Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,765 members, 7,865,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518234 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2007
@wormed up
Ignore Gallas ramblings. He now admits he made a mistake.

Obviously the arses would ignore this and only see when Cole (who has played beta than Gallas by the way) does not play up to his former form. Not to mention that atleast Cole has two more medals to add to his name while Gallas has NONE.

* Hisses and continues with what he was doing *
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ Somze

can't you just continue with what ever it is that you have apparently been doing FOREVER!!

@ Wormy

Gallas is a monkey!! Ok Noted!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2007
The only person who made a mistake is cashley angry

now  if you want to discuss cheksli bizz take it to ur gay thread and not in here angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 2:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
dnt sweat it ,
hes out already.cant stand the heat most definitely

hope he doesnt have to cime back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2007
I see no one bothered to even negate or answer my arguments but just like i predicted the story has now turn back to Cole. wink

loyika
nope, i cant cheesy

muki
Back to Ashley are we? You guys are pathetically so predictable. If nnenne was here she would go on and on about history lessons.

jeje
I've began to think you are on some drugs. Drugs kill! but if it dont i'll certainly wont mind the job. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 2:34pm On Jul 09, 2007
mukina2,
stop being a pain in the behind !
whatever did ashley do to you ?
why are you so hurt tongue

on gallas;
i reckon sentences like "let his football do the talking" usually takes the wave at occasions like this grin
at least, it's been proven that one player can make a difference in a club, gallas should see himself in that kind of light lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 3:51pm On Jul 09, 2007
somze:

jeje
I've began to think you are on some drugs. Drugs kill! but if it don't i'll certainly wont mind the job. wink
i sure caught ur heavy drift,

as in
drugs kill,or u wd do the job.

that was a joke.
u re fast becoming a comedian.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:48pm On Jul 09, 2007
@jeje.
Ignore these Voyeurs, Their lust for Arsenal is ridiculous

As for Gallas he can go back to Chelsea for all i care angry does he think we would beg him?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:05pm On Jul 09, 2007
Everyone here is castigating Gallas, while he may talk more than he should most of the time (make that ALL the time) what he says is still a painful fact

I prefer his outspoken nature anyday to Henry's vacillation/ double speak before he left, or that greedy bugger Cashley's excuse making and crying for money. The truth is that all our major opponents for next season are strengthening massively, the only area we have added to is the GK position with Fabianski, our attacking line has in number terms reduced (with Crapyy going back and TH leaving), we haven't effectively replaced Titi in my opinion, rather we just got a different kind of player to fill a gap in our finishing department.

Anyone who truly loves Arsenal will be concerned about our lack of transfer market activity, we need at least 2 more top class signings to rebuild confidence and faith in our challenge for next season. not necessarily big money buys, but quality additions. Da Silva is a right step in that direction, but we definitely need more.

The club needs to match the ambition of its top players to succeed, and Gallas certainly ranks amongst those right now, only behind Bertie. Kolo and Lehmann for me. Arsenal needs to buy players, enough of all the stories we need ACTION!

even Babel may be going to Liverpool now shocked, Wenger better swing into action NOW, we cannot, I repeat CANNOT afford another season like the last two.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ Debo
finally an arse with brains cheesy

@A-40
The last time i heard that term "Viewer", i believe it was being referred to french guy from North London. Stop Plagiarising!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2007
do the maths now.are u so shallow,

french guy from northlondon/ a round peg in a square hole/arsenal comments from chelsea fan.

summary: a misplaced,confused fella.[a misfit]

capishhhhhhhhhh.
hey,dnt take it personal o[atleast not here] am only breaking it down for uuuu.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2007
We need to buy for sure,

Mr somze
The word Viewer were not made for Mourinhos mouth alone so get of my case
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by krap(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2007
@ soloreal
arsenal's football end in just being 'beautiful' and nothin' more. And juding from posts, i can see u have caught the 'gallas bug'.And anybody suggesting we take back gallas must really be a dumb jackass.I would rather take ifeanyi okoronkwo.

*singing the blues anthem* cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 1:44am On Jul 10, 2007
Who's be thinking of the Gunners in January when the African Nation's cup will be on?

We really need to buy more players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:52am On Jul 10, 2007
if Sagna comes, the LB position will be covered well in Eboue's absence

hopefully senderos and djourou will cover for Kolo with Gallas

the other African is Adebayor, first of all, they wont go far so he wont be gone for too long, secondly with Bendtner coming back, da silva, RVP and possibly walcott playing as strikers, we should be covered in that area too, thats if we dont add any to the position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 10:20am On Jul 10, 2007
I do not understand these morons harping on about big signings??
when has Wenger ever made a "big signing"?
Yet he is one of the most successful managers Arsenal has ever had, and he has done this by doing exactly what he is doing now, buying potential and bringing it out of them.
The last real big name signing at Arsenal was Brergkamp and that was done by Rioch!
And funnyily enough the one player I could even suggest was a big signing by Wenger was Reyes, we all know how that turned out.
Gallas should shut his cake hole and concentrate on keeping fit rather than spraying everyone with his spit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2007
@ Somze

I think you would be best served in concentrating on keeping the women happy (esp your new found  grin ) and leave the footie stuff for those interested.

@ Debo

Let me break it down a tiny bit, First things first; GALLAS IS NOT AN ARSENAL PLAYER!! Never was and never will be. He plays for Arsenal FC of that there is no doubt, but he is not an Arsenal player.

A, Gallas came to this club to piss off Maureen and use it as a transit to stabilise his options (it helped at the time that a close friend;Henry was at the Club and that he would still be in London. Well now one of those options has been taken away).

B, Wenger got Gallas to piss of Maureen and also to buy time for the young Senderos and Djuorou to grow. Gallas was a good cover and a means to an end (as Wenger also felt he would reduce the rot at the back). But Wenger has never really seen Gallas as one of his players.

Now, how does this relate to Gallas's outburst, well Gallas has been mouthing off, (which is his style) for quite sometime now, why? because he doesn't see this as HIS TEAM and is looking for an excuse to leave at the end of the season (esp since his chum has gone). How fit was he last season (remember he also had the nerve to blame his injury on the Arsenal physio team as well) What major contributions did he bring to the defence, did we still not concede stupid goals example the Essien goal at the Emirates.

Do you really feel Gallas can summon the Board members for a meeting to talk about players (thats a BLOODY JOKE!!) or dare question Wenger cheesy (Even funnier!!). I really doubt Gallas might be at Arsenal next season (unless circumstances change).

Paddy Vieira mouthed off, he was sold, T Henry mouthed off, he was sold, and these were THROUGH AND THROUGH GUNNERS. So Gallas's days are numbered. Why do you think Wenger has never commented in reply to anything Gallas has ever been quoted as saying Because he doesn't see Gallas as that important to his plans, thats why.

All in all both folks used each other.

Now that settles the Gallas isssue, will look at whether what he says are worth SH@T!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:15am On Jul 10, 2007
@ Loyika,

Granted, Gallas is a nonentity.
Why is Wenger so stubborn about strengthening his squad?
Every team in the land are making signings all over the place.
Tottenham is splashing cash everywhere to grab any player just to show some level of activity so why is Arsenal stalling?
I stand to be corrected but i think Wenger is losing it fast.

No one is saying Wenger should buy 30 million pound players but he should buy more players to provide strength in-depth.
If Da Silva gets injured next season, will there be an adequate cover his absence?
I really don't think Arsenal will survive the battle when the Prem kicks off next month.
Wenger's tactics should be questioned because he appears too slow to grab the opportunity given to him.
There's money to be spent. . . . . . . WENGER should start SPENDING.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2007
Now on to what Gallas said, lets see here;

"What is sure, it is that several players are questioning club’s future. Around us, all the teams are recruiting but what is planned to compensate for the departure of Henry?

I will have a discussion with Arsène Wenger and board members to know the objectives of the club this season and what they wish to set up to build an even more competitive team."

Now is it me, or when did Gallas become the person needed to make those comments, first taking into consideration he hasn't even begun to justify his over 90, 000 pounds a week salary. I really do not dig Maureen's style of castigating players, but inretrospect i think he was spot on when he told Gallas that "WHO THE Bleep WERE YOU BEFORE I BECAME MANAGER OF CHELSEA!!".

Gallas seems to think he is far more important than he actually is tongue Brilliant defender that he is, he lacks common manners and class. Now i have no problem with players being outspoken, but when Players start to get downright rude and uppity, then it is detestable tongue

Like i tried to allude to on the "Jose" thread, most of these crop of Modern footballers are Prostitutes that sell their souls to the highest bidders. Billy boy didn't make these comments with regards or respect to the club and i doubt he has any concern what effects his comments will have on the team or club (like i said, no surprises there as he is not trully a gunner), but just imagine the rollocking Ashley C would get if he made silly comments about Chelsea or Tevez if he spoke out of tune about the Scum.

I don't really dig Maureen's style, but it's times like this that i wish Le Prof had a bit of Jose's temprament or Fergie's no nonsense style. I mean, even when Keano made any one of his outspoken harsh remarks, you knew it came from his heart as a true Scummy and Irish man (however that didn't stop the book being thrown at him, when his remarks crossed the line, as in his dismissal from the Irish WC team and his final dismissal from the Scummy team).

If these comments came from Kolo or Berti (GUNNERS THAT WOULD DIE FOR THE JERSEY!!) then one could take them seriously, but when they come from a player, who (even though he doesn't really have much to prove, as his status as a world class defender is cemented) hasn't lived up to the heights he set for himself, and is clearly just using the club as a transit stop, i really doubt ANYONE TAKES (OR SHOULD TAKE) HIM SERIOUSLY!!

I would be surprised if Wenger doesn't ship him out, sooner than later. tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:50am On Jul 10, 2007
Jackal

You of all people know that, it takes more than CASH and Players to win Trophies! They are a factor, YES! But its far more complicated than that.

Like you would agree, You scummies "Over Achieved" last season, with Key players stepping up their game, a la Scholes, Giggs, Vidic and the main man Ronaldo. And that momentum carried the team through the finish line (even if they ran out of steam to help them achieve the illustrous treble). Chelsea spent more than anyone, but injuries and SUPER STAR MALFUNCTIONS!! robbed them of the Prem and CL trophies.

Now look at the Arsenal first team squad.

Lehman, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Hleb* undecided Gilberto, Fabregas, Rosicky, RVP, Adebayor.

Please, does that look like a squad that can't win stuff (even with injuries taken into account, you get Da Silva or Bendnther in attack, Djourou and Senderos* undecided at Centreback, Sagna or Hoyte at Rightback, Diaby/ Denilson or Flamini in the middle of the park).

Basically, what Arsenal need is for key players like Adebayor, RVP, Cesc, Berti, Toure, lehman and Gallas to STEP UP TO THE BLOODY PLATE AND BE COUNTED!! if Lehman has a brilliant season, if Cesc and Tomas chipped in more goals, if RVP stayed fit all season, if Ade gained better finishing technique, basically if everyone freaking stepped up, THERE IS NO COMPETITION WE CANNOT CONTEND IN!!

Just imagine if we had won the CL against Barca, or had gotten the Milk Cup against the Chavs, then the premutations would be different. Thats why there is a thin line between Success and failure, when things work, you get the accolades, a la doubles, trebles, winning games by 7- nil and so on, when it doesn't, it is claimed you have lost it, a la losing games by pens, losing at finals and so on.

Wenger has never been a Big Spender, he does so on a few occasions, to satisfy specific quarters. What Wenger and Arsenal really need are for the "International" Professional footballers at our club to STEP UP TO THE PLATE!! Rather than wanting a "Torres" or "Ribery" to come in and do the Business. If they live up to their potential, WATCH WHAT WILL HAPPEN! If they don't, we will still be at where we are. THE CHOICE IS THEIRS!!

The Gaffer has shown faith in them, they need to repay him for that loyalty, Ronaldo repayed Sir Alex for sticking up for him, Giggs repayed Sir Alex for keeping him in the squad, Drogba repayed Jose for sticking up for him. Arsenal players need to do the same for the boss. (why do you think players like Saha are not Fergie's favorite, or Robben and Sheva, jose's.)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2007
Bakari Sagna will complete his move from Auxerre to Arsenal on Tuesday, according to widespread reports emanating from France.

The talented full-back, who prefers to operate on the right but can also play on the left, is thought to have undergone a medical at Emirates Stadium.

A five-year year deal is purported to have been agreed, after the two clubs concurred on a fee in the region of £6million.

Sagna arrives with a growing reputation in his homeland, having been drafted into Raymond Domenech's France squad, although he has yet to win his first cap.

A whole host of Europe's biggest clubs were thought to be monitoring Sagna's situation, but it is Arsenal who have stolen a march on their rivals to secure his services.

Sky Sports

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Loyika

well said there!

imagine Gallas has started arrogating so much importance to himself embarassed

whats wrong with all these French players sef sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ Loyika,

That was a beautiful piece of delivery!!!!!!!!!
Granted, it takes more than Cash and Players to deliver titles but Cash and Players will guarantee 80-90% success as it was evident in CHELSEA.
Where was Chelsea before the Roman Empire? Where are they now?
I understand u need team balance, discipline and strength in-depth which Arsenal lacked seriously last season.
Make no mistakes about it, bar Man United, Arsenal played one of the most exciting football ever seen last season but thats where the buck stops.

Wenger should now realise u need more than raw talents to challenge for titles.
Big signings makes a team buzz and inject new beliefs into a squad.
Imagine Wenger signing Etoo . . . . . . . A lot of players will want to cross channels just because of it as they will see potentials in such a team.
All these nursery signings Wenger is hanging to is undermining players and fan's sense of belief.
It's time to get real and inject seriousness into that team.

Key players will rise to the challenge when they have the drive and belief to hang on to.
Adebayor and Gallas are fairly new so the jury is still out on 'em.
RVP, Gilberto and Toure tried their possible best but injury will always rub in as 9 months of week to week action is a huge demand.
Is Wenger doing anything to cushion that effect? No.
More players in a squad brings competiton and thus more fights to hold positions down.
What happens again if injury crops up this season? No adequate cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arsene Wenger should wake up and bring in players. . . . . . they don't have to be 20-30 milliom price-tags.
He should just bring in more bodies.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2007
All these journalists for N/L sef. E don do o.

I'm getting dizzy. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2007
grin

@ viera mesef tire for them and big signings o cheesy

lets wait and see if the clubs with big signings will win anything sef grin

@ razorr sharrap
some are excellent some want to belong grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2007
I am excellent grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
who wan sign whitelexi? grin grin

I vote him for Chelsea cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mekoyo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2007
Now that IGWE i mean Henry has left for Barca what will become of gunners. I'll advice Wenger to go and buy martins to help them or else, hmmmmmmmm

you gunners know now. Just wait for the BLUES this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2007
old gist, we have moved beyond Henry now, we actually did so since March when he played his last game for us.

you'll see what Wenger will do (apart from what has been done already) in the coming few weeks.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2007
mekoyo:

Now that IGWE i mean Henry has left for Barca what will become of gunners. I'll advice Wenger to go and buy martins to help them or else, hmmmmmmmm

you gunners know now. Just wait for the BLUES this season.

Why not bother urself on how Chelsea is going to fair in the season, Arsenal would surely be the team to beat, We dont av to waste 30 pounds for a 30yr old finished leg b4 u know we are trophy bound, we wld make players just d way we made henry (i've stripped him of the title igwe henceforth), viera and others, Watch out Man or u would be gunned!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2007
Gives Sagna a warm welcome embrace

All we need are players that will get the job done
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2007
A-40:

Gives Sagna a warm welcome embrace

All we need are players that will get the job done

i knew i was going to hear that sooner or later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.