Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy (1438 Views)

Has Mtn Changed For The Better In Terms Of Service Disruption? / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / A Letter To Mr Seun Seeking Zero Tolerance To Tribalism On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Seun(m): 1:02am On May 06, 2005
Representatives,

I have discovered that there are people who come to a forum like this without the intention of contributing anything; all they want to do is cause trouble. I have discovered that these people should not be treated with kid gloves.

Trae has been banned. He had a problem with some of my moderation policies, but he chose the path of public castigation, instead of raising those issues privately or in this honorable reps forum. He even has my phone number, and I have called him several times to resolve disputes, but he chooses to publicly castigate the poor admin.

My new belief is that people who are not here to share should be banned. Please feel free to contribute constructive criticism. All of my "favorites" (Ra, AYA, trish) have had vigorous disagreements with me at one time or the other, but it is obvious that they are here to share. They are here to participate. They are not here to disrupt.

I'd like to propose a zero tolerance policy towards [I]public[/I] criticism of the way this forum is run, or other forms of disruption that do not move Nairaland forward!

Seun.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Ra(f): 10:52am On May 06, 2005
It is by no means a secret that the gentleman in question and I have had a rather turbulent relationship from the word 'GO', dating back to mobilenigeria. However, my view that Admin took the right step is by no means coloured by the foregoing statement. I was made to understand by another friend on this forum last night that Mr. Trae had sent mails out to members castigating Admin and faulting his methods of administration. Whether this was after or before he was banned is not known to me. Needless to say, I got no such mail, as..... let's just say we, neither of us considers the other a friend for obvious reasons.

So, whatever is needful to keep this forum exciting, interesting, civil and a place to share ideas and promote knowledge, I say 'Go For It'. Should I err tomorrow in such a manner that banning me is the only way forward, by all means, show me the door!
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by diakim(m): 2:44pm On May 06, 2005
There will always be disagreements or misunderstandings like this. Even in a small family of five or six, there will be occasions for one or two quarrels, not to talk of when we have over a hundred people.

The best thing though, is that we should learn from incidence like this to move the forum forward.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Seun(m): 1:59am On May 09, 2005
Reference: Trae_z

Trae_z shows no remorse whatsoever over the incident. He's already doing the same things he was kicked out for. He has already violated the terms of his re-instatement. I do not see any value in any of his posts. I really wish he would just go away! tongue

But I think the best way to deal with him is to ignore him. I encourage all of us Reps to do so. Maybe he'll be encouraged to ban himself grin

1 Like

Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by delarontus(f): 2:38pm On May 09, 2005
I am not aware of these events and do not pay particular attention to his posts to have noticed anything. However if in your opinion as an administrator and in the opinion of other representatives you feel he is not here to share and participate positively, then he has to leave. I don't think we need spoilers here to infect others.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Seun(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2005
Maybe we should vote on it. Should Trae be banned or not? Does anyone second the raising of a vote?
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by tayotina(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2005
Well in my opinion, I do not think we have to vote on this. You are the site administrator and for you to have actually banned him means you have tolerated enough nonsense from him. If his presence in the forum would not any of us any good, then I guess we would have to do without him. I believe we are all after the success of this forum so we just have to do away with anything that will hinder our progress.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Ra(f): 7:01pm On May 09, 2005
The burden lies on you, Mr. Admin. Do what you've got to do.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Seun(m): 7:12pm On May 09, 2005
Thank you. i will just ignore him and keep deleting any offensive posts our of his 'pen'.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by dominobaby(f): 2:24pm On May 10, 2005
Offences would surely come in a place like this. He is back and I guess we should let sleeping dogs lie. The forum matches forward, with or without him.
Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by Seun(m): 2:42pm On May 10, 2005
Trae_z succeeded in giving me grey hairs, but people like that are best ignored.

1 Like

Re: 'Zero Tolerance for Disruption' Policy by odizeey(m): 10:35am On Oct 21, 2013
Hmmm,interesting,by dis time 2005 i didnt even hv a fone or access to internet

(1) (Reply)

Nija Blogger - Nigerian Bloggers Resources / Photography Lovers / So What Are Some Good Things About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.