Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,522 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

House Guests From Hell! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / House Guests From Hell! (2125 Views)

The Etiquettes And Protocol For VIP GUESTS. / What Are The Etiquettes And Protocol In Receiving Vip Guests? / Advice On How Much I Need For A Wedding Of 120 Guests Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Guests From Hell! by HRhotness(f): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2008
I recently had a friends sister stay with me and I never had the urge like i did with her, to throw someone out of my house. . .

It started with a days visit, she said she was in Lagos and i offered to take her out for lunch, i had a few errands to run and so we spent d whole day driving around and finally ended up in my house. I was to meet up with friends at a bar that night and i invited her to tag along even tho it wasn't her scene. she was bored and agreed to join us, needless to say the evening was awkward as she doesnt drink or smoke and cld not wrap her head around the fact that fun for us was just hanging out. she kept complaining about how boring the evening was, how she wld rather go clubbing and meet men who wld spend money on her. i did warn her about what the evening wld be like but she didnt seem to mind so i spent the later part of d evening trying to prevent her from saying sothing that wld upset my friends.

the evening ended on a peaceful note and i was relieved, afterall she'll be leaving the next day right? WRONG!

by the time i woke up (i am not an early riser) her weekend bag was in my house and she had made herself right at home. I didnt complain, its a big house and i assumed she was going to do her thing and not interfer with mine. how wrong i was again. ther was no food in the house and i ws too lazy to cook, so i asked a friend who was on his way to see me to pick up summin from a fastfood place, he said he was broke and wouldnt be able to bring much, which i understood. my dear friend then decided to place an expensive order and worse still didnt say thank you when the meal arrived. instead she complained about how bland d food was and didnt even hav the courtesy to wait for d poor boy to be out of ear shot.

by the 3rd day everyone in my house was sick of her, she complained about everything, the water, the mattress, the food. . . name it and she had summin negative to say about it. she kept going on and on about how bored she was, she everyone to drive her everywhere and wouldnt say thank you when u've gone out of ur way to drop her off somewhere, complained about traffic (like that was anyones fault). . .

we finally had an argument and she packed up her stuff and left!

ok so this was another rant but really i was raised largely in Nigeria and it is ingrained to be hospitable and go out of ur way to make ur house guests comfortable but what do u do when u have a house guest that cant be pleased
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
HR.hotness:

I recently had a friends sister stay with me and I never had the urge like i did with her, to throw someone out of my house. . .

It started with a days visit, she said she was in Lagos and i offered to take her out for lunch, i had a few errands to run and so we spent d whole day driving around and finally ended up in my house. I was to meet up with friends at a bar that night and i invited her to tag along even tho it wasn't her scene. she was bored and agreed to join us, needless to say the evening was awkward as she doesnt drink or smoke and cld not wrap her head around the fact that fun for us was just hanging out. she kept complaining about how boring the evening was, how she would rather go clubbing and meet men who would spend money on her. i did warn her about what the evening would be like but she didnt seem to mind so i spent the later part of d evening trying to prevent her from saying sothing that would upset my friends.

the evening ended on a peaceful note and i was relieved, afterall she'll be leaving the next day right? WRONG!

by the time i woke up (i am not an early riser) her weekend bag was in my house and she had made herself right at home. I didnt complain, its a big house and i assumed she was going to do her thing and not interfer with mine. how wrong i was again. ther was no food in the house and i ws too lazy to cook, so i asked a friend who was on his way to see me to pick up summin from a fastfood place, he said he was broke and wouldnt be able to bring much, which i understood. my dear friend then decided to place an expensive order and worse still didnt say thank you when the meal arrived. instead she complained about how bland d food was and didnt even hav the courtesy to wait for d poor boy to be out of ear shot.

by the 3rd day everyone in my house was sick of her, she complained about everything, the water, the mattress, the food. . . name it and she had summin negative to say about it. she kept going on and on about how bored she was, she everyone to drive her everywhere and wouldnt say thank you when u've gone out of your way to drop her off somewhere, complained about traffic (like that was anyones fault). . .

ok so this was another rant but really i was raised largely in Nigeria and it is ingrained to be hospitable and go out of your way to make your house guests comfortable but what do u do when u have a house guest that can't be pleased

fling them out,one hand
Re: House Guests From Hell! by nana(f): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2008
mesmya:

fling them out,one hand
Hahaha. Nice one
Re: House Guests From Hell! by HRhotness(f): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2008
mesmya:

fling them out,one hand

thats the thing I dont knw how. . .

if d yeye girl hadnt pciked a fight with me, she probably wld still be here making our lives hell
Re: House Guests From Hell! by iice(f): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
mesmya:

fling them out,one hand

One two one two shap shap grin
Re: House Guests From Hell! by MrCrackles(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2008
mesmya:

fling them out,one hand

i agree wid u! wink
Re: House Guests From Hell! by spikedcylinder: 5:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
HR.hotness:

It started with a days visit, she said she was in Lagos and i offered to take her out for lunch, i had a few errands to run and so we spent d whole day driving around and finally ended up in my house. I was to meet up with friends at a bar that night and i invited her to tag along even tho it wasn't her scene. she was bored and agreed to join us, needless to say the evening was awkward as she doesnt drink or smoke and cld not wrap her head around the fact that fun for us was just hanging out. she kept complaining about how boring the evening was, how she would rather go clubbing and meet men who would spend money on her. i did warn her about what the evening would be like but she didnt seem to mind so i spent the later part of d evening trying to prevent her from saying sothing that would upset my friends.

by the 3rd day everyone in my house was sick of her, she complained about everything, the water, the mattress, the food. . . name it and she had summin negative to say about it. she kept going on and on about how bored she was, she everyone to drive her everywhere and wouldnt say thank you when u've gone out of your way to drop her off somewhere, complained about traffic (like that was anyones fault). . .

ok so this was another rant but really i was raised largely in Nigeria and it is ingrained to be hospitable and go out of your way to make your house guests comfortable but what do u do when u have a house guest that can't be pleased

I wouldn't even bother to fight with her. I would smile through it all but by the time I'm through with her ehn, na she go pack commot in her own accord.
Re: House Guests From Hell! by tope2000(f): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2008
ungrateful bitch
Re: House Guests From Hell! by agaba123(m): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2008
HR.hotness:

I have seen her type and i know I would not let her stay more than a day in my house
Re: House Guests From Hell! by syren: 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ poster

I know, it's so hard being a good hostess. undecided

I mean what do you do with a guest who constantly farts in your presence?

I'm really suffering here cry
Re: House Guests From Hell! by KarmaMod(f): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2008
she was bored and agreed to join us, needless to say the evening was awkward as she doesnt drink or smoke and cld not wrap her head around the fact that fun for us was just hanging out

would it have been better for you if she smoked and drank with you guys evehn though it's NOT what she does. Everything else aside I think you were only wrong wityh this one event. Should have suggested something you'd all enjoy. .
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2008
3 days? una even try. After the first evening she would be the one begging to leave.
Re: House Guests From Hell! by HRhotness(f): 10:27pm On Sep 10, 2008
KarmaMod:

would it have been better for you if she smoked and drank with you guys evehn though it's NOT what she does.  Everything else aside I think you were only wrong wityh this one event. Should have suggested something you'D all enjoy. .

this was a perviously arranged thing, ther was no way i cld cancel.
dont forget i wasnt expecting her to sleep over besides i gave her d option of staying back as i was sure it was something she wldnt enjoy. she went with me that evening knowing full well what d evening was going to be like. . .  but she still had d need to complain  undecided
Re: House Guests From Hell! by KarmaMod(f): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2008
Did you say "Im going out with friends to drink and smoke" or "Im gonna hang out with friends"
Re: House Guests From Hell! by spikedcylinder: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
KarmaMod:

Did you say "I'm going out with friends to drink and smoke" or "I'm going to hang out with friends"

It was mentioned that they were going to a bar, what did she expect?
Besides that, if it didn't suit her, why didn't she just leave? Why did she spend days with her thereafter?
Re: House Guests From Hell! by KarmaMod(f): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
clubs have bars wink
Re: House Guests From Hell! by mohawkchic(f): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2008
~Hmm . . . this is what i call "bone nar throat" guest !! angry

~To think not only do i have to put up with an unannouced houseguest,i have to put up with her major attitude as well ? naah . .  I will not be accommodating bad manners or behaviour from a house guest . . first sign of it & am letting you know without effort to mince my words . . these type of people are selfish Individuals that play on one's kindness!! makes me  angry  when i hear similar stories!!
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Beefcake(m): 3:59am On Sep 18, 2008
Wow, sounds like the ungrateful type. I assume that she was from out of town. What I don't understand is why she was crashing at your place and where was your sister all this time??
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Cayon(f): 4:52am On Sep 18, 2008
Speaking another language in front of someone who doesn't understand it is just as rude as whispering into someone's ear in front of them. Having someone in the room and intentionally leaving them out of a conversation is bad manners. Period. My brother and his wife does that all the time even though they speak fluent english. And its even worst when one or two friends drop by.

Peace
Re: House Guests From Hell! by spikedcylinder: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2008
Cayon:

Speaking another language in front of someone who doesn't understand it is just as rude as whispering into someone's ear in front of them. Having someone in the room and intentionally leaving them out of a conversation is bad manners. Period. My brother and his wife does that all the time even though they speak fluent english. And its even worst when one or two friends drop by.

Peace

Err, I might be wrong but what does this have to do with the original post?
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Cayon(f): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
naaah, you are not wrong. Didn't want to open a new thread, so I squeeze it in here cheesy cheesy
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Laurnetta(f): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ topic

I think its bad manners for people especially women to drink and smoke in front of other people, more importantly other people who do not share in your bad habits.
Re: House Guests From Hell! by HRhotness(f): 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2008
KarmaMod:

Did you say "I'm going out with friends to drink and smoke" or "I'm going to hang out with friends"
I told her i was going to a bar to hang out with some guy friends. . .  obviously there would be drinking!

She knows i smoke and she previously met a couple of the guys and knows they smoke like a chimney. . . i did warn that we wont be clubbing or anything else later, we just planned on catching up!

Beefcake:

Wow, sounds like the ungrateful type. I assume that she was from out of town. What I don't understand is why she was crashing at your place and where was your sister all this time??
She was from out of town and was stayin with someone else, immediately she realised i was in in town she decided to switch base. . . her sis is married and lives in PH

Laurnetta:

@ topic

I think its bad manners for people especially women to drink and smoke in front of other people, more importantly other people who do not share in your bad habits.
I also think its bad manners for women to act as judge and jury over other women to look or feel better about themselves. . . .

I enjoy my bad habit in the privacy of my home, I don't go around stuffing it down other pples throats, I do take offense tho when people invite themselves into my home and force their opinions down my throat!

@ Post

The girl has been calling and dropping in asking about something or the other she must hav forgotten. . .  we knw for a certain that she didnt forget anything, my bro is sure she is just testing the waters to see if she can come back, i didnt need to say much to her the attitude of everyone in the house said enough. they were cold and ignored her most of the time, i kind of felt bad but she brought it on herself. I realised i wasnt d only one who had been suffering in silence

I explained to her as best I could that it was best if we don't ever do sleep overs EVER! that we don't hav that much in common and it would save us from all awkwardness. . . she seemed to take it ok but i really cldnt care less if i never hear from her again!
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Gamine(f): 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2008
LOL

We have never really had friends who were guests from hell.

The guests from hell have been people my parents actually invited.

and we usually avoided them as HELL!!

kai! annoying, irritating . . . .aah the memories!! lipsrsealed

Funny,

My sisters friend came over last week and left on sunday.

She wasnt used to the area and didnt bother us about taking her here or there

she found her way!

She used to greet my parents on her knees, something we dont even do

She never stayed out later than 8pm.

She suggested to me, helping my mum in the kitchen, i told her not to bother

that there was a Help already. lol

My mum was even impressed, and i say its hard for female guests to impress my mum!lol grin
Re: House Guests From Hell! by agaba123(m): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2008
Laurnetta:

@ topic

why the emphasis on women?
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Pataki: 4:12pm On Sep 30, 2008
syren:

@ poster

I know, it's so hard being a good hostess.  undecided

I mean what do you do with a guest who constantly farts in your presence?

I'm really suffering here  cry
Thats why I like laying the rules straight once I know I am going to have a visitor. The first day of arrival, I will treat you all nice, after that, please learn to find your way asap.

I love my independent self. I cannot tolerate people dragging themselves on to me, neither will I want to do such.

I am sorry about your case, but you need to lay the cards straight to your visitors.
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Outstrip(f): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2008
You tried. She would not have lasted that long in my house. When she tells this story tomorrow you will hear about how you never did anything for her.
Re: House Guests From Hell! by slimfine(f): 12:45am On Dec 27, 2008
some people sef. To think that you even help her for 3 days is beyond me shocked

I mean this guest even complained about the mattress after unannounce intrusion? u should have giving her a MAT!!!

dear, you did try becuase I will not tolerate such behavior in my house and I expect anyone to throw me outta their house if I act that way. Nonsense.!!!!!! angry
Re: House Guests From Hell! by TOYOSI20(f): 1:18am On Dec 27, 2008
Eyah. . . . . ., it can be very tasking and uncomfortable, . . . . . . lipsrsealed

I think the best way to go about things like this is to set up a list of guidelines for all guests. cool

Like I love y'all to pieces but if we need this to work, we need to work together, plain and simple, cheesy

best wishes to ya, smiley
Re: House Guests From Hell! by netotse(m): 1:35am On Dec 27, 2008
i agree wiv toyosi,
or since it wasnt only the two of y'all in the house u clda simply told her me nd the oda ppl dont feel comfy wiv some of the stuff u're doin and tell her wot she's doin wrong, personally hate hving ppl stay over for even a nite cos it inevitably turns into more. . .got me into trouble while i was in uni!
Re: House Guests From Hell! by Shaz(f): 2:16am On Dec 27, 2008
Wow. . that is the first class definition of taking the piss.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Get Tattoos? And What Does The Bible And Qur'an Says About It? / History Of Amaekpu,ohafia / Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.