Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512094 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2006
Vieira:

We have two penalties and not one was from a dive but Ronaldo has made it an art form. I understand that Portugal are considering entering him into the Olympics as part of the diving team.

lol, portuguese diving team, ha ha ha ah ah
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2006
@Jackal, i wonder when you would stop whining about petty things like dodgy decisions going Arsenal's way or not,

You were copiously referring to rule 12 and Tge to validate your baseless argument on Ronaldo's theatrics,

am i surprised? No,

the question is did Chimbonda not do himself in with how he completed the tackle in clipping Rosicky down? grin

Was RVP not on G Poll's blind side?

If so can't it be excused that the Ref did not have a clear view of the ball handling and why did Jenas have to hack him down? undecided

Quit hating and admit your failure in predicting 2-1(na beans?) against Arsenal,

oh my world! I tot i told you we have started our winning streak, cool

anyway as its a Sunday, i forgive u, go and sin no more against Arsenal, lol  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2006
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2006
@ Vieira & Kitaun,
Y'all guys are just big-time cock-suckers.

One of u said RVP's foul was on Graham Poll's blind side and so bleeping what?
Are u justifying RVP's foul because Graham "GOONER" Poll suddenly suffer from myopia?
Would that have happened if thr match was played at White Hart Lane?
You do the math--------------Graham Poll is a disgrace to Premiership Referees.
What is the job of 'em line assistants even if Graham Poll suddenly goes blind and could not spot RVP handling the ball to his advantage.
The handling happened before Jenas hacked RVP down and Mr Poll should have given a foul even before the penalty incident.

Chimbonda's tackle on Rosicky was genuine.
Would Rosicky have scored? Its 50-50.
The same Tomas Rosicky missed a gaping net against CSKA Moscow at the Emirates.
I am still fazed gooners are backing this claim.
The incident has been reviewed times without number and i don't know why Graham Poll gave that penalty.
Was he trying to please the home fans?
Arsenal would have still won the game because SPURS were very poor but Graham Poll helped Arsenal with the good score-line.

Did Ronaldo dive last night? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
The lad is pacy and any minimal contact is capable of knocking him off balance.
The Ref gave a penalty cos there was an INTENT from the goal-keeper to kick Ronaldo.
Is Ronaldo guilty of diving by protecting himself to avoid the Goalie's tackle?

For instance, i try to slap u and i withdraw ma hands at the last micro-second.
If u react instinctively to protect urself, is that diving?
Was there a contact to make u react?
Is it until there's a contact before a player can react?
Ask urself this question again before accusing any player of diving.

Gooners don't like him but the Portugese dude is a gem.
Name any Arsenal player better than Ronaldo? Zilch.
Anyways, enjoy the victory and make sure u beat Chelsea next sunday.
Its high time u guys start grinding results as United is flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2006
Anyone in Arsenal better than your schoolboy gymnast Ronaldive? Oh yes and u know! Since you have not said anything new save for agreeing we were the beta side, then keep sulking and whining as if Manscum just lost the league, ur whining keeps reminding of Mendes' goal couple of yrs ago which dubiously was not awarded them(Spurs). Did Schwarzer come in contact with Ronaldive at all? Hell to the no!! So wtf are u yapping 'bout? If u say there was minimal contact that must mean your eyes have gone defective, you must book an appointment with ur optician and soon too, rule 12 my fòot!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2006
Dnt give a Bleep wut any1 thinks
we won penalty or no penalty.

Na una talk say make we no dey play sexy football
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2006
Lmao @tosinadeda, who cares? We r up dey whine! We r down they whine more! Shows they are always left astounded by our feats, lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2006
@ kituan
leave all o'em alone let 'em speak.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2006
@ Kitaun,

I wont bring maself to argue wiv a soccer-illiterate like u.
The fact is, u don't need to make contact to give a penalty.
If u are fazed pls rewind back to Gerrad's incident against Sheffield United. tongue
Whether Schwarzer made contact with Ronaldo or not is not even the debate.
The debate here is, was Schwarzer's intended tackle reason enough to put Ronaldo off-balance and prevented a goal? The answer is YES.

Y'all cock-suckers are whinning here because the player involved was RONALDO.
The villain @ the world cup, the lad mpst people thought was responsible for England's exit.
If Henry was involved in that kinda situation, no one will say shit.

Is there any diver in Arsenal team? There are plenty of em.
Emmanuel Eboue is a sky-diver. He wld have done better threading on the profession of sky-diving.
We r still debating here if there was contact or no contact as regards Ronaldo.
What would u say about Eboue's theatrics at the UCL? The wind speed must have struck him to the ground that night. grin
Furthermore, what about Rosicky's dive yesterday? Was there any contact with him?
At the end of the day, we are 16 points ahead of y'all wankers so beat that!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 8:41pm On Dec 03, 2006
@Jackal

Since you are the soccer-genius you call yourself angry

why have this much an hardon on these issues

Ok, we have heard you  angry

RONALDO IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD angry

At least that seems what you want to hear abi?

All this talk of diving, dodgy decisions has become so boring courtesy of your lazy arguments undecided

you seem to be the only one that accepts it was no dive, talk of objectivity at its worst undecided

Who cares if Ronaldo was a hero or villain at the World Cup, wetin concern agbero with overload? tongue

Eboue dived at the UECL and even the Gaffer spoke against it, so WTF? tongue

So there was no contact with Rosiscky? Hope you were not with those chicks to have had your senses distended shocked grin

You had your 3 points and we ours so lets bury the fucking issue and move on

Man Utd Vs Aston Villa

Arsenal  Vs Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2006
At least this time around you dont have a club whose name sounds like Southend to play against so no excuses!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:54am On Dec 04, 2006
Gooners cool

Good Morn cool

Seems theres trouble in ARSENAL LAND

Arsene must sort out Henry & Eboue ASAP

By Myles Palmer

WE CAN only guess what's really going on with Thierry Henry, so here's my guess.

Someone on the board had told Arsene Wenger to sort him out.

Arsene hasn't had the bottle to confront his superstar until now.

But I think they've made him do it. They've made him grasp the nettle. They've made him stop ignoring the elephant in the room.

Maybe the sponsors are unhappy with Henry's behaviour. Maybe the sponsors want the manager to sign more proven players.

Maybe the sponsors are unhappy that AW only wants to do it his way, with pace and gifted foreign kids.

To see Arsene on Match of the Day, taking about the Henry situation, was fascinating.
His face spoke volumes.
His tone of voice spoke further volumes.
He refusal to say more than two lines was the British Library.

THIS WAS something radically new, something we have never seen before.

Until now the Arsenal board has worshipped the ground Arsene Wenger walks on and until now Arsene has worshipped the turf that Thierry Henry prances on.

But maybe the board don't want Arsenal to spend another season struggling for fourth place in the league.

On Sunday, Amy Lawrence reported this in The Observer :

Half an hour after the final whistle, Wenger struggled to emulate his compatriot's high spirits when conversation turned from a comfortable 3-0 win to Henry. Habitually loath to criticise his own players when there is another excuse to lean on, Wenger's unease was conspicuous and did little to suggest the 'Thierry bust-up' headlines were the pure fiction Henry would have us believe.

'I want to sit down with him and tell him what I expect of him when he has recovered,' said Wenger, with conspicuous iciness. How did he feel about Henry giving statements about how he felt? 'I am not happy and not unhappy,' said Wenger. 'He is tired and needs to take time to prepare to play. He cannot rest for five days and then come straight back without preparing properly and play at the level the players did against Tottenham. I don't want to talk more about it. I want to give a lot of credit to the team and the rest is internal matters.'

With conspicuous iciness?
BLIMEY !
Tell him what I expect of him?
Henry DOESN'T KNOW what's expected of him?

Is this multi-millionaire flaneur soaring so high in endorsement heaven that mere mortals can't communicate with him ?

Incredibly, Henry was on the pitch after the game, sharing glory he didn't deserve to share.

He was totally out of order to go on the pitch. If he wants to congratulate his team he should do that in private, away from the cameras.

Arsene said, "That was his own initiative."

Over the last five years I've watched Thierry Henry take narcissism to a level I've never seen before in football. He has taken narcissism to a level I didn't know existed.

A reader wrote to us last week about The Wisdom of Crowds.

On Saturday, as Arsenal strolled to a surprisingly easy 3-0 win over Tottenham, something unusual happened. Or, rather, didn't happen. It was the first time that Arsenal fans did not sing Henry's name. That's right : they didn't sing his name once.

LOOKS to me as if the directors have insisted that the manager stops pussyfooting around a superstar who is not delivering.

Just a shame that AW didn't give Henry a reality-check years ago.

Henry will be out for a month. And that is OK. The team plays better without him.

IT'S ALSO A SHAME that Eboue is not as humble and steady as his friend Kolo Toure.

Eboue was throwing wobblies when anybody touched him -and that is pathetic.

At the end, after Robbie Keane elbowed him in the body, Toure and Fabregas had to calm Eboue down. When you're winning 3-0, and enjoying a walkover against a Spurs team who didn't turn up, why get agitated ? The game's over in two minutes and you've earned your three points.
So it's time for Arsene to tell his right back, "Cut that out. Football is a contact sport, people get whacked in every game, often accidentally. Cut those tantrums out. Grow up ! The next time you do that I will take you off and put Justin Hoyte on."

WHAT ABOUT WEDNESDAY NIGHT, Matchday 6 in the so-called Champions League ?

A team that can thrash Spurs 3-0 might be able to draw 1-1 in Porto on Wednesday night.

If Arsenal win they will have beaten Man United, Spurs and Porto without Thierry Henry.

If they lose it might be a good thing in the long term.

It would allow them to put right what is going wrong. No one player is a team or a club. If Thierry Henry is not performing he should not be in the team. If he was at Manchester United, Chelsea or Liverpool he would have been dropped two months ago.

It would allow Arsenal to concentrate on finishing above Portsmouth, Liverpool, Reading and Aston Villa.

Long-term, who knows what will happen at the club?

West Ham was sold after Aston Villa was sold after Man United was sold after Chelsea was sold.
Liverpool will soon be bought by an American.

After Liverpool, who's next ?

I don't know but I'm fairly sure chief shareholder Danny Fiszman won't be around after Arsene Wenger goes.

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=431&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42

And here also Amy Lawrence's take on the situation

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,1963155,00.html

and

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0,,1963010,00.html

Do we need all this thrash right now at the Grove Definately not tongue

The Gaffer needs to sort Henry out, either he is part of the team or Thanks for all the memories TH but, GET LOST!!! angry

Thats my say on the issue

He isn't playing against Chelski cheesy Good i say, we must learn to survive without him and we will. WE ARE ARSENAL

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Damy(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2006
no henry no arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 11:39am On Dec 04, 2006
@ damy

why do you keep posting shit in here,

if you don't have anything better to say the get the Bleep outta here.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by gaby(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2006
Yeah Henry thanks for the good memories if you wanna go, no one man is bigger than a team or club arsenal can still make more henries in future,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2006
go gunners, gun down the portuguese grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2006
Anyways, enjoy the victory and make sure u beat Chelsea next sunday.

Jackal, are they capable of doing that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by slimnike(m): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2006
Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea, Oh Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2006
I hate the Gunners but for once,I am going to support them against Chelsea.Knowing how messed up the Gunners are I don't have much hope.They should stop calling themselves Gunners and start calling themselves Gonners,because they are gone as far challenging for trophies in the fiture is concerned

Man Utd 4 life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2006
Thats some shiit loyika,
Some real readable shiiiiit
Arsenal play well without Henry, ? Hmmmm  lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by LoverBwoy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 04, 2006
the only reason why those man utd supporters are floodin here is so we can take the heat off their ass!!

chelsea is waiting for the ultimate slip up, man u had a chance to go clear but they couldnt beat them in their own backyard, doyour own work and stop banking on others or are you scared you'll get hit bad soon? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 2:25pm On Dec 04, 2006
They aren't confident of their team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2006
U both should just get the Bleep behind us and i mean Manscum and Chelski!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 3:40am On Dec 05, 2006
Still swearing and cussing at other teams grin
Y r u pissed,,,, ur team won 3 to 0 and u guys r 3rd on the table (even if it might be transiently)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2006
Uche2nna, wetin be your own? You this womanizer! Lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 7:15pm On Dec 05, 2006
Who the 4ck is
4 play?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 9:08am On Dec 06, 2006
G Morn guyz, just to tell you all Wenger sent me an apology letter for the inconsistencies and also another one promising to take Chelski to the cleaners, i replied saying "but we got Porto 2moro (2day)?" And he said "not to worry, they are no stumbling block in anyway to our qualification, cos its a foregone conclusion". Well, what more can i say?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2006
you've said it all bro, all we have to do is wait and see how truthful wenger can be smiley cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sil(m): 9:43am On Dec 06, 2006
Really!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2006
Worm, best believe Wenger was in Lagos few days to our Spurs match and i took him to see my babalawo who gave him a 'winning streak' herbal concoction and believe me its gonna work just has it started against Spurs! Abi u no see say hin head don dey correct again? Lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 9:57am On Dec 06, 2006
Worm, best believe Wenger was in Lagos few days to our Spurs match and i took him to see my babalawo who gave him a 'winning streak' herbal concoction and believe me its gonna work just has it started against Spurs! Abi u no see say hin head don dey correct again? Lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by magneto(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2006
buhahahahaaaa, i say amen to that! damn i luv this place. . . GUNNERS FOR LIFE!!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.