Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,121 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (509738 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:57pm On Aug 30, 2007
No I-man, the new name is going to be a fusion of Stan Kroenke + Usmanov

ARSTANOV FC grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:04am On Aug 31, 2007
Lmao @Debosky !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:10am On Aug 31, 2007
@Cataun

So you think this group is tricky for the Goners(as Seun will say) ?As a lifelong Arsenal supporter,you are used to huge dissapointments .

I think its quite easy for the Gunners.The real question is who finishes first-my bet is that Sevilla will.That will jeopardise Arsenal's chances of getting past the 2nd Round stage
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:26am On Aug 31, 2007
Hi-man, Sevilla? U guys r in 4 surprises ! See . . My argument is; I love playing teams strong on paper and on d field not some Slavia ~@# bucharest sh@tty teams weak on paper but stubborn on d field ! I maintain we would qualify but guy go worry abt Scummies feeling d heat from a Totti led Roma team or a very stubborn D. kiev side !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toba1909(m): 4:32am On Aug 31, 2007
Sevilla are no threat to the Gunners,the group look trickish but sure Arsenal will scap through.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lawyer(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2007
Technically if you read between the lines, Dein hasn't really sold his shares completely. He sold it to a company headed by billionaires but Dein is still the chairman of that same company he sold it to. In financial and legal terms, it gives the company more powers to stage a take over because they have got more financial clout than an individual who has to come and buy the club and bring all his assets and liabilities to the table like malcom glazier, but in this situation, the company has shareholders that can support the bid and would be weary if their assets and liabilities will match the bid. Dein is a very smart man and he knows what he is doing. Watch out for future stories on how they plan to buy arsenal out
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2007
debosky:

No I-man, the new name is going to be a fusion of Stan Kroenke + Usmanov

ARSTANOV FC grin grin grin

Naaaaaa! Where've you been? Your clubs new name is [size=13pt]Arseki[/size]! grin cheesy grin

Wow! Ain't that sexy? grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by femionasan(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2007
I love boardroom politics. This means if the group is able to buy up controlling shares of Arsenal, Dein might just become the next chairman of Arsenal. I wont be surprised if Wenger is aware of this and thats why he is signing another contract. Dein is an Englishman so i am sure it will make things easier and he could also be a front who knows. The bottom line at the end of the day is that Dein is going to be back on that board as maybe the chairman.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2007
What a day undecided

A lot of stuff to ponder and give views on, what i will say for now though is;

1, The David Dein situation is not as bad as being made on the forum, tricky? YES!! But alot of things still need to fall in place or moved around, will look at it more indepth later.

2, UCL draw is okish undecided Nothing that should worry us, on our day we can beat anyone cool, so those that think Sevilla will be a problem, haven't been watching Arsenal for that long. Sevilla will not be a problem (Cesc will definately be up for that one cool). What will be a problem are those other Eastern Europe teams lipsrsealed (The Russian guy could get himself in our good books by asking (forcing wink) them to throw away their games, like Roman A does for Chelsea, anytime they face an Eastern bloc team grin grin).

Oh well, let me get some work done, will be back in a jiffy!!

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!! cool

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Oga Kit cool sorry bro, curfew has got brothers stressed up in PH, so usually offline earlier nowadays sad . Will/should give you a shout later. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:16am On Aug 31, 2007
@ Loyika,

I cant believe Arsenal became ARSEKI just like that . . . . . . . . . Nothing is impossible.
Well . . . . its not as bad as the tabloids are making it and i see a lot of positives in the mood.
Dein still loves the gunners and he wants to make em a force to be reckoned with in world football.
My only worry is Arsene Wenger considering the cordial relationship he has with Dein . . . . .Will he now leave?
Is this what he's been waiting for? Is this why he hasnt signed the dotted lines?
Its an issue to ponder about for all y'all GUNNERSKI.

On footie issues . . . . . . .
Arsenal will def'ly qualify from that group.
Worst case scenario . . . . .they will come 2nd easily. I dont really envisage any problems for y'all.
Sevilla can only huff and puff and the best they can get is maybe a win on their soil.
All Arsenal needs to do is win all their home matches and get a draw/win somewhere else.
Man Utd has the most difficult group out of all the Premiership clubs.
Going to Dynamo Kiev in the winter . . . . . . . . .Apache's balls will FREEEEEEEEEZE.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2007
As per the draws, like loyinka said "On our day we can beat anyone". Sevilla barely managed to beat spurs last season, thanks to 2 very dodgy penalties and u know say spurs be our wife.
We should top the group provided we do well away in Eastern Europe, if i'm correct non of those teams are Russian, Steau Bucharest is Romanian and the other team i believe are Czech Republicans, correct me if i'm wrong
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lovemajek(f): 11:32am On Aug 31, 2007
i want to carry gun too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2007
The russian does not own Arsenal. he owns a company that has 14.5% shares in Arsenal.

He may try and but Stan's shares as well but he will still not own Arsenal.

I am actually against this anyway. I ma with Arseblog on this.

I do not like criminals owing shares in Arsenal and I hate the idea of Dein acting like some saviour.

The timing of this stinks.

We should be concentrating on football but no Dein decides to pick this time to do the deal esp when Wenger is just about to sign.

He will now try to claim credit for Wenger signing.

We do NOT need injection of funds, Wenger is an ijebu man and refuses to spend what he currently has, so why would that change?

I am starting to get pissed off at Dein. he seems so self serving.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 12:43pm On Aug 31, 2007
Bu haaa haaa haaa

Wetin kwoncain me? All I know is that you're now Arseki! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 1:13pm On Aug 31, 2007
razorr,

i can see you've already fallen in love with the name.

ARSEKI ! how do u pronounce that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 1:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
Razorr:

Bu haaa haaa haaa

Wetin kwoncain me? All I know is that you're now Arseki! grin

Strong words coming from a chelski fan
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2007
grin " cheesy " grin

cheksli sounds better tongue tongue

we are Arsenal cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2007
@Wormy

It's pronounced - "Ar-Se-Ki". Just replace the 'nal' in 'Arsenal' with 'ki'. grin cheesy Or better still, you can say 'arse-ki'. grin cheesy

@Mukina

Hope you love your new name? grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 2:08pm On Aug 31, 2007
sharrap tongue

its not nice cheesy

cheksli is tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2007
Arseki grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2007
Ok people cool

Before i get caught up in the curfew, here goes cool

ARSENAL TAKE OVER

First things first, let me join the majority of supporters to say; DAVID DEIN IS A PR@CK!! Phew now i feel much better cool.

For someone that loves (Claims) Arsenal so much, he sure has a funny way of showing it , its like your wife going to sleep with your boss, with her reason being; "She wanted to help hasten up your promotion!?" angry angry

How does selling your shares to a Russian help us , knowing how our fans and everyone else basically loath Chelsea!? DOES THAT MAKE ANY bleeping SENSE .

My take is, He and Stan K had a falling out, and Stan didn't want to take DD's lead and mount a hostile takeover. Either that or DD was not going to be guarranteed a top position with Stan. So it seems DD being the wily fox that he is, shopped his shares to the highest bidder, with good results i might add (Imagine being Chairman of a Company owned by a Russian!! OOOOOWWWWW!!!  shocked tongue).

Funnily enough, i have a sneaking felling that Arsene knew about this deal, (He and Dein are close chums and live at a close proximity to each other) So DD would have told him of his intentions and seeked his advice. DD WOULD NEVER SELL IF WENGER WASN'T HAPPY!! Regardless, DD will claim credit for Wenger staying 3 more years, how pathetic.

Alot of Bloggers go much into details on this saga, and there are enough Newspaper articles that look into the Backgroud of the Russian, so no need for me to bore everyone by repeating stuff here. (I will leave some links on differing views on the topic, for you all to make your minds up).

What i will say is, A takeover won't happen as soon as people think, still alot of things need to happen,

1, What will Stan K do, will he be happy with DD, will he decide to join forces with the other Arsenal board members and keep the Ruissian as a loner (Outsider), will he decide to count his losses and bail, as he looks for greener pastures We all await the Big silent American.

2, What will the fans do, well seeing how the Scum didn't succeed in preventing the Glazers, i doubt the Gooner faithful can do much, but watch and see. I say we should focus on the footie, and leave the board room farce for those geezers tongue

Basically, Arsene Wenger is staying, so no problems in that department, Even with an Oligarch in charge, Wenger will still not Spend (and honestly, i think he would prefer DD as Chairman instead of P-Diddy Wood).

As fans we should not bother ourselves, i do feel no takeover will be accepted for now, and anything Hostile will fail. (I doubt The russian will get all the Shares he needs to mount one until the end of the season).

Like i said before, alot depends on how the team fares on the field, if we perform well, there will be enough resistance to any takeover, if we do not perform well this season, A TAKEOVER WILL BE IMMINENT!! cry cry

And thats my take on the Take over, here are the articles;

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=729&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=730&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6971124.stm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article2357823.ece

and

http://football.guardian.co.uk/

Enough info on the whole shibang cool

Damn i am so tired, will give my take on our CL draw on Monday.

We have Pompey (Arsenal 2) on sunday (Thank God its on DSTV cool), At least some old boys will be returnming home, Lauren, Campbell, Kanu, Adams cool.

We should watch out for Utaka though wink Should be ok depending on how we handle the first 15 minutes. I see us picking up the 3 points though cool

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY! LETS GIVE HARRY REDKNAP A KICK UP THE  grin (Afterall he is Lampard's Uncle, and we all hate Lampard don't we grin, so no need for much motivation, especially for Cesc fab grin).

cool GOONER 89

Have a lovely weekend Gooners cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2007
byootifuuul as always kiss kiss

nyce weekend to you too Loyiks kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2007
Well I think the gloves are off now, Dein has come out and made his and Usmanov's intentions public - to get a controlling stake in Arsenal and run the club the way he wants. There is no doubt about it now.

The question is: how long before all this gets to a head and a takeover is actually attempted?

For me it depends on What Satan Kroenke (comparatively a saint compared with this Usmanov fella tongue) decides to do with his shares. If he's smart, he'll talk to the current Arsenal board and try to get a representative on the board, effectively shielding out the Ruskies, at least for now.

OR, he decides he's been beaten, Dein was his point man in this deal before and has left him, so he may cut his losses and make a tidy profit.

To the other potential deal makers/breakers, I would point to Danny Fiszman, if he decides he's had enough of the merry go round and sells, the game is essentially up and Arsenal will go into the hands of the Russians.

In all these, the essential footie of the club will not change - Arsene will remain in charge and will not tolerate any board or owner interference like Maureen currently faces, because he knows Arsenal owe a heck of a lot of their success to him, and if they start getting any funny ideas to interfere, then Wenger will definitely walk, which no one wants at this point or in the foreseeable future.

All in all, Dein is an egotistical plonker, an attention seeking media hog who just needs to be the big man running the show. I don't blame him though, pulling the shots for so long is like an addiction, he just cant get enough of it, but surely he could've found better billionaires (the Arab bunch who wanted liverpoool, at least we're already the Emirates tongue ) than another stinky Russian with dirty money, but his desperation must've gotten the better of him to make this move.

Like Loyiks said, if the season is a good one for us, the board may be strengthened not to sell, but a bad one will possibly lead to a takeover. sad what a royal mess, at least there is footie this wkend to take the mind of all this crap. angry

Muki your hubby Sagna is out for the game, but I suspect your true love Ade will play against P'mouth on sunday grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2007
All you bad belle peeps if you ask me i think qualification will be a breeze we couldnt have had a cheaper group.
No shaking gunners all eyes on pompey won ma rundown
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2007
Our group is as good as it gets compare ours with Barca's i wont trade places with them
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:10pm On Aug 31, 2007
@ Debo . .yeah i read that sad

Ade who angry let them bench that boy . .bring him in only in the dying mins . .say like 5 mins to game grin tongue

then my heart would be relaxed grin

! A40 . .what about scummies group grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2007
anyone watch the sevilla game, I really wanted them to win with all that has happened but Milan was too strong for them. Pirlo is something else.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2007
that match ended since

Ac won 3-1 cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2007
yeah they won thanks to Kaka, Jankulovski and Inzaghi
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2007
yeah u r right .

Pirlo shocked . Milan was the better side and they played well really . .Seville really even though dere hearts are saddened sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2007
There is definitely not going to be any last minute signings.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2007
well  i wasnt expecting any sad

but you never know . maybe AW would spring one .remember last season  . cashley/gallas saga grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.