Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,692 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517412 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:12am On Jan 03, 2007
U dey ask me??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Christino(m): 1:14am On Jan 03, 2007
@ Kit,

It's not too late. NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2007
@Chris, I bet u d way things are panning out Arsenal might well still be in contention though with a nice winning run
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 2:36am On Jan 03, 2007
i doubt it, all i want is a consistent run, keep winning games, develop the attitude to grind out results when needed and begin to deliver on the potential for this team.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:03am On Jan 03, 2007
Debo, considering a winning run exemplified by last night's kind of performance, u have a point so do I, only if 'they' keep dropping points like they are would mine be valid though!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 3:22am On Jan 03, 2007
nah, i dont care about the other teams, let arsenal do what they can, then i'll be satisfied, whether they win the league or not
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Christino(m): 7:54am On Jan 03, 2007
Man-U's away record was a devastating one last half and if that bullyish run continues this season, they'll visit Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, how are they gonna cope, grab all 9 points? I can bet the table'll be full of surprises come May grin Who's contending for 5th position anyway? Everton, Ports, Bolton, or Spurs?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 8:09am On Jan 03, 2007
kit, it won't surprise me if u meet d Romans but us? 4get it. We wil drop points, so wil they & Urs
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:27pm On Jan 03, 2007
. . . , , , there he goes o shocked kiss kiss kiss kiss

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2007
watch out liverpool, king henry is back and he aint taking any prisoners!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 8:52am On Jan 04, 2007
@debo, Happy New Year. wherz Loyika now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 9:05am On Jan 04, 2007
The man is back for good.
watch out for him against the Liverpool. He has shown that he is too hot to handle.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 10:16am On Jan 04, 2007
My man cesc won't take no tihs from anybody grin

lmabao !

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 12:23pm On Jan 04, 2007
lol

he really is ready for a bout.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2007
NOTHING
DO US

HOPE WE CONTINUE LIKE THIS

G U N N E R S
F O R
S H I Z Z L E
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:47pm On Jan 04, 2007
Saw that pic of cesc before angry, didn't like it one bit tongue tongue, looks a bit cynical. I really don't like it when players celebrate others being sent off, even if the player happens to wear an Arsenal or Nigerian Jersey.

Whow we have the Pool on saturday, and stevie Boy thinks we should be scared Sh@tless

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_1814801,00.html

errmmm!! What ever you say Stevie G

Yeah by the way could someone please help me and answer these questions

A, Why does Clichy keep giving pull outs to nobody in particular, can't he see that there is no one in the box anytime he chooses to cross the ball? Maybe he needs to wear glasses like Edgar Davids.
B, Whats up with this Thierry "I LOVE ALL MY TEAM MATES" Henry? Was i the only one that felt, age is catching up on him, and his reactions are a tad slower.
C, WTF is happening with Billy "the Kid" Gallas?? When do we get him back? Senderos isn't doing it for me tongue
D, Why is Aliaderie still wearing an Arsenal jersey (Thank God Alex Song is no where near the first team cheesy)
E, Why oh Why can't/won't Rosicky score
F, On the other hand, Will cesc ever score?

Now on to saturday, who feels like i do that wenger should play his first !! against the Pool, Yes i know they are at Anfield, Yes i know they will be up for it, taking into consideration the League game we had with them. But i honestly feel we can take them, and take them well, only if we play the first 11.

But i won't hold my breathe, knowing the Prof, i won't be surprised to see A Stokesky on the field.

Anyway lets just see what happens, should be a brilliant game, no matter the outcome and who wins.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bolaoni(m): 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2007
Loyika,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

You didn't keep up with your promise over the holidays wink

can we chat please wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 5:56pm On Jan 04, 2007
@Loyika, *how was ur journey back??* Henry is back and believe me this time he looks hungrier than when he was so sharp, can u please help compose a farewell song for Aliadiere, we dont need him. Rosiscky and Cesc would b4 next weekend come 4 spiritual cleansing at Bar beach, Lagos, all arrangements concluded to help them out of that quagmire, Lauren oh my God! why is Wenger starting Hoyte ahead of etam mayer? thank God we have Clichy abeg even if his pullouts are dismal(can Hoyte even deliver a cross?) the guy is far better than Senderos and Hoyte combined, even with a blend of maybe younger boys like Denilson and no one else, we should take the Pool to the cleaners!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:51am On Jan 05, 2007
@ loyika i agree fully on phillippe, the dude makes terrible mistakes time and again, i think djourou has been much better than him this season, and should be higher up in the pecking order. le prof says gallas will be back for the carling cup tie with the 'pool. secondly, Henry has (in my opinion) gotten over the messiah tendencies he had early this season, saying 'I can't do it all', now he sees robin and manu are essential to us getting the number of goals we need this season.

another plus: manu eboue is back as well for saturday. Rosicky needs to score soon, all this hitting the bar and goalies making crazy saves on his shots must stop. I feel he will score alongside king Henry on saturday.

Aliadiere?? we should sell of the dude and bring back lupoli. . . . he should be able to do better than this frenchie!! angry

cesc needs to score, but thats not the priority, he should just throwing those killer passes to van persie and manu, and we'll score all the goals we need, though in general, our midfield needs to be contributing more in goals

wenger please buy a center back and a goalie!!! if anything happens to lehmann, we'll be in deep doo doo.

happy new year to y'all cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by soliq55(m): 8:33am On Jan 05, 2007
Whatz up gonners? Soliq55 has arrived , Let all haterz dissapear.
I think the lowest position we(arsenal) can make at the end of the season is third and that will qualify us for champions league spot,
Arsenal have now bcome an hospital lately with alot of injured players.With gallas, thierry( IGWE), diaby, lauren, eboue, baptista and the rest coming back from injury, I think the future looks good.

We going to start whooping a lot of asses as from saturday (liverpool game at anfield).

Liverpool 1 vs Arsenal 2
Gerrard Rosicky
Henry

Questions to the gonners

Why is Senderos still playing as the centre back when we all know that Djourou is better than him?
My suggestion for the back four is

eboue toure Djourou Gallas

Gallas should play as a left full back as he use to do in chelsea, he's going to add a lot of experience to the defence and is a better option than Clichy who I think is a better winger (have good dribbling skill) and a woeful defender.

Djourou should play ahead of senderos in the center back position because he's better than him. Djourou will help us in defending against set-pieces( corners, indirect freekicks) because of his height. THe only problem I have with Djourou is: I will advice him to add a little bit of aggresiveness to his game.

TOURE : He is the rock in the arsenal's defence. Any intelligent arsenal fan should know that our defence always fall into pieces when he is absent. Although he has been playing woeful recently,the guy have played in all games except one game this season due to suspension and that suggest that the prof should find a way of resting him in order to regain his form.

Eboue: A good defender, young and developing but he needs to work on his positioning, I think now that Lauren is fit, there's going to be a massive competition for that role because Hoyte( I like this guy, because of his willingness to learn and be corrected) has proven that he has all it takes(potential) to be a an important defender for us.

ARSENAL PLAY THE BEST BRAND OF FOOTBALL IN EUROPE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2007
I have been an Arsenal supporter for the past 17 years, and in that time, i haven't realygrumbled alot over decisions made by the gaffers, either , Bruce Rioch, or even Le Prof.

Le Prof has been and will always be a Manager/coach that i will ever be proud of that was at the helm of my club. However for the past 2 seasons he has been making some decisions that just baffle belief tongue. Generally every arsenal fan believes "Arsene knows!!" Its been a mantra we have all used to justify most of his erratic decisions (many atimes he has proved us wrong however as optimistic as i want to be, i have to admit that i do not know any more; Does Arsene really Know!?

1, His team selections have been baffling to say the least, with his insistance of either playing people that don't cut it; A Song, J Aliadiere, e.t.c (at least Cygan was able to do something of note before he left) grin

2, His stupid policy of "1 year over 30", which have cost us good players like Pires.

3, His decision to not only not want to buy in the transfer window, but selling someone that was asked to prove himself while on loan, which he did, yet he keeps a player who did F@#K all when he was on loan at 4 different clubs (J Aliadiere)

http://arsenal-mania.com/news/3103448/Stokes-sold.html

Now Lupoli and Bendether also want to leave;

http://arsenal-mania.com/news/3103450/Lupoli-wants-to-go-home.html

Why in heavens name would we want to keep A Song tongue, and then sell the young ones that are proving themselves Why keep a player that is doing nothing (Bptista) and then sell players that show much more desire, whereas all they need is a sign from the gaffer that they have a place in the squad.

I will always support my club, but i am gradually losing faith in the Gaffer, even if we do win stuff before he goes, he is slowly losing the supporters who really have no idea of what he is doing,

How in Heaven's name do you sell class and keep mediocores

Will we ever buy someone in the class of Torres, will Ribery ever put on an Arsenal jersey. We bought Gallas as the same time as Cole, How many times has Gallas played (yes i know he is injured, that is not the point angry)

Look at the Sheff Match, NO INSTRUCTIONS CAME FROM THE BENCH I mean for the latter part of the match,they had a midfielder as the keeper, F@#K ME!! A FLIPPING MIDFIELDER!! Yet we couldn't score (but we score 6 against a bloody good keeper in Brad friedel. I really do not understand (why doesn't Pat Rice just shout at the Mna once in a while, at least Carlos Quieros actually influences Sir Alex sometimes in the tactics the Scum utilise)

Every Arsenal sports blog is awash with amasement on our inability to understand what Wenger is doing (what goes on in his head when he is making some decisions) But i guess he is the one being paid to do the job, our jobs as supporters is just to do that "Support the club!!"

cool GOONER 89

P.S. WHERE IS JACKAL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 3:00pm On Jan 05, 2007
we shall win tomorrow . ,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2007
Loyika, why u dey ask for him when you still saw him few days ago in our detention camp?? U dey mock am??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:38pm On Jan 05, 2007
@ kituan cool abeg no mind me, i thought he had served his time grin, By the way hope you got the text i sent.

secondly,Guys i want to apologise for my rant, its just one of those days. We should all get behind the Gaffer, as i am sure we do not have any room for those guys, and it would be very wicked to just leave them in the reserves or on the bench, (We are not Chelsea tongue)

I wish them well though, and really 2.7 mil is a good fee for an 18 year old, so its good business all round. cool

Here it seems we might be going for Nigel Reo Coker

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2007-01-05-13-35-34.html

hmmmmm i am not sure of this though, at the begining of the season i would have jumped for joy, but now i am sceptical, Doesn't he play the same as Diaby , and would he fit into our game play

OK its the POOL tomorowand as Muki said we should win But that depends on which Arsenal team shows up at the KOP, as Myles P says;

"ON SATURDAY, Liverpool play Arsenal in the FA Cup Third Round.

Liverpool are very strong at home right now. Their defence has been very good in most games and they have started to score in every game they play.

When you play Everton, the sign above the tunnel says WELCOME TO GOODISON.

When you play Liverpool, the sign says THIS IS ANFIELD.

If Arsenal beat Liverpool they will be making a mockery of that sign, which once intimidated visitors. As did the roar of the mighty Kop.

Can Arsenal play up North?

Well, they won 1-0 at Old Trafford in September. And Thierry Henry didn't play in that game.

Over to you, Thierry, "

http://www.anr.uk.com/articles/m-2007-01-05-09-44-38.html

My sentiments exactly.

Anyway folks lets get behind the team!!

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!! Lets be having YA!!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 10:29am On Jan 06, 2007
True Gunners

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2007
Yikkees!! shocked shocked

Fab C is out of this one (and no one is sure if RVP is also suspended) cry cry

For a depressing review read this

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/01/06/benitez_has_the_strength_to_sh.html

cry cry Sad reading right tongue

Anyway i hope the boys do well, this is one of the times i would justify 4-5-1, Titi will have a say on this march, i just hope our defensive pairings will be stable, Eboue will also love being back in with his partner in crime Hleb, and now is the time for Rosicky to take the bull by the horn, seeing that cesc is out of this one.

Anyway; it should be an interesting match, full of non-stop action cool cool So should be fun to watch cheesy

If we play at our best, we should win and win well, no matter how the Pool play.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PDF: 7:12pm On Jan 06, 2007
It's Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal at half time. Rosicky at the double. Good job so far by the Gunners.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toptho(f): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2007
See Alonso looking for penalty, but gilberto was lucky.The Arsenal goals were good
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:43pm On Jan 06, 2007
@loyi now tomas is proving you wrong cheesy

some crazy fool made me post late here . .slowpoke,cretin ,idiot angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2007
pls has anyone seen toshmann grin grin grin grin

you'll always walk alone

the king is back for ya'll

cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toptho(f): 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2007
classy goal by henry,poor defending by carragher
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by PDF: 8:18pm On Jan 06, 2007
Job done. Now the youngsters can try their luck on Tuesday too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.