Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? (11583 Views)

Dirty Habits We Should Stop Doing / Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption / 4 Most Shocking Facts On Dirty Habits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tatenda: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
I`ve never been to Nigeria myself, but I do have Nigerian friends. They tell me that if a Nigerian lives somewhere else i.e outside their country, they will never want to live in Nigeria permanently again. They tell us their country is shockingly filthy. I dont understand because we non Nigerians think your country is full of rich people, the country is full of money because of oil etc, How come your gov cannot afford basic necessitied like public toilets?
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2008
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tollu: 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
Siena:

Lol, unfortunately, I have no jurisdiction in the Health section. wink

One for all and all for one ehh?

@Tatenda: You just asked an 'answerless' question
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by Gamine(f): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2008
I doubt we can change just yet.

except maybe the whole of Naija is razed to the ground.

Anyways, its a terrible thing i must say!!

There was a day i entered a bus down to my house from sch

i bought yoghurt and gala, when i finished with them, i put it in a nylon bag and held it.

When we got to the final busstop, a guy stopped me and was like He had been watching me

in the bus and he was amazed at what i did.

me, i was like

So now, Not throwing things out of the window is an amazement.

Throwing things anywhere is a normal thing.

GOD WILL HELP US O
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tollu: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2008
AMEN OOOOO!
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tatenda: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2008
You really made me laugh Sienna. Anyway I`m not going to generalise. I think the whole thing has to do with an individual, how you were brought up and the people you associate with, The other thing is if Nigerians keep quiet and protest in the newspapers and the net about poor service delivery by the Govt, nothing is ever going to change. To some people it may be a barbaric action, but protests are the only language the politicians understand. Start by taking a lot of filth and empty it in your ward councilour or Mayour`s yard, then you will take it from there. If there`s no action, give them a very good hiding. Come to South Africa and you will understand what I`m trying to say.
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by plappville(f): 10:37am On Sep 22, 2008
Dudu bobo, what kind of oyibo are u talking about? If oyibo man dump refuge on the street in nigeria it means he or she is imitating the nigerians, cos in they country it is strictly forbiding to drive and throw stuff , u wanot even have the time to do such a thing cos u will see urself as the only dirty person, Call that oyibo maan and warn him becos he cant do same in his country why doing it in Nigeria. angry, African in general have the character of throwing dirty, if u come to the area where non citizens live here in France u will notice quickly the difference. sometime they throw babe diaper, am sorry to say but i think we should try to change our dirty habit.
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by Mimkwase: 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2008
Fellow Nigerians,

Let me just tell you that this is not a Nigerian issue alone. I've lived in London my whole life and
to be honest the area I live now (Brixton, south west London) you can see full grown men
unrinating all over the place in broad day light. These men are men of all different nationalities
and origins. They use the public phone boxes and residential communal areas, its awful.
So please this isn't just a Nigerian problem.
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2008
I don't think the problem is about Nigerians and their dirty habits. In every city or country in d world, one would definitely find people with clean, decent habits as well as those with dirty habits. What makes our own different is d fact that we don't have sufficient hands that do the cleaning jobs. People will rather go abroad to do dirty jobs than take up a road cleaning job back home. They will rather be 'agberos' in aba or Lagos.

Enough of reiterating the problem like a typical naija, now back to moving forward!

The government really can do something about this, and I suggest every state (particularly states with cities like aba, portharcourt, benin) should borrow a leaf from d cross-river state govt (note that I didn't mention Lagos because I feel that Fashola is really trying). The govt of Cross-River state pays N13,000 monthly to youths to do road cleaning. And believe me, when u are on the streets of calabar, fear no go let u throw away dirty for road wen u see how clean the environment is. because of this, even the people wey govt dey pay that money monthly no dey even see work to do. Abeg shey dat money too much for some oda states to pay?
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by ashleign: 1:54am On Oct 01, 2008
Okay.Make this announcement in CNN grin wink
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by mamaorga(f): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2008
ITS A DISGRACE AND BIG EMBARRASMENT TO SEE ALL THIS HAPPENING IN OUR TOWNS,
EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE EDUCATED ABOUT HYGIENE
I THINK RADIO STATIONS AND TV STATIONS SHD PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN THIS
THERE SHD BE MASSIVE SENSITIZATION EXERCISE CONCERNING THIS

IT IS AN EYE SORE TO SEE ALL THIS UGLY MESS AROUND,
I DNT THINK IT IS DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE THIS
THE SANITATION UNIT OR WATEVER THEY R CALLED SHD MONITOR THIS
AND CLEANLINESS SHOULD STEM FRM HOMES, KIDS SHD BE TAUGHT CLEANLINESS IN SCHOOLS

I THINK THIS WILL AT LEAST GO A LONG WAY TO IMPROVE OUR DETERIORATING SITUATION.
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by amaind: 3:40am On Oct 12, 2008
what you say is totally true but do not forget who you are,a NIGERIAN just like the Nigerians you call dirty because if you say Nigerians are dirty interestingly you are one of us because nobody is a saint .so if you say something first think haven't i behaved the same way before,don't just come here and criticize anyone.always remember we are all Nigerians
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by IvyC: 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2008
lol, this is funny cheesy, i dnt reli knw ow it its in 9ja but 1 thing i knw 4 fact, its not only 9ja ppl that do that, its every 1, i bet u have done that b4, throwing stuff out of the car/ on the streets or even on d bus, so come on no 1 is perfect nw, abi? looool, yh we need to change to make the enviroment better cuz nature will fight bk, trust
but u cannot only blame 9ja ppl for that, its all ova d world my dear, we jst gotta work 2gether t make it a better place, lool
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by Moyola(f): 6:32am On Oct 15, 2008
itz not only naijaz jare. . . .

@ topic

"can we ever change?"

lailai, we kan only modernize d way we do it!!! cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by waleab: 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2008
we will never change
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by origina9ja(f): 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2008
mama orga:

ITS A DISGRACE AND BIG EMBARRASMENT TO SEE ALL THIS HAPPENING IN OUR TOWNS,
EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE EDUCATED ABOUT HYGIENE
I THINK RADIO STATIONS AND TV STATIONS should PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN THIS
THERE should BE MASSIVE SENSITIZATION EXERCISE CONCERNING THIS

IT IS AN EYE SORE TO SEE ALL THIS UGLY MESS AROUND,
I DNT THINK IT IS DIFFICULT TO ACHIEVE THIS
THE SANITATION UNIT OR WATEVER THEY R CALLED should MONITOR THIS
AND CLEANLINESS SHOULD STEM FRM HOMES, KIDS should BE TAUGHT CLEANLINESS IN SCHOOLS

I THINK THIS WILL AT LEAST GO A LONG WAY TO IMPROVE OUR DETERIORATING SITUATION.
good point
but being clean should start at home not in school
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tollu: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2009
hah, this topic is still in existence?

Well, we still haven't changed. People still throw stuff out their cars, shite and pee on street corners and even open roads.
The question still remains, Can we ever change?
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by origina9ja(f): 4:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
YESSSOO
WE CAN
Re: Nigerians And Dirty Habits: Can We Ever Change? by tck2000(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
Today,it still continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do People Yawn At The Same Time / NAFDAC Destroys Drugs Worth N75Million In FCT / Is Staph Cureable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.