Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,383 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (505) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (514255 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 9:58pm On Mar 27, 2008
Sagna out

Very bad, he's been one of our most consistent performers all season, thank God its not a very vital position, at least we've got Hoyte or Eboue to cover up. Although Hoyte was terrible against the scummies i still think he's capable cos i've seen much better from him.

@ loyika

nicely said, i pointed out that our boys had played a similar number of games as the United boys so fatigue to me is not the main excuse, they do seem to be bottling it and i feel a good kicking up the back side or better competition for places would make everyone sit up and smeall the coffee.
the season is still far fom done and i feel more twists and turns, game on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by yommys01(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2008
some one should please tell Arsene to use Eboue for right back and not the wing,let walcot be giving a better chance for once. I think we can still win the league if that make will use his sense for once

Join soccerfanbase.com for the best of soccer discussion
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2008
Maybe, those of you that have a problem with arsene's selection policy should take over from him. Some of you cannot even manage a primary school team and here you are saying arsene do this, arsene do that. you are entitled to your own opinion as there is freedom of speech. however, there is no fredom to be disrespectful to a man of wenger's PEDIGREE. if Arsenal enventually end the season without any trophy, LIFE GOES ON.

GUNNERS FOR LIFE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by yommys01(m): 11:23pm On Mar 27, 2008
vicade I think you are one of those that will be blinded by sentiment , a dead man knows Arsene arrogance is our major problem. your post has shown that you will be more arrogant than the french man should you get the opportunity to coach any team : I am sure not Arsenal though but maybe your street's five A side

Join A forum that is entirely soccer oriented and aims at gathering football fans from all over the world in order to satisfy their thirst for discussions and provide them with the latest news from the soccer world. We discuss issues as national championships, transfers, FIFA and UEFA competitions, betting, bookmakers and many more. There are additional tweaks for the football enthusiast such as tables, statistics, live scores etc which are constantly improved. Join soccerfanbase.com today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 11:27pm On Mar 27, 2008
I am shocked by your response. I am not fighting with you now abi? RELAX. I only said you dont know better than arsene wenger and try to respect the man and what he has done for Arsenal.
IN ARSENE WE TRUST.

I wonder why it is paining you like this
Even season ticket holders dont take it this personal.
RELAX O.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by pahtahkee: 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2008
@ Islander,
Even Jackal will tell you that the premiership is not yet over. This has been a whole season of surprises and more are still coming.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:18am On Mar 28, 2008
Sagna's injury may be a blessing in disguise:

We may finally realise that Kolo+Gallas are not the ideal center partnership with Kolo going out right and Senderos+Gallas manning the CB positions OR MOFO plays in defence and Walcott can get a good run in the side and keep MOFO on the bench when Sagna gets back.

@ loyiks

you gat to decode this 'land of lesbos' schitzo to me

I do agree with you, the boys have bottled at a crucial point - most pointedly Gallas with his defensive errors, against Boro and Chelsea most importantly. The poor defensive performance in those two games cost us - both Chelski and MU won their previous games 1-0, and those slim victories have not come due to our leaky defence. Somehow Sagna tightened things up, but Gallas seems to lose concentration at some crucial moments, while Kolo has not been the same since Zaki turned him inside out grin grin

This next analysis may be better suited for an end of league round up, but most of these issues would be clear to most astute gunners now

There are many things that can be said about formations, why not play Nicklas and bench Ade and what not, AW tried that last season and it didn't work. Ade really wasn't the problem, he had delivered far above what anyone would expect from him - losing Dudu, Rozzi and RVP for so long was crucial, their extra dimensions were sorely missed.

Truth be said, Sagna's injury may be the final nail in the title challenge coffin this year, but some interesting lessons HAVE been learned - the RM experiment with Eboue has failed - he isn't good enough to play there - either he deputises for Sagna at RB or ship him out

AT LEAST One more striker is needed if RVP is to be retained - lengthy injuries in each of the last 2/3 seasons keeps him out for so long its like we're playing with 3 strikers in the squad. Huntelaar anyone?

Midfield? Probably two creative additions are needed - Diaby is OBVIOUSLY not good enough, loses posession too easily and is not a natural left/right midfielder, he is more central but with Cesc/Flam he won't get in there. Rozzi's injuries also make him a candidate to be shipped out - I love the fella, but if he will be crocked 3 months at a stretch each season, we CANNOT bank on him either. With the mexican kiddo coming in, there may be need for one more wide player, Denilson will need to step up and not just be a CC player. Ben Arfa would be perfect

We've been extremely lucky with Clichy's good form and fitness, lose him and we're in deep dudu as Traore is nowhere near ready to come in as hidings at T'ham and OT showed. no obvious candidates

AW needs to quit with this players playing 100 roles thingy, especially with young players like Theo - stick him permanently in attack or as a winger, he needs consistent playing time in one position to develop fully. Theo will excel as a striker, give him that berth for ALL CC games so by Jan next year he can do the business consistently for the first team. If no results by then, ship him out.

AW has made a couple of experiments this season and it almost worked out in the league, time to review the scores and move on. Right now its not quite over yet, but it almost is - I wouldn't mind a CL win (who would) but we need to overcome the present obstacle before dreaming of anything further

Gunner 1915 cool wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2008
@ Debosky
Nice one
My thoughts exactly.
I think its time for AW to wield the big stick.
Some experiments haven't really worked and its time to dump them,
Also, there should be a rethink IRO the injury prone players.
We love them, but we also NEED THEM TO BE FIT.
We all have run outta patience, Of what use is a star player who plays only a few games in the season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2008
silence in the arse shocked
some1 should go to the white house grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bluehorizo(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2008
vicade:

I only said you don't know better than arsene wenger and try to respect the man and what he has done for Arsenal.
IN ARSENE WE TRUST.

But hey, who was Arsene Wenger when he arrived in England? A nobody, right? People label the Frenchman a genius now, but 99% of football followers would be lying if they said they’d spotted it from the start of his Gunners tenure.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ Wormed up
which silence?
Been a lotta posts here today
Just wanting to poke fun, like the press has been doing since Sunday,
We'll see who will laugh last
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2008
HNIC,

probably mukina2 deleted majority of the post cos all i saw was 2 of 'em ! grin
anyways,it's all good. i understand people having to attend to issues warranting them staying off nairaland once in a while. i've been there, done that so no shizzle.
good to hear from ya bro cool

mc omo,
u can come out now. don't get me irked ! angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2008
guys think about it, who would you have rather been injured instead of sagna? fabregas adebayor? at least with sagna, we can easily replace him with eboue and play theo on the right, it wouldn't be the same as sagna there, but hey, it's stil better than loosing the other big guns, let's just wish him a speedy recovery, there's no news saying that because of this injury, arsenal's title challenge is over, wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:10pm On Mar 28, 2008
J UNIT:

guys think about it, who would you have rather been injured instead of sagna? fabregas adebayor? at least with sagna, we can easily replace him with eboue and play theo on the right, it wouldn't be the same as sagna there, but hey, it's stil better than loosing the other big guns, let's just wish him a speedy recovery, there's no news saying that because of this injury, arsenal's title challenge is over, wink

I agree with you Jay.It's just too terrible though ,all these injuries
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2008
vicade:

I am shocked by your response. I am not fighting with you now abi? RELAX. I only said you don't know better than arsene wenger and try to respect the man and what he has done for Arsenal.
IN ARSENE WE TRUST.

I wonder why it is paining you like this
Even season ticket holders don't take it this personal.
RELAX O

Abi oooooo,hehehehehehehehehehe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:25pm On Mar 28, 2008
@ Casiel

Per the last line of your last post,,
tell me what businees of yours is that
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 4:28pm On Mar 28, 2008
rasputinn:

@ Casiel

Hahahaha like play like play they are coming out.
By tomorrow when Bolton wreck another Havoc they will disappear. undecided
Where have u been dude? tongue tongue

Muki stop deleting my post, i go vex for oooh. cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2008
Did I hear a stutter from some wanabe?puhleaaase,talk to the hand
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2008
rasputinn:

Did I hear a stutter from some wanabe?puhleaaase,talk to the hand

u must be a female on a man's skin !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2008
rasputinn:

@ Casiel

Same business that makes you yap about United grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2008
presido1:

Hahahaha like play like play they are coming out.
By tomorrow when Bolton wreck another Havoc they will disappear. undecided
Where have u been dude? tongue tongue
[s]
Muki stop deleting my post, i go vex for oooh[/s]. cool cool cool

angry grin
Bolton hmmm hmmm
we wont lose and we defly wont draw cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2008
Muki u deleted ma post.
Cos of that Bolton will score 4 tongue tongue tongue
Anelka WILL SCORE HATRICK cool cool cool cool
okocha will score 1 shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
I did not jo tongue

No way . tongue
Anelka and Okocha for where? grin
Just read somewhere that Ade will be rested undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2008
Ade Rested??
YOU MUST BE JOKING.
WHO WILL PLAY FOR ASS-ANAL THEN.
LET IT BE TRUE AS WE NEED YOU SORROW.
ALTHOUGH YOU ARE NOT OUR RIVAL ANYMORE.
PUT MA POST BACK.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:15pm On Mar 28, 2008
Presido
what post?
if u refering to the one on chelsea thread , Yesterday. sorry kiss tongue wink
I am confident . we shall win
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2008
Really hopefully the Bolton game rejuvenates our somehow stale season. Somewhere along the line we faltered. Hope we learn and paraphrasing Kevin Keegan " I would love it, really love it if we beat Liverpool to win the Champions League" at least in my dreams grin and at least salvage what is left of our season. Being so near and yet so far sucks BIG TIME angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2008
I dont get it

why do u all feel its over undecided

come off it y'all wink

ITS NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER . . . .THE GROUND IS SLIPPERY AND THE MIGHTY MIGHT YET FALL cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ Imani

I appreciate your angst. . .hopefully AW plays our best back 4 - Gallas+Phillipe at CB and Kolo at RB to replace Sagna

Play RVP in the center with Ade/Bendtner, Play Walcott on the wing - its time to get out acts together for the last hurray of the season cool

I agree with Kit - Its not quite over yet cool

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2008
Mc Omo:

I don't get it

why do u all feel its over undecided

come off it y'all wink

ITS NOT OVER UNTIL ITS OVER . . . .THE GROUND IS SLIPPERY AND THE MIGHTY MIGHT YET FALL cool

I agree with Kit - Its not quite over yet

At this juncture, i dont know whether i should start laughing in Espana or Francais, see delusion in different formular, shapes and sizes!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

I cannot believe what United have reduced Arsenal fans into.

Look at dementia at the highest level.
Statements like. . . "It's not over till it's over", "Jesus shall set us free", " We can still win it"
Even Cesc Flabbyass said: "People hate us" . . . . . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2008
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WOE CONTINUES for the GAYnners.
Matthew Taylor stings Arsene Wenger!!!!
What a header!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nazzyon(m): 4:18pm On Mar 29, 2008
Is that a Goal?

Taylor

(1) (2) (3) ... (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.