Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Wedding Disasters. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wedding Disasters. (1624 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 3:52am On Sep 10, 2008
this is a romance topic, for real

feel free to share stories or personal experiences about some wedding disasters.

My story:
A very busty bride wears a tight tube wedding gown. when she started to komole (a yoruba dance step) her boobs popped out (not sure whether at church or reception). enuf peeps saw her boobs b/4 she scooped them back.

be free to laugh, joke and add una stories.
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2008
I saw this on a website a few years ago and I think I must have posted it sometime ago on here.

I'd just go ahead and post again. . . . . .

My friend Lynda is totally cool. She is the type of person who can pick out the best stuff. The picture you see below was a photograph of a wedding cake that she wanted for her wedding.

I don't know where Lynda got the photo, but it looks pretty neat and with her colors and flowers it was going to be a smash hit. As complex as the pattern looks at first, when you really think about it, it is just a serious of straight ribbons laced together. I think the design is great.

Unfortunately, Lynda didn't consider that her baker might make some promises that she couldn't keep. In fact, it seems like Lynda's baker was more interested in Rum Cake than Wedding cake. See the next post to see what Lynda's actual cake ended up looking like. This photo was from her ACTUAL reception. This pile of cake had to sit in front everyone during the reception. Lynda spent the first year of her marriage in the courtroom suing a drunk baker. Ouch.

Re: Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2008
the initial wedding cake is sooooooooooooooooooo pretty.
still waiting for the next post  wink
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2008
And the re-make! grin grin

Re: Wedding Disasters. by Scopium: 10:59am On Sep 10, 2008
[size=13pt]Baker must've been really drunk cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2008
i will definitely sue the baker for all he/she's worth.

chieneke.
Re: Wedding Disasters. by tope2000(f): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]Baker must've been really drunk cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

lol
i think so too
or maybe high on ganja
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2008
Oh gosh. . . . cant look at this and not laugh.

I think I got more somewhere. . . .
Re: Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2008
does anybody know the master-card story
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2008
Another one. . . . . . .

Was this made in the parking lot of a Dunkin Donuts.
This picture was submitted as an ugly dress actually. I don't think the dress was that bad, but what is that pile of gravy covered fried donkey balls on the table? Here comes my fictional story.

My wedding planning was going smoothly. Most of the people hired were professional and courteous. I did succumb to family pressure about one item. The cake was being baked by my cousin's husband.

My cousin's husband, I'll call him Bill Cobbs because that is his real name always seemed a little "off". That is OK because my cousin is definitely, certifiably nuts. I could try to justify the lack of sanity in the family with a number of stories, but that would be a long day.

All you really need to know is that they have 12 cats that they keep on their porch. The porch is so thick with cat dung that you can't even see the carpet that used to be below it all. This was the man who was going to be handling the dessert for our wedding.

It all started to go wrong at the rehearsal dinner. Neither my cousin nor her husband showed up. My mom heard a rumor that they were having some problems. The next day was the day before the wedding. On that day, the yellow flags were out. No one had heard from Bill and my cousin had supposedly been caught cheating on him. My fiance drove by Bill's shop and it was closed. It looked like the bakery hadn't been open in the last two days. We were nervous.

The wedding day came with no sign that a cake was coming. Nothing. Nada. I thought there might be some warning. Bill didn't call, the hall didn't call, the caterer didn't call. No one that we had hired noticed that a cake had not shown up until the ceremony was set to start. I was balling my eyes out.

I should mention that my Grandpa is an ex-marine. He is the type of guy that won't take shit from anyone. He also has no taste whatsoever but he means well. Well, when no cake was coming this seemed like a challenge to him. He called one of his war-buddies who owns a local donut shop. During the ceremony, grandma sat alone while grandpa went off on some adventure.

The reception came and we arrived. The woman at the hall was very nervous. She had just realized that no cake had arrived. Even the DJ was a little flushed. He was supposed to announce the cutting of the cake. I was in tears. I had no cake, and my grandma was in tears because my grandpa was missing.

During dinner, suddenly there was a little bit of laughter near the doorway. Grandpa and a young man in a dunkin donut shirt came in holding a large mound of something.

It turns out that his friend owns a dunkin donut shop. Grandpa and the guy spend the last hour making as many Boston Creme donuts as they could. They piled them wide and high. Honestly, it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. Grandpa I love you.

1 Like

Re: Wedding Disasters. by idupaul: 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
At spiked

pls can u repost the re make cake of the drunken baker, av nt seen it, thnks
Re: Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
interesting. LMAO
Re: Wedding Disasters. by bunmii(f): 2:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
what was the baker thinking LMAO, they don't even look alike @ all at all!!!!.
i feel sorry for the bride though expecting a very nice cake.
Re: Wedding Disasters. by hunniebomb(f): 2:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
Also known as: "Clemson Wedding" or "Wedding Revenge."

[This is NOT a true story. It's a really enjoyable Urban Legend, and I love it!]

You got to love this guy. This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University. It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man. The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm outta here."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells.

Do you think we might get a MasterCard "priceless" commercial out of this?

Elegant wedding reception for 300 family members and friends: $32,000.

Wedding photographs commemorating the Occasion: $3,000

Deluxe two week honeymoon accommodations in Maui: $8,500

The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10 glossy of the bride humping the best man: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy, for everything else there's MASTERCARD!

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!"
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2008
idupaul:

At spiked

please can u repost the re make cake of the drunken baker, av nt seen it, thnks

It is right there na. I even hosted it so no one would miss it. Maybe you should re-load the page or something.
Re: Wedding Disasters. by idupaul: 2:25pm On Sep 10, 2008
spikedcylinder:

It is right there na. I even hosted it so no one would miss it. Maybe you should re-load the page or something.

seen it , thanks
Re: Wedding Disasters. by spikedcylinder: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
hunniebomb:

Also known as: "Clemson Wedding" or "Wedding Revenge."

[This is NOT a true story. It's a really enjoyable Urban Legend, and I love it!]

You got to love this guy. This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place at Clemson University. It was in the local newspaper and even Jay Leno mentioned it. It was a huge wedding with about 300 guests.

After the wedding, at the reception, the groom got up on stage with a microphone to talk to the crowd He said he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their wedding.

He especially wanted to thank the bride's and his family and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a lavish reception. As a token of his deep appreciation he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift just from him. So taped to the bottom of everyone's chair, including the wedding party was an envelope. He said this was his gift to everyone, and asked them to open their envelope.

Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 glossy of his bride having sex with the best man. The groom had gotten suspicious of them weeks earlier and had hired a private detective to tail them.

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm out of here."

He had the marriage annulled first thing in the morning. While most people would have canceled the wedding immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with the charade, as if nothing were wrong.

His revenge--making the bride's parents pay over $32,000 for a 300 guest wedding and reception, and best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of 300 friends and family members. This guy has balls the size of church bells.

The look on everyone's face when they see the 8x10 glossy of the bride humping the best man: Priceless

"Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow!"

Brilliant!!!! grin grin grin

The highlighted part is my fave.
Re: Wedding Disasters. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2008
hunniebomb:

After just standing there, just watching the guests' reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to his bride and said, "F--- you!" Then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said, "I'm out of here."

genius at its peak.

(1) (Reply)

Four Kisses You Must Master / Would You Accept A Professional Touching Your Spouse/mate? / Live Commentary: Traditional Wedding Between Xynerise & Skydeep.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.