Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,531 members, 7,816,294 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats (70895 Views)

Naflah At Midnight, And Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
vedaxcool:

so Ali is some else? That's new!

please we are discussing here taraweeh.respect yourself because this thread is not meant to teach people how to read.
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
^^^

Ali is someone else that new!

A muslim is suppose to follow Muhammad teachings not Ali, and the Imams? that's new!

Ali prayed supererogatory prayers in congregation, that's fact!
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^

A muslim is suppose to follow Muhammad teachings not Ali, and the Imams? that's new!

donkeys only learn through repetition,so take one more time:
LagosShia:

i wonder since when Abdur Rahman Sulami become a holy Imam and since when can anyone make a claim that someone did this or that become a "sunnah".

in Shia Islam,the 12 holy Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as) are believed to follow and uphold the sunnah of Muhammad (sa) and not go against it or make contrary remarks.their import is upholding the teachings of Muhammad (sa).

and without hypocrisy and childishness,let it be known to you that if they do not follow the sunnah of Muhammad (sa) i reject them.that is how a Muslim should be.you dont call yourself "Sunni" (follower of sunnah) and then go against the sunnah of Muhammad (S) by following someone else's sunnah.

that is what Abdur Rahman Sulami claims.
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2012
vedaxcool: ^^^

So shias can teach donkeys through repetition, wow that is new! The above points remain unanswered
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 3:00pm On Jul 30, 2012
vedaxcool:

So shias can teach donkeys through repetition, wow that is new! The above points remain unanswered

yes.taraweeh is bid'ah and Sunnis perform it.
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
LagosShia:

yes.taraweeh is bid'ah and Sunnis perform it.

and Ali and the prophet pbuh did tarraweeh? so they practised bi dah? that something new?
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
vedaxcool:

and Ali and the prophet pbuh did tarraweeh? so they practised bi dah? that something new?

this thread is not about teaching people how to read.play somewhere else or learn how to read.

TARAWEEH,TARAWEEH,TARAWEEH=BID'AH,BID'AH,BID'AH
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
LagosShia:

this thread is not about teaching people how to read.play somewhere else or learn how to read.

AND ALI AND PROPHET MUHAMMED DID TARAWEEH AND LAGOSHIA SAYS THEY PRACTICE BIDDHAH! THAT IS SOMETHING NEW!
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2012

vedaxcool:
AND ALI AND PROPHET MUHAMMED DID TARAWEEH AND LAGOSHIA SAYS THEY PRACTICE BIDDHAH! THAT IS SOMETHING NEW!

Holy Quran 16:116
"And do not say about what your tongues assert of untruth, "This is lawful and this is unlawful," to invent falsehood about Allah . Indeed, those who invent falsehood about Allah will not succeed".

Holy Quran 61:7
"And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah untruth while he is being invited to Islam. And Allah does not guide the wrongdoing people".

Holy Quran 7:37
"And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or denies His verses? Those will attain their portion of the decree until when Our messengers come to them to take them in death, they will say, "Where are those you used to invoke besides Allah ?" They will say, "They have departed from us," and will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers."

Holy Quran 29:68
"And who is more unjust than one who invents about Allah a lie or denies His verses? Those will attain their portion of the decree until when Our messengers come to them to take them in death, they will say, "Where are those you used to invoke besides Allah ?" They will say, "They have departed from us," and will bear witness against themselves that they were disbelievers."
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by ZhulFiqar2: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
this is exactly the mode of argument that suits Vedaxcool-he is someone who padlocks his brain.he does not even fear to lie and attribute it to Prophet Muhammad (s) and Imam Ali (a).don't you fear Allah (swt) that after pages on this topic without one hadith that Prophet Muhammad (sa) taught or instructed Muslims to do "tarawih"-but the contrary showing he prohibited praying tahajjud (notice it wasn't even called taraweeh) in congregation-,you still have the courage to attribute a bid'ah to him and pretend you're making a point? are you really fasting? is this not how you wanted to lie and argue to defend your sodomized wahhabi suicide bombers in the other thread until you got a hot slap you'd live to tell your grandchildren about grin

https://www.nairaland.com/991658/sodomy-sake-islam
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abu Ya'la and at-Tabarani record, with a hasan chain, from Jabir that Ubayy ibn Ka'b came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said: "O Messenger of Allah, I have done something last night," (i.e. during Ramadan). The Prophet said: 'And what was that, O Ubayy?' He said: The women in my house said, 'We don't recite Qur'an [well or much] so can we pray behind you?' I prayed eight rak'at and the witr prayer with them. The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was pleased with that and did not say anything.

The hadith was narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“Whoever stands with the imam until he finishes, it is equivalent to spending the whole night in prayer.”

[Narrated by al-Tirmidzi, 806; Abu Dawud, 1375; al-Nasa’ie, 1605; Ibn Majah, 1327; Classified as sahih by al-Tirmidzi, Ibn Khuzaymah (3/337), Ibn Hibban (3/340) and al-Albani in Irwa’ al-Ghalil, 447]

Abu Dharr (radi-Allaahu ’anhu) said,

“We kept the fasts of Ramadhaan with the Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam), then he led us in Qiyaam (Taraweeh prayer) on the 23rd night (when seven nights were left) till about one third of it passed. He did not observe it on the 24th, then on the 25th night he led us till about half the night passed. We requested to offer supererogatory prayer during the whole night. The Messenger of Allaah (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhe wa sallam) said, “He who observes Qiyaam along with the Imaam till he finishes it, then it is as if he offered prayer the whole night.” Then he did not observe the Qiyaam with us on the 26th night, then finally on the 27th night he gathered his wives, members of his household and the people and he led everyone in the Qiyaam (Taraweeh prayer) till we feared of missing the dawn meal.” [Ibn Maajah (no. 1327) (2/287) (Arabic/English)]

vedaxcool: Abdur Rahman Sulami narrates that Ali (Allah be pleased with him) called the reciters of the Quran in Ramadan and commanded one of them to perform “twenty rakat” (Tarawih) while Ali (Allah be pleased with him) himself used to lead the witr prayer. [Bayhaqi Sunan al-Kubra Volume 002, Page No. 699, Hadith Number 4620]

vedaxcool:

Indeed this is something new, accusing the prophet and Ali of practicing bida'ah!
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
vedaxcool:

Indeed this is something new, accusing the prophet and Ali of practicing bida'ah!

is lying haram? this is a double lie!
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by vedaxcool(m): 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hiss . . .
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by LagosShia: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
vedaxcool: Hiss . . .

lol kiss kiss kiss
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by BetaThings: 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
LagosShia:

you have still not answered why when the people wanted to turn it into a congregational prayer (i.e. tahajjud not even taraweeh,which is a later invention,even its name) got the Prophet (sa) angry? [/b]this is in the hadith.why was he angry? [b]if people were doing something extra,then that should make him happy because it is recommended.people pray nafila before or after obligatory prayers and that did not get the Prophet (sa) angry.

[/b]

Because on the matter of the religion, the Prophet (PBUH) had no equal. He (PBUH) got angry because they did not listen to him (PBUH) and he (PBUH) knew better them
A parent gets angry when a child does not listen to informed and beneficial advice

LagosShia:

you have still not answered why when the people wanted to turn it into a congregational prayer (i.e. tahajjud not even taraweeh,which is a later invention,even its name) got the Prophet (sa) angry? this is in the hadith.why was he angry? if people were doing something extra,then that should make him happy because it is recommended.people pray nafila before or after obligatory prayers and that did not get the Prophet (sa) angry.

[/b]

No! Excessive zeal leads to extremism
Some people said that they wanted to spend all their days fasting and all their nights praying and the Prophet denounced as not being part of Islam

LagosShia:

you are smartly trying to evade that point.but it is not going away! the question is not whether it is obligatory or optional.is it congregational or not congregational,is the issue.besides,if i am to ask you a question:does praying in congregation make a prayer obligatory? ofcourse you'd say no and you'd bring me special community prayers for divine succour and relief to claim that.so why was the Prophet (sa) angry if praying in congregation won't make it obligatory?

[/b]

Evade? This is not a business venture for me where I might be tempted (mark it, I said I might be tempted) to make a "smart" move to steal a math on you.
I have quoted and requoted the hadith but you will not agree because you have your own shia notion that you want to superimpose on the hadith. Seriously, a christian would see the hadith and understand it but you are seeing a sunni hadith and foisting a shia interpretation of your own shia hadith into it
I have invited you to denounce the hadith and rest the matter. Based on the hadith which sunnis accept, the Prophet (PBUH)
1. prayed the taraweeh for 2 days
2. He remained inside on the 3rd day and told them - go and do it at home. It is better. I don't want it made compulsory upon you.

BetaThings:

I did not say the above. The hadith did
Are you implying that the Prophet did Bidah when he allowed people to join him?
Are we to draw conclusions other that what the Prophet (PBUH) explicitly told us

If you have a problem with the hadith because it is not a Shia hadith, I have no problem with that
But if you accept the Hadith, you must accept the reason given by the Prophet (PBUH) for stopping them
My interpretation = there are benefits in this thing but I don't want it to become a source of punishment if it is made compulsory and you are unable to keep to it

Allah knows best

LagosShia:

what does the Prophet (sa) mean that he fear it would become obligatory upon you.now i dont think it would be Allah (swt) who is going to make it obligatory because if it was meant to be obligatory,then Allah (swt) will make it obligatory regardless if people want to pray it or not in congregation.

Now you are striking at the root of the hadith!
I have asked you to repudiate the hadith directly rather than go about it in this roundabout manner
If you accept the hadith, who can make an act of worship obligatory on the Prophet?
And the Prophet (PBUH) said, I fear. This can only be Allah. Again, a christian will understand this but you will not accept becauae you have your own practice that you want to erect on top of the hadith
Allah (SWT) originally imposed 50 daily prayers and He (SWT) reduced it to 5. So Allah (SWT) can decide to increase, reduce or maintain obligations on human being

LagosShia:

it would become means people would develop the habit and make it look like.as in the point is so clear:they were being prevented from praying it in congregation so that it does not look obligatory.if Allah (swt) wanted to make it obligatory he would have.and if He wills not to make it obligatory He would not have.and to prove my point this is what the Quran says:

No, It means what it says. "[b]I feared that it would be made obligatory for you
". The meaning is clear

LagosShia:
so please try and answer simple questions and face what is stated in the hadiths that do not even need much stress to understand.but ofcourse you want to give cover to something that is reported to be bid'ah by playing smart.

You asked me to mention other prayers. I did. Now I should face the hadith. If I did not take up your challenge, you would have said I am ignoring and trying to be smart

We have faced the hadith. And it is clear

LagosShia:
PS:base on the reason you gave,it is actually very ridiculous and at the same time insulting that the Prophet (sa) would stop a practice so that Allah (swt) would not see it and make it obligatory.do you think the Prophet (sa) was nonchalant about the religion? you said the Prophet (sa) did not allow it and said they should pray it at home.so praying it individually or at home is what is sunnah.whatever you're offering in congregation from the 1st day of the month of ramadan to the last day,is neither a sunnah of the Prophet (sa) and not a command by Allah (swt).it is the desire of people that even goes contrary to the sunnah of the Prophet (sa) which is to pray it alone.right?

You may term it an insult. But that is what the hadith says. You can denounce the hadith.
The sunnah is to do what the Prophet asked us to do and what he did not forbid
Praying at home is better, but praying it in congregation is like praying the whole night
The ahadeeth are consistent. But you can use subterfuge to bring the shia position or assert it directly
But based on the hadith mentioned, the Prophet (PBUH) did not want to do something that would impose additional duty on muslims
This is actually evidence of NOT being non-chalant
As for hardship, it is even a task for some people to make dua. Some people finish salat and rush out of the mosque

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by ibrokola(m): 4:32am On Jul 17, 2013
Tonight's Nafilat,
4 Rakats
2 Salamas
1 Fatiha( in every rakat)
7 Qhul allahuhad
7 Qhul auzubirabil falaq
7 Qulauzubirabinas

After all the Rakats,
100 Astagafirulah
100 Subuhanalah
100 Alhamdulilah
100 Allahuakbar.
Re: Daily Ramadan Midnight Nafilats by maclatunji: 9:52am On Jul 17, 2013
^According to who?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

From A Model To Islam - Joy From Delta State Convert To Islam / Exhumed Corpse Of Woman Who Died 4Years Ago Shocks Ibadan Residents.Graphic Pics / Sulaiman Njoku’s Muslim Family In Imo Celebrates Eid In An Unusual Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.