Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Tragedy Of 100 Metres Olympics By Nigerian Athelets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tragedy Of 100 Metres Olympics By Nigerian Athelets (850 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy Of 100 Metres Olympics By Nigerian Athelets by markos: 8:33am On Sep 04, 2008
Taken from China times

Mr osuba- why did you perform woefully at the olympics, well as you know i am the Nigerian, African champion and record holder, i am also the world indoor 60M holder

the Olympics is another ball game, we were starved of funds right up to the olympics, we did not get training grants, our corrupt officials took us to Libya to get used to the Chinese weather

I mean, what country sends its top athelets to Libya who are not even competing at the olympics??

Mr osuba- At the olympics, we left Nigeria with 80 athelets and 120 officials, all sorts of Nigerian low lifes joining the olympic bandwagon posing as officials, i could have sworn that i saw our local butcher and fuckaniser parading as boxing and swimming coach respectively

That culture of excessiveness has to be stopped, In Beijing the officials went AWOL as soon as they touched down, apparently some were seen at the popular red light district of salitun, others were at silk street and ya show market and pearl market buying all kinds of fake goods

some other unnamed athelets shamelessly joined in the charade, most were so unfit, can you imagine, one of our male swimmers looked like he was in the shot put event, weighing over 15 stones, he will drown ke!!! apparently in the heats, the other swimmers had to stop him from drowning, this is supposed to be our national champion

Mr osuba- Do you know we had a shooter as well, first he could not even handle the special air rifle, apparently he nearly shot the judges of the contest!!!

Mr Osuba- Our boxers did not have any gloves as well, i heard one wanted to fight with his bare fists, can you believe that?

Well you seem to be criticising the other athelets, you did not fare well in your event

Mr Osuba-- well i prepared to the best of my ability but this year we had a killer squad from jamaica, Bolt and Powell

I was training with them , can remember, one heat, we decided to run between ourselves, can you believe Bolt performed 9.72, after that i lost hope, i said to Asafa and usain, i am only competing for third o!!!

In one heat, i was racing against Bolt, can you believe, he jogged after 20 metres, the rest of us were running so hard, he made a mockery of our efforts, he still led a gap of at least 40 metres, now tell me Nigerians, how on earth are you supposed to catch a man like that

After the finals, we went out to celebrate with him, we exchanged emails, hotmail, facebook, he invited me to jamaica, i am even considering to ask him to be my new coach or change nationality to jamaican, its not like Nigerians will miss me ke!!

On our way home, can you believe 50 officials, did not make the flight back to Nigeria, apparently they did not know the olympics was over

that just sums up Nigeria for you!!

Chinatimes@2008

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea's New Coach: Ancelotti / How Do I Watch Hell In A Cell Live / Denmark Dana Cup 2014 Registration With L & M Football Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.