Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,965 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:57 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517448 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2006
nothing much kit . . .just want the weekend to come soon . .so we can teach em romans a lesson . .like we did to mansum tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2006
but next time leave out the bloos mules ok

Am i lying?

Did we rule or not?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2006
no you did not rule grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2006
Muki, hope u have ur bullet-proof on?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2006
Arsenal rules right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2006
@kit its always on man cheesy pls translate what you said on the mofo thread tongue

@amodu get thee behind you evil one shocked angry grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2006
Will give my opinions on the game with the russians on saturday, but what i will say for now is that i am not feeling this game I have this uneasy feeling, maybe its the friday blues, but i have not felt like this about an Arsenal fixture in a while. Maybe watching highlights like this makes me wish for the past;

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=433764&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=FREE+VIDEO+CLIP+-+The+ATVO+Friday+Goal

Notice the squad; Cole, Pires, Bergkamp, Viera, Edu All gone cry cry

Now we don't even have Henry, Gallas, Rosicky, Lauren, Kolo cry cry

I am not really looking forward to sunday, cause the squad is an excuse waiting to happen. This is one of those games where anything crazy can happen (afterall we went to Scum land and pulled off a terrific result)

Maybe i will feel confident as the game approaches, but i have butterflies in my tummy just thinking about the game.

Maybe if Wenger chose this midfield i would feel much better

Hleb Fabregas Gilberto Wallcot

Do we need the Beast in this , i think we need speed of game and thought to trouble lamps, maka, M Bollocks and the biscen.

However i think Le Prof will prefer experience and play Lungberg. FFS don't be too cautious and play the Flamster in midfield tongue.

Defence should be Eboue cry Johan D, Senderos cry Clicy

Then attack would be RVP and Ade, but that depends on Wenger adopting a real 4-4-2 formation (what do we have to lose) But i think he will do the 4-5-1 and wait till half time, or we concede before he tinkers with formations.

Please Wenger give theo a chance against tweedy, i believe he will eat him raw

Anyways will look at our realistic chances better tomorrow

Have a lovely weekend my fellow Gooners cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2006
@ loyika
that was nice.
but am also faltering with our squad's loss of some keys players, for christ sake we are not playing Southend grin, we are playing Chelsea.

No problem, God would see us through

ARSENAL RULES cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by shakamc(m): 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2006
gun down the haters!!!!

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2006
catch you guys later.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2006
djourou is out,

so we have few options at the back,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2006
Don't worry, we can lend you Boulharouz grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 9:44am On Dec 09, 2006
amodu:

Don't worry, we can lend you Boulharouz grin

I think you are not serious.
BOULHAROUZ!!! the worst defender in chelsea, have you forgotten what Robbie Keane did to him grin that is the knid of person you are prescribing for Arsenal.

i think you are drunk.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2006
Is he not better of Djourou and senderos?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2006
never!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2006
We shall see their lapses on Sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 10:20am On Dec 09, 2006
i doubt it if Mourinho would want to use him because he knows how weak his defence is.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2006
Why using him when Terry and Carvalho are available.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2006
well you've said it all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2006
We will see how Djourou and Senderos will cope with Drogba and Shevi.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2006
Amodu i give up.
you're on your own.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 11:42am On Dec 09, 2006
One man’s problem is another man’s opportunity.

While many would regard Arsenal’s trip to Chelsea on Sunday as injury-hit and ill-timed, Arsène Wenger believes the Stamford Bridge excursion has come right on cue.

His side might be without three of their most experienced players but, make no mistake, the Frenchman is still actively pursuing the Premiership title. Having taken three points off leaders Manchester United at Old Trafford, the Arsenal manager argues pulling off the same trick against the second place team would kick-start their long-range pursuit of England’s top prize.

"I think it is a very good circumstance for us,” said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday. “It is a relief for the team to qualify for the Champions League [Knockout Stage] and we responded well last week with a good win over Tottenham.

"The morale in the squad is very high and I feel we can go there and beat them.

“I want to win the Premiership and it is a good chance on Sunday to reduce the gap between us and Chelsea. It is up to us to do it.

”It is always difficult to win there but I would give everything for us to do it and go on to win the title.

”It looks crazy, but the next game is Chelsea and it is a good opportunity for us. Man United are still a long way away but we have done well in the big games until now. This is an opportunity for us to show we have the character and the quality. I trust my players to deliver something special on Sunday.”

Thierry Henry (sciatic nerve) will be out for at least another week while Kolo Toure is suspended. William Gallas (thigh) failed a fitness test on Friday morning but Johan Djourou has recovered from his hamstring strain and will take his place alongside Philippe Senderos at centre back. Gael Clichy and Emmanuel Eboue will complete arguably the youngest backline Wenger has ever fielded in a game of this magnitude.

The manager admits that his emphasis on youth has temporarily hampered his team title ambitions. In their stead, Chelsea have scooped back-to-back Premiership crowns. The Arsenal manager acknowledges that, in the starkness of the Premiership table, Jose Mourinho’s side have stolen a march on their North London neighbour. But, he adds, Arsenal are on the rise again.

“Chelsea have become better in recent years,” he said. “It is a side that has been slowly growing and maturing. All their players are between 26 and 32 so they know how to handle big games and be efficient.

“Three or four years ago it was a young side with Lampard and Terry but they are better now. They have also had an injection of good players and they have a good manager. That has made a difference.

”You can only go with the table and think that we have regressed a little bit in comparison but we have rebuilt now and we have huge potential.

“We got to the Final of the Champions League without losing a game and we had a good run after Christmas. That is why I feel the team is ready to take off again.”

Sunday would be the perfect time for the youngsters to spread their wings.

By Richard Clarke.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2006
Arsene Wenger has also join JM in mouth making. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 12:12am On Dec 10, 2006
I do not see any bragging there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:37am On Dec 10, 2006
Kolo Toure is out? shocked shocked

I think Gilberto Silva should play at the back undecided, Drogba can only do his worse he's just a dirty player anyway

I think we'll cope 4-5-1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:12am On Dec 10, 2006
Hmm, fingers crossed

we are not in good shape at the back without Kolo the rock or Gallas embarassed

If we get out with a draw i'll be glad. . . . . . . . . . . but let hope not die!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 7:29am On Dec 10, 2006
@debosky

wat do u mean, a draw,

we are gonna beat chelsea black and blue,

black (away) blue (at home), any way, any how, whichever way, always,

we are a depleted side, but we are coming out on top,

stay positive gunners, we are winning,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 12:01pm On Dec 10, 2006
With Kolo Toure and William Gallas suspended, Senderos will be drafted into the side to partner Johan Djourou. Wenger backed the elder of the Swiss duo to overcome any Drogba demons.

"It is a big challenge for him,” said the manager. “But he will play. He has had some good games against Drogba and he has improved a lot. What is good for him at his age is that next year you can always go out and prove that.

"It is all part of the learning process for him. Last year he had some very good games in the Champions League when we went 10 games without conceding a goal and I am very confident he will do well.

“Philippe is more experienced today and he can show that in a game against Drogba.”
cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2006
lets hope he performs today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 1:47pm On Dec 10, 2006
We expect nothing but the best cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 1:53pm On Dec 10, 2006
keep your fingers crossed

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:32pm On Dec 10, 2006
my fingers are more than crossed . .

dang i am too nervous . . embarassed
guys . pls pray .i want us to win , embarassed embarassed

go gunners make us proud . . . kiss kiss kiss

lehmann pls behave today . . . sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.