Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,072 members, 7,863,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517824 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 2:17am On Apr 09, 2008
Burst a vein? Wish again tongue And lets not forget the so-called gaynner 'riff-raff' style i'm 'pretending' to exhibit was brought on by the 'pervert' style you chose to copy from the same gaynners. tongue

And if you wanna discuss United's tactics,its better done on the United thread.And i doubt you have any formation ideas at the moment tongue

@JK
Apologies dude.Just that some thistles needed pulling out grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 2:24am On Apr 09, 2008
@debo/4play
I'm probably not gonna be online when you guys return during the day,but enough of the whole booby schitzo. Joke's passed its limit,and my strong reply really shouldn't get any stronger than that. Don't wanna fight,so if it ain't about soccer,simply let me be.

Now its time to focus on United/Roma. I hear Rio's back. Great news grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:26am On Apr 09, 2008
shocked shocked grin grin

I knew the Scummies were anally retentive, but this is shocking even for one of them. cheesy

Ok Cassie. . .I apologise if you did not find my attempts at humour amusing, no need to get all worked up ok?

Obviously you're still a bit new here so you're not fully comfortable with some of our ways. I'm sorry sad

But seriously you want to play diss? Well I'll leave that to others, I don't cross swords here unless its about footie - everything else is tongue-in-cheek wink

BTW you left your beauty sleep to defend your 'babylons' grin grin

That your bros dey try sha, my regards to him. wink

@ muki I apologise for going off topic with the chesticle matter ma'am sad

rikky

Was it a lack of Bench? Would a better bench have prevented the atrocious defending we saw today? haven't Rio+Vidic played all season without howlers like these? No doubt fatigue caused some harm, but defensive frailties have shown us up again.

Myles Palmer has said it for years that we need to firm up in that area. . .still no improvement. Oh well, cest la vie sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cristalz(f): 2:54am On Apr 09, 2008
@debo
Just goes to show that they're worth defending grin grin grin grin grin

And if the whole episode was part of your 'ways', then i really do think some changes are in order. Playing diss is not one of my favorite pastimes(tho i'm good at it grin) but i just got really ticked when the ribbin' got outta hand.Anyway,history now.Picked up some lessons too wink grin

Are you still analyzing what went wrong during the game?Well,i guess that will be the hot topic here in the morning.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ehie007(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2008
My dear arsenal fans, so sorry for the loss, tell ur management to go and buy experienced players.

theres lots of room to join the winning team fans(United)

Next season is not to far off, u guys should start preparing well.

ONE UNITED
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2008
Arsenal is deteriorating season after season
2004 Won the league unbeaten
2005 Could not win the league but won FA cup
2006 Could not win any trophy but played UCL finals
2007 Could not win anything but played Carling cup final
2008 Could not win anything and could not play any final.
2009 Would not win anything and would be out of top 4
2010 Would end in mid table
2011 Relegation Battlers a
as long as you keep faith in Wengay.
Lost Carling cup conceding 5, FA conceded 4 on his way out, conceded 4 on way out of UCL.

Well Arsenal won the "We beat Milan trophy", Emirate cup, Amsterdam cup,
A team that was fourth in the league last season, lost its best player and Captain- Thierry Henry; went to the market to buy Sagna, Eduardo and Bendtner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2008
Na so dem dey always talk: Next season, next season, next season.
Next season come, still no show. I'm even tired of watching football and being anyone's fan sef.
The heartache is too dangerous. Last medical check-up that was made on me showed increased BP & fatigue. I'm too young for that! I mean, I'm just about to exit teenage years & I'm already facing all these?? No way. I'm switching to golf or poker or something. Ha!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2008
Na so dem dey always talk: Next season, next season, next season.
Next season come, still no show. I'm even tired of watching football and being anyone's fan sef.
The heartache is too dangerous. Last medical check-up that was made on me showed increased BP & fatigue. I'm too young for that! I mean, I'm just about to exit teenage years & I'm already facing all these?? No way. I'm switching to golf or poker or something. Ha!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PoDeep(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2008
Ps: I was replying ehie's post not dayokanu's.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2008
Po Deep:

Ps: I was replying ehie's post not dayokanu's.
Which ever u berra leave Ass-anal fan Club b4 you die of HBP.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 8:11am On Apr 09, 2008
a painful loss and am still to recover from it. anyway, really we wont have won the champion's league.

this means another trophyless season for us cos am sure the boys spirit is down now.

why on earth did it take wenger so long a time to removed the CLUELESS EBUOE? all theru the match, the guy was just acting like a ninny. pls wenger sign players.

he shld sigh 2 central midfielder, another striker and another central defender. we need a quality cover for hleb and adebayor. we need a striker that can bully his way into any defence, adebayor doesnt have a cool one touch. just take a look at torres's goal

pls play thoe often, just take a look at the build up to the adebayor goal, he took the ball from his own half of the field.

wenger shld just not return any thing out of the 70 million pounds given to him, he shld even ask for more money to sign players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nasyl(m): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2008
hey peps,im so sorry for assnal fans.i ill say u guys ve no bench.n i tink whenger has been stingy to him sef by not buying experience players.befor d match i new assnal we lose.once again take heart all u losers(gunners).man united till death.(for life)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 8:19am On Apr 09, 2008
What can I say?
Another disppointment,
I just wonder why decisions have gone against us this season.
I just wonder how easy it was for the ref to award a penalty in the 85th minute in a CL match when he wasn't so sure?
I wonder what would have happenned if it was the other way, like Hleb falling down under a Carra challenge, Hleb would have probably been booked for 'diving'
The ref was from Sweden, Any links between Sweden and any Liverpool player grin grin
Maybe Babel had his secondary education in Sweden and was taught by the referee grin grin grin.
Seriously speaking, it was disappointing to be so close and yet throw it away.
A clear out is needed by AW in the summer.
The injury prone guys and the likes of Eboue should be transfer-listed.
A bigger squad is required to keep the first team guys on their toes.
We will surely get there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jgirl3: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2008
You guys shouldn't be so surprised by your loss. Although I have to say - the 86th and the 92nd minutes were amazing. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Pamperme: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2008
We will never work alone. Liverpool for life

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DaJunta(m): 9:53am On Apr 09, 2008
Assnal aint our match anytime anyday tongue

U guys failed 2 realise u were in ANFIELD grin

YNWA
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dyabman(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2008
cry cry cry ooowwww baby arsenal crying again aaaaawwwwwwww cupp cupp cuppp dont cry baby gunners, aaawwww so cuteeee whining like a baby, awwwwwwww a team full of youngsters (which in arsenal term 26/27 year old players still considered wonderkid, ) is it time to be fed cute baby?? awwwwww dont cry, donkies
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 10:34am On Apr 09, 2008
Again the Poo ride their luck against us (Just like they've done against Chelsea in d past)
No point complaining, they go through although i must say if the ref had got certain decisions right over both legs we wouldn't be where we are today.

There are certain positives to take from the game
- The first 20 minutes prooved to me that we can outplay almost anyone when the ocassion arises
- Theo's coming good and has improved as the season has gone by (After a lot of people had written him off)

Negative
- Our stupid inability to not hold on to a lead (Conceeding unecessary goals)
- Certain players just have to go (Eboue, Gilberto n Senderos)
- We need more firepower

Lossing Flamini was a big blow but u can't use that as an excuse. We were fantastic in the first 20 and Liverpoo didn't know what hit them but we always fail to retain such pressure, we also need to start defending whe the need arises, sexy football will not bail u out of all scenarios, what AW shoudl have done after we levelled 2-2 was to throw all 11 men behind the ball (Afterall teams do that against us) and try to hit Liverpoo on the break, if he had done that it would have been difficult fo rLiverpoo to break us down, i feel sorry for Theo cos on any other night his assist should have been a match winning performance. Shit happens anyway, i am curiously watching to see wht the gaffe will do over the summer, we definetly need depth in the squad if we are to compete to the very end i all these cups. We have a very good first team but we need extra quality cover for them and for the ones made of glass (RVP n Rosicky).

Still a fan irrespective, y'all scummies and the "I'm now a Chelsea fan" can spew all u want, i love my red n white army and although it looks like we may not win anything this season i'll keep supporting, i aint a glory hunter like some fans i know
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:06am On Apr 09, 2008
Its very painful

When it was 2-2, i thought Arsenal will be through.

1) Was it a penalty?

Ans: Yes

2) Was there a penalty at Emirates?

Ans: Yes for arsenal

3) Was it the same faultless Gallas of Chelsea?

Ans: No

4) Can we blame Wenger?

Ans: Yes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2008
@Akolawole

is football no more a contact sport ?

how could you say that was a penalty what diD u have to say about the tug on Hleb by Kuyt BEFORE NOW ZILCH

NOW U COME HERE SAYING F@CKALL angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 11:33am On Apr 09, 2008
A Gunner till death!

it was indeed heartbreaking.

I'd always known it'll be tough 2 win much with such a lean squad, I was in a way suprised by our initial successes, but cautious enough 2 know the season is still a long way off, fatigue sets in. picture Cesc chasing Babel 4 the 4th goal, tht was a very worn out fabregas vs a fresh babel.

I think our major undoing this year apart from the 'crazy injuries' has been our lean squad, I for one now believe a big squad helps.

So next season, lets keep the same, no body leaves, but instead lets bring in a good experienced CB, a LWM, and maybe another experienced CDM or CAM, we could as well be singing come season end.

That said, It has been a wonderful season, I can only be proud of the lads, no one gave them much chance @ start of season (including me), but They've been brilliant and brave.

Goodluck, Chelsea, L'Pool, Utd. I'd personally prefer a liverpool - Barca finale.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2008
Am still waiting for Jackal,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2008
@ Akolawole
That was not a penalty,
U only give a penalty when u are absolutely sure,
If that was a penalty then maybe Kuyt should have been red carded in the 1st leg
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 12:28pm On Apr 09, 2008
Sharaaaaaaap! Penalty is part of football, ref's aint 100% perfect. 80percent of the red card Mikel got aint worth it, so stop making stupid excuses. You lost to a better team. Twice you drew at emirates and they taught you football at their home. Another loss this weekend
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otokx(m): 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2008
Liverpool was clearly the better side with their coach delivering superb tactical strategy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2008
otokx:

Liverpool was clearly the better side with their coach delivering superb tactical strategy.

What superb strategy, Rafa got it all wrong right from the start, did u see the first 20 minutes of that game, a better team would have shagged Liverpool black and blue in the first 20 mins.
Babel was just about the only thing he did right on the night, everything else was down to luck, Gerrard (Move him as much as he wanted) was ineffective all night, Liverpool didn't outsmart Arsenal, Arsenal pressed the self destruct button on themselves, we could have squeezed Liverpoo to death if we had a much tighter defence, tell me if that was Chelsea who scored in the 13th minute, wouldn't that have been game over.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2008
chuckdee4:

tell me if that was Chelsea who scored in the 13th minute, wouldn't that have been game over.

That was Mourinho's Chelsea o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tocdee(m): 1:18pm On Apr 09, 2008
chuckdee4:

What superb strategy, Rafa got it all wrong right from the start, did u see the first 20 minutes of that game, a better team would have shagged Liverpool black and blue in the first 20 mins.
Babel was just about the only thing he did right on the night, everything else was down to luck, Gerrard (Move him as much as he wanted) was ineffective all night, Liverpool didn't outsmart Arsenal, Arsenal pressed the self destruct button on themselves, we could have squeezed Liverpoo to death if we had a much tighter defence, tell me if that was Chelsea who scored in the 13th minute, wouldn't that have been game over.

Good tactics involves spreading your team's productivity over 90 mins. That's where Wenger lost it. Football is not played for 20 mins. After that initial spell, Arsenal had Zilch to offer. You dont play at that pace at this level and I always saw that scoreline happening. The gunners did well but over the 90mins, Liverpool were far superior.

Saying that, I really am impressed with the young Skrtel. MOTM for me!

You'll neva walk alone, will you?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DaJunta(m): 1:26pm On Apr 09, 2008
[size=16pt]LIVERPOOL I STAND!!!

4 GOALS == 4 GBOSAS grin

YNWA[/size]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mavtrevor(m): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2008
EVEN THOUGH I FALL TODAY, I KNOW WHAT I HAVE. LIVERPOOL WON AS A RESULT OF A CONTROVERTIAL PENALTY AWARDED TO THEM AND WAS ABLE TO SCORE ANOTHER ONE COS WE WERE OUT TO SCORE. THE MATCH COULD'VE BEEN OVER AFTER OUR SECOND GOAL. I DONT FEEL BAD AT ALL, ATLEAST WE HAVE COME TO EXPERIENCE ANOTHER EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE FROM WALCORT. ARSENAL FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD, DONT FEEL BAD, COS WE ARE STILL IN CONTENTION OF A TITLE, EVEN IF WE LOSE ALL, THOSE GUYS ARE TIRED AND HAVE TRIED SO FAR THIS SEASON.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2008
I can only say congratulations to Rafa and his boys for the lucky break they had owing to our inability to defend/extend a lead.
We could have done better than what we did in the first 20 minutes and possibly put the game beyond liverfluke in the first half.
All the same,the game is won and lost already,so congratulations to them.

I only hope our gaffer will start thinking of doing a major overhaul of the squad,offload the ones to be offloaded and get proven match winners.I'm sure he did not enjoy the outcome yesterday,so we must do whatt we have to do to ensure we have strength in depth.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2008
Got it Cristalz

(1) (2) (3) ... (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.