Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos (10319 Views)

African Rockstar! Davido Thrills Fans In Abidjan,and The Show Hasnt Even Happend / Any Rock Fans In This House ? What Are Ur Fav Bands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by YEMINEM(m): 3:20am On Jan 20, 2009
What the hell?

I have been searching and searching and so far i havn't found any1, not a single genuine rocker who is into HEAVY METAL, POST GRUNGE, ALTERNATIVE ROCK sub-genres. Some one whose not a Miss. Jones conformist that's sick of nigeria shit music but who loves and appreciate not only western hard core rap and pop music but who also listens to the like my favourite below:

ADEMA
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BREAKING BENJAMIN
CROSSFADE
DEFTONES
DISTURBED
DRY CELL
EVANESCENCE
GODHEAD
KORN
LINKIN PARK
ORGY
PAPA ROACH
SLIP KNOT
STATIC - X
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
THREE DAYS GRACE

email me: nme@rock.com

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 3:25am On Jan 20, 2009
SlipKnot's gay

Better off listening to Fear Factory or NIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP_N9TKX5zg
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Shaz(f): 3:50am On Jan 20, 2009
No offense but I can't fathom how y'all can listen to these kinda songs, seriously.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 4:00am On Jan 20, 2009
*shrugs*

Acquired taste I suppose. kinda like my fav genre which is Electronica or in layman's terms "Techno". Some people love it, Some people dont get the appeal

C'est la vie smiley
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2009
Rock is for those possesed by the Seven Spirits of Hades, Lucifer, Devil . . . . . etc embarassed
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by smile4kenn(m): 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2009
@princess

You are totally wrong about rock music, music is life so u cant say rock is evil

Rock is as good as every other music genre
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2009
it boils down to the point that rock aint my type then undecided
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 9:39pm On Jan 20, 2009
princesa:

Rock is for those possesed by the Seven Spirits of Hades, Lucifer, Devil . . . . . etc embarassed

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Shaz(f): 9:55pm On Jan 20, 2009
KarmaMod:

I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

Lol. . I've never thought of it as devilish . . It just doesn't appeal to me. .

Well, it probably account for why I'm not really a secular-music fan.

I tried listening to the Fear Factory song you posted the link of, it was just embarassed
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 10:33pm On Jan 20, 2009
Shaz:

I tried listening to the Fear Factory song you posted the link of, it was just embarassed

Lmfao. That song isnt for you! tongue I know the OP is a HARD rock fan which is why I posted that song

If you want ear friendly rock songs i can post you nice ones when I get home wink

and what is secular music Are you not a fan of Rap & R&B?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Shaz(f): 1:29am On Jan 21, 2009
KarmaMod:

Lmfao. That song isnt for you! tongue I know the OP is a HARD rock fan which is why I posted that song

If you want ear friendly rock songs i can post you nice ones when I get home wink

and what is secular music Are you not a fan of Rap & R&B?

Erm. . The answer to that is kinda twisted. .

Yes . . I listen to Rap mainly not R&B. . Plus, I don't listen to just any rap - it's mainly gospel. .

I kinda made a sudden switch and all of a sudden, I don't listen to 'em cuz they don't appeal to me. . same storyline in the different songs. .

Phew!! So no. . I'm not a Fan. .

I still await your link though.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 2:18am On Jan 21, 2009
Can I get a list of the rap groups you listen to?

Well let's see, RHCP(Red Hot Chili Peppers) is rock, what do you think of them?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by A40(m): 2:31am On Jan 21, 2009
Coldplay!! and yeah i like some Red Hot CHilli Pepper too not forgetting Linkin Park and Lenny Kravitz
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by justkunmi(m): 2:36am On Jan 21, 2009
i'm a big rock addict. Got almost 22 gig worth of songs, Rock songs making 80%. .
RCHP is cool, I Love Zephy Song, Carlifornication and Paper Tissue, Crazy songs. .

@Poster
Breaking Benjamin is a crazy band. Those guys are really into it. they sound like a blend of Hinder, RJA and Blink 182. nice mix.

currently feeling
Kamelot
Hawthorne Heights
Skillet
Within Temptation. .you'll love 'em if you like Evanescence .
Fallout Boy

@A40
Wats ur best Coldplay song?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Moonstone(f): 2:45am On Jan 21, 2009
I love Nickelback, Evanescence, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Linkin Park and Coldplay (I'm hopelessly addicted to Viva La Vida).
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by A40(m): 2:55am On Jan 21, 2009
justkunmi:

@A40
Wats ur best Coldplay song?

Clocks is definitely a timeless tune thats my favorite. . . . The Scientist and Speed of Sound are also great songs
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by A40(m): 3:36am On Jan 21, 2009
On bended knees begging for Forgiveness

How could i leave out U2!!!  shocked shocked shocked No Doubt too where good
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 6:40am On Jan 21, 2009
LOL!
Karma, if you want to suggest rock music to someone who's not particularly a fan, you don't start off with Fear Factory or Nine Inch Nails for that matter! cheesy

princesa:

This is ignorance at its best! undecided
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 12:01pm On Jan 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

LOL!

This is ignorance at its best! undecided

aint no ignorance woman, i know what am talking about
what's all those heavy metal music for, coupled with clueless try at sounding pleasant
they hardly have melodious voice, just tatoos, pierce skins and love for wild fun
i just dnt see myslf popping my head to that kind of music !undecided
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2009
and you tell me am ignorance or embarrasing myself
ya should go look for solutions before your demonic possession goes beyond control cool

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2009
they scare me real time embarassed

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
this is their king
the guy is possesed obviously and some one in their right sense whould say they are a fan of his
what are they bordering on . . . . . . . . embarassed

Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by gReenmAn(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2009
Rock is not a popular genre in Naija- you cant simply walk into a store and buy it. But I do manage to get my supply. Right from the eighties Aerosmith and Bon Jovi to the 00's Nickelback and Linkin Park, I love them all. Count me out of those gloomy ominous "Lamb of God" stuff though.
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2009
princesa:

aint no ignorance woman, i know what am talking about
what's all those heavy metal music for, coupled with clueless try at sounding pleasant
they hardly have melodious voice, just tatoos, pierce skins and love for wild fun
i just dnt see myslf popping my head to that kind of music !undecided

As opposed to the yansh and tits and outright sex they show in the middle of all your R and B videos. Kudos to demonism. undecided
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
atleast they are normal and show normal traits of human being not demons cool
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by eldee(m): 3:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
Alternative Rock/ Post Punk Revival does it just right for me
First, I get to see artistes in clothes I'll wear, with chicks I'll kiss anyday
And Alternative Rock kind of has this cool thing to it . . . the whole rock-star thingy with the headbanging message
I prefer Brit rockers though, rock is virtually the only type of music where bands from anywhere easily top the Billboard Charts, just speak Anglais and make a good song

My faves?? Kings of Leon, Keane, Snow Patrol, Linkin Park, Nirvana and yeah Artic Monkeys
Nickelback has to be the best Alternative Rock group of all time

@Princesa
New to rock? You should try Scouting for Girls, Keane and Linkin Park
It's like a rite of passage before you get hooked wink
And no, they don't dress like Marylin Manson
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 3:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
maybe, maybe not undecided
but on a surer decision, i wont
thanks cool
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by spikedcylinder: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2009
Princesa, you are daft sha. If you hate rock music, what are you doing in a fan thread or can you not read English?
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by princesa(f): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2009
The thread dint actually read "all fans of Rock meet here" so the daftness lady should be from your side, even at that i dont see why i should stay away even if it were fanatic fan club of demon-loving fans, you nor the creator of the thread owns this site nor have the right to curtail my movement and post round this site

but on a lighter note, you can just say am a girl who doesent want to see her fellows follow the wide and narrow way, A benevolent lass, if you would add tongue
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2009
and you tell me am ignorance

Rofl. Thanks for proving my point jare  grin

spikey dear, Fear Factory was for the OP! From the list he made, it's along the line of the kinda stuff he likes.

Lol I would never suggest such bands to fairweather rock fans

I usually go with the "ear friendly" ones like ColdPlay, RHCP, Radiohead, Linkin Park etc lol

Isnt it funny how the same people who go around calling rock music or should I say anything non Rap and R&B "demonic" are the same tarts that dance to

"hey bitch, wait to see my deek, I will beat that puzzy up"

*rolls eyes*
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by Wordsmith(m): 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2009
lol, ain't nothing demonic about that. . . it is what it is, ma tongue
Re: Aren't No Rock, Grunge, Heavy Metal Fans In Lagos by KarmaMod(f): 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2009
Wordsmith:

lol, ain't nothing demonic about that. . . it is what it is, ma tongue

why not sing that song at church then.

Keep fooling yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Music Meets Runway / Nigerian Artist Capable Of Winning Grammy? / Goldie Harvey - Say My Name ( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.