Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! (1202 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / EFF Accuse Zuma Of Witchcraft After Two Mermaids Where Found In Nkandla’s “fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! by Gamine(f): 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2008
http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/2/705.html

Helen Ukpabio: Hitting hard at witchcraft (1)
By Vincent Obia, Regional Editor

The Palace Temple headquarters of Liberty Gospel Church, along Ndidem Usang Iso Road, Calabar, was filled to capacity for the seven days, August 17 - 24, that the programme, "Defeating Witchcraft Powers," lasted. There were two sessions for each day - morning and evening.

advertisement

The morning session, which always started at 6 a.m., was used for counseling and screening of persons who wanted to know their witchcraft status. It was a prayerful, painstaking exercise with Evangelist Helen Ukpabio, General Overseer of the church and foremost film producer, presiding.

People, who wanted to know their witchcraft status and those who already knew it but wanted to quit the evil practice and severe relationship with the dreaded cult, participated in the screening.

They later met with the evangelist who prayerfully counseled them and gave information on their status.

The evening session always began by 5.p.m. It was a mixed grill, comprising sessions of choruses and praise singing, prayers and teachings on the character and activities of witches and their world. Ukpabio taught the people by herself. As she mounted the platform to teach, Ukpabio would assure the crowd, "At the end of this teaching, those of you that used to have witches on the roof of your houses will have them no more," adding, "My secret in life is that evil don't exist. And if they are found anywhere, they listen to my instructions." That direct confrontation of evil powers was greeted with a wild applause from the people.

She taught the people about the different types of witchcraft, particularly those practised in Africa, Nigeria and the local communities. According to Ukpabio, there is white, black, and red witchcraft. She put quite a number of what people know today as secret societies, cult or religions as white witchcraft, noting, "In white witchcraft, people are organised into various cult groups or religions and thought certain things contrary to the Word and will of God.

"Some of the things they do are believed to have the potential of protecting the member and making him prosperous while harming the others in the work place, business place, school, the neighbourhood, or family. All the same, it is witchcraft and harmful to him and others.

"In black witchcraft, the spirit gets directly into the human spirit. It can be dropped into someone's food and it develops. If you are initiated into it, you can do a lot of evil to people in the society. The black witchcraft is crude and dangerous. They act like beasts and have no sympathy or pity for humans."

She supported this with what the Bible says in the Book of Job, Chapter 41 verses 24 and 25. Ukpabio told the people that the witches practise their craft on their beds (meaning while asleep at night), coveting other peoples' fields and properties and taking them violently. Ukpabio cited a spot in the Calabar metropolis where she said the marine spirit is holding the people captive.

Hear her: "Nobody can do well in Akim market. People in the market would have done better than they are doing now in their businesses. There is a witchcraft coven there to stop their prosperity." . . . . .

and much more.

undecided
Re: Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! by AKO1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
grin grin grin

So did she eventually cast out the 'winshes'?

Wait a min., is this not the same Helen Ukpaibo that did that Rapture movie? I thought she was better than this undecided

Me sef I wan know my winshcraft status. Shey they get website wey I fit use sheck?
Re: Know Your Witchcraft Status Today! by Gamine(f): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2008
It is the same one o

They are the ones holding people captive, not any witch cry

(1) (Reply)

Seven Year Barrenned Woman Got Pregnant Instantly / Have You Thank God This Morning? / Are The Israelis We See Today True Descendants Of The Jews In The Bible??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.