Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

How To Become A Mature Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Become A Mature Christian. (1911 Views)

URGENT: I Need The Responses Of Mature Holy-ghost-filled Christians!! / Only For Mature Christians And Muslims ( Misquote Verses in the Quran and Bible) / Please A Cry Out For Advise From Mature Christains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Mature Christian. by Drusilla(f): 6:40am On Jul 01, 2006
How to become an Mature Christian:

1. The Bible must be your first authority. This means that you will not believe nor think contrary to what is honestly revealed in scripture, to you.

2. For you scripture must not have private interpretations. So no claiming you can not see that Jesus was crying, when you read the scripture that says: Jesus Wept.

3. Realize that fruit grow, they do not appear. Do not use the bible to beat up other Christians who have not gotten there yet. Teach until you can teach no more and then let them be.

4. You must resist sin to the blood. This means you never publicly give yourself an excuse for sin. Your words should always be such that you say you regret and are trying to turn away from sin. No trying to biblically justify sin, just be sorrowful and honest about sin.

5. Do not return evil for evil. Return Good for evil. When called an name or your faith/honesty/spirit is called into question. Do not respond to this point. Do not defend yourself.

6. Do not prostitute the word of God. Do not use the word to back up your sin, your error. Lose the debate rather than use the word incorrectly and in vain.

7. Do not commit the sin of presumption. Do not say the Lord said, when the Lord has not said. Do not tell people they are going to hell or to heaven. Do not use the Lord's name as an brand name endorsement of what you want to do.
Re: How To Become A Mature Christian. by Drusilla(f): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2006
How many times had I heard it preached: "My people perish for a lack of knowledge."

With the interpretation being, that if people only KNEW the truth, they would follow it.

In reality the rest of the scripture says this:

Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

God's people purposely REJECT knowledge. It's not that they lack it, they just refuse to believe it.

People tend to reject knowledge particularily if it comes against the "religious tradition, doctrine or prophecy" they have been taught and believed for a long time.

At least that is what the bible shows in regards to the Pharisees et al.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Re: How To Become A Mature Christian. by lordimpaq(m): 1:43pm On Jul 01, 2006
that is exactly what is happening, its not as if they don't know about jesus christ, the fact is that they refuse to believe
Re: How To Become A Mature Christian. by tpia1: 12:54am On Jan 08, 2011
think before speaking.

ostensibly being a christian doesnt automatically make you smarter or wiser than a non-christian.
Re: How To Become A Mature Christian. by newmi(m): 1:14am On Jan 09, 2011
You become mature as a christian by studying the word of God and constantly learning to master the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
Re: How To Become A Mature Christian. by mabell: 7:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
Fellowship more with and in the spirit
study the word of God
Pray fervently
Forsake not the gathering of the saints

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Way To Heaven? / Image Of The Lord Jesus Christ Appears In Benin City / I Love How Jesus Is Gay And Bangs His Disciples - Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.