Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Smoking: What Do You Think? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Smoking: What Do You Think? (4418 Views)

Lagos To Ban Smoking In Public Places / Why Do Women Hate Smoking? / Smoking in Public: Should It Be Banned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by beyunce(f): 8:54am On Jul 10, 2006
mamaput u are really one hot mama cheesy.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by mamaput(f): 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2006
Thanks cheesy
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by twinkledew(f): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2006
Slycks that is not a good reason.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by twinkledew(f): 3:59pm On Jul 10, 2006
Smoking is not good for your Health. if you want to stop try to get help. you can not stop smoking on your own. it is very difficult.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by retro(f): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2006
twinkledew:

you can not stop smoking on your own. it is very difficult.

It was difficult but I did stop on my own.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by lukkie(m): 1:33am On Jul 11, 2006
I hate smokin. chokes me. smokers stink. can't stand 'em. try & stop cos it could just kill u. @Niterider stop tryin 2 regulate d threads. we're all here to express ourselves & there are as many opinions as nairalanders. u seem to stalk people everywhere.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by jazzon(m): 11:10am On Jul 11, 2006
I have been smoking for about 17years now.Its a habit i really hate but, i'm having a hard time quitting. Does anyone know an effective way outta this mess i got myself into?
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Idekeson(m): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2006
beyunce:

mamaput u are really one hot mama cheesy.

Yes Man!! wink wink wink
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Oracle(m): 8:02pm On Jul 19, 2006
a friend of mine told me smoking has itz own advantages
he said a doctor might recommend his patient to smoke for some reasons
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by camara(f): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2006
jazzon:

I have been smoking for about 17years now.Its a habit i really hate but, i'm having a hard time quitting. Does anyone know an effective way out of this mess i got myself into?
u could try some nicotine chewing gum.or practice self disipline.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Oracle(m): 12:11am On Jul 20, 2006
jazzon:

I have been smoking for about 17years now.Its a habit i really hate but, i'm having a hard time quitting. Does anyone know an effective way out of this mess i got myself into?
take bananas constantly

Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by edygirl(f): 3:23am On Jul 29, 2006
I really don't like that act at all. It's crazy tho all the people I admire tend to smoke. It's very addicting because of the presence of ammonia in it. Ammonia is very addicting. I just pray my luv bird stops it.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Nia: 8:13am On Aug 05, 2006
I won't say I haven't been tempted to start smoking. Peer pressure can be a mutha sometimes. And I use to think you look cool holding that cigarete in your hand like you just don't give a damn. But I'm health consious and I think that's probably why i never picked up the habit. I have a friend who's got asthma and Tuberculosis (TB) from inhaling too much second hand smoke cause her parents were heavy smokers (and she ended up being a smoker too, go figure). I don't envy her. I definitely stay away from cigarette and people who smoke simply for health reasons, though, not out of discrimination.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by cyrinus(m): 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2006
We all know, or at least, We've all heard at one time or the other that smokers are liable to die young. I've also read that that the cigarrette stick contains nicotine which, though a stimulant, damages the lungs. Within a short time, one may not feel the dangerous effect but in the long run, the effect builds up, reducing one's life span and exposing one to many respiratory diseases, reduced sexuality, low sperm count ( danger of miscarriage and diseased babies for women), bad breath, reduced immunity, discoloured dentition etc. I even read that scientists have proven that a stick of cigarrette reduces one's life span by 9 seconds. Passive smokers(Those who stay near smokers and unconsciously inhale the smoke) are not left out. Though I used to smoke, but on realizing this, i tried so hard and finally stopped. Thank God. On this premise, therefore, i urge all smokers especially my dear Nairalanders to stop. May you all live long.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by desiree(f): 4:38pm On Aug 20, 2006
Okay, i don't know if this for another thread but i have a friend who has been smoking weed for close to 10 years now, he is trying to give it up but he can't get help from the health services like they do for giving up cigarettes.

Can anyone suggest way for him to give up and what are the health damages associated with long-time weed use??
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by doubletree(f): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2006
long term weed use can cause , anxiety depression,psychosis(especially if heavy smoker in teenage years).if he lives in the uk try the GP for referral to a substance misuse programme.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2006
desiree:

Okay, i don't know if this for another thread but i have a friend who has been smoking weed for close to 10 years now, he is trying to give it up but he can't get help from the health services like they do for giving up cigarettes.

Can anyone suggest way for him to give up and what are the health damages associated with long-time weed use??

weed is a social thing, every one who smokes weed has a patern ie when u smoke, why u smoke the only way to stop smoking weed is for him to understand why he does it for eg if he smoke at night because he is bored then he needs to change that.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by candylips(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2006
just curious . Coco29 do u smoke weed grin
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2006
maybe i do maybe i don't cheesy
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by candylips(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2006
u bad bad girl cheesy
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2006
candylips i have not been on nl for a few weeks the last thing i want is for seun to ban me for going off topic.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by candylips(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2006
ok. u are scared of him huh .
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Coco29(f): 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2006
no i am not, however i will follow his rules because as much as i hate to admit it I LOVE NL and beside i think i am in love with him now i am about five yrs older but i am sure he will look pass that. grin
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by Yorubah(m): 9:59am On Sep 10, 2010
I sincerely don't believe in reading an article on how to stop smoking as it only reduces it ones smoking, all it takes is prayer and having a good partner that can guide you through it. I had to pray and fasted before God took it off my way am celebrating 2years of non smoking and pray to God wont dare it as its a silly habit.
Re: Smoking: What Do You Think? by anz0002: 9:58am On Apr 09, 2012
Smoking is not good for health. It can crate a lot many problems in the long run. Therefore it is better to quit smoking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Know About Birth Control Pills / 11 Natural Eczema Remedies / Anal Herpes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.