Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? (10339 Views)

D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts / A Top Nigerian Artist Just Offered Him 5M To Buy His Song... Should He Sell? / CBS Warns Grammy Attendees To Cover Up Private Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by rasputinn(m): 3:54am On Sep 06, 2008
Artists don't win grammies(cleveland,UNESCO or pullitzer maybe)

So your topic should have been
Nigerian Artiste Capable Of Winning Grammy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by toluxa1(m): 4:00am On Sep 06, 2008
I dont understand u o
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by dreeldee: 4:29am On Sep 06, 2008
The Sly:

And you want us to believe that? cheesy
Maybe you are talking about Micheal Oladapo Jackson. cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Koboland(f): 8:11am On Sep 06, 2008
9ice or Tuface for Now,
Dbanj minus the swag, tight videos, dope beats and sometimes cathcy hook he is Wack

Come to think of it, Dbanj's lyrics is always flat,

Tuface is world class he just needs carrriage and tutelage of how a star should act and dope videos
No artiste currently 'Near am'
My 2 kobo from koboland

*Opinion is an Arsehole, we all have one , grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by twinskenny(m): 8:28am On Sep 06, 2008
Asha she is just natural!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by magentam(f): 9:22am On Sep 06, 2008
who else but ASA!

The others are still learning. London based NAYO is also very good. Listen to her "African girl".
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by MrCrackles(m): 9:36am On Sep 06, 2008
baba suwe or mr latin!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by MrCrackles(m): 9:38am On Sep 06, 2008
But seriously, i think ASA's type of music would be impressive to get a nomination nod however as for winning, i remain highly sceptical!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by freelance(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2008
Femi Kuti or Asa
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by bilie: 11:01am On Sep 06, 2008
NICE is d only artist closer to winning grammy in niger grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by MCUsman(m): 11:02am On Sep 06, 2008
Dan Maraya Jos

Shatta

Ali Makaho

With the right backing they can give a shot at the grammy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by MrCrackles(m): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2008
bilie:

NICE is d only artist closer to winning grammy in niger grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

we are not talking about Niger Republic, it is NIGERIA!!! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Bluesteps(f): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2008
Which kind 9ice.
how many awards 9ice don win for 9ja wey e go take win grammy.
As for Dbanj his songs are Good but very flat.
2Face is ok. He could be nominated
Then Asa also has a greater chance presently more than any nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Scopium: 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
[size=13pt]I think Not-Born-Yet can win it. That artiste is way ahead of his time[/size]
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by gasplant: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2008
ASA for life
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by tundysho(m): 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2008
THE title of this thread is not properlt worded.I think it shopuld have been:WHICH NIGERIA DO YOU THINK CAN BEAT ASA TO THE GRAMMYS.i can assure you that she will definately win the grammy
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by elozino: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
i vote for ASA then 2BABA
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by chrischima(m): 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
nat man
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by obinna5000(m): 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2008
ASA HAS A HUGE CHANCE OF WINNING A GRAMMY. BUT ONE OF CRITERIA TO HAVE A NOMINATION IN GRAMMY IS FOR THE ARTIST TO RELEASE ANY OF HIS/HER SINGLES OR ALBUMS IN U.S.A. BETWEEN OCTOBER 1 2007 TO SEPTEMBER 30 2008.

A K O!!! HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME!!! grin
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by vescucci(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
All these people with technicalities. Artiste not Artist. Must release in the U.S. of A. from now till then. She probably released there sef since she's signed with Sony BMG. Just answer the question. I think Asa is great too.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by onyinye2(f): 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2008
If im not mistaken. . . I believe Chamillionaire won a grammy not too long ago. Unless you don't want to consider him one.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by bigboyslim(m): 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2008
onyinye2:

If im not mistaken. . . I believe Chamillionaire won a grammy not too long ago. Unless you don't want to consider him one.

That bling wearing, ice flossing, grill having dude. You call that one a Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by onyinye2(f): 2:22pm On Sep 06, 2008
bigboyslim:

That bling wearing, ice flossing, grill having dude. You call that one a Nigerian?
First off. . . LMAO!!! Who says "bling" any more? Come on brotha get with the times.

Second off. . . you must not be familiar with the rapper Saucekid. Because what wears aint too far from most rappers.

Third off. . . LMAO!!! What do you want these rappers to wear? Traditional attire with tribal marks and lace?
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Seun(m): 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
Yeah, definitely Asa.  That her song about the civil war and the innovative music video it came with: wow!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by sherrylo: 3:45pm On Sep 06, 2008
I also think Asa can win it.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Axiomlogic(m): 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2008
People,Kindly vote for my boy on MTV Base advance warning,His Name is GI JOE and you could do that by visiting www.mtvbase.com/advancewarning and cast your vote,alternatively you could vote with your mobile by sending the word GI JOE TO 33970 on the Zain Network.
Counting on your support.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by moraachi: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2008
"don't doubt me i go bring home grammy"- 9ice, also Asa has a unique voice. as for all these regulars like faze we go only halla their name 1 day
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by airnabs(m): 5:04pm On Sep 06, 2008
Dan Maraya certainly
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by NurudeenA2: 5:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
Tu baba no win any grammy, na wu give am
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by lalaboi(m): 5:53pm On Sep 06, 2008
let me ask u guyz some questions!

who created grammy award?

what type of music do dey recognize most?

i dnt see any naija artiste winning a grammy! unless he was born in us or uk, and he makes der kind of music!

even 9ice is dreaming if he thinks gongo aso will win him a grammy!

asa might get nominated! in the categories of amy'crack'house and co, but she willnot win it! why??

answer my 1st question!!!

dnt say am racist oh! its just the truth!
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by eiete(f): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2008
Yes! And a Nigerian has won it before.

Sade Adu.

Amongst the Nigerian Artiste of today the only musician
I see who is cappable of getting a grammy is lagbaja.

Tubaba is yesterdays news.
Re: Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? by Imani(f): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2008
Some Nigerian artistes think shouting is singing grin grin grin

Most of the tunes i hear these days really suck.

Having said that that, there are still a lot of credible musicians out there and they dont have to sing in English!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goldie Harvey - Say My Name ( Video) / Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos / Bracket's Video Shoot for "Temperature" (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.