Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? (2589 Views)

Photos Of Baby Boy That Doctors Thought Would Die Shortly After Birth / When To Expect Menstration After Birth / Abortion Pills: How Effective And Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Abuja1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 06, 2008
Hi reader is it right for a married woman to take pills after given birth,?
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by coolier(f): 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2008
Yes. If she doesn't want another baby so soon.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by benincitys(f): 5:02am On Sep 07, 2008
yes i do.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 07, 2008
Of course it's right, if she doesn't want another baby so soon after giving birth.

Especially if the man refuses to wear a condom.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Abuja1(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2008
but wont that make her become fat, cos i don't like fatness in a woman, you understand me.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 07, 2008
Abuja1:

but wont that make her become fat, because i don't like fatness in a woman, you understand me.

Not always, no.

But, if you're that worried, then why not wear a condom?

That way, no one gets fat, least of all, your wife. wink
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Chimechefu(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2008
Hi Siena and Abuja1, Y on earth do u need 2 wear a condom while having it with ur wife.She wont have to get pregnant cos u can smooshpending wen she is ready or upractice removal method
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by timbabng(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2008
. . . . just let her take the pills.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2008
Chimechefu:

Hi Siena and Abuja1, Y on earth do u need 2 wear a condom while having it with your wife.She wont have to get pregnant because u can smooshpending when she is ready or upractice removal method

The poster's wife wants to go on the pill, because she doesn't want to get pregnant.

It's called birth control.

An alternative is for the poster to wear a condom, if he's not keen on her going on the pill.
You think condoms and other forms of birth control, are limited to non-married couples?
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2008
yes i do
my last child is three years old and i'm working .
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Outstrip(f): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2008
She cab have au IUD inserted. I think they call them IUCs in nigeria. There is no medicine that actually pumps hormones in you. It is just a physical object they use to stop the sperm from catching the eggs LOL
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Ndipe(m): 9:06pm On Sep 08, 2008
IUD comes with adverse risk, stay away from it.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by Outstrip(f): 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2008
Name one risk apart from possible injury that is a very slim chance by the way. My mother used it, my best friend's mother used it and it is being used more now in the US. It is better because when you decide to start having kids again you simply take it off and you can start having kids right away. Don't tell women to stay away from something that has more benefits than the other poisons you have to swallow everyday and force your body to do what it was not designed to do.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by rubi(f): 2:36pm On Sep 09, 2008
Ndipe:

IUD comes with adverse risk, stay away from it.

I heard that too!!!! but have friends that have that for over five years and don't know what to believe
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by babygurl19(f): 7:19am On Aug 02, 2009
if i may add, u might use the patch method, its very good, its called evra, no fatness side effect but other little side effect might vary in different women and when you want to concieve jus stop using it. very reliable,ciao
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by prittigrrr(f): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2009
so u would rather have her fat from an unplanned baby than from pills? As to the IUD, there r definite risks. I have a friend who had it for yearss and is now infertile. Maybe she can get the shot.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by sexylisa(f): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2009
The patch has a lot of terrible side effects. there debates about taking it off the market here in the usa. it is strongly likned to dvt and also heart disease and others. you can go online and research otho evra and you will find out the number of people that got dvt from it and died. i would rather recommend loestrin birth control pills. its very effective and the major side effect is break through which is associated with most forms of birth control pills. it is suppose to stop after a person takes the pills consistently for about 3 months.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by babygurl19(f): 4:11pm On Aug 02, 2009
@ lisa
all birth control pills have side effects, the patch is very good, and the heart disease is cos they either smoke, drink or maybe these women are fat or above the age of 45, but if you are free from all these, i think the patch is good, when i wear it, i dont even feel anything, the only thing is that my breasts are swollen which i think its a good thing for me . i will never take a drug which wasnt prescribed by a good doctor. so oppose me if you think i am wrong.

also the only thing which will affect all women is that conceiving might not follow immediately after stopping its usage and this effect very in several pple, some might concieve immediately and some maybe after 3 months or more, but never will it cause infertility unless them dey do u. ciao
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by mamag3: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Of course.
Re: Can Married Woman Take Pills After Birth? by agathamari(f): 7:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
Outstrip:

She cab have au IUD inserted. I think they call them IUCs in nigeria. There is no medicine that actually pumps hormones in you. It is just a physical object they use to stop the sperm from catching the eggs LOL
Types of IUDs
There are two broad categories of intrauterine contraceptive devices: inert and copper-based devices, and hormonally-based devices that work by releasing a progestogen.
Inert and copper-based devices
Most non-hormonal IUDs have a plastic T-shaped frame that is wound around with pure electrolytic copper wire and/or has copper collars (sleeves).
Hormonal intra-uterine devices
Hormonal uterine devices do not increase bleeding as inert and copper-containing IUDs do. Rather, they reduce menstrual bleeding or prevent menstruation altogether, and can be used as a treatment for menorrhagia (heavy periods).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iud

(1) (Reply)

Harmful Effects Of Marijuana / Natural Health Recipes For Management Of Type 2 Diabetes / Children Who Exhibit Sexual Behavior At An Early Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.