Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,014 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517454 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by anusule(m): 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2008
yesterday, eagles broke my heart
today, arsenal shattered it. five goals!!!!!! jeez!! shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2008
Arsenal can never lose . They have joined the long list of GONERS!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:10pm On Jan 22, 2008
anusule:

Great achievement, abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by teemoe(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
Arsenal just got punked
5-1 DAMMMMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with FABREGAS, HLEB, GALLAS, ADEBAYOR, SAGNA, WALCOTT, BENDTNER,
, arsenal still got crushed, USELESS TWATS!!!!!

, SHIT FANS, SHIT CLUB
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
Bendtner was alright, he was a bit demoralised by the own goal.

He tried to score but hit the bar. . .unlucky. In a few years he'll give an interview about how he became a man in this game cool

Theo? Not enough service if you ask me, its not like he was given chances and he wasted them, still a work in progress

Diaby? Not good enough I'm afraid, loads of talent, but poor application.

Hoyte and Gallas suffered from never playing together, can happen to anyone.

Gilberto? COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS. No new deal please! angry

Traore? Got skinned a few times, average game, he will learn too. cool

We missed Flamini's workrate in midfield

no need to talk about Ade and Dudu, they are our 1&2 strikers respectively, no doubt about it

Hleb and Sagna were good, not as effective as their best, but we know what they can do.

All in all, a good game to lose if you ask me, give the Spurs a little hope before it gets crushed by Chelski grin grin

Allows us to Focus on the premiership - with these injuries, I'm glad we don't have to face the butchers called Chelski cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DD5: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2008
Nazzyon try godaddy for $10/yr.

Debosky losing is not good at all. Losing 5-1 is a disaster that must be rectified. Even when Man U lose its not because they were played off the park but because they simply were unlucky. We need to add steel to our midfield and defence. Our attack with Ade and RVP/Eduardo is useless.

Pls S'ton come back for Theo, all is forgiven just get him off.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 11:13pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ nateevs,
i am more than convinced now that arsenal will finish trophyless again. arsene wenger hasn't learnt a great deal.  they have boxed themselves into a corner by losing in this competition. man utd or chelsea will win the league, arsenal will crash in the next round of the champions league. whats left? fa cup? anyone can win that. liverppool will go on to win the fa cup or even man utd. arsenal will field theo walcott and bendtner(own goal scorer). cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DD5: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2008
anusule:

you're lucky, you still had a heart today. After Serena got pulverised yesterday i had no heart left to shatter. But for Nadal i'd be wearing sackcloth and ashes right now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pahtahkee: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
Fabianski, Sagna, Hoyte, Gallas, Traore, Hleb, Silva, Diaby, Adebayor, Bendtner, Eduardo.

Yet we can't perform! What a shame.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
@Debosky a.k.a Losing is good

Always look on the brightside of a 5-1 loss grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2008
debosky:

Bendtner was alright, he was a bit demoralised by the own goal.

He tried to score but hit the bar. . .unlucky. In a few years he'll give an interview about how he became a man in this game  cool

Theo? Not enough service if you ask me, its not like he was given chances and he wasted them, still a work in progress

Diaby? Not good enough I'm afraid, loads of talent, but poor application.

Hoyte and Gallas suffered from never playing together, can happen to anyone.

Gilberto? COMPLETELY ANONYMOUS. No new deal please!  angry

Traore? Got skinned a few times, average game, he will learn too.  cool

We missed Flamini's workrate in midfield

no need to talk about Ade and Dudu, they are our 1&2 strikers respectively, no doubt about it

Hleb and Sagna were good, not as effective as their best, but we know what they can do.

All in all, a good game to lose if you ask me, give the Spurs a little hope before it gets crushed by Chelski  grin grin

Allows us to Focus on the premiership - with these injuries, I'm glad we don't have to face the butchers called Chelski  cool

Kai, no difference between Arsenal fans and Naija fans. You don dey hand pick the odd.

It is just a second loss in the league, Bros take am easy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2008
Theo, not enough service

What else does he want??

He was shit, end of.

Diaby was shit as well, end of.

Newcastle must be beaten like 10-0 to erase this nonsense game from memory.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2008
Cougar:

@ nateevs,
i am more than convinced now that arsenal will finish trophyless again. arsene wenger hasn't learnt a great deal. they have boxed themselves into a corner by losing in this competition. man utd or chelsea will win the league, arsenal will crash in the next round of the carling cup. whats left? fa cup? anyone can win that. liverppool will go on to win the fa cup or even man utd. arsenal will field theo walcott and bendtner(own goal scorer). cheesy cheesy

slow your roll dude! cheesy

I know you creamed your lace panties because we lost, but calm down. wink

We lost spectacularly, good! cool

the boys will know now that nothing is going to be given to you unless you FIGHT for it!

Only Ade, Gallas, Hleb and Fab4 looked like they really wanted to win, the others have to learn that too.

@ nazzyon

correction, this is the CARLING CUP wink not the league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2008
All the other muppets on this thread can go finger themselves.

In the premiership we are tied at the top on points and no muppets from other clubs should come here and start talking crap.

The only people who any right to come here and crow are Tottenham fans.

I will accept only abuse from tottenham fans and no one else.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 22, 2008
Man Utd 0-2 Coventry. . . Remember that day?Now its time for em mancs to get their revenge.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Islander(f): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2008
ROFLMSAO, Vagina, I just knew I would have you sweating like a sow pig, BTW was that your post to me your attempt at convincing us that the rumours about you attending classes during recess false? LOL,

I am still at work and cannot devote too much time, but I soon would be home, Then I would be back,

Hey Arrow, I think it's high time you and yours desist from calling others names, since you like I know how much Europe is becoming frustrated with the number of sick pussies you export yearly, Now bat you wish to fight? If I were you I would be very careful with what I wish for,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Debosky

Yes, I know. But loosing  an only possibly chance of success in 2008 is not a good new.

Haven't you realised that you have to do some magic to win the premierleague when Manchester United and Chelsea are also aiming for the cup?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ debosky,
losing to spurs is no biggie. it was the circumstances surrounding ur loss that got my heart racing. why come this far to lose 5-1. if this had happened in the 1st game then one would think wenger is not bent winning this competition. why come this far to lose 5-1? a lot of people are saying they were kids. gallas, silva, fabregas, hleb, adebayor and eduardo are not kids. wenger wanted to win but he lost to a better side tonight. end of story.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pahtahkee: 11:28pm On Jan 22, 2008
Cougar:

@ debosky,
losing to spurs is no biggie. it was the circumstances surrounding your loss that got my heart racing. why come this far to lose 5-1. if this had happened in the 1st game then one would think wenger is not bent winning this competition. why come this far to lose 5-1? a lot of people are saying they were kids. gallas, silva, fabregas, hleb, adebayor and eduardo are not kids. wenger wanted to win but he lost to a better side tonight. end of story.

Thanks next!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2008
Haha! Erin pami leke mejeji.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2008
Short of words but is that young gooners of old gooners.
Please i need and ansa.
Tomorrow when SAF talk you gooners will compare him with wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DD5: 11:30pm On Jan 22, 2008
Well said Cougar. I have long pulled my head out of the sand of "kids" . . . we are in this to win trophies not to impress people with pretty football played by kids. But its far from the end of the road . . . the premiership will be a different matter.

Ferguson will be happy at this defeat but he'll be wise enough to not take this to mean Arsenal's challenge is over.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:31pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Cougar

Of course we lost to a better side. . .did I contest that in my postings?

Same way MU lost to a better Coventry at OT " grin "

This isn't a matter of 'kids' - we lost to a more motivated side with NO hope of anything else this season. . .It came down to who wanted it the most, and they did.

First as their only chance of silverware, and second to break the 10 year jinx. two very motivating factors, not counting that they rested 3 of their best for this game.

No excuses however, Tottenham won fair and square, exciting goals too.

This loss will hurt no doubt, but the pain will be wisely channeled by AW. . .watch out premiership cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2008
First Goal

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 11:36pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ Debosky

No hard feelings right?

Good luck next time.

I wan go discuss money small. Off to biz section
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2008
Enjoy guys but remember you guys are coming to OT next. AW pele we will console you by beating them 6-0 in OT

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2008
I hope this does not translate into the premiership. Arsenal have a way of pulling a long string of wins and then just one loss will snowball into a string of losses. I hope it does not happen this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by darfur(m): 11:38pm On Jan 22, 2008
grin grin grin

i no talk lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 11:40pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ debosky,
so u wanna compare 5-1 defeat to 2-0 at old trafford? 5-1 defeat to a team that had hleb, cesc, adebayor, eduardo and gallas is appaling. i know football is crazy but what are the odds spurs would win 5-1 tonight? maybe 10,000/1. only a drunk would have stake such bets with betfred. cheesy cheesy
i admire your patriotism but lets face it. arsenal has lost all bragging rights after tonight's game. mark my words again, arsenal will not win a single title this season. this defeat will demoralise the young kids.
@ i-man,
are u watching skysports 1 now? can u see ronaldo's mum saying she wants to see ronaldo play for real madrid before she dies. real madrid execs have rubbed her palms. ronaldo might leave soon.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2008
Islander, I do not have time to talk your smacked arse of a face.

I more important matters concerning my team.

Arsenal will bounce back next week.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 11:45pm On Jan 22, 2008
What really caught my attention was a moment of friction between Bendtner and Gallas. I'm not sure aw Adebayor got involved but he seemed to be a part of it as well.

That is so not good for team spirit . . . with respect to the premiership. It's a big test to an already fragile team. Let's see aw they cope. I know they can't. . . . . .  but we see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2008
nateevs:

What really caught my attention was a moment of friction between Bendtner and Gallas. I'm not sure aw Adebayor got involved but he seemed to be a part of it as well.

That is so not good for team spirit . . . with respect to the premiership. It's a big test to an already fragile team. Let's see aw they cope. I know they can't. . . . . . but we see.
That shows how immature the team is. How can they be fighting against each other in a difficult moment like that.
One United

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.