Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock (1987 Views)

Big Electric Car Jack For Big Jeeps SUV And Cars, Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump / Siena And Sultaan Please / Sultaan Sultaan Sultaan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by darqly(m): 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
The discs on which my front tyres are mounted tend to get quite hot, then de one on de drivers side begins to creak audibly, mechs can't fathom what de trouble is. Any ideas? Its a honda.

Yay, you guys were bang on target with your diagnosis. Took de car to the mech and told him "Chk de calipers", Found them to be stuck and abit immobile,greased them. My car's cool running again. You guys are GOOD!!

THANKS grin
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by igwe11(m): 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
:-x
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by sultaan(m): 12:25am On Sep 12, 2008
Caliper is stuck, get new caliper and disc
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by sojioguns(m): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2008
Yeah sultaan is right. I have experienced this with my old Galant. U will need to change the caliper. Maybe it could b adjusted sha. Do it quick because it could blow a tyre on motion and that is bad.
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by paulmamud(m): 1:12pm On Sep 12, 2008
your caliphers are supposed to release the brake pads after you press the brake and take you foot off.where the caliphers for any reason fail to release the brake pads,you would then be driving with 1 foot on the gas and the other on the brakes(literally).The brake pads remain glued to the discs,the discs get real hot,the pads squeal and get worn and finally just might ignite!Solution?Change your calipher if your mechanic cant detect and fix whats wrong with it, or change your mechanic!
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by cybersleek(m): 1:25pm On Sep 12, 2008
Stuck caliper. I concur with what the others have said. Change it, or start saving money for new tyres, and perhaps car, as its been know to catch fire suddenly!
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by IykeD(m): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2008
I am experiencing problem too.The noise is quite audible and anytime the tire runs on a pool of water, violent fumes come out like boiling water at 100 degrees.
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by idupaul: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2008
ur break pad are touching the disc

a lot of factors can cause that e.g. bad calipers

as the break pad get hot it expands and starts touching the disc even when the break aint applied, this causes more heat(that explans the temp) as a result of hyper friction , the noise come from this contact. very easy to solve wonder why the mechs are messing up
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by icemann(m): 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2008
cybersleek:

Stuck caliper. I concur with what the others have said. Change it, or start saving money for new tyres, and perhaps car, as its been know to catch fire suddenly!
Pls watin go catch fire? The car or  the tyre
Had a similar exprience. My back tyre bursted on high speed because of the same stuff problems with my calipers( back disc break)
lost control, went off the road and enterd into a bush
@ poster
My advise 2 u is to change it quick or u may not be as lucky as me
also front tyre wahala is more dangerous than back
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by paulmamud(m): 2:23pm On Sep 12, 2008
had a similar experince.My Quest literally caught fire at the entrance gate of a filling station!see James Bond moves from attendants,hawkers and all.When the discs get real hot from the friction,its turns red,ignites and you wouldnt have a tyre no more.If you are unlucky,no car.The heat from the disc can cause a nasty blow out
Re: My Tyre Discs Overheat(No More)!Siena/Sultaan Rock by darqly(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2008
@ All, thanks!! I'm having the calipers looked at first thingy in the morning. I actually had to travel over 4 hrs with the tyres overheating this way. Soon as I got home, I upturned a bottle of water on the more guilty tyre, I had a steam bath there!! Tyres were so friggin hot, Thank God for journey mercies, I kept praying my tyres wouldn't burst, I'm still a bachelor oh! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2002 Honda Civic With Factory Dvd: Price: N750k Only / Brand New Tear Rubber 2008 Honda City (manual Gear) For N1m / Registered Audi A6 2006 Model For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.