Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain (16180 Views)

McCain Fires Back At Putin With America's Own Letter To Russians / Ariel Castro Commits Suicide In Prison / US Elections 2008 Results: Obama vs Mccain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 10:42pm On Feb 23, 2008
McCain hoping Castro dies

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Likely Republican presidential nominee John McCain says he doesn't look for any major political reforms in Cuba until after Fidel Castro dies, adding he hopes that's not far off.

As McCain put it during a campaign stop in Indiana Friday, "I hope he has the opportunity to meet Karl Marx very soon."

That's a reference to the author of "The Communist Manifesto," who died in 1883.

McCain's comments follow an argument between Democratic contenders Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama over the best way to push for change in Cuba.

Castro himself has responded to the barbed interest in his decision to step down this week as Cuba's leader.

Eighty-one years-old and infirm, Castro says he's enjoyed seeing "the embarrassing position of all the presidential candidates" making "demands of Cuba." And he says he made the right call by
stepping down.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/23/mccain-hoping-castro-dies/
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by McKren(m): 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2008
I am just watching John McCain, there is nothing Presidential about him.

Short-tempered, talks anyhow etc
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 11:28pm On Feb 23, 2008
First, I'm not Castro's supporter!
But regardless of one's position or what may be going on, I do not think it is Godly or appropriate for anybody to wish or crave for the death of another human being (just because both parties share different ideas and policies).
This is barbaric, evil and ridiculous.

Suicide bomber and John McCain have one or two things in common; and that is sad.
I honestly do not think that John McCain is a true leader.
I also think that John McCain's style of leading is not what United States of America needs at this point in time. John McCain's policies and vision are all obsoleted many years ago.
His image on the TV is frightening, it shows an old man in pain, that heavily depends on medication to see the next minute.
He represents one of those old men that doesn't like to give it up for the new generation.

The man is currently 71 years old; by the time a new president is elected he will be 72 years old on this earth.
United state presidents usually aged 10 years older within the first year in the office; therefore as a president, Sen John McCain will be technically 82 years old this time next you.
This is purely ridiculous; just let it go already.

Could someone please tell this man to go home?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by TheSly: 11:42pm On Feb 23, 2008
Its really sad to hear such statement emanating from Mccain.

They recently complained about Obama's refusal to wear an American flag lapel pin along with a photo of him not putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem, I wonder what they would say about McCain as a result of his awkward statement against castro. . . undecided
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by pahtahkee: 11:53pm On Feb 23, 2008
McCain has been known for his constant incessant recline on cursing. It is a shame he has continued without having to think about his actions for the White seat.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by doyin13(m): 12:09am On Feb 24, 2008
There is an Igbo proverb that comments on the discomfort of the elderly at the mention of old bones etc.

Considering McCain is no spring chicken himself, he really should avoid all talk of health or death.

Castro has outlived many presidential foes before him and I would not bet against him beating McCain either.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by 4Play(m): 12:27am On Feb 24, 2008
Big B1:

First, I'm not Castro's supporter!
But regardless of one's position or what may be going on, I do not think it is Godly or appropriate for anybody to wish or crave for the death of another human being (just because both parties share different ideas and policies).
This is barbaric, evil and ridiculous.

What is truly "barbaric,evil and ridiculous" are the actions of this most cruel of dictatorships which has claimed thousands of innocent Cuban lives,incarcerated thousands more activists and deprived the enterprising Cuban people of some of the most basic freedoms humanity yearns for-freedom of religion,speech,assembly,movement,e.t.c

Suicide bomber and John McCain have one or two things in common; and that is sad.

Mangled thinking always produces mangled analogy.

I honestly do not think that John McCain is a true leader.

For someone who thinks IBB is an elixir to Nigeria's problems.

I also think that John McCain's style of leading is not what United States of America needs at this point in time. John McCain's policies and vision are all obsoleted many years ago.

Which one of his policies are "obsoleted"?

His image on the TV is frightening, it shows an old man in pain, that heavily depends on medication to see the next minute.
He represents one of those old men that doesn't like to give it up for the new generation.

What does this cheap shot at an elderly man's physical features achieve? His stiff movement,particularly his inability to move his hands properly,were as a result of the torture he endured as a POW in Vietnam.If you are saying that one of the disqualifying attributes of McCain are the physical scars he endured serving his country bravely,you are plumbing new depths of stupidity.

The man is currently 71 years old; by the time a new president is elected he will be 72 years old on this earth.
United state presidents usually aged 10 years older within the first year in the office; therefore as a president, Sen John McCain will be technically 82 years old this time next you.
This is purely ridiculous; just let it go already.

This bizarre attempt at gerontology notwithstanding,wouldn't this similarly disqualify IBB? He must have aged considerably from his previous 7 years in power.

Inane ageism that purports to show us that people in their 70s are incapable of executing their responsibilities as President stretches the bounds of logic.Like I pointed out earlier in another thread,there are many octogenarians in the corporate world whose work ethic would put us youngsters to shame.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 12:44am On Feb 24, 2008
@4 Play:
You're a good man!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 12:52am On Feb 24, 2008
Considering McCain is no spring chicken himself, he really should avoid all talk of health or death.

Castro has outlived many presidential foes before him and I would not bet against him beating McCain either.

@doyin13:

Exactly!

And many wonder why many around the world despise America.
This type of statement coming from a presidential candidate doesn't speak well of the future of USA.

America desperately needs a change coming from someone who stands for unity.
I'm afraid, this person is not John McCain!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by AlfaPrime: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2008
Quite sad if Mc Cain actually said that, I mean, he shd be able to condemn Castro's excesses and ideas without necessarily wishing him dead. I hope his campaign team quickly deals with this b4 it becomes a minus for him, for he's trully a popular candidate.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by McKren(m): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2008
Ignore John McCain's popularity, it will fizzle out when the time comes

He talks about being fiscally responsible and having high morals on finance, but he has 51 lobbyists raising money for his campaign. When the time comes he will tell Americans how he was able get out of his once financial crisis.

He talks publicly of not knowing anything about economics also proposes that America should fund the war in Iraq for another 100years. So dumb!!!!

He claims there is no need for change and that Obama's call for change is just an eloquent nothing. May be the recession, housing and energy crisis are just fine and should remain.

When the time comes, David Axelrod will paint his administration as an extension of Gorge W. Bush and his whole candidacy will be reduced to a referendum on Gorge W. Bush and his policies.

So ignore John McCain, he will only win the general election if Hillary becomes democratic nominee.
Being a Prisoner of war does not qualify one as President, besides that its not the smartest thing to allow the security of a Nation in the hands of a man who bears so much hate as a result of his war sufferings.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2008
Wait a second, did none of you all wish Abacha dead when we found that nothing could move that dude?? I don't know about you all but I have prayed people dead myself and I am not going to deny it. Heck, I even wished Saddam dead when I heard back in the 80's of the attrocities he had commited against his own people. I wished Idi Amin dead when I heard of the evil's he has committed against his own people. I am still doing same for Mugabe. I hope the man drops dead tommorow. And I do hope Castro dies too. There, I said it. Now you can all go ahead and crucify me to.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Wait a second, did none of you all wish Abacha dead when we found that nothing could move that dude?? I don't know about you all but I have prayed people dead myself and I am not going to deny it.

Heck, I even wished Saddam dead when I heard back in the 80's of the attrocities he had commited against his own people.

I wished Idi Amin dead when I heard of the evil's he has committed against his own people.

I am still doing same for Mugabe. I hope the man drops dead tommorow. And I do hope Castro dies too. There, I said it. Now you can all go ahead and crucify me to.

I wish we had more Nigerians like you!  Always telling it like it is! It just takes a brief moment to step back from it all to see that we are often the most guilty of what we accuse others of.

Including me of course!  Just incase anyone missed that. cool

As far as McCain's (gosh I finally can spell the man's name correctly after all these years) comments are concerned---if they are true oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, anyone can wish the other death from now till the cows come home.  When is your time to go, it is your time to go. Castro or anyone being alive today is not of anyone's wishes or desires.  Till then, all we can do is do what we do best. . . . . . . .the right to freedom of expression.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by McKren(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2008
Wishing silently is different from a Presidential nominee saying publicly that he wishes Castro dead.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 3:55pm On Feb 24, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmm,

Wishing silently. . . . . . I frankly cannot figure out which is worse, despite the civility of being "diplomatically and politically correct".   I wonder what God would think about it.

Hmmmmmmm,

. . . . . . . .anyway thank God I am not God.  He sure has a lot to deal with, concerning the case studies he created called human beings.

If wishes were horses. . . . . . . . .
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
McKren:

Wishing silently is different from a Presidential nominee saying publicly that he wishes Castro dead.

Wishing silenty? Where?? I just posted my view for all persons to see there on the issue?? I said

1) I hope Castro drops dead soon.

2) I hope Mugabe does not wake up.

Or should it not matter cause I am not a presidential nominees are super human beings This happens to be one of the many reasons why I hate watching these election coverages and the way people seem to react to them. The man is a human being. Please people remember that fact cause at the end of the day, he will be the same human being he has always been even when he gets in office, and this goes to any and everyone you would rather vote for.

I personally would rather he be human and express himself as a human would than expect him to act all lofty and grand in public but be human in private. I suggest we start seeing these politicians as human beings and nothing more, especially in Nigeria, and then we be better able to decide who to elect and who not to elect. We keep voting people who act like superhumans that could never do no wrong and promise us heaven and earth but as soon as they get in office, we start to see their human side and get repulsed by it immediately.

Castro himself has said it will never happen while he is alive ( reform in cuba), mccain then follows it with he hopes Castro dies soon then. I don't see that as being barbaric or inhuman anyday.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by almondjoy(f): 4:23pm On Feb 24, 2008
I think he was referring to McCain.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2008
Wishing silenty? Where?? I just posted my view for all persons to see there on the issue?? I said

Or should it not matter cause I am not a presidential hopeful and presidential hopefuls should not act like human beings

There is a difference between an American presidential candidate and a naughty finger sucking boy talking rubbish.

Infact, it is OK to silently wish somebody dead (it is not Godly, but it is acceptable), but for a presidential candidate to come and publicly express this despicable wish is barbaric; also it makes him (the presidential candidate) a dangerous human being that can not be trusted.

McCain at his old age should have known better.
I hope democrates get themselves together; at the moment the only enemies democrates have are themselves.
It is purely clear that McCain is not ready and can never be the next United States president if Hillary and Barack play the cards right.

Again, as a presidential candidate that was not the right thing to say; let the Cubans judge the man (Castro) by themselves and the potential United States president should focus on preventing Americans from losing their houses.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2008
Big B1:

There is a difference between an American presidential candidate and a naughty finger sucking boy talking rubbish.

Infact, it is OK to silently wish somebody dead (it is not Godly, but it is acceptable), but for a presidential candidate to come and publicly express this despicable wish is barbaric; also it makes him (the presidential candidate) a dangerous human being that can not be trusted.

McCain at his old age should have known better.
I hope democrates get themselves together; at the moment the only enemies democrates have are themselves.
It is purely clear that McCain is not ready and can never be the next United States president if Hillary and Barack play the cards right.

Again, as a presidential candidate that was not the right thing to say; let the Cubans judge the man (Castro) by themselves and the potential United States president should focus on preventing Americans from losing their houses.

Who made you judge and jury over presidential hopefuls and what is right and wrong for them to say in this circumstance?? Have you actually been following what has been going on or are you just reacting on just one line you read from the papers
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by McKren(m): 4:39pm On Feb 24, 2008
I think Doyin has concluded this topic

There is no evidence to suggest that John McCain will last longer than Fidel Castro. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On Feb 24, 2008
oh brother!!!!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by pahtahkee: 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Wait a second, did none of you all wish Abacha dead when we found that nothing could move that dude?? I don't know about you all but I have prayed people dead myself and I am not going to deny it. Heck, I even wished Saddam dead when I heard back in the 80's of the attrocities he had commited against his own people. I wished Idi Amin dead when I heard of the evil's he has committed against his own people. I am still doing same for Mugabe. I hope the man drops dead tommorow. And I do hope Castro dies too. There, I said it. Now you can all go ahead and crucify me to.
You are making a mistake here. No matter how much you pray Osama, Infidel Castro, Mugarbage, and all other various world leaders should die, there will always be 10 more of them to come up.

It is not about wishing death upon them that resolves bottleneck, it is about knowing what is the root cause to the problem being generated through them.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2008
I will not only entertain my friends, I will also sit with my enemies and have discussion on why they've decided to hold their various positions, may be something positive could come out of the discussion.

That is how a leader should think.
If wishing of death on one another is the solution, none of us will be here today.
We need peace, unity and prosperity; enough is enough, the demons should be sent home.

The disagreement between Cuba and USA is almost 50 years old, if not more. It is time for a change, it is time for new folks that embrace peace/ unity to take over and it is absolutely the right moment to send the old folks with expired state of mind home.

It is unGodly and absolutely the definition of a suicide bomber's mind to wish for the death of another human being.

Sen John McCain represents a follower and definitely not a leader!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 7:51pm On Feb 24, 2008
Obama vs McCain = You Tube vs Feeding Tube

We shall all see!
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by presido1: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I pity you that you could not figure the diff btw your NL utterance and what McCain said. Even if he wished him dead he is not suppose to say it openly talkless of saying it during campaign. He should be diplomatic about what ever he says cos it Will bring more vote for him.

You always talk like a kid kobojunkie Even stupid Bush can make such statement in public.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 8:15pm On Feb 24, 2008
Like a kid? That is a total disrespect to kids in general; I say[b] "like a toddler"[/b]
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by presido1: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2008
Big B1:

Like a kid? That is a total disrespect to kids in general; I say[b] "like a toddler"[/b]
lol
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by otokx(m): 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2008
Mccain is quite old and may even die before the election proper.
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Islander(f): 9:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
John McCain with his horse-ass face may die sooner than my beloved Fidel. He is worse than Fidel. John is a racist pig, who will soon be exposed for the filthy crap he is. I know one thing for sure, the likes of him can never sit in the White House, if he does, the KKK would be reinstated as the Original terrorists.

Yea Castro is no saint. but he has done well. Thanks to him, Cuba has one of the World's highest Literacy and Lowest Infant mortality rates. I am elated that he stood up( as tiny as Cuba is) against the imperialistic dogs of the West in a day and age when only Russia did so,

[size=24pt]VIVE LA REVOLUCCION[/size]
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Feb 24, 2008
pahtahkee:

You are making a mistake here. No matter how much you pray Osama, Infidel Castro, Mugarbage, and all other various world leaders should die, there will always be 10 more of them to come up.

It is not about wishing death upon them that resolves bottleneck, it is about knowing what is the root cause to the problem being generated through them.

It is not a mistake. These are people who are on opposite poles attacking each other with words. Castro attacked by saying that these men and lady are ridiculous thinking they can change things in cuba while he is still here but it will never happen and castro follows it by saying that he hopes castro dies soon so that things can be changed by them in cuba. What is hard to understand in all that?? Sure he can only wish he dies soon and that is all he has done and has not set out to kill the man himself. It is not about how many more will follow castro or any one else on the list. It is simply about removing the current obstacle in their way to get thier plans to succeed. I think that is actually simple for the average mind to understand.

I am not sure the statement was made to learn the root cause of the problem or any problem. I mean the cuban-american issue is over 50 years old. In all that time, I am sure people have spent time pondering the root cause and so far it has not done them much so majority are actually waiting for the man to die to get their way. I mean I remember how his last health crisis made news here, there were even rumours that he was dead. And people were already talking about the good his death would mean to the cuban american relationship. Why is it suddenly barbaric when McCain says exactly what many in the political ring have spent so many years discussing, what the media has discussed over and over?
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by BigB11(m): 12:04am On Feb 25, 2008
A celebration of "GIBBERISH"
Re: I Hope Castro Dies Soon: John McCain by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Feb 25, 2008
Big B1:

A celebration of "GIBBERISH"

yeah, that sure cements your side of the argument! YEEHAW!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Angry Mob Sets Police Station Ablaze Over Hike In Fuel Price In Zimbabwe / Mass Shooting At Kurdish Center In Paris. 3 Dead, shooter Arrested / Denmark, Italy Expel 45 Russian Diplomats. Denmark 15, Italy 30.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.