Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Where Is God When I Need Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God When I Need Him? (801 Views)

Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" / Where Is God When You Need It ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God When I Need Him? by sassie(f): 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2008
So where is God anyhow when I need Him because I don't have time for this Immortality crap?

http://www.articleassets.com/Article/Where-is-God-when-I-need-Him-/61079
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by idupaul: 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
He is right behind u
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
If you dont have time for immortality crap then just ignore God and build a temple to yourself.

I dont understand why there is a sudden rise in those who dont believe God yet wont let Him rest. haba!
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by idupaul: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2008
davidylan:

If you don't have time for immortality crap then just ignore God and build a temple to yourself.

I don't understand why there is a sudden rise in those who don't believe God yet wont let Him rest. haba!

God needs to have a blog so these chap can know he exist,  athiesm is really on the rise oo
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2008
idupaul:

God needs to have a blog so these chap can know he exist, athiesm is really on the rise oo

its not on the rise, its just that previously silent unbelievers who filled church pews, endured constant fleecing by "holy" business men while being fed a constant diet of chaff are now speaking out.

My only issue is this - if you dont believe God exists then you shld not be bothered about immortality and the afterlife. When you die go figure out what happens to you . . .
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
Dayweed is worried people are catching up on the lies.
So here he is playing daddy trying to force his ganja doctrines down everyone's throat. Rubbish
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by manmustwac(m): 12:00am On Sep 12, 2008
idupaul:

God needs to have a blog so these chap can know he exist, athiesm is really on the rise oo
lol for real grin
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by mazaje(m): 12:01am On Sep 12, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

So here he is playing daddy trying to force his ganja doctrines down everyone's throat. Rubbish

daddy dayweed. . . . .  daybid. . . . .
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by manmustwac(m): 12:03am On Sep 12, 2008
sassie You can't blame God He's too busy. Nigeria wahallah too much. And theres a queue of 120 million oh
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by minute(f): 12:03am On Sep 12, 2008
Hmmm . . .

God is not territorial.Why not find a place you are not distracted and be

be with Him as you would any other person? If you are looking for an experience with Him

then you may be dissappointed.
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Nobody: 3:09am On Sep 12, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

the problem with the adherents of "rationalism" is their over-reliance on half-truths, outright lies . . . to push across their views. If you want to be honest with yourself you'd know that far from wanting to "force my doctrines down your throats" i have been a strong advocate for CHOICE!

You dont have to read the bible, burn your copy! No one will arrest you.
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by dudubobo1: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2008
God is always there. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
It's up to us to open our eyes and see him
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by mikail001(m): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2008
Good day all,

I have followed your arguments with keen interest and up till the end no body was able to extend a helping hand to the one who asked a question. When people come on to ask questions, rather than condemn them I think it wise we see through their eyes and see if we can convince them to see from the other side too. That someone has come up with a topic means that that person has that topic disturbing the mind.

Now to you brother, there is the Father of all Existence - The Highest Luminous Being - God! If you look within and without you, He speaks to you in the entirety of Creation. The Almighty Father gave us the priviledge to exist when He severed Part of Himself and ordered Creation to come forth. The Almighty Father is Life Itself and none existed without Him. Look around you and you will enjoy the beauty of what He has provided for you and I. Just reflect: if you are a painter and you painted a beatiful artwork of people and houses. How would it feel like for your work - the people in your artwork to say you as the Creator of the work does not exist?

Please reflect!

BR
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Cayon(f): 12:07pm On Oct 03, 2008
One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints,

That was when I carried you."
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by OBVIOUS(m): 4:56am On Oct 06, 2008
@ poster. God is taking a nap. Abi you don't want him to sleep.
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by manmustwac(m): 12:25am On Oct 16, 2008
Cayon:

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'D walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints,

That was when I carried you."

Cayon be realistic at least a 100 million people are roasting in nija and nobody dey carry dem
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by Obelomo: 6:54am On Oct 16, 2008
God is everywhere! Just call on him and ask him to reveal his presence in your life.
Re: Where Is God When I Need Him? by virtue007: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2008
Word man kiss

(1) (Reply)

Who Look More Holy, Pastor Or Alfa / Will Christains Also Speak Arabic In The Grave? / The Acts Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.