I can do.
Re: Do You Know God? by damygurl(f): 12:24am On Jul 05, 2006
@ retro it's gon be waste of time trying to explain God to you. i don't mean that in a bad way. you want someone you can see and talk to like you would any other person but it doesn't work that way. you can talk to him but you gotta have something called Faith!!
The only thing i got to prove the existence of God is the bible but if you don't believe God exist then i'm sure you don't believe in the bible.
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2006
damygurl:

@ retro it's gon be waste of time trying to explain God to you. i don't mean that in a bad way. you want someone you can see and talk to like you would any other person but it doesn't work that way. you can talk to him but you gotta have something called Faith!!
The only thing i got to prove the existence of God is the bible but if you don't believe God exist then i'm sure you don't believe in the bible.

It's not that I don't believe in God, I doubt his existence. What do I get in return if I should 'believe in God'?
Re: Do You Know God? by damygurl(f): 9:35am On Jul 05, 2006
i've alwayz believed in his existence ever since i can remember. the stuff i got to back the things i say are in the bible and i'm not really sure you believe in d bible. i don't believe all the so called scientific proofs they got to explain the creation of the world. if you let your mind wander and marvel at all the beautiful things around you and all the littleĀ  miracles like the air, wind, rain, snow, how just a sperm is needed for a a baby to develop, how women are able to give birth, the pain , the joy and i've seen lots of real life miracles with my own eyes. there are lots of scientific proofs to explain most of these things but think about it, it's just too everything to be explained away by science.

well if you believe in God, it's brings a peace and joy to your heart. one of the things i like doing most is dancing and praising God. He's gonna be best friend and will never let you down and though sometimes it might seem like he's not there or not listening but believe me he is. he's alwayz gon be there
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 9:48am On Jul 05, 2006
damygurl:

well if you believe in God, it's brings a peace and joy to your heart. one of the things i like doing most is dancing and praising God. He's going to be best friend and will never let you down and though sometimes it might seem like he's not there or not listening but believe me he is. he's alwayz gon be there

But I already have peace and joy. I don't know how I feel about the bible but sometimes I think it's just a book full of instructions on how to live your life. I find Christians boring, no offense. I don't party, I don't smoke anymore, I don't drink. I agree, I've done many nasty things in the pasts, I've slept with many boys but I'm a changed person, because I wanted to change not because of 'God said ***'. I think you can lead an healthy, normal and reasonable life without God and the bible.
Re: Do You Know God? by damygurl(f): 9:52am On Jul 05, 2006
you are right but i gotta ask do you believe in heaven and been saved by Jesus? Christianity don't have to be boring. there r lots of christians with a good social life. i'm sure you know you can have a good and not boringĀ  time without smoking drinking and stuff like that.
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 10:02am On Jul 05, 2006
damygurl:

you are right but i gotta ask do you believe in heaven and been saved by Jesus? Christianity don't have to be boring. there r lots of christians with a good social life. i'm sure you know you can have a good and not boring time without smoking drinking and stuff like that.

I don't know how I feel about 'heaven and hell'. I don't know, really. The Christians I've met are boring, they are. Same goes for the Muslims, I actually find the more boring but that's not the point. I don't smoke or drink and I'm having the time of my life. I don't party. My boyfriend invites me out to parties or some drinking club but I don't go because I wasn't brought up that way.
Sometimes, I don't find 'God and the Bible' necessary. I need proof. That's all.
Re: Do You Know God? by WesleyanA(f): 10:07am On Jul 05, 2006
i feel the same way too.
i don't have any reason to believe there's God but i do at the same time. it's funny.
i feel more comfortable with the notion that God is the feeling that lives in our hearts and tells us right from wrong (intuition) and all that, rather than a big man with white beard sitting on some xlarge cardis furniture up there.
Re: Do You Know God? by damygurl(f): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2006
no matter how much happiness you have right now, your life would be more fulfilling with God in it. Knowing God makes a HUGE difference. Think of it like this. Riding a tricycle seems fun to a child, but later if that child grows up and drives a Porsche, the tricycle seems pretty boring. You might think you've got all you'd ever want in life, but know that you might be saying that from the perspective of someone riding a tricycle.
Jesus said that He could fulfill desires in us that nothing else can fulfill (John 4:13-14; 6:35). That's because we're not just physical beings, we're spiritual beings also. Only God can fulfill our spiritual hunger and thirst completely. And while we may be happy without God, it is only by knowing God that we can have true joy, fulfillment and peace.
And there is also the question of eternity. What if your limited time on earth is a time of testing from God? A test to whether or not you will come to know Him? If so, how are you doing on that exam? Are you (as it says in Romans 1) "suppressing" the knowledge of God? Do you see the evidence for His existence all around you, yet are not wanting to acknowledge Him?
What if you never receive God into your life? Well, as you've mentioned, you can still enjoy the benefits of this life. But know that for you it will end here, because you've chosen to reject God. You've accepted the gift (your existence), but rejected the Giver.

What if God hasn't even shown off yet, but has a lot more creative things planned for the next life? For those who haven't rejected Him? What if that life surpasses this life even more than driving a Porsche surpasses riding a tricycle? If you have rejected God, then you won't be there to see it.
"i didn't write that"

try to read this http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
Re: Do You Know God? by nferyn(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2006
damygurl:

i've alwayz believed in his existence ever since i can remember. the stuff i got to back the things i say are in the bible and i'm not really sure you believe in d bible. i don't believe all the so called scientific proofs they got to explain the creation of the world. if you let your mind wander and marvel at all the beautiful things around you and all the little miracles like the air, wind, rain, snow, how just a sperm is needed for a a baby to develop, how women are able to give birth, the pain , the joy and i've seen lots of real life miracles with my own eyes. there are lots of scientific proofs to explain most of these things but think about it, it's just too everything to be explained away by science.
You don't need God to marvel at the beauty and wonder of life and existence. You can appreciate everything the world has to offer without having to retort to a divine being. The whole God-of-the-gaps argument is prety lame as an argument for God's existence and personal incredulity (I cannot perceive it, so it cannot be true) is even less convincing.
Fact is, all these arguments can only make sense if you already believe in the existence of God, but they're quite unconvincing for people not holding that belief.
Re: Do You Know God? by lordimpaq(m): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2006
@retro,

if you want proof, go to the book store and purchase a bible, read it cover to cover,

God exists, do u think this world just came out of nowhere, oh please this world can't just come into existence like that,

someone created it, who else did, God, how come everything is so perfectly made, the animals, the solar system,

no one can do this but God, can't u behold the beauty of His creation, its simply wonderful,
Re: Do You Know God? by retro(f): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2006
lordimpaq:

@retro,

if you want proof, go to the book store and purchase a bible, read it cover to cover,

God exists, do u think this world just came out of nowhere, oh please this world can't just come into existence like that,

someone created it, who else did, God, how come everything is so perfectly made, the animals, the solar system,

no one can do this but God, can't u behold the beauty of His creation, its simply wonderful,

Wow, what a wonderful way to convince me. I'm so going to purchase a bible right now. Please!
Re: Do You Know God? by lordimpaq(m): 8:20am On Jul 06, 2006
@retro

i aint kiddin retro,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Turn The Other Cheek- What Does It Mean? / God Is Not A Killer / Evidence Of Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.