Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? (5541 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain / I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by newdeal(m): 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
American politics is so weird sometimes!
Sarah paling's[John Mccain's running mate] teenage daughter is pregnant and American press is agog!
so what is the big deal about that? why are they making such a fuss about it?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2008
Isnt this old news ?

Plus i'm sure that if she was black or if it was one of Obama's daughters, the press will not be soo nice and it will be an entirely different issue.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
OH LORDY!!! RACE has something to do with this too?? JEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by blackspade(m): 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
Because the set of "Republican Values" that have been praised by many Republicans condemn sex before marriage, and Gov. Palin is a Republican and she advocates abstinence. So basically, she is a hypocrite. I don't care about her daughter having the baby, nor do I condemn it, but I think the woman is a hypocrite, and a Liar. Babygate. Look it up brudda.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by blackspade(m): 7:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

Isnt this old news ?

Plus i'm sure that if she was black or if it was one of Obama's daughters, the press will not be soo nice and it will be an entirely different issue.
I agree, you don't know how many Bitches and Hoes would be said by that fatass Rush Limbaugh.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2008
I agree, you don't know how many Bitches and Hoes would be said by that fatass Rush Limbaugh.

you couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
blackspade:

Because the set of "Republican Values" that have been praised by many Republicans condemn sex before marriage, and Gov. Palin is a Republican and she advocates abstinence. So basically, she is a hypocrite. I don't care about her daughter having the baby, nor do I condemn it, but I think the woman is a hypocrite, and a Liar. Babygate. Look it up brudda.

How is she a hypocrite? I guess as a teenager you never went against your mother's wishes, abi?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2008
How can she preach about something that even her own children don't follow. Shouldn't see wake up to smelll the coffee that abstinence doesn't work.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
@ kobo: if Bristol Paulin has been a black female. The press/media will be ringing several negative and horrible news about her.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by blackspade(m): 7:46pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

How is she a hypocrite? I guess as a teenager you never went against your mother's wishes, abi?
I shouldn't have wrote hypocrite, because her daughters actions aren't her own. bahara grin
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by SeanT21(f): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2008
I do not have problem with this girl getting pregnant. I just think that republicans need to stop acting like they are so holy. Damn hypocrites!!!
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

How can she preach about something that even her own children don't follow. Shouldn't see wake up to smelll the coffee that abstinence doesn't work.

Abstinence doesn't work? Palin's daughter is now a measure of whether it works or not?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

Abstinence doesn't work? Palin's daughter is now a measure of whether it works or not?

See me see wahala OO!!!!

SeanT21:

I do not have problem with this girl getting pregnant. I just think that republicans need to stop acting like they are so holy. Damn hypocrites!!!

While you are at it, you might as well tell your God that his laws preaching abstinence don't work, making him a hypocrite as well.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by sistawoman: 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2008
The first/second family is supposed to be held up as an example. There are not supposed to be any flaws in the make-up.

That being said I think that is a problem with American Politics. Politicans are human too and make mistakes and pay for those mistakes. Her daughter could be someone who speaks to unwed teenagers and explain to them why staying away from sex or having protected sex every single time is important.

But since this is the game that we play here in American McCain should have never chosen her as a running mate. It is too close to election time and he is running a risk of this thing taking over his campaign. I am happy he did it and am loving it at this point.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by debosky(m): 8:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
I don't see any point criticizing her v.presidential aspirations because of this, other than her kids will suffer from less attention because she wants to 'serve the nation' - is it a case of being selfless or neglecting your family for political gain? undecided

What I will judge her on is this - if you have FAILED as an individual to teach your child abstinence education enough for her to abstain that she gets pregnant in high school, why should the nation listen to your opinion on that? If you can't make it work in your home, how will you make it work in other people's?

If you can't help yourself, you cannot help others. In terms of preaching about abstinence, she holds little substance since she failed to imbibe it in her own kid. All these distractions are not good for McCain, it takes away focus from her potential leadership potential. Frankly its turning into a bit of a farce.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Hannibal: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
These kids don't listen to their parents.
How can this be the fault of the mother?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2008
While you are at it,  you might as well tell your God that his laws preaching abstinence don't work, making him a hypocrite as well.

@ Kobo: what does the laws of god have to do with this conversation.

Go to the religious section and read the thread "Premarital sex does not equal fornication" or something of that sort. I think that you will find the information there useful and relevant.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2008
These kids don't listen to their parents.
How can this be the fault of the mother?

No one is blaming the mother. I think I like how debosky puts it.

If you can't help yourself, you cannot help others. In terms of preaching about abstinence, she holds little substance since she failed to imbibe it in her own kid. All these distractions are not good for McCain, it takes away focus from her potential leadership potential. Frankly its turning into a bit of a farce.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by SeanT21(f): 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

See me see wahala OO!!!!

While you are at it, you might as well tell your God that his laws preaching abstinence don't work, making him a hypocrite as well.

Jesus Christ. Why are you getting God involved?

Its simple, The republicans do not practice what they preach.

1. The Republicans are Pro- Life yet they support the war.
2. They say they do not want the government to be involved in People lives but yet enforce the patriot act.
3. They accuse Dem's of being spendthrifts but yet cause the country to be bankrupt.
4. They support the wealthy by cutting taxes on the rich
5. They believe in freedom but yet try to push the Christian beliefs on everyone. What ever happen to Religion being left out of politics. Didn't Jesus say "“Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s”

Is this the party you favor KOBO?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2008

Yes, she is an epitome of what doesn't work for people her age.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by JeSoul(f): 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
Kobojunkie:

this is a BRILLIANT response!

Apparently everyone critisizing Palin must have been perfect, holy, obedient 17yrs olds that never disobeyed or went against their parents.  

People are suffering with mortages, healthcare, gas prices, food costs, the war in Iraq and we're talking about a 17yr old girl who slept with her boyfriend & got pregnant? talk about misplaced priorities.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Hannibal: 8:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
debosky:

Not necessarily.
I know many Pastors/Evangelists with children that are crazy and are loose-cannons.
They preach all what is good to others but their kids are something else. . . . .How do u correlate that?
Some things are just meant to be and some kids just do these things out of rebellion.
Ma Dad is a pastor. . . . .I wanna be a career criminal and there's nothing he can do about it. tongue
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:29pm On Sep 02, 2008
Palin has NOTHING to offer anyone.

pls lets prevent this conversation from turning religious and I don't see whats brilliant about kobo's post.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

Not necessarily.
I know many Pastors/Evangelists with children that are crazy and are loose-cannons.
They preach all what is good to others but their kids are something else. . . . .How do u correlate that?
Some things are just meant to be and some kids just do these things out of rebellion.
Ma Dad is a pastor. . . . .I want to be a career criminal and there's nothing he can do about it. tongue

Na so e be!!
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2008
Ma Dad is a pastor. . . . .I want to be a career criminal and there's nothing he can do about it.

hehehehehehehehe. Ma dad's a pastor too. wink wink
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by SeanT21(f): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

Palin has NOTHING to offer anyone.

please lets prevent this conversation from turning religious and I don't see whats brilliant about kobo's post.

Republicans love to stick together!!!
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by JeSoul(f): 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hannibal:

Not necessarily.
They preach all what is good to others but their kids are something else
. . . . .How do u correlate that?
Ma Dad is a pastor. . . . .I[b] want to be a career criminal and there's nothing he can do about it.[/b] tongue

Nail on the head!
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by madamkoko: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
Paulin is NOT a pastor. She's a republican.

This conversation is political not religious

I'm sure if this didn't happen to her daughter her tune will be different
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by JeSoul(f): 8:35pm On Sep 02, 2008
SeanT,

your darling Obama said Palin's daughter and family are "OFF LIMITS" . . . how come you're not listening and following in his instruction? Even Obama is smart enuff to know that attacking the families, especially children of politicians is not morally right.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by sistawoman: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

Not just any republican.  She can get away with this in Alaska but she is running for the second highest seat in our government a heart attack away from the highest.  Sorry but we tend to hold those politician to a higher standard.
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by JeSoul(f): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

Same principle. Children disobey their parents whether they are muslim, hindu, atheist or babalawo.

and you are sure how? please do tell us? you know Sarah Palin personally?
Re: Daughter Of John McCain's Running Mate Pregnant: So What? by Hannibal: 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
madamkoko:

So we should assume she is happy that her daughter got preggers??
She prolly advised her to sleep with her boy/friend without condoms too.
Are u from Philistine??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware: Charlie Hebdo May Be An Hoax (video Evidence) / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ / Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.