Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (508896 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:00am On Dec 17, 2007
@ Vieira,

In your heart of hearts, can u beat your chest and say u wont miss Emmanuel Eboue?
I am having a laugh . . . .He has been awesome and covers well for Sagna.
Until he came off against Arsenal . . . .Evra had no joy . . . .He came off ans Sagna became ordinary.
In today's game . . . .Eboue got injured, came off and Kalou made Sagna look like a pub team player . . . .
What Eboue does on that side is TRACKING BACK . . . .Its more or less 5 DEFENDERS because Eboue covers ground going back and forth.
Put Walcott in Eboue's shoes and u will see how ordinary Sagna is . . . .At least Aliadiere and Tuncay proved that last weekend.

@ Folahann,

Stop talking like a ninny and back your arguments with valid points.
United don't have Africans has nuthing to do with skin colour or race . . .Mikel Obi is an African player.
Ferguson chased him and Mikel refused to play for Man Utd . . . .What makes United team a racist team.
Can u see now why people say Arsenal fans can sometimes be idiotic and moronic?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 1:06am On Dec 17, 2007
@Jackal
Oh! sorry, you have Evra and Saha as your black playeres and you chased Mikel but he didn,t come.
That is very splendid of Manchester United; Very Good!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:02am On Dec 17, 2007
WHERE DEM DEY ? grin grin

3 points . . . .still on top, what more is there to say ? grin

like I said, if we have at least 3 of the 4 returnees back then we will win the game, so what do we have here ? THE SAD THING IS JM WASNT THE ONE IN CHARGE sad

Gallas has done it again, and for real the first 11 has shown just why Arsenal remains top right into the very last days of 2007, something rabble-rousers like Jackal and I-man thunk impossible , they prayed hard for the fall, typed hard, cursed hard, did all the f@ckever but still they have forgotten THEIR MUCH AWAITED MATCHDAY 10 MIGHT NEVER COME FOR THEM grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:35am On Dec 17, 2007
Job well done boys cool

To any remaining doubters. . .Gallas is THE Captain, what heart, what determination, what drive! cool

RVP and Cesc showed signs of rustiness. if not they would've buried those chances and made it 3-0

Almunia? Well he had a good game, covered all the angles and made the right saves. . .though I was worried he parried two balls back into the box allowing a second shot, but even the 'almighty' Cech did that today against Fab4, so I really can't complain tongue

Almunia's rush out is what distabilized SWP. . .but on second thoughts, that shotput couldn't hit a mule with a guitar grin grin Sheva had his best game in a Chelski shirt, shooting, playing freekicks. . .he better take his chance now that DD is out.

My boys did me proud, heart, determination and grit all through. They showed a desire to WIN, which is the best part of the victory. Also we kept our cool, but didn't allow Chelski to push us around either. cool

Matchday 10. . .When MU comes to the Emirates. . .When Chelsea come to the Emirates. . .now by end of the month grin grin grin

Jackal's goalpost keeps shifting, very soon it'll be in August 2008 grin grin

STILL on top, The league table does NOT lie.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PTH(m): 4:51am On Dec 17, 2007
the league will be one on the back of performances against the smaller clubs. We will pobably get hammered at OT but we definitely can beat Chelsea at SB and Looserpool will be lucky to score 1 when they visit us.

Man U are due a dip in form and it is coming very soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:13am On Dec 17, 2007
Get hammered at OT? I doubt that, probably going to be a tight game ending in another draw. wink

The P'mouth and Everton games are a little dicey, with Everton being more so with the form of Yak tongue

The Pompey everyone is making noise about hasn't scored in like 7 home games in a row, Kanu went to bury his dad in naija, and trust him to have put on a few pounds by the time he returns, all the akpu and ofe nsala will make him lose his touch grin grin benjani's goals have dried up, and if the SCUM of London can beat them at home, then so can we tongue

But first things first, give Bendtner, Diarra and co a run out Tuesday and get ready to beat Ramos for the second time this season at the Emirates cool

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:24am On Dec 17, 2007
and oh. . .one more thing

grin grin grin

Gunner 1915 cool grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Honurable(m): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2007
Up Gunners,
"[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]In the first half it was a bit locked, tactically, and the goal of William Gallas opened the game up and changed the game. In the second half Chelsea have thrown everything forward and on the counter-attacks we had four, fives times the opportunity to score. As long as you didn't do that, of course, you are under the threat of Chelsea scoring, which nearly happened especially I believe with Wright-Phillips and the header from Schevchenko. But overall I still feel the three points were deserved and reflect the great spirit in the side.[/font]"
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Honurable(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2007
Up Gunners,
"[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]In the first half it was a bit locked, tactically, and the goal of William Gallas opened the game up and changed the game. In the second half Chelsea have thrown everything forward and on the counter-attacks we had four, fives times the opportunity to score. As long as you didn't do that, of course, you are under the threat of Chelsea scoring, which nearly happened especially I believe with Wright-Phillips and the header from Schevchenko. But overall I still feel the three points were deserved and reflect the great spirit in the side.[/font]"
shocked shocked shocked

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2007
what a game. we won and that is what i have wanted. fabregas wasnt in top form, giving away possessions and not scoring wen he wld have done b4 his injury. above all my boys gave it to them real hard. ALUMI, the guy was just too much. clichy, had an excellent game and not leaving out CASHELY COLE, he had a good game too despite all the jeers from the fans.

i GOAL, 3 points we are still on point. we just allowed the MANURES to stay there for 2 hrs and took it back from them
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2007
welll lovely game for the gunners, a very good three points lets hope we do the same at the bridge,

frankly, RVP should have scored and fabregas should have also scored, but thank heavens we were not made to pay for it,

now we have a full squad save for eboue's "injury" , frankly i think its not that serious, though he was stretchered off, you'll all be surprised when he returns against tottenham on saturday,

the title race is far from over guys, its just mid season, and the party just got started,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by damoche07(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2007
The balance of power in London football is shifting, we saw it on 'Grand Slam Sunday'.

Since the "Invincibles" ruled the roost in 2003-2004 it's been a thin time for Arsene Wenger's Gunners.

In their place as English football's unstoppable force came Chelsea, bossed by the irresistible Jose Mourinho.

But Mourinho is gone, Chelsea no longer scare anybody and Arsenal are back in a big way.

At the start of this season I laughed at anybody talking up Wenger's kids as title material. Even a few games in I was still rolling my eyes.

But whether they eventually beat Manchester United to the biggest prize of all or not, they've made a believer of me. Now I know that there is substance to go with the undeniable style.

On Sunday at the Emirates we didn't see too much of the beautiful football that has wowed English football since August.

But we saw a team that displayed enough physical and mental fortitude to show they won't wilt in this most enthralling of title races.

They may not be the finished article just yet, but in recent games against Liverpool, United and now Chelsea they've proved they can breathe at the highest of altitudes.

I'm still not sold on the goalkeeper, but in William Gallas, Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Adebayor they have a spine that's the envy of most teams in Europe.

Add in the industry of Mathieu Flamini and Alexander Hleb and the style of the likes of Gael Clichy, and you have a pretty potent recipe for success.

We all knew Wenger had great ability to find great young players cheaply. But now he's also moulding them into a powerful unit capable of challenging for a title. Surely that's the really hard part.

Chelsea on the other hand had their moments in this game, but despite recent results this just isn't the Mourinho vintage. They used to be a machine, now they're just men. Eminently beatable men.

It's not just losing Jose of course - the lack of Didier Drogba for the whole 90 minutes on Sunday and John Terry for the last 50 was key to the result.

We now know just how important those two are to any hopes of title glory at Stamford Bridge.

Andriy Shevchenko is a pale shadow of the man who used to strike fear in all European defences, and Claude Makelele is no longer the best protector of defences around.

Tal Ben Haim and Alex just just can't replace William Gallas and at the head of things Grant can't replace the swagger and arrogance that set Mourinho apart.

They're still too good for most teams in the Premier League, but in title terms that's no longer enough. For Arsenal though, it could be a different story.

Courtsey of F365.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by salehm(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2007
@Akola
ur Jibe(s) don finish abi dem still remain?

"For the first time in 4 years"

Have you Forgotten 10 Straight Years of Bashings?

Chelski Fc and their fans should better 4get abt the Premiership title Coz it's gonna be a 2 horse race.

Gunning 4 Glory.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 9:21am On Dec 17, 2007

it may still end up being a 3 horse race as any thing can still happen,

depite the chelsea's defeat, it would not be fair to write them off, as they were good on the nite,

have we forgotten that if shawn wright phillips had scored that sitter, would we be talking like this, it may as well be a draw because i know chelsea would defend for their lives,

sometimes, i am always ashamed of some arsenal fans (the nigerian ones i mean) because they don't talk out of facts, frankly i think we should have been punished for not going two goals up,

the question always loom, must we score a spectacular goal, what stopped bendtner from pulling the trigger when he had the chance, what stopped fabregas from shooting the ball first time, its these things that had cost us the title for 3 years, plus horrendous goal keeping from you know who,

well, we may not be lucky next time, but good game all the same,

my point is when we have the chance to finish off the game, we have to do so and score the goals before the other team recovers,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 10:01am On Dec 17, 2007
A spectacular game, Probably the best game so far, Captain fantastique, Gallas rose up to the occassion again and Almunia was my MAN OF THE MATCH for Arsenal, Those saves were top class and kept us in the match.
I am still at a loss on those disallowed goals,
While the offsidse decision could be accepted(though it seems so marginal), What the heck was wrong with Ade's goal. , I have seen the likes of Yak,Drogba and Heskey score those type of goals where a big Centre-forward shrugs off a 'weak' centre-half off the ball and puts the ball in the net,

And talk of 'near fights' all thru the Grand Slam Sunday, Torres vs Rio, Mascherano vs Evra,Cashley vs Fab,JT vs Fab,
All of them must have watched the Mayweather fight last weekend grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2007
We won. Three points in the sack. Nuff said.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2007
what happened to FAB4, why didnt he score that goal? we cant afford to waste those kind of chances cos one of these days it will cost us big time. we shld have won like 3-0 but we won by a mere 1-0

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2007
I am very annoyed that no one broke Ashley Coles leg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Vieira,

What's up with ur siggy? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I can have u nicked for infringing my copyright laws. grin grin grin

Fab4 should have copped a red card for fouling Ashley Cole like that.
That was clearly a dangerous tackle from behind . . .I was so happy when Ashley bitch-slapped Fab4.
Who wlda thunk that the same Fab4 that was lecturing ANDERSON in November could have been so dramatic?
Cheating GAYnners!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2007
That siggy was in honour of your statement.

The only thing wrong with Fabregas challenge was the fact that Ashley was able to stand up.

Don't you think Ashley should get a red card for raising his hand towards Fab4??

At least he should get a red card for just being a bleeping cu.nt.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2007
And who would have thunk that Divino would go missing in another "BIG GAME!?"

Why should Fab4 have gotten a RED afterall, the Ref let so many incidents go unpunished (Both from Arsenal and The Chavs).

Well if Cole "Bitch slapped" Cesc, then i guess Gallas "Bitch Slapped" the whole Chelsea team. So it evens itself out.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
Jackal:

@ Vieira,

What's up with your siggy? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I can have u nicked for infringing my copyright laws. grin grin grin

Fab4 should have copped a red card for fouling Ashley Cole like that.
That was clearly a dangerous tackle from behind . . .I was so happy when Ashley bitch-slapped Fab4.
Who wlda thunk that the same Fab4 that was lecturing ANDERSON in November could have been so dramatic?
Cheating GAYnners!!!!!

Jackal i smell smoke, don't blow now, Fab got a yellow for that tackle and Cashley Cole got nothing (Where's the freaking justice) that was the manner of the game and the ref let it flow like that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Vieira & Chuckdee4,

The tackle from behind is one of the most egregious things in the game rightly outlawed some years ago when FIFA directed refs to issue the red card. The player doesn't see it coming, so can't ride the impact making it a potential career-finisher.
It was also totally deliberate (rather than mis-timed) as the angle of attack is clear. And it's the work of a coward.
Fabregas is a dirrrrrrrty player!!!!

@ Loyika,

Stop talking like a ninny . . . .Yesterday's game was all about GRIT and BAD BLOOD.
It wasn't meant to be star-dust kizzack . . . .what exactly did Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky and Adebayor play yesterday?
The fact that Gael Clichy and Rio Ferdinand won the MOTM awards clearly shows there was nuthing in it for the super-stars.
RVP and Cesc were particularly shambolic in front of goal.
Where's debosky who had the nerves to slate Tevez for missing from 6 yards . . . .Fab missed from 2 yards!!!!

Ronaldo was triple-beamed by 3 Liverpool players every time he gets the ball . . .
If Wes Brown had more ambition to go forward like Evra does then i think Ronaldo would have flourished.
When Ronaldo moved to the left, he cut the Scouser's defence into bits and supplied Wazza the best pass of the day which Rooney scuffed.
Get your facts right before spilling your rusty ejaculates as usual . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2007
Chacal tongue

Stop spewing[i] "bollocks". [/i] Work of a coward Then i guess Paul Scholes is the best Coward around, cause thats his stock in trade grin grin

Once again, YOU DEFEND DIVINO

Hey guys, saw this comment from Guardian Blogs, still laughing here cheesy cheesy cheesy

"Does cristano dive in the dressing room as well? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Against Derby, with game wrapped up and in injury time,he chose to tangle himself with the defender and dived.Against Pool he even did it outside the box.He seem to be very consistent in doing this, just as consistent in being quiet in BIG games. It's a disgrace to KAKA, for being nominated alongside him.

cheesy GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ Loyika,

Thats someone's opinion . . . .They are not facts.
Seems u cannot distinguish between the 2 . . . .Those are the words of a retarded goat!!!!!
Everyone bar u and the author of that twaddle knows Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player in the world.
Did u see Cesc's dive in the penalty area last night?
Look at the way he also exaggerated when Cashley bitch-slapped him?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:26pm On Dec 17, 2007
Chacal

Your a clown grin did i not say it was an opinion i saw on Guardian blog i said i found it funny, and wanted fellow Gunners to share in the fun I have no idea how this concerns you a Scum United supporter.

And please stop sounding silly tongue, Every neutral footie supporter knows that Divino is a Diver, its like Arsenal supporters saying Eboue doesn't dive Calling Cesc a diver is like calling Ronney one, they do it occasionally (all players do). But Ronaldo is known around the world for this, and even his manager and co-players have acknowledged that part of his game that they feel he is trying to eradicate.

But as usual, you defend everything United. Did anyone question his skills here

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2007
Ronaldo doesn't dive.
A player governed by amazing speed has the tendency to go down with the slightest of touches . . . Its a law in PHYSICS.
Thats why u see Messi, Ronaldo and Robben go down all the time when gorillas like Eboue and Sagna throw in the tackles.
Fabregas has no speed . . . his greatest weapon is his vision and the ability to measure passes so why go down easily like a bitch?
I saw him lecturing Anderson some few weeks back only for him to do exactly what he was judging somebody else for . . .
Fabregas is known as a diver everywhere . . . .The way he did self-inflicted tackle on himself on youtube has generated 1 million hits already. tongue tongue

Its just unfair to single out Man Utd players as divers when u have many of them in your camp.
That Arrow-looking gaynner named Debosky all condemned Anderson for trying to get a player booked. Fair enough!!!!!
I am yet to see anyone here condemn Bacary Sagna for doing the same thing against Newcastle last week.
Ma question is . . . .why do we have a law for Arsenal and a different one for other teams?
Lets face it . . .Arsenal fans are pathetic, moronic and maybe ninnies . . . .ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2007
Jackal:

Ronaldo doesn't dive.

Yeah Right and SAF is not a pervert

Please, Ronaldo dives just like every other player, but Ronaldo exaggerates more than any other player in the premiership, he did it last week, yesterday he did it, Ronaldo makes Eboue look like a saint (Notice i'm admitting Eboue dives, unlike u). Fab goes down like most players in modern football do but is not in the league of Ronaldo. As good as a player Ronaldo is, lets face fact he's a cheat, imagine what he would be doing if he played for a weaker team, he'lld be rolling all over the place
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2007
Why are you all sweating Cesc? We all know C.Ron is the best diver in the world he is billed to represent Portugal at next years Beijing Olympics in diving
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2007
Jackal:

Ronaldo doesn't dive.

really, then i'm the duke of edinburgh,

but jackal u seem to forget that such player aware of such tendency tend to use them to their advantage,

and in ronaldo's case he knows that he's fast and if anyone touches him he goes down even in the faintest of touches of which he can still stand,

face jackal, he dives, everyone knows that, i don't know why u r protecting him, or is he sucking your dick too,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2007
@ A-40,

Cesc is a Arrow!!!!!
He is too arrogant for me liking these days . . .
I hope he tangles with Rooney one day the way he tackled Ashley Cole . . . .He would get the smack of his gay life!!!!

@ Lordi,

U are not the Duke of Edinburgh.
You are simply the Lord of gays. grin grin grin
When are u inviting me to your crib? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2007
@jackal

well u r the king of wankers,

i think u've been shagging too much, i think u've been infected with emm, razorrphernia, grin

when will u ever agree that we are good enough to win the title

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.