Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512844 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2007
What does this stripper want with me now? im not T-Pain, how can you compare that monkey shit jersey to our own, Dum-Dum

Hint: The jersey is all over the market now and you need to see it to appreciate its ugliness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2007
ok guys!!! angry

move over to the freekicks thread cool

and of course I mean A-40 and SOMZE cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:10pm On Jul 24, 2007
yes please, this thread is for gooner discussions, not for personal beef wink

who will Le Prof bring in to replace Ljunberg? as of now we dont have a single winger in the squad!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
Guys pardon me grin

Who we dey buy sef? whats d 411
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Debo

Ljunberg having left now leaves us with more playtime for younger chaps!!

did u say we dont have any wingers in our team no more? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
yes oh! Pires, Ljunberg, Reyes - all gone (or soon to be gone) sad

the closest thing we have to wingers now are Eboue and Clichy, and maybe Walcott if the boss plays him there (which i dont think is a good idea)

center of midfield is too congested with Cesc, Denilson, Flamini, Gilberto, Diaby, even Rosick and Hleb are central/attacking MF players, Wenger just moved them to the wings in the absence of natural wingers, we need someone with pace and penetration from the sides, not just Eboue.

I really don't know what wingers are still available out there, but I hope the boss brings someone in soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2007
Debo
You do av a point there but not to worry we can always give you our last season tactics manual grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Debo
Omo i agree with you no be small, we need wingers Walcott is a potential 9 they shouldnt mess that guy up by playing him on the wings,

Our central midfield is jampacked we have two playmakers Fab and Rosicky, Rosicky is a better central midfielder but we settled for the left wing, We dont even have a natural 4 Gilberto dey try but we need someone with more steel to really back up that back 4,

Prof give us a winger
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 24, 2007
No wingers and I thought by now we would have sorted this out. Freddie's days in Arsenal were numbered even though he tried to make it look as if he had a choice.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2007
Its a massive revolution for ARSENAL.
I can only hope Wenger doesn't get it wrong this time around.
The Arsenal team that won the league 3 years ago was called the INVINCIBLES.
How many players of the INVINCIBLE team are left at ARSENAL now?

DENNIS BERGKAMP(Retired last year)

ANTONIO REYES(Spent last season on loan at Real Madrid. He is expected to leave Arsenal soon).

LAUREN(Moved to Portsmouth in January)

FREDDIE LJUNBERG(Signed for West Ham yesterday)

THIERRY HENRY(Moved to Barcelona this summer)

ROBERT PIRES(Joined Valencia last summer)

ASHLEY COLE([/b]Signed for Chelsea last summer)

[b]RAY PARLOUR
(Left for Middlesboro in 2004. Currently without a club)

EDU(Went to Valencia on a free transfer)

SOL CAMPBELL(Moved to Portsmouth last summer)

PATRICK VIEIRA(Joined Juventus two years ago before moving to internazionale last summer)

*******Only Jens Lehmann, Kolo Toure, Senderos and Gilberto Silva are the remaining members of the phenomenal squad left at Arsenal.
Is this a crisis? YES. The end of an ERA? Yes.

Conclusion: It's either Arsene Wenger is exceptionally smart or exceptionally stupid
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2007
Of all those players, how many of them remain at their peak?

only Ashley Cole and Edu, with Reyes not settling and Henry (arguably) over the hill. - all the rest are either past their peak or retired, why would Wenger hold on to them?

so in essence, we have gotten rid of the old stock who cannot cut it anymore and are set for a completely new revolution

This isn't a crisis, it is a natural changing of the seasons, their dusk has come, and the dawn of the Kolo - Fabregas - Bertie - Van Persie - Walcott era has arrived.

The future is here people, enough looking at the past for now, we move forward in determination, standing on the shoulders of our past giants cool

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Debosky,

United won the league 4 years ago. A year further away than Arsenal's INVINCIBILITY.
Ferguson still have RIO FERDINAND, PAUL SCHOLES, RYAN GIGGS, MIKEL SILVESTRE, WES BROWN, GARY NEVILLE and JOHN O'SHEA.
Why can't WENGER keep his senior players and let the kids learn from them?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2007
many of the players you listed are still at their peak, with the exception of Pires who was still very good when he left,

Wenger has let players go when he sees them no longer doing as well as they can.

of those seven, only 5 of them count as regulars

making a similar comparison, we have Kolo, Bertie, Lehmann and Senderos, just one less which isn't bad if you ask me with the addition of a proven winner like Gallas

while not as many as Man Utd, the Wenger's philosophy is a tad different from that of Fergie and influences his actions.

Fergie's squad is in my view overbloated, with the likes of silvestre and brown not deserving to still be there. Wenger wastes no time with such stragglers and shows them the way out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Debosky,
Thats exactly my point.
Players like Silvestre and Brown are known as squad players.
When the 1st team players get injured/suspended, these players fill in for them and everything looks cheesy and cosy.
What do u think would have happened if Wenger had senior members last season when ur young guns were getting crocked here n there?
Arsenal wouldn't have struggled so bad if they had squad players in their team last season.
This is where i think Arsene is getting shit wrong.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2007
you might have a point, but I think last season's problems were a combination of too many things to be put down to squad depth alone - any team losing its two best strikers midway through the season will suffer, or moving to a new ground in new surroundings as well, coupled with the massive squad changes last season

the boys have learned well and are more of a cohesive unit now, with very few changes to the first team. The next era is beginning Jackal, just you watch and see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2007
I rest my case.
Those boys sometimes look too young for the expectations and the responsibilities they shoulder.
The burden is too tiresome and people dont understand these lads are still learning.
If Wenger had used Gallas and Henry(just 2 additions) in the Carling cup final against Chelsea then Arsenal could have won the game easily.
What Arsenal lacked on the day was the imperious presence of a player like Gallas in the defence and a calm striker in Henry's making in the attack.
Adebayor and Walcott were just too subtle to trouble a very mean Chelsea defence.
This is why i think Wenger should blend the old and the new breed. It works.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
Jackal:

I rest my case.
Those boys sometimes look too young for the expectations and the responsibilities they shoulder.
The burden is too tiresome and people don't understand these lads are still learning.
If Wenger had used Gallas and Henry(just 2 additions) in the Carling cup final against Chelsea then Arsenal could have won the game easily.
What Arsenal lacked on the day was the imperious presence of a player like Gallas in the defence and a calm striker in Henry's making in the attack.
Adebayor and Walcott were just too subtle to trouble a very mean Chelsea defence.This is why i think Wenger should blend the old and the new breed. It works.

all this na sermon tongue
wait for the season to start and watch us demolish teams grin

like we didi you guys with ouur crazy form last season grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Muks,

United's loss to Arsenal in the league last season became academic as United went on to win the league.
I already told u. . . . .I can fast and pray for Arsenal to take 6 points from United as long as United wins the league.
I don't mind losing every season to Arsenal till year 3000 as long as Fergie wins the Prem trophy.
No one will remember that . . . . . they will remember who won what last season so lets move on. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 24, 2007
Mukina2 get a life!  angry

Nor be football your husband go chop.  cry

Go and learn how to cook!  angry

Chei, i pray make this girl find better man who go take all this  rubbish!  cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

[center]W JUVENTUS![/center]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2007
personally I'm glad Wenger didnt play Gallas and Henry in that game,

Now when the players look back on that game, they'll remember there was no magical saviour to rescue them, and that they need to bring out that extra fighting spirit from within to win, no depending on any single player, every single person pulling his weight.

This team is more balanced now than it has been in 3 seasons, with the exception of loudmouth gallas, everyone's ego is in check and everyone wants to do well for the team. the hunger and drive to excel is higher than ever now. They know there is no Henry coming back from injury to depend on, they know there is no Ljunberg to wait for, they know this is the time for Rosicky to step up, for RVP to increase his tally and for everyone in general to raise their game even higher and prove the doubters wrong.

Get ready for the seaon, its gonna be one hell of a ride!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:35pm On Jul 24, 2007
grin
who said i cant cook? grin

why worry . my husband is already Arsenal football grin  os dont worry about that side . its sealed cheesy

Juventus kei .old lady kei . tiff tiff . .oleeeeeee grin

@ Jackal
at least we were saved from united fans mouths last season shocked grin
wake up . .you all remembered it
reason you ran away tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2007
Is it the lessons that count or the trophy?
U must have a rocket brain to have thunk it through like that.
An average gooner is yearning for titles and trophies no matter how small.
Peops are getting edgy in Highbury. Spurs are stepping up and everyone generally has increased the tempo.
Liverpool has finished above Arsenal twice in the last 2 seasons.
I saw Pompey, Liverpool and Fulham today at the Asian cup and they have stepped up.
What is Wenger doing to counter this surge?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
mukina2:

Juventus kei .old lady kei . tiff tiff . .oleeeeeee grin

Me I nor go deny we be theives but we are as stylish as Lupin. Check it out! We are already in Series A (na so una dey write am for english?)!  grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:42pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ michelin89,

Whats Nairaland 2007?
Is there a beauty pageant show coming up on Nairaland?
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum, this blog never ceases to amaze me.
Erm, erm where is it taking place? Online or Lagos?
Make sure Razorr does not contest for it. She will win it cos she knows how to work her way to the top. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
Jackal:

@ michelin89,

Whats Nairaland 2007?
Is there a beauty pageant show coming up on Nairaland?
Dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum, this blog never ceases to amaze me.
Erm, erm where is it taking place? Online or Lagos?
Make sure Razorr does not contest for it. She will win it because she knows how to work her way to the top. wink

And I know how to make people go down! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2007
Jackal! angry angry

Thunder and lightening scatter your mouse and keyboard! You dey crase! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2007
Micheel  that contest again tongue

Jackal why not tell her to contest . . not razorr .you know who i mean grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
Thats cheeky.
Anywayze, u forgot to tell me where and when this shit is going down.
Gimme the full details . . . . . . .Please.
Whats the grand prize?

@ Razorr,

Please don't throw toddler tantrums here.
We are trying to have a decent conversation.
Remember u once told me u have virtually won everything u have contested for in your life BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHIC. grin
Let people use their church-mind to figure out how u did it with style n grace.

@ Muks,
I dont know who u talking about.
I cant do the math.
The only name in me head now is Razorr. wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
ohhhh lets take a trip down memory lane grin
please you know who am talking about grin cheesy
she did contested the last time grin
i hope she does again grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2007
Still goaless against Salzburg, 35 minutes into the game
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2007
no network is showing the match sad

those fools would want to show it after angry or never
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2007
its 1-0, we're losing

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.