Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja (7178 Views)

Aisha Buhari Unveils LNG-ABUJA11 Vessel In South Korea(pics) / Chevron, Shell Pull Out Of Olokola LNG Project / Niger-Delta Militants Storm Abuja For Inclusion In Amnesty Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by BigB11(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2008
It bothers me very much to witness young Nigerians (the future of our nation) displaying this type of hopeless mentality.

What happened to our pride?
What happened to our priceless esteem?

Just because our nation is currently struggling doesn't give us a reason to let go our robust cachet; this is the time we need to stand together and flex our muscle.

Do not allow the few bad fruits among us to give away the pride of our nation.
Believe me, Nigeria will not remain this way forever; together we must lift up this nation back to the top.

Yes, we can do it and we must do it, nobody else will do it for us.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Ibime(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
Phock that. . . . if America wants to come and try all our criminals for us, they should come. . . . . at least then, the Nigerian people will see justice meted out for once in their lives.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by blackspade(m): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
This is the type of stuff that makes me sick, America thinks they could just go in and do whatever they want, but hopefully these FBI agents do get the surprise of their life.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by hbrednic: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2008
bawomolo:

this is nothing but blind and moronic patriotism,  thugs don't deserve any protection.   if the crime was committed in the US then they should be prosecuted in the US and end up like the likes of dan ryan and co.  why should the US trust a country with a "WEAK" constitution.  

FYI: nigeria is already a punchline used by obama, the georgian president and heck even the professor of a geography class i once took  etc.

though i am a strong obamaman,but believe me NIGERIAN NATION IS BIGGER THAN ANY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL.
people will come and go,but nigeria will always be there.
thank God my own geograghy professor talks a lot of good about Nigeria.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Mamajama(m): 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
Total rubbish, if you commit the crime in Nigerian and you transfered the funds to an account in United state,  it's not only a crime in Nigeria  the inter-pol has the right to prosecute you for money laundry.

The USA does have right to investigate this crime if it involved money transfer or laundry.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by BigB11(m): 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
Total rubbish, if you commit the crime in Nigerian and you transfered the funds to an account in United state,  it's not only a crime in Nigeria  the inter-pol has the right to prosecute you for money laundry.

@Attorney General MAMAJAMA:
Sorry, you're wrong.

The definition of money Laundry in one country may be different from the other country; hence, they only have rights to prosecute the person that receives the money at the final destination of the money transferred.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by bawomolo(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2008
Mamajama:

Total rubbish, if you commit the crime in Nigerian and you transfered the funds to an account in United state,  it's not only a crime in Nigeria  the inter-pol has the right to prosecute you for money laundry.

The USA does have right to investigate this crime if it involved money transfer or laundry.

thank you, the same people screaming against the US are the same one that would be bitching if these guys get a tafa balogun or Alamieyeseigha like sentence

Big B1:

@Attorney General MAMAJAMA:
Sorry, you're wrong.

The definition of money Laundry in one country may be different from the other country; hence, they only have rights to prosecute the person that receives the money at the final destination.

1) No person or body corporate shall make or accept cash payment of a sum exceeding-
(a) N500,000 or its equivalent, in the case of an individual, or
(b) N2,000,000.00 (Two million Naira) or its equivalent, in the case of a body corporate,
except in a transaction through a financial institution.

2. (1) A transfer to or from a foreign country of funds or securities of a sum exceeding $10,000 or its equivalent shall be reported to the Central Bank of Nigeria (in this Act referred to as "the Central Bank"wink.

stop being an overly patriotic clown

[url]http://www.nigeria-law.org/Money%20Laundering%20(Prohibition)%20Act%202003.htm[/url]
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by BigB11(m): 4:33pm On Sep 12, 2008
stop being an overly patriotic clown
@bawomolo:
I will advise you to get some water and calm yourself down.

We are not kids; let us focus more on the subject and stay away from displaying foolishness.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Nigeria10: 4:35pm On Sep 12, 2008
if they can give egunje, they would get information from any naija, You sure say no be baba gana kigbebe,
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by mekk(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
hbrednic:

NIGERIANS SOVERIGNTY WILL NEVER BE NEGOCIATED

sovereignty or sovereignty these guys should go under the sledge hammer of the US law.
I don't see much being compromised here by so doing.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by mekk(m): 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
cold:

You hav a point there.Save for national pride which Nigerians are well known for i don't see any rzn y they shldn't b tried in the States.But then there are procedures.If the Agency is able to establish a prima facie case,then they'D hav to apply for the officials to be extradited to the USA in a Nigerian court & if the verdict goes in their favor then the officials can b flown ova there.Anythin short of this will only amt to an exercise in futility.

they hide under "national Pride" to loot this nation. isn't it?
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 12, 2008
mekk:

they hide under "national Pride" to loot this nation. isn't it?

Yes ooo. . . . . . . FBI abi na CIA should shoot down all at sight, no hostage as survivor will be shot again. cool
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by JustGood(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2008
which kain nonsense FBI. Over-rated investigators. They cant stand the heat of 9ja alone, let alone if area boys confront dem.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by mekk(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
JustGood:

which kain nonsense FBI. Over-rated investigators. They can't stand the heat of Nigeria alone, let alone if area boys confront them.

you are just being funny.
I wonder what heat in Nigeria you're talking about.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by GogoGee: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2008
Thanks 4 all ur conmence brother and sisters.
On the FBI matter,taking the scammers to US and Nigeria integrety and sovereignty as mention by fellow Nairalanders.
Am sure if we work with my SUGGESTION this issue and subsequent in future regarding our unpetroitic animals can be taking to court in the states

I. If the individual  travels to the Us b4 and hv business and dealings in US
2 Hv a bank acount there.

Let he/she  face the court in United state. If we use my 2 basics it may stop our elected official rm thief theif.
Hw can they be affraid to be trial in d states where they all run to US for Business,Medical,hide money in acct there,pls lets wake-up they should go,it hv nottin to do with killing our National pride.

Hospital are bad,they won't repair or equip it,they will fly to US and their family when they hv headache

If we are against CURRUPTION. Notting should stop them or any Nigeria to defend his/her self in such development.

God Help our Nation
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by viclee009: 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
My people, e don happen cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
dem do carry birds go givr cats grin grin grin
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by mekk(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
I wonder what "National Pride" is left in a nation where 99% of its leaders are bunch of scammers.
where its populace live in sickening penury.
enough of this rumbling about some national pride.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by GogoGee: 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
I know americans are nt saints,Nigeria is part of the international community and curruption is killing the nation.
Pls,nairalanders support  the FBI or any track recond organisation hvin geniune reasons to trial our thief thief and rulers.
Pls.
I hv family in 9ja and know hw d nation hv been bastardise by the thief thief rulers and support by some foreigners aswell,even rm d US.
 He go better na be say,we all go stand up,say d truth and fight 4 d true,pls i dnt say u should died 4 d truth oooooooo.
  The kingdom of God suffer violence and d violence take it by force(Na rm Bible) Bible student pls help me with d bible chapter and verse.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Scopium: 5:52pm On Sep 12, 2008
[size=13pt]I hope the smoking gun does not exist only in the papers if not nautica[/size]
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Nigeria10: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2008
If the FBi is really serious, then the true is the LNG scam goes back to Ibrahim babaginda govt, they have to look at files going back as much as 1990. Some of the LNG scam started from Ibrahim babaginda govt.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by mekk(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2008
GogoGee:

The kingdom of God suffer violence and d violence take it by force(Na rm Bible) Bible student please help me with d bible chapter and verse.

Rom, No ,isai sorry, eheh mathw,

oh God! I just forget.be right back. grin grin grin
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by HERO111: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
What are we talking about here ? When u have a child dat passes evil feaces, use sand -paper to cleans his anus, but if he passes good feaces then use tissue paper to wipe his anus." simple! Many people have died in this country due to poverty and yet some thieves pack public funds abroad and live flamboyantly to de detriment of poor innocent nigerians. If prosecuting the fraudsters in anoda man's country will stop de shit then so be it. Thieves should be disgraced even in d market place if that will pass a message to the rest to behave themselves. SO nigerians choose between our countrys' international respect (which already i know we dont have) and getting rid of poverty the hard-way. Lets stop being sentimental and face facts. [b]"the hard way the only way" [/b]dats de way i feel. share ur own opinion too.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by vicero(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
Est-ce que vous jamais pouvez croire ce que le papier de nouvelles de soleil doit dire.? et en plus si FBI est même dans Nigéria, c'est le goverment qui sont incompétent et soldant indirectement notre nation.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by GogoGee: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2008
@ Mekk
A waiting 4 d chapter and verse
It stand 4 d truth no matter where we rm,live or religion.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by GogoGee: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2008
@What are we talking about here ? When u have a child that passes evil feaces, use sand -paper to cleans his anus, but if he passes good feaces then use tissue paper to wipe his anus." simple! Many people have died in this country due to poverty and yet some thieves pack public funds abroad and live flamboyantly to de detriment of poor innocent nigerians. If prosecuting the fraudsters in another man's country will stop de shit then so be it. Thieves should be disgraced even in d market place if that will pass a message to the rest to behave themselves. SO nigerians choose between our countrys' international respect (which already i know we don't have) and getting rid of poverty the hard-way. Lets stop being sentimental and face facts. "the hard way the only way" that is de way i feel. share your own opinion too.

God bless u.
Nigerian rulers ned to be up-rooted in the Hard way.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by GogoGee: 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2008
@What are we talking about here ? When u have a child that passes evil feaces, use sand -paper to cleans his anus, but if he passes good feaces then use tissue paper to wipe his anus." simple! Many people have died in this country due to poverty and yet some thieves pack public funds  abroad and live flamboyantly to de detriment of poor innocent nigerians. If prosecuting the fraudsters in another man's country will stop de shit then so be it. Thieves should be disgraced even in d market place if that will pass a message to the rest to behave themselves.  SO nigerians choose between our countrys' international respect (which already i know we don't have) and getting rid of poverty the hard-way. Lets stop being sentimental and face facts. "the hard way the only way" that is de way i feel. share your own opinion too.

God bless u.
Nigerian rulers needs to be up-rooted in the Hard way.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by vicero(m): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
En forme de discours ceci est très sensible, être sage mes frères qui comprend que que dis, s'il vous plaît me supporte pour utiliser de français.
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by seun001(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
Est-ce que vous jamais pouvez croire ce que le papier de nouvelles de soleil doit dire.? et en plus si FBI est même dans Nigéria, c'est le goverment qui sont incompétent et soldant indirectement notre nation.

Ede buruku wo ni gbogbo ele yi abi na who tell you say na francei we they take yern for here. omo lo jo ko jo.

chei! nairaland!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy shocked
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by subice(m): 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2008
If they broke any American laws as regards foreigners' business transactions with US citizens, they they should be tried there. Besides, I'm not all that confident of diligent prosecution of the Nigerian officials with Aondoaka (or what's his name) in charge. He'll probably send them home with a letter considering how much he loves writing such letters!
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by bodsibobo(m): 8:05pm On Sep 12, 2008
Abeeeeeegi!,

FBI and bush's government should first of all remove the timber in their own eyes before coming to nigeria to point out the speck in our own eyes. Are these not the same people who lied to the whole world about 'weapons of mass destruction' in iraq?

They must be mad!

The bastards destroyed a whole country all because they wanted their oil and messed up oil prices worldwide. Now that everybody has found them out on their lies, they want to make a sensation out of a nigerian malady to cover up.

Shioo,
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by Sammy107d(m): 8:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
bodsibobo:

Abeeeeeegi!,

FBI and bush's government should first of all remove the timber in their own eyes before coming to nigeria to point out the speck in our own eyes.

Em, i wish we just have a speck in our eyes wink
Re: 21bn LNG Scam: FBI Storm Abuja by bodsibobo(m): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2008
Em,  i wish we just have a speck in our eyes

Compared to what bush and his cohorts did to iraq, amidst plenty more clandestine ones they did in many places all over the world, I'd say yes, our is just a speck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. / Let's Learn To Love And Trust Each Other As A Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.