Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Top Romantic Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top Romantic Movies (6451 Views)

What Are Your Top Three Best Romantic Movies Till Date? / Romantic Movies / Whats Your Top 20 Romantic Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Romantic Movies by spikedcylinder: 9:35am On Feb 19, 2009
An Affair to Remember (1957)

Starring: Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Richard Denning, Neva Patterson
Director: Leo McCarey

Each engaged to others, Grant and Kerr meet on a cruise ship and turn society upside down as they fall in love with each other. Agreeing to meet New Years Eve a top the Empire State Building, tragedy intercedes and the union is postponed. In true romantic fashion, neither can forget the other but both believe the other does not want them.

In the end the truth comes out and a lesson in love is revealed showing that true love overcomes all obstacles and accepts each unconditionally.

Re: Top Romantic Movies by KarmaMod(f): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2009
Amiele is the only one I can stomach. Eveything else is puke worthy
Re: Top Romantic Movies by iice(f): 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2009
KarmaMod:

Amiele is the only one I can stomach. Eveything else is puke worthy

That and Chocolat, i agree, puke worthy grin

I also think Dangerous Liaisons was awesome.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by spikedcylinder: 9:02am On Mar 10, 2009
iice:

That and Chocolat, i agree, puke worthy grin

I also think Dangerous Liaisons was awesome.

YOU!!! angry angry angry
Re: Top Romantic Movies by semid4lyfe(m): 9:50am On Mar 10, 2009
@spikedcylinder
message in a bottle is one of my favourite romance movies.There's a movie that has a similar ending to it-nights in rodanthe'
have u seen it?
How can u not mention- at first sight starring val kilmer and mira sorvino? and finally i don't know if u'll consider original sin a romance movie.
Any how sha,nothin do u-ur list no bad.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by Kx: 10:32am On Mar 10, 2009
@ All posters.
Pls does all these movies have action?
I mean the Sharon Stone kind of action in Basic Instinct.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by tpia: 4:47pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Top Romantic Movies by MadMax1(f): 12:37pm On Mar 11, 2009
Kx:

Pls does all these movies have action?I mean the Sharon Stone kind of action in Basic Instinct.
grin grin
Re: Top Romantic Movies by vescucci(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2009
Nice films. Casablanca is a classic's classic. So's Gone With The Wind. As far as Romance goes I like the oldies. The best of romance in my lifetime would be The Fountain, Titanic (believe it or not), Nottinghill or something like that (I saw it when I was a kid and it stuck). That's about it. Romance is not my thing.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by vescucci(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2009
Just checked out the first page. Definitely add Ghost to the list. And it's nice to see Gone With the Wind is in there.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by MadMax1(f): 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2009
The Fountain? Which one's that?Is it good?
You were saying something about you and Spielberg before you became an old jaded soul, and then you didn't.
Re: Top Romantic Movies by iice(f): 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

YOU!!! angry angry angry

Yes? grin

vescucci:

Nice films. Casablanca is a classic's classic. So's Gone With The Wind. As far as Romance goes I like the oldies. The best of romance in my lifetime would be The Fountain, Titanic (believe it or not), Nottinghill or something like that (I saw it when I was a kid and it stuck). That's about it. Romance is not my thing.

angry You, you. . .how could you? Titanic I'd give you the fountain but titanic? angry

grin
Re: Top Romantic Movies by spikedcylinder: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2009
iice:

Yes? grin

Evil child, where have you been? Your friends didn't tell you I was looking for you all over? angry
Re: Top Romantic Movies by sniperwolf(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2009
What happened to:
Notebook
Here On Earth
Work To Remember

1 Like

Re: Top Romantic Movies by iice(f): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Evil child, where have you been? Your friends didn't tell you I was looking for you all over? angry

I was on hiatus tongue

sniperwolf:

What happened to:
Work To Remember

A walk to remember you mean.
I'd rather watch A walk in the clouds even though Keanu Reeves is a robot grin
Re: Top Romantic Movies by vescucci(m): 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2009
She was on a royal hiatus. Got u ticked on the Titanic thingie, eh, caro?
Re: Top Romantic Movies by iice(f): 9:59am On Mar 15, 2009
angry

tongue
Re: Top Romantic Movies by justkunmi(m): 11:12am On Mar 15, 2009
The Notebook.
This is the greatest love story IMO, Twas very very nice. almost made me drop a tear, lol.
Ryan Gosling was very good in it,

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Bank Has Taken Over Hip TV - Ayo Animashaun, Hip TV CEO / Prices Of Plasma, LCD, LED, 3D And Smart Televisions In Nigeria / Will An Action Nollywood Movie Sell In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.