Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! (5051 Views)

The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin / Sarah Palin Is A Mistake / Mccain Picks Sarah Palin As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by JeSoul(f): 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2008
KarmaMod:

Why is that people assume that everyone that makes fun of Republicans/Palin situation must be an Obama fiend? Give me a break.
Well I did say 99% . . . perhaps you're in the 1 objective %, but it seems guilty conscience betrayed you here  cool

and what exactly is it about her that is so "Christian"? because she's "pro-life" and anti sex education? That's what makes a Christian? seriously?
 My dear a quick wikipedia and ask.com or cnn.com or foxnews.com search will show you her history and choices and stance on certain issues, that's what makes her christian not just that she says she's one.

How about the fact that she said the Iraq War was a reward for God?
a statement that I disagree with but that's not enough to irrationally dismiss everything else she's done or stands for.

or the madness of her trying to get her ex brother in law in trouble so her sister can get sole custody of their kids?
 an allegation that has not been proven that is being propagated as fact by those who dislike her.

Running her mouth about O being merely a community organizer? since when is that a sin, without them this country would be complete garbage.
 He first took a jab at her, she defended herself by saying in comparison to her mayor responsibilities, a community org is lesser. Please provide the quote where she 'ran her mouth' in a derogatory way?

Point is she hasnt wowed anyone so far cept you JeSoul  tongue Her speech on Tuesday was ridiculous and lacked any significance. It was like that of a cheerleader of a prep rally.
 lol  smiley . . . millions of Americans all over the country are blogging and writing and loving her, 80% approval rating in her gov state . . . if you think Jesoul is the only one who likes her, well, I'll leave you to persist in that illusion. cool

You know its okay if you don't like Palin, it really is smiley that's your perogative and I don't sweat u for that.

Anyway we shall see how she does on the debates.
Indeed we will. And if she's nothin more than an a hockey mom, it will be shown too.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
I have debated by your side and in your face a number of times on this forum. I must confess, this is the most ridiculous statement that ever came from you. It potrays you as nothing but an egocentric sexists who cannot see beyond skirts and pants. How dare you make such a statement? You demean not just her, but every woman out there. You really need to apologise for that statement. That shouldn't be too hard to do since we are in a political climate - apologies flow like its going out of business grin

Bros, i dont agree with you AT ALL AT ALL. Before Palin, there was Hillary Clinton . . . there was NO doubt in my mind she was perfectly qualified to be president. Obama merely won the primary by the skin of his teeth because the Democrats were wowed by a new face. Secretly i was disappointed hillary wasnt picked for the VP slot, i thought she brought a lot more than Biden.

I ask again . . . what has Palin brought to the republican table? It is a valid question, to hide behind it being sexist is a typical republican stunt.

Tayo-D:

What she brings to the table is a record of achievement never before seen in Alaska. Within two years of being a Gov, she turned the States deficit into surplus, took on the big oil that even Bush has shied away from. She renogotiated long standing deals with them that didn't favor her State. She had so much money in hand that every Alaskan citizen received a check of at least $1,600. Remember the tax rebate checks we got? Bush, Congress and Obama Senate sourced for that money from China. Palin on the other hand never borrowed a dime. And by the way, she did all this while cutting taxes.

Blah blah blah . . . were did you copy all this from? You do know what stretching the truth is dont you? Read this:
Some of Palin's remarks stretch the truth

Tayo-D:

And compared to the other "privates-wielding" Govs (excuse my pun), she has the highest approval rating in the country.

After 2 yrs in office (april 2003), George Bush had an approval rating of 75%. Lets just vote him in for a 3rd term then.

Tayo-D:

This is the same Palin that fought and defeated an incumbent 2 term Republican Governor, same for a 20 year career democratic former Gov of Alaska. This is the same girl that stood up to Ted Stevens, the longest serving Republican Senator, and you think she will shy away from anyone? I like the way you underestimate her. The only person comparable to her is Senator McCain. Please tell us how many times Obama and Biden have stood up to their Parties to demand change? Like McCain said, he and Palin are running on a record, but Biden and Obama are running on rhetorics even though they've had ample opportunities to make the change they are now mouthing to further their careers.
You might want to go through my submission above.

Palin "running on a record"?  grin This man, drink some iced tea pls, your temperature is too high.
Who has Palin stood up to and what change did she demand? Selling a plane on ebay?  cheesy

Tayo-D:

The theme of this race is "change". Like I mentioned above and proved, Palin has a record while Biden does not.
And where was Obama? Wallowing in the mud?

The theme of OBAMA's campaign is change. The theme of McCain's campaign was EXPERIENCE until he saw he could help himself with some stealing of ideas.

I ask myself, how can republicans be claiming the idea of "change"? Just who is in the white house? A green party candidate?  shocked cheesy
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by bawomolo(m): 4:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
The theme of this race is "change". Like I mentioned above and proved, Palin has a record while Biden does not.

palin has a record more than joe biden?? can u explain more on this.

Palin appeals to me as an honest, diehard, everyday woman, who's not afraid to fight the status quo

she is knowledgable on energy but what else, she spent more time talking about obama the community rather than explaining her view points. i think mccain should shut his yap about the foreign policy argument now that he has appointed a relative unknown.

Who has Palin stood up to and what change did she demand? Selling a plane on ebay?

she flip-flopped on the alaskan bridge to nowhere issue, she supported it during her campaign then dumped it after entering office. sarah palin gotta be nigerian grin
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
JeSoul:

I have noticed a trend:
99% of Obamaniacs see nothing praiseworthy in Palin. Hmm . . . any small wonder why? Objectivity in politics is so rare these days as viewpoints are frequently clouded by peoples emotions. As such is the case with oga David in this post.

Its the same on both sides of the river my dear. We'll see why you love Palin . . . emotion or hard cold facts?

JeSoul:

The zeal to coronate Obama president is pulling scales over their eyes as to what Palin has accomplished in her few years in politics and her potential to be so much more. Even if you think she's not 'qualified' to be running, at least be honest enough to recognize what she's done in her few years in office, whether its a small state or not.

We havent said Palin hasnt done anything in office, perhaps we are just shocked to the marrows at republican hypocrisy. For people who shamelessly borrowed Clinton's 3am call ad to now pick an even worse candidate on the theme of experience as VP? What if McCain dies tomorrow? Palin would be the face of America? You think Ahmedinejad and Assad play hockey?

If Obama pulls out tomorrow, i'd still be solidly behind Clinton.

JeSoul:

I don't see any use in 'debating' her credentials because both sides will see it differently. However I'll say that while I'm not a McCain fan, Palin appeals to me as an honest, diehard, everyday woman, who's not afraid to fight the status quo.

There are millions of people who appeal to you as honest, die-hard, everyday women . . . shld they automatically be president?

JeSoul:

She's a christian, so yes I admit I am prejudiced by that too. I trip for other christians who don't apologize or repent for their biblically based beliefs whether or not they are popular.

Long story . . . "christians" my foot! I suppose excusing fornication and having 17yr old pregnant but unmarried daughters is your idea of Christ-like attitude. Everyone can claim to be "christian" . . . its the republican gambit.
Bush came to office too clinging his gideon's bible.

JeSoul:

Obviously she will not appeal to everyone, but I have a hunch that those being drawn to her far outnumber those she might polarize. If she loses along with Mcsame in Nov, she will come back in 8yrs n run for President n win, I hope.  cool

They are drawn for what reasons? that she plays hockey and has a rifle? For someone who just got a US passport in 2007 and has never been outside her native USA . . . this is a shocking pick.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by bawomolo(m): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2008
ron paul was the change guy not mccain the maverick. wetin be change about some agbalagba. not that obama should be taken all that seriously with his change talk.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by TayoD1(m): 4:46pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Davidylan,

Bros, i don't agree with you AT ALL AT ALL. Before Palin, there was Hillary Clinton . . . there was NO doubt in my mind she was perfectly qualified to be president.
Clinton qualified to be president? On what basis, being a former First lady?

Obama merely won the primary by the skin of his teeth because the Democrats were wowed by a new face. Secretly i was disappointed hillary wasnt picked for the VP slot, i thought she brought a lot more than Biden.
that shows Obama's poor judgement don't you think?

I ask again . . . what has Palin brought to the republican table? It is a valid question, to hide behind it being sexist is a typical republican stunt.
Oh my goodness. This is someone who does in one night what McCain could not do in months - energize the base and unite the RNC while throwing the DNC into confusion.

Blah blah blah . . . were did you copy all this from? You do know what stretching the truth is don't you? Read this: Some of Palin's remarks stretch the truth
You obviously don't know jack about this woman. If you were in engineering, you will understand that design can take years before construction is done. Palin never mentioned anything about construction being started, which is the lie that the paper you referenced is propagating. You are more intelligent to not point this out. Are you that biased to see this?

As per the bridge to nowhere, the bottom line is that she vetoed it after standing up against very special interests. You want me to itmeise how many times Obama has flip-flopped, all without achieving anything of purpose?

After 2 years in office (april 2003), George Bush had an approval rating of 75%. Lets just vote him in for a 3rd term then.
So you know the future enough to show us what will happen to Palin? She's shown enough proof that she is principled and walks by her principles. That we do not see with Obama.

Palin "running on a record"? This man, drink some iced tea please, your temperature is too high.
Who has Palin stood up to and what change did she demand? Selling a plane on ebay?
So you failed to read my submissions earlier. Please go back and re-read. You obviously were in a hurry to reply that you skipped over what you are responding to.

The theme of OBAMA's campaign is change. The theme of McCain's campaign was EXPERIENCE until he saw he could help himself with some stealing of ideas.
His theme was not experience but was and remains "Country First". Country first will be a change in washington where people like Obama are more loyal to their Party than their country.

I ask myself, how can republicans be claiming the idea of "change"? Just who is in the white house? A green party candidate?
Bush is not McCain in as mush as Rev Wright is not Obama. Get it?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by TayoD1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
@bamolowo,

palin has a record more than joe biden?? can u explain more on this.
Please read my submissions again. I mention record of making changes, standing up to special interests and not submitting to the status quo. Biden's eldest son is a lobbyist and even though they are talking about not changing lobbying in Washington, what have they done about it? Biden was quoted as saying that Lobbying isn't wrong and yet he wants to bring change to washington? Palin on the other hand has stood up to her Party, the Democrats, and big Oil. When did biden do that?

Does Biden have an Executive experience or record like Palin? The answer is NO!!
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
The Repubs are bringing in more of the same. Whatever they go around spouting on TV, they share the same ideology with GWB.

@JeSoul
What's the so called "she is  christian" nonsense. So is Obama, Biden and Mccain(the adulterer). She is Christian fanatic(and a hypocritical one at that). The only difference between her fanatical nonsense and people like Bin laden is that she does not want anyone dead over it. Instead it should be forced on people by using the government. I share some hard line christian views too, that does not means I should be her supporter, or belong to some party because some of there religious views are the same with mine.

"honest, diehard, everyday woman, who's not afraid to fight the status quo."
Give me a break. In washington, Repubs fight Dems, and Dems fight Repubs. She not an everyday woman, most of our mums are everyday women. they played major roles in our lives while we grew up. Fact is, being a politician is not a 9 to 5 job.

I dislike Palin, do not assume I am an Obama supporter for that. I have some negative views of the man, but that not we are talking about here. And anyway, the country chooses to run a 2 party system.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
Clinton qualified to be president? On what basis, being a former First lady?

and Palin's got more qualifications to be president based on 18 months as governor and a few yrs as mayor of Wasila?  cheesy

Tayo-D:

that shows Obama's poor judgement don't you think?

It simply shows his strength of character. Getting the best hands on deck is a lot more important than winning. McCain's on the other hand shows a dangerous error of judgement.

Tayo-D:

Oh my goodness. This is someone who does in one night what McCain could not do in months - energize the base and unite the RNC while throwing the DNC into confusion.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy

Tayo-D:

You obviously don't know jack about this woman. If you were in engineering, you will understand that design can take years before construction is done. Palin never mentioned anything about construction being started, which is the lie that the paper you referenced is propagating. You are more intelligent to not point this out. Are you that biased to see this?

"I fought to bring about the largest private-sector infrastructure project in North American history. And when that deal was struck, we began a nearly forty billion dollar natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence. . . ."

open eye bros.

Tayo-D:

As per the bridge to nowhere, the bottom line is that she vetoed it after standing up against very special interests.

Not true.

Tayo-D:

You want me to itmeise how many times Obama has flip-flopped, all without achieving anything of purpose?

McCain's flipflops are at my fingertips too. Plenty of them.

Tayo-D:

So you know the future enough to show us what will happen to Palin? She's shown enough proof that she is principled and walks by her principles.

It wasnt proof of what she will likely end up to be in future but enough proof to throw your claims of "she has the highest approval rating of all governors" into the thrash can where it belongs. Bush had a 75% approval rating 5 yrs ago . . . where is he today? Palin may end up to be different but you dont build your house on mere hope.

What proof has she shown? I cant see it . . . pls tell me.

Tayo-D:

That we do not see with Obama.

FACT - you didnt know Palin until last week. What proof did you see in her WITHIN ONE WEEK that you never saw in Obama?

Tayo-D:

His theme was not experience but was and remains "Country First". Country first will be a change in washington where people like Obama are more loyal to their Party than their country.

flipflopping here are we?  grin I thot you said his message was change.
His message was never "country first", it was simply a spin off of his experience from being a POW. Who told you Bush isnt putting country first? Are the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting for his family alone?

What is your proof that Obama is more loyal to party than country? If he were then clinton would have been his VP pick . . .
How can McCain be touting a change in washington? Is the present government democrat?

Tayo-D:

Bush is not McCain in as mush as Rev Wright is not Obama. Get it?

We've heard McCain talk of "enemies" - pls see "axis of evil".
We've heard McCain talk of energy policy - its the same thing - drill, drill and then drill some more.
We've heard McCain on Iraq - we'll stay there for 100 yrs.

What else?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by bawomolo(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
alin on the other hand has stood up to her Party, the Democrats, and big Oil.

translation all we have against palin is the fight with big Oil, the focus falls on energy alone again. wasn't it joe biden that helped pass the violence against women's act. here is a little except for u,

in 1986, Biden introduced the first bill designed to limit global warming pollution, the Global Climate Protection Act. In recent years, he has held Foreign Affairs Committee hearings on the national-security implications of global warming

[url]http://www.pewclimate.org/docUploads/S%20Res%20312%20as%20passed%20by%20SFRC%20May%2023%2006.pdf[/url]

biden has criticized oil companies too

From his post on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Biden has been a harsh critic of the oil industry. In a 2006 hearing on rising oil prices and energy industry mergers, Biden asked executives from ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, and other companies if they thought they should keep getting $2.8 billion in federal subsidies at a time of record profits.

now let's talk about foreign policy experience

During his 35 years in the Senate, Biden has been most active on the Foreign Relations Committee, which he now chairs

Does Biden have an Executive experience or record like Palin? The answer is NO!!

someone that has been a senator for 35yrs, once chairman of the DNC is definitely lacking compared to a former mayor turned governor of a state of 600,000.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by BigB11(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
Palin recently said that the war in Iraq is "God's task." She's even admitted she hasn't thought about the war much—just last year she was quoted saying, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." 1, 2
Palin has actively sought the support of the fringe Alaska Independence Party. Six months ago, Palin told members of the group—who advocate for a vote on secession from the union—to "keep up the good work" and "wished the party luck on what she called its 'inspiring convention.'" 3
Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools. She hasn't made clear whether she thinks evolution is a fact.4
Palin doesn't believe that humans contribute to global warming. Speaking about climate change, she said, "I'm not one though who would attribute it to being manmade." 5
Palin has close ties to Big Oil. Her inauguration was even sponsored by BP. 6
Palin is extremely anti-choice. She doesn't even support abortion in the case of rape or incest. 7
Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches. 8
As mayor, Palin tried to ban books from the library. Palin asked the library how she might go about banning books because some had inappropriate language in them—shocking the librarian, Mary Ellen Baker. According to Time, "news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor." 9
She DID support the Bridge to Nowhere (before she opposed it). Palin claimed that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. But in 2006, Palin supported the project repeatedly, saying that Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist." 10
The plain fact of the matter is that Sarah Palin did a bang-up job delivering a Karl Rove-style political attack speech last night. That makes her a skilled politician but it doesn't make her views any more palatable for voters. Americans don't really want another far-right, anti-science ideologue in the White House.

From Moveon.Org
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by darfur(m): 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2008
hey hey hey hey hey, no more criticism of palin plssssssssssssssssssssssssss angry

u guys thinks it's easy to be gov and have a baby with down syndrome?
and play hockey too
and have a son in irag?
and be mayor of a town with 7,000 people, a whole 7000 do you know what 7,000people means? that is a whole town and she was the mayor o. e no easy. that is bigger than the population of 3 secondary schools in nigeria. do you think it's easy? and she has five kids too. pls this is the person america needs. an experienced person with executive experience and foreign policy experience. she also has experience being commander in chief of alaskan national guard which has soooooo many men and women in uniform for their country.

anyone here who criticises palin is a wicked angry sexist liberal. and this woman is off limits. after-all she is more experienced than obama and biden combined. and she'll bring in change too, as well as women. the change america craves for------low taxes, roe vs wade reversal, gun-boat-diplomacy foreign policy, economic growth of big companies and of course . . drill drill drill . . . . , she knows it all.

kobojunkie, can we be friends now? wink
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by TayoD1(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Bawolomo,

translation all we have against palin is the fight with big Oil, the focus falls on energy alone  again. wasn't it joe biden that helped pass the violence against women's act. here is a little except for u,
Energy alone. She balanced the budget and even had excess within two years in office. isn't energy independence America's biggest challenge now?

Please don't get me wrong. Biden has indeed done some work but how many times has he stood up to special interests and what kind of change can he bring that he has not done all these years in Washington. Last I checked, he is not the one termed the maverick.

biden has criticized oil companies too
Bamolowo, every and any body can criticize. However, the only person who not only criticised but did something about it was Palin. Obama criticised the Iraq war, but when it was time to vote for a winnignstrategy as the 'surge", he got it wrong.

someone that has been a senator for 35yrs, once chairman of the DNC is definitely lacking compared to a former mayor turned governor of a state of 600,000.
Absolutely. You want to compare her budget and the staff to what biden has to offer?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Ibime(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2008
Again, we see the Republicans being sidetracked by inconsequential issues such as abortion, right to bear arms, clinging to religion debate, national security etc. . . . all these are redneck issues that have nothing to do with politics. . . . like I told 4Play the other day, I can never support Republicans because they play to their small town, redneck, pseudo-racist base too much. . . . . whatever argument the Republicans have to bring on big/small government, tax cuts, economic stimulation is undermined by these racial, religious and bigoted political machinations. . . . .do Americans realise that they are an anomaly in the civilised World?. . . . certainly, no European country fights elections on these neanderthal arguments. . . . infact, American politics is backward. . . . . it is noticable that European TV networks take live feeds from ABC, NBC, CNN. . . . but never from FOX News. . . . this proves how outdated the small town Republican mentality is.

Good speech by McCain. Very moderate, very conciliatory and he even acknowledged that hurtful barbs will be thrown during the campaign - but that is the nature of the game.

Palin's speech on the other hand was a pathetic joke. The speech was simply "Please like me, I have small town, mentality". Does she think that anyone outside USA gives a phock about her small town mentality? I do not see World leaders being able to associate or relate to her views.

People like Tayo-D who didn't know much about Palin before this VP ticket are suddenly vouching for her character like they have known her all their life. 5 days is a bit short to know someone. . . . . this is proof that mothaphockas are making decisions based on party politics. . . .

The Experience debate: McCain is experienced and well respected, no doubt. However, if the Republicans were that concerned about experience, they should have chosen him over George Bush in 2000. Should we expect that the man the Republicans have constantly overlooked for eons is now suddenly the best man to take America forward? If he is the man now, he was the man in 2000, yet you submitted George Bush to the nation. Therefore, your current submission is rejected!  angry

On top of that, we are missing a fundamental issue: Who has more leverage on the International stage? McCain came to Europe quietly and left quietly - we didn't even know he was here. Infact, they would have had to hire a crowd if he wanted to give a speech. Obama came and politicians were fighting themselves over who is going to hold a press call with him. Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron were literally falling over themselves to make sure that he would come and see them first. E remain small, they would have allowed him to give a speech on the steps of Downing Street. It was the same in France with Nicola Sarkozy. In Germany, he spoke to multitudes. People are invigorated by him. He already has positive credit even before he enters any diplomatic situation, anywhere in the world. John McCain has negative credit, both in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

Drill baby Drill!
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by darfur(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2008
[s]i just wonder why obama was torn apart by media whe they say he is not well known and cant be trusted, now people want toknow about palin and what we find is uncomfortable and they cry sexism. mayor of a city that has less population than portsmouth fc stadium and no intention for national leadership until 6 days ago is better prepared that one who is senator of a big state and has been in the race for nearly two yrs and has managed the best campaign in american history. ok kwa o[/s] . .  lipsrsealed  sorry kobo, i didnt mean that embarassed
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tayo-D:

@bamolowo,
Please read my submissions again. I mention record of making changes, standing up to special interests and not submitting to the status quo. Biden's eldest son is a lobbyist and even though they are talking about not changing lobbying in Washington, what have they done about it? Biden was quoted as saying that Lobbying isn't wrong and yet he wants to bring change to washington? Palin on the other hand has stood up to her Party, the Democrats, and big Oil. When did biden do that?

Against Big Oil, but "drill baby drill!!". Am I missing something here. Na small oil wan do the drilling abi?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Ibime(m): 5:57pm On Sep 05, 2008
khai_khai:

Against Big Oil, but "drill baby drill!!". Am I missing something here. Na small oil wan do the drilling abi?

lol
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2008
Palin never said she was against Big Oil. She actually made it clear that she works with them in her state.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by comechop(m): 6:05pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hmmm what can I say,
I am embarrassed, ashamed, somewhat shocked at some responses here.
First of Daviddylan.
I gotta say man, i've always respected your posts and insights and everything else. But this one, you have really gone over-board here.
TO think that you cant even carry out a decent discussion/argument without bringing in the whole sexist thing here, and say that the only thing that Palin brings is her V, na? Are you serious dude?
What a disappointment.

Believe me, Obama was WISE very wise not to choose Clinton as a VP. THat would hav brought so much discord in the already divided party. And i;m sure that gives you a headache right there.
And the Palin choice was nothing short of brilliant, if you take a second to analyze it objectively.

Some pple would view Palin as a 'clinton replacement'. Although the would not do much to woo die hard women clinton fans, she would do something.

AND ANYONE THAT CRITISIZES PALIN BASED ON HER EXPERIENCE IS THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE EVER.

To say/suggest that OBAMA (not the VP choice but the PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE) has more experience than PALIN is a JOKE! What a jokester!!!

You man demean and downplay the role of being a MAYOR, and then a GOVERNOR of ALASKA, but man you are just decieving yourself. The experience that you garner in such a role, albeit for a short while is priceless.
And is something that Obama, the PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE can never boast of.

Palin does a lot of things for the repubs.
She's brought the enthusiasm n fire in the repubs party like none other. She has taken off some of the criticisms and spotlight off Mr. McCAIN which was very smart.
She's hot, sexy and beautiful. Did you see her on the night of the repub party?

She rivals Obama's credentials in many aspects.
If all you OBAMAMANIACS would get out of the craze for a sec, then maybe you would see things in a different and objective light.

Now i am not votin in this election, but you all should just take a chill time and think for yourselves for a beat instead of this obamacraze and palinhatred.

Jeez.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Bawolomo,
Energy alone. She balanced the budget and even had excess within two years in office. isn't energy independence America's biggest challenge now?

and Palin's "drill away" is your own best solution?  grin

Tayo-D:

Please don't get me wrong. Biden has indeed done some work but how many times has he stood up to special interests and what kind of change can he bring that he has not done all these years in Washington.

Let me ask a question here - can any one of these Palin appologists give us ONE SPECIFIC DETAILED EXAMPLE where she "stood up to special interests"?

I'm tired of regurgitating right wing talking points.  shocked

Tayo-D:

Please don't get me wrong. Biden has indeed done some work but how many times has he stood up to special interests  and what kind of change can he bring that he has not done all these years in Washington.

Isnt this exactly the case against McCain? What "change" is he crying about? Isnt it the same republican government in power or has Bush switched parties?

Tayo-D:

Bamolowo, every and any body can criticize. However, the only person who not only criticised but did something about it was Palin. Obama criticised the Iraq war, but when it was time to vote for a winning strategy as the 'surge", he got it wrong.

He didnt get anything wrong. The surge on its own didnt work, what worked was the Sunni's got tired of killing each other and stood up to fight alqaeda. Why hasnt such a similar surge worked in Afghanistan?

Abegi we are tired of repeating same old republican lies.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by comechop(m): 6:08pm On Sep 05, 2008
Big B1:

Palin recently said that the war in Iraq is "God's task." She's even admitted she hasn't thought about the war much—just last year she was quoted saying, "I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." 1, 2
Palin has actively sought the support of the fringe Alaska Independence Party. Six months ago, Palin told members of the group—who advocate for a vote on secession from the union—to "keep up the good work" and "wished the party luck on what she called its 'inspiring convention.'" 3
Palin wants to teach creationism in public schools. She hasn't made clear whether she thinks evolution is a fact.4
Palin doesn't believe that humans contribute to global warming. Speaking about climate change, she said, "I'm not one though who would attribute it to being manmade." 5
Palin has close ties to Big Oil. Her inauguration was even sponsored by BP. 6
Palin is extremely anti-choice. She doesn't even support abortion in the case of rape or incest. 7
Palin opposes comprehensive sex-ed in public schools. She's said she will only support abstinence-only approaches. 8
As mayor, Palin tried to ban books from the library. Palin asked the library how she might go about banning books because some had inappropriate language in them—shocking the librarian, Mary Ellen Baker. According to Time, "news reports from the time show that Palin had threatened to fire Baker for not giving "full support" to the mayor." 9
She DID support the Bridge to Nowhere (before she opposed it). Palin claimed that she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the infamous Bridge to Nowhere. But in 2006, Palin supported the project repeatedly, saying that Alaska should take advantage of earmarks "while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist." 10
The plain fact of the matter is that Sarah Palin did a bang-up job delivering a Karl Rove-style political attack speech last night. That makes her a skilled politician but it doesn't make her views any more palatable for voters. Americans don't really want another far-right, anti-science ideologue in the White House.

From Moveon.Org

OK THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST BS's I've read on nairaland. I'm not even gonna go analyze everything, sentence by sentence, i'm just appalled (sp?) that someone would copy/paste this junk from a website and bring it here. Its just like believing everything that one reads on foxnews.
Ridiculous
And uh, btw, EVOLUTION is not a fact, and never will be a fact. Go back to your science classes. Not to beat a dead horse, but something that can never be proven can never be a fact. Period.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2008
comechop:

Hmmm what can I say,
I am embarrassed, ashamed, somewhat shocked at some responses here.
First of Daviddylan.
I gotta say man, i've always respected your posts and insights and everything else. But this one, you have really gone over-board here.
TO think that you can't even carry out a decent discussion/argument without bringing in the whole sexist thing here, and say that the only thing that Palin brings is her V, na? Are you serious dude?
What a disappointment.

comechop, this is water off a duck's back. Don Stewart said it best (you shld see his show) - levelling criticism is not being sexist.

Most of the republican base have known Palin for just 5 days, what do the know about her?

comechop:

AND ANYONE THAT CRITISIZES PALIN BASED ON HER EXPERIENCE IS THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE EVER.

To say/suggest that OBAMA (not the VP choice but the PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE) has more experience than PALIN is a JOKE! What a jokester!!!

get the crux of the matter right. We havent criticised Palin over experience, we have simply asked our resident republicans here (Tayo-D for example) and McCain to explain to us why of all people they decided to choose an inexperienced woman to run on a ticket they had for so long prided on experience.

Where they not the same people bashing us to provide evidence of Obama's experience? All of a sudden experience no longer matters?

comechop:

You man demean and downplay the role of being a MAYOR, and then a GOVERNOR of ALASKA, but man you are just decieving yourself. The experience that you garner in such a role, albeit for a short while is priceless.
And is something that Obama, the PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE can never boast of.

You also overplay the role of being a mayor. So every mayor of a village in America is now qualified to be president? Haba

comechop:

Palin does a lot of things for the repubs.
She's brought the enthusiasm n fire in the repubs party like none other. She has taken off some of the criticisms and spotlight off Mr. McCAIN which was very smart.

This is what she brings to the republican ticket? comechop, i am more disappointed in you.

comechop:

She rivals Obama's credentials in many aspects.

Obama graduated magna cum laude from Harvard law school and was president of Harvard law review. Palin has a deg in journalism from Idaho. Pls dont get ahead of urself here.

comechop:

If all you OBAMAMANIACS would get out of the craze for a sec, then maybe you would see things in a different and objective light.

e.g. that being hot, sexy and beautiful is the qualifications to the white house? Pls can we nominate Jessica simpson?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2008
She balanced the budget and even had excess within two years in office. isn't energy independence America's biggest challenge now?

because the budget of alaska a state with oil revenue and low population density is more hard to deal with than the budget of a state like Illinois.

the funny thing is that most of posters including me u call obamamaniacs have actually criticized obama.

Bamolowo, every and any body can criticize. However, the only person who not only criticised but did something about it was Palin. Obama criticised the Iraq war, but when it was time to vote for a winnignstrategy as the 'surge", he got it wrong.

chei na wa for this history revisionism o. make i pull the bills and acts wey biden don support.

http://grist.org/feature/2007/08/29/biden_factsheet/

From his post on the Senate Judiciary Committee, Biden has been a harsh critic of the oil industry. In a 2006 hearing on rising oil prices and energy industry mergers, Biden asked executives from ExxonMobil, Chevron, BP, and other companies if they thought they should keep getting $2.8 billion in federal subsidies at a time of record profits.

i was in support of the surge too but please this is a topic about sarah palin and joe biden's experience not obama's flaws.

Absolutely. You want to compare her budget and the staff to what biden has to offer?

i thought the debate was about experience and not staff, are we diverting here.

no na the native alaskans go use konga drill am

yeye man, na dormitila go kill u grin grin

And uh, between, EVOLUTION is not a fact, and never will be a fact. Go back to your science classes.

and the noble award for science goes too comechop
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
comechop:

TO think that you can't even carry out a decent discussion/argument without bringing in the whole sexist thing here, and say that the only thing that Palin brings is her V, na? Are you serious dude?
What a disappointment.

Mister. I bet you your statement is seen as sexist to some. Because both statements border around the same point. Her being a woman on the ticket. Just that one statement seems more. . . . . raw.

edit: davidylan don talk am.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
Don Stewart calls out on republican hypocrisy

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2l45yu9vMA&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by comechop(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2008
Ah!
See this guys want to kill me o because I said Palin is hot, sexy and beautiful lol is that the only thing ya'll saw in my posts!
I never said that was a qualification for her to be president, i Just said it as a matter of fact!
Obama has a very beautiful family too, it doesnt qualify him to be president.

And oh, Mr David, my point on bringin up Palin's experience, albeit limited, was to point out that in that sense, Obama has nothing on her. Period.

And So flippin what if Obama graduated Magna from HARVARD? Lol what a joke. So what? Is that HIS own qualifications.
Believe me, if that were the case, i'm sure you and I would be running also for the big seat. One's graduation should not be as big as an issue as we're pushin for it to be,

One more thing I forgot to mention, lol I heard that Since Obama was in the senate he voted PRESENT, lol yes you heard me right, he voted PRESENT on over 143 cases lol hahahaha
what a joke, he knew where he was going to, and did not want to make his stand very clear. That is the cruz of many politicians, keep things as cloudy as possible.
I mean, who votes PRESENT?? Its either YAY or NAY, but he voted PRESENT hahahaha lol think about that one for a sec lol what a joke.

And yea If i see something wrong w Palin, I say it, same w Obama. I dont hate either of them, I just try to be objective in my arguments.
And yes, i'll repeat myself.
Sarah Palin looked very sexy and beautiful on the repud party day thingy. That is not sexist in any form. What the heck is wrong w you guys?

And 2 more things, David, there is a difference, a line btw leveling criticism, and then outright sexism and degrading of women. How you started off, and what you called her was in no form criticism, that was outright degrading, and thats not cool my brother.

Secondlt, to Mr. Bawomolo, you didnt really say much there. Evolution is a theory simply put.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by darfur(m): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2008
george washington, abi lincoln, JFK, john adams, harry truman etc great american presidents, were never governors.

bush snr was not a governor and he had great military judgement.

bush jnr was a gov, cater was a gov(?), no so good presidents.  what is this wahala about governors that makes them better prepared than anyone else. presidency is about judgement. obama has showed in recent times that he's got what it takes. take away his black skin and replace it with white skin and hillary would never have got I8 million votes (perhaps she'll get a few from people like kobo)

McCain is a good man, i have always said so. but the republicans are running his campaign. karl rove is there. the henchmen are there with him. it will be another repulican policy. 4 more yrs of failed economic and foreing policy.

well, he may well win, no stress, but then america has never had it sooo good in an election yr . . .where there is a mighty difference in both options. so big a difference that you wonder why some people are still undecided. left to me, all undecided voters should not be allowed to vote.
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
roflmao!!!!
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by TayoD1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 05, 2008
@Davidylan,

and Palin's "drill away" is your own best solution?
it's part of the solution. Nuclear, clean coal and all renewables are on the table. Obama does not support all of these. if drilling isn't part of the solution, we might as well stop importing our oil na.  

Let me ask a question here - can any one of these Palin appologists give us ONE SPECIFIC DETAILED EXAMPLE where she "stood up to special interests"?
Since you have failed to read some of the things I've said so far, how about the "bridge to no where"? What about the renegotiation of the oil deals in Alaska when she became a Gov? Please tell us what Obama has done.

Isnt this exactly the case against McCain? What "change" is he crying about? Isnt it the same republican government in power or has Bush switched parties?
I'm sure you know what it means to be called a maverick. That is your answer right there.

He didnt get anything wrong. The surge on its own didnt work, what worked was the Sunni's got tired of killing each other and stood up to fight alqaeda. Why hasnt such a similar surge worked in Afghanistan?
Even Obama took this stand until yesterday when he confesse on the O'Reilly show that the surge has worked beyong anybody's wildest dream. What you and him need to understand is that the surge worked as planned, but people like McCain. So who is wrong here, you or Obama.

Abegi we are tired of repeating same old republican lies.
So is Obama now repeating RNC lies too?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by darfur(m): 6:36pm On Sep 05, 2008
david,

stop arguing with these guys. jon stewart has said it all. the republican hypocrisy grin grin grin grin grin grin

kobojunkie and tayo-D, response please. rspond to the jon stewart discovery of republican methodology grin

yeye grin
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by TayoD1(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
@darfur,

kobojunkie and tayo-D, response please. rspond to the jon stewart discovery of republican methodology
You don't really want to talk about hypicrisy do you. You don't want to talk about Obama's supposedly personal pro-life stance, but pro-choice stance on policy. You sure this is the conversation you want to have?
Re: Hockey Players: Sarah Palin For President! by darfur(m): 7:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
my problem is not john McCain, my problem is the republican who are running his campaigne and who will run his presidency(if he wins) john is a good man. and his wife too. but his frieends are the problem.

for now you've admitted, albeit unwittingly(in the absence of a response to my charge), that the republicans are a shameless, decietful cult whose interest is power and power alone. well, if the so called blue collar uneducated voters insist on voting for them, good. but if obama wins, hey bro, i'm coming there. cheesy

catch ya wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Last Letter Written By An Iranian Woman Before She Was Hanged / Was Cap28 Deported From America? He Fonts Like A Repatriated Nigerian / Touching Image Of George H.W. Bush's Service Dog Lying By His Coffin In Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.