Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! (980 Views)

Obama To Reveal Isis Strategy – But Pledges 'no Iraq War' - The guardian / Barrack Obama's Grandmother Does A Victory Dance In Kenya(see Pics And Video) / Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by SeanT21(f): 4:42am On Sep 04, 2008
In an attempt at counter-programming John McCain's nomination acceptance speech, Barack Obama has agreed to appear tomorrow on The O'Reilly Factor, a popular programme on Rupert Murdoch's Fox News channel.

The Obama interview comes after months of behind-the-scenes peacemaking between the candidate and the Fox News chief Roger Ailes -- talks brokered by Murdoch himself. Widespread Democratic concern over the Murdoch channel's conservative slant had fuelled a de facto boycott of Fox News by the Obama camp.

Ailes told the Washington Post that Obama's concern during their face-to-face meeting was simple. "I just want to know if I'm going to get a fair shake from Fox News channel," he recalled the Democratic senator saying.

No matter how Obama handles an encounter with Bill O'Reilly, a programme host with a penchant for putting guests on the spot, the interview is sure to distract some attention from McCain's acceptance speech.

McCain embarked on effort to pull focus from Obama's convention speech last week, running a congratulatory advert that featured the Republican nominee speaking directly into the camera to his opponent.

While Obama warms to Fox News, no signs of a similar détente are appearing at the MSNBC network, which McCain and other high-profile Republicans have accused of favouring the Democratic nominee.

McCain's campaign manager, Rick Davis, wrote a letter to the president of MSNBC parent network NBC to protest against what he called "irresponsible" coverage of the Republican candidate.

Ailes described both MSNBC and CNN as "in the tank" for Obama, a notion disputed by executives at both stations.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by SeanT21(f): 4:43am On Sep 04, 2008
I Pray Obama murder O Rielly with his words!!! Cant wait!!
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by blackspade(m): 4:47am On Sep 04, 2008
I can't wait either, he should have went after that fool Sean Hannity too! grin
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Ibime(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2008
hmmmmm . . . . . O'Reilly is not to be messed with. . . .that guy can trip people up easily. . . if I was Obama, I would steer well clear of FOX News. . . . they don't even sound like a News Network. . . everytime I watch FOX, I feel I am watching Tabloid TV. . . .if CNN and NBC are biased toward the democrats, at least CNN and NBC are respected Worldwide as fair and concise news channels , whilst FOX News is viewed as a[b] joke[/b]. Their biased propaganda is obvious to any viewer.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by kaypumpin2(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2008
8pm eastern time its a must watch.I love Obama for teh timing mayne,this is gonna take some shine off McCain campaign , go obama.

Fox news go abt their slant and tilt to the right wout any professional touch really.Bunch of weed takers
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 04, 2008
Ibime:

hmmmmm . . . . . O'Reilly is not to be messed with. . . .that guy can trip people up easily. . . if I was Obama, I would steer well clear of FOX News. . . . they don't even sound like a News Network. . . everytime I watch FOX, I feel I am watching Tabloid TV. . . .if CNN and NBC are biased toward the democrats, at least CNN and NBC are respected Worldwide as fair and concise news channels , whilst FOX News is viewed as a[b] joke[/b]. Their biased propaganda is obvious to any viewer.

Actually, NBC leans towards the Dems.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Okijajuju1(m): 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2008
This has got to be interesting.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by nila07: 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ibime:

I think CNN is pretty fair to both parties. it just does not make sense to support the republicans in this time and day. cool
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
nila07:

I think CNN is pretty fair to both parties. it just does not make sense to support the republicans in this time and day. cool

That only started after the outcry from the public on how the media should not take sides. I have a pro-Obama friend who quit CNN because he felt the network was pushing it too far with it's left leaning logic as pertains the election. He lives in the UK, and confessed that that disturbed him quit a bit.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Ibime(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
Kobojunkie:

That only started after the outcry from the public on how the media should not take sides. I have a pro-Obama friend who quit CNN because he felt the network was pushing it too far with it's left leaning logic as pertains the election. He lives in the UK, and confessed that that disturbed him quit a bit.

What nonsense! We have been watching CNN since the 1980's in Nigeria. CNN is known as THE American channel. BBC even takes live feeds from ABC, NBC and CNN. . . . never from FOX! FOX is so far off, they don't even count anywhere outside America. CNN is smack bang in the centre of American politics. Only a FOX watcher like yourself would accuse CNN of bias.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by darfur(m): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2008
Kobojunkie:

abeg dude find a better lie tongue

pro-obama friend of kobojunkie must be some bloody obama hater grin

left CNN? was he an employee there? or he went for interview? this day and age someone left his job(high unemployment in the US o) and this information is coming from kobojunkie ( a top brat post hillary defeat republican of sudden on-set tongue

abeg find another tori cool
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by darfur(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2008
all the stuff about msnbc being pro obama, do you guys watch[i] morning joe[/i]?

from 6.00am - 9.00 am daily (ET) anchored by joe scarborough, a defeated republican. always anti obama. do you guys watch it?

only keith and rachel are core obama fans in msnbc.
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by Ibime(m): 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2008
darfur:

all the stuff about msnbc being pro obama, do you guys watch[i] morning joe[/i]?

from 6.00am - 9.00 am daily (ET) anchored by joe scarborough, a defeated republican. always anti obama. do you guys watch it?

only keith and rachel are core obama fans in msnbc.

Republicans always accuse any channel outside of FOX of being left-leaning. If you are in the centre of American politics, they still call you left leaning. They are just mad because NBC always expose FOX's ties to the Republicans. . . . the fact is that there is no left leaning channel in America to the extent that FOX is right-leaning. . . .
Re: Barrack Obama To Appear On Fox News! A Must Watched! by sartorius(m): 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
oreily was aggressive, watched part 1 and clips of part 2

(1) (Reply)

Mugabe Dares African Leaders! / Military-led Group Announces Coup In Guinea / Kenya - A Ticking Timebomb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.