Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. (7177 Views)

Nigeria Must Prevent Another Civil War, Says Aregbesola / I Don’t Deserve This From APC Because I Helped Them To Power, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by koruji(m): 1:49am On Apr 19, 2012
I have said it many times on here, the rein of Nigeria's FG is in the hands of either juveniles or adults with a juvenile mindset, no thanks to OBJ and his selfish gang.

The real Boko Haram is advancing on Abuja, yet this is the kind of thing they are using the state security service for.

Quote: "I campaigned with a promise to build a convention ground for Christians that will accommodate nearly 200, 000 people. I met with Pastors Adejare Adeboye, Williams Kumuyi and Matthew Asimolowo and all other Christians in Osun to see that the project is realised and they are already working on it. How could any sane mind accuse a government that does all that of Islamisation?"

Quote:[/b]For example, if I have not succeeded in Islamising my nuclear family, how will it be possible for me to Islamise a state.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=29230
Osun State Governor Ogbeni Rauf Aragbesola, shorn of all airs off office, calls himself an unconventional governor. Amidst allegations that he was coordinating plans by his party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to secede and Islamise Osun, he quipped: “I couldn’t even Islamise my nuclear family.” He spoke with KODILINYE OBIAGWU and SEYE OLUMIDE in Lagos. Excerpts:

[b]AT a particular time, your health was an issue, how is it now?

My health was never an issue to me. I never had any health problem and on several times I made Nigerians understand that my health is in a perfect condition. I don’t know why some people chose to make an issue out of my health.

I cannot imagine why people should broadcast what is not there. Anyway, it is their problem. They should be asked what they felt or saw that made them to be concerned about my health.

They said that I travelled abroad and does the fact that I travelled mean that my health is in a bad condition? When did travelling become an issue in Nigeria? I went for the graduation of my daughter and also went for Umra Hajj (the lesser hajj), which was a religious trip.

There was never an issue with my health. I have been healthy all along and I am as fit as a fiddle. The media will do well to ask those people why they are making an issue out of my health.

What is it in the new Osun identity that you are pursuing with so much passion?

The Osun identity was an exercise to inculcate in the people a new way of seeing and doing things; it is an ethical movement, an exercise to let the people peep into their culture and value that which will motivate them to greater appreciation for themselves. It is an acceptance of their identity and roles as individuals.

We deliberately chose February 25 last year, the anniversary of the day that the Western Region gained self-government from the British rule in 1955 to launch it. We gave ourselves a new slogan, designed a flag and adopted the regional crest of the Western Region in which we could be identified. Our people now called themselves omoluabi, which is the epitome of character. This is the meaning of the new identity; it simply celebrated the power and victory of our people. It is working and it is having a positive effect on the people’s well being.
Why do you think some people have said that the Osun identity is an avenue for you to pursue a personal agenda?

Anybody is free to his or her thinking and it is not possible to determine the thinking of anybody. I have repeated the motives for what we did and I do not know what compels the reaction or response of others. But to all genuine Yoruba people, and not just the people of Osun, what we are doing has a lot of meaning and is acceptable.

I do not know why people should feel sad that our people found motivation. But from our survey, what we did is wonderful. I cannot explain what those who have issues with the identity are thinking. It is amazing that some people are faulting such a noble exercise for mobilising our people.

Do you find the allegation branding you a religious fundamentalist amazing?

I see the darts been thrown at me by a tiny group of disgruntled politicians. I want to assume that we are having the death throes of that group. We handled their concerns about my health, yet they held onto it. They acted as if it is a crime to go abroad for a medical check-up. They could not continue to dwell on that and their latest is the battle cry of secession and religious bigotry. Nobody, except the dubious could say that my public life for over 12 years in Lagos State had any religious inclination. If my public life all these years does not have religious stain, how would one year and a half become an issue about religion?

They should know that my administration has given opportunity for all religions, including animists to participate in official functions. Which other state does that? If that is the only thing I have done, does it signpost me as a religious bigot? In the history of Osun, no administration has given fillip to Christian celebrations as much as we have. In the last two Christmas seasons, we have decorated major cities in the state. Last December we went beyond the decorations and had an hour fire works to usher in the New Year. Beyond that, I am the only governor that ever gave free ride to travellers during the festive period. During the Easter celebrations, we provided free transportation to Christians travelling from Lagos to Osun. Will a man pursuing the Islamisation of a territory do that?

I campaigned with a promise to build a convention ground for Christians that will accommodate nearly 200, 000 people. I met with Pastors Adejare Adeboye, Williams Kumuyi and Matthew Asimolowo and all other Christians in Osun to see that the project is realised and they are already working on it. How could any sane mind accuse a government that does all that of Islamisation?

My background does not justify their suppositions. For example, if I have not succeeded in Islamising my nuclear family, how will it be possible for me to Islamise a state. My immediate younger sister, from the same parents is a Christians. I have not been able to convert her to Muslim; how would I therefore attempt to Islamise a state?

How worried are you about this allegation of fundamentalism especially at this time when the Boko Haram religious sect is carrying out attacks against churches in the northern parts of the country?

It can’t be a comfortable feeling when you are not an armed robber and somebody is associating you with it, but I am not rattled by the propaganda. I don’t feel anything rather than the need to educate people on this falsehood.

Did you travel to North Africa recently?

I did not travel to North Africa.

But it was alleged that you went to Cuba…

There is no iota of truth in all that. Should I continue to explain the lie in all this? It will be unbecoming of a man that has been in the public life for more than a decade to suddenly turn to a religious extremist. I am as tolerant as I have always been and nobody associated with me during my stint in Lagos would accuse me of religious extremism.

The talk about North Africa is another reason we should not take them serious. North Africa is no longer a territory free for fundamentalism. There are five countries in the North of Africa and they are no longer territories fit for fundamentalism. Egypt and its neighbour Libya (with the ouster and death of Gadaffi) have been stripped of any extremism. The fundamentalists cannot even survive talk less of anybody going there to propagate fundamentalism. Tunisia, Algeria and Morroco are countries free from any extremist tendencies and any form of fundamentalism. They are mindless characters without imagination.

What of the plans to secede?

Osun is landlocked between five states, Kwara, Ondo, Oyo, Ondo, Ogun and Ekiti. Where is the chance in hell for such a landlocked territory to think of secession? It is laughable.

As a governor, you have also been accused of perhaps being too forthright, saying things without mincing words…

I have been like this. Those who know me know that this is how I have always been. I have not aspired anything different. I am not a conventional governor. In my campaign documents I wrote that we are going to have an unusual governor and not a conventional governor. I have a duty to initiate a project of rapid phenomenal development. When I was in school I used to say that time chases Africa and Africa is in a hurry and cannot be at the bottom of the world and still be sedate and calm. I am a reflection of the turmoil in our land, which we must do everything to remove. We must do everything to mobilise our people to the hype of productivity and understanding of self-worth that will take us out of the rot we are in. If there is anything about me it is the passion to see to quick realisation of our march to progress. At the back of my action and my words, I do not see myself in expensive regalia, imperial or robust and moving and instructing like a king but I see myself as a worker.

What is your relationship with the former governor of Lagos, Bola Tinubu?

He is my brother, my mentor and motivator and he represents the focus of our political determination. He is what our land needs now.

Have you heard of the speculations that your loyalty to Tinubu is part of a succession plan in which you feature strongly?

Tinubu should answer if there is anything he is thinking about a succession plan. He is not yet ready to quit the stage; in fact we have just celebrated his 60th anniversary. If the likes of Robert Mugabe and Olusegun Obasanjo are still in politics, what is the issue about Tinubu? He is waxing strong; he is not about to go yet.

What is your relationship like with the Ondo Governor, Dr. Olusegun Mimiko?

We are both governors and we have some similarities. I have no problem or personal issues with him other than that I want my party to progress across all the states of Nigeria and even win the presidency.

You are seen as the arrowhead of the push to oust Mimiko…

If democracy is the basis of government, it calls for struggles of territories and states. We are contesting in a democratic setting for powers and it is my desire as well as those of all the ACN members to expand beyond where we are at present, Ondo inclusive. It is my desire that my party extends beyond Ondo, Kogi, Kwara and all other places where a people friendly government is needed.

Comment on the plans of the PDP in the South West to find its feet?

PDP will self-destruct. Where do you place a party that held power for eight years and could not leave anything lasting? PDP will go with time and we are determined to provide a better alternative.

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 5:05am On Apr 19, 2012
Quote:For example, if I have not succeeded in Islamising my nuclear family, how will it be possible for me to Islamise a state.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by strangerf: 5:10am On Apr 19, 2012
Hitler didnt think he deserved to be called evil.

Saddam thought he was doing great good.

The Military dictators that ran Nigeria down ceased the mantle of leadership for the good of the rest of us.

The problem with fascists is that they lack insight into their own problem.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by moremi2008(m): 5:53am On Apr 19, 2012
Why is this irrelevant, useless FOOL always hogging the limelight? Nobody cares!!! Just keep your foolishness to Osun State and spare the rest of the country.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Demdem(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2012
koruji:
For example, if I have not succeeded in Islamising my nuclear family, how will it be possible for me to Islamise a state.

Foools will think otherwise.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Gbawe: 10:08am On Apr 19, 2012
My immediate younger sister, from the same parents is a Christians.

An example of the religious harmony every Yoruba person can testify to. In my opinion, religion is one of the least important consideration that unites Yoruba folks. Other things matter far more.

2 Likes

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by kaiter: 5:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Just keep your foolishness to Osun State and spare the rest of the country.[img]http://www.crzxy.info/abs[/img]
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 5:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
kaiter: Just keep your foolishness to Osun State and spare the rest of the country.[img]http://www.crzxy.info/abs[/img]
Exactly! He should tie his troubles firmly to Osun alone and leave out any blackmail attempts that as the case currently is, will only backfire and dig him in deeper. He shouldn't tar anybody else with his filthy brush.

@topic
Who would ever have believed Aregbesola could sound this civil? Who says miracles don't happen?! grin
I once told the OP that every shall bow and he flew off the hook. Well, well! Aregbesola was in Abuja yesterday on begging mission's to the IG, the SSS DG and the NSA (Azazi). According to reports, the SSS has also placed Lai Mohammed under investigation to find out how he came to be in posession of certain details of state secrets (the SSS report on Osun). I expect other secessionist loudmouths will be investigated too.

To be in opposition does not make one a subversive who challenges the cohesion of the state and denigrates her image (locally and internationally).
No individual or group can survive playing rough games with national security.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by aderemi457(m): 5:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
Something is wrong somewhere. First u went for ur daughter's graduation and a mini hajj; then u said there is nothing wrong in goin overs for medical check up. Who is fooling who?
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Otunba009: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2012
Some people don't want to understand and they will not understand.Ogbeni Raid carry go GOD is with you and WE the OMOLUWABIS are solidly behind you.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
@topic
Who would ever have believed Aregbesola could sound this civil? Who says miracles don't happen?!
I once told the OP that every shall bow and he flew off the hook. Well, well! Aregbesola was in Abuja yesterday on begging mission's to the IG, the SSS DG and the NSA (Azazi).

Beaf, Where you dey get all these detailed and specific information from?

and you said you don't work for this government? wink
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2012
Kilode?!:

Beaf, Where you dey get all these detailed and specific information from?

and you said you don't work for this government? wink
I don't work for govt bro, that info is publicly available in the press. I'll get a link when I find one.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2012
Well said Aregbe
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2012
@Kilode?
Here's the story from the press:

[size=14pt]SSS probes leakage of security report on Aregbesola •As gov visits top security chiefs in Abuja[/size]
Written by Taiwo Adisa, Abuja Thursday, 19 April 2012

OSUN State governor Mr Rauf Aregbesola has kicked off a move to forestall a possible move against his government by the Federal Government in the wake of the adverse negative security reports published about the state last week.

Reports in Abuja indicated that the governor, who arrived at the federal capital on Tuesday, took turn to visit the offices of top security chiefs, in what was described as “friendly visits.”

There were fears in the camp of the opposition Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to the effect that the security report could trigger severe moves from the federal authorities.

It was gathered that the governor visited the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Abubakar, at the Force Headquarters; the National Security Adviser, General Owoye Azazi and the Director-General of the State Security Service (SSS), Mr Ita Ekpeyong, at different times on Tuesday in what was described as “friendly visits.”

When asked whether the governor was summoned to Abuja or quizzed during the trip, sources said that the visit was largely painted as “friendly,” [/b]adding, however, that the governor used the meetings to explain his stance on the fledgling battle over the SSS security report.

“The governor was with the IGP. His visit was said to be on a condolence visit to the Inspector General. But it was clear he went there to explain his situation over the crisis generated by the security report. He was also with the NSA and the DG, SSS. The visits were all painted as [b]friendly,”
a source said.

Another source, however, stated that the governor was invited to the office of the IGP to clear the air over the allegations contained in the security report.

Coming on the heels of the said visits, it was also confirmed that the SSS has instituted a probe into the leakage of its report on the activities of the Osun State governor, which the service painted as inimical to public peace.

Sources confirmed in Abuja that the service had kick-started an investigation into the leakage of its report on the political activities of the governor of Osun State.

“The SSS does not play politics and is not involved in politics. Its duty is to ensure peaceful coexistence in the country. It was, therefore, an embarrassment to the government at the centre to see a report from that organisation in the hands of politicians,” a source said.

The source also added that the newspaper house that published the report had been contacted to provide details of its source of the report but that the publishing house had resisted making its editor available for interrogation.

Sources also confirmed that the investigation has extended to activities of the National Publicity Secretary of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who was said to have made some references to the security report ahead of its publication by the newspaper.

“The service is always careful of joining issues with politicians but it must take steps to maintain its integrity and that is what is going on,” a source stated.
http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/39511-sss-probes-leakage-of-security-report-on-aregbesola-as-gov-visits-top-security-chiefs-in-abuja

1 Like

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by jidestar: 6:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
tongue^ The resident niff always in the southwest business. How nau fisherman? Abi u think say we no know say u be ijaw? Omokiri tongue^ Argbesola go leave una begging for tooth and hookless.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2012
jidestar: tongue^ The resident niff always in the southwest business. How nau fisherman? Abi u think say we no know say u be ijaw? Omokiri tongue^ Argbesola go leave una begging for tooth and hookless.
Die, if you like, bro. Normal service has resumed. Oga Aregbe, baba agba don beg.
By the way, I am Isoko/Urhobo and proud. I don't see what that has to do with the present discussion.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by jidestar: 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2012
Na so una go dey lie for nairaland. Me i be German, wat does that have to do with anything? A fisher man is a fisher man.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
Thanks Beaf, I see it now.

But the report said friendly visit, I no see begging for dia.

Off topic; i Can't wait to see the end of SSS and all these silly security acronyms with unnecessarily over-broad powers we inherited from military dictatorships.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 6:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
Kilode?!:
Thanks Beaf, I see it now.

But the report said friendly visit, I no see begging for dia.

Off topic; i Can't wait to see the end of SSS and all these silly security acronyms with unnecessarily over-broad powers we inherited from military dictatorships.
What do you think a "friendly" visit means? Especially the repeated emphasis? Dem no wan disgrace di man, so make e respect imsef. Das all! grin
The SSS powers are in order. They are effectively above the law as are the FBI, M16 etc; they are the maximal enforcers of our sovereignty and security; we do not exist in the anarchic society of the Aregbesola's of this World. I'm sure he is now frantically converting back to Osun state from "State of Osun" and reinstating the Nigerian Coat of Arms with fevered vigour.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by jidestar: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2012
^^Conspiracy theory. Well done o. Beaf u don reach to be this children papa; if this is the kind of childish advice Jonasatan is receiving no wonder even aboki don dey ready to waka. Stop feeding these kids with lies.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2012
You are funny, o, no be Tribune? I saw the almost obsessive references to "friendly visit" like they are trying to push it into my eyes grin

Tribune is not exactly an unbiased party in this case.

The whole secession allegation thing is ridiculous and unbelievable though. Just saying. Anyway, we deh observe.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by jidestar: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
angry Beaf! next time na fisher man post we go discuss and just how u stabbed una southeast ally for back. U people want division well two can play this game. Southsouth/southeast brother my foot. Ijaw back stabbers.

Okoro no answer dem o. Where una second bridge, airport? Join southwest ACN a word is a enough for the wise. Airport and Bridge will be nothing come 2015 as una go be President only with ACN. grin
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 6:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
Kilode?!:
You are funny, o, no be Tribune? I saw the almost obsessive references to "friendly visit" like they are trying to push it into my eyes grin

Tribune is not exactly an unbiased party in this case.

The whole secession allegation thing is ridiculous and unbelievable though. Just saying. Anyway, we deh observe.
Lol! So, why do you think Aregbe was moving from security office to security office in Abuja? Like say na campaign! grin

The guy knows 2 + 2 = 4 and he is acting accordingly. Why do you think there have been no official statements from Lai Mohammed and Tinubu? We simply have a situation where the tectonic impact of sudden realisation has set in.

Abeg, free Tribune from this "State of Osun" matter. The Tribune is owned by the highly respected Awolowo family.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2012
The SSS powers are in order. They are effectively above the law as are the FBI, M16 etc; they are the maximal enforcers of our sovereignty and security;

Those organizations are not above the law in their countries, and they don't have official roles in State Government houses.(as you are aware, SSS agents hang around State government house Gates, I've seen enough, they are not even covert about it )

Also, M16, like the CIA, is an intelligence ops body for protecting against external enemies not domestics, they provide foreign intelligence. I don't think they throw unsubstantiated allegations at State Governors and call them for questioning and explanation. That sounds like the Nazi SS Gestapo to me.

Nigeria's SSS on the other hand grin let's just say there is a reason why you don't copy blindly.

It is better to get them organized with more specific roles ( foreign intelligence or presidential Security)

These things we play with are extremely dangerous in the hands of brutal leaders, it's like the FBI when Hoover first ran it. If not for powerful laws and sensible foresight a Hoover would have become a Hitler in no time. Can't play with para-Military orgs by giving them unnessarily over-broad powers like that. It's dangerous for all of us. Don't know when a lunatic will get into Abuja again.

Maybe we have an ideological difference on this issue sha. We will have to Discuss this on another thread though, don't want to derail the thread more than I already did.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 7:25pm On Apr 19, 2012
Kilode?!:

Those organizations are not above the law in their countries, and they don't have official roles in State Government houses.(as you are aware, SSS agents hang around State government house Gates, I've seen enough, they are not even covert about it )

Also, M16, like the CIA, is an intelligence ops body for protecting against external enemies not domestics, they provide foreign intelligence. I don't think they throw unsubstantiated allegations at State Governors and call them for questioning and explanation. That sounds like the Nazi SS Gestapo to me.

Nigeria's SSS on the other hand grin let's just say there is a reason why you don't copy blindly.

It is better to get them organized with more specific roles ( foreign intelligence or presidential Security)

These things we play with are extremely dangerous in the hands of brutal leaders, it's like the FBI when Hoover first ran it. If not for powerful laws and sensible foresight a Hoover would have become a Hitler in no time. Can't play with para-Military orgs by giving them unnessarily over-broad powers like that. It's dangerous for all of us. Don't know when a lunatic will get into Abuja again.

Maybe we have an ideological difference on this issue sha. We will have to Discuss this on another thread though, don't want to derail the thread more than I already did.

I made the mistake of using MI6, I meant MI5.
I have never heard of anybody challenging the FBI in a US court. My brother, inexeplicable things of voodoo quality will start happening that will make the wise charlie withdraw his case and flee. That is how they are above the law, and that is the norm across the World. All we can have are checks and balances, and since we do not have a dictator in power, whats your fear?

What we have here is a set of people who pushed beyond the boundaries of law and common sense (they were always going to do it sooner or later), now they might pay a very high price. Who knows?

No governor can mess with the National Coat of Arms, National Flag and other symbols of the sovereign state of The Federal Republic of Nigeria and get away with it. Imagine renaming Osun state to "State of Osun!"
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Kilode1: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
My brother, inexeplicable things of voodoo quality will start happening

ROFL grin grin

You have to show me where you get this your dramatic vocabs from.

@my fear:
BTW, we don't have to wait for a dictator to put proper checks and balances or reorganize these bodies, that is the whole point bro.

Bro, If we have a decent man in office today and he neglects these reforms, he won't be there forever, right? No guaratees the next leader won't be a brutal lunatic, we've had a few of them already. Best to reform them to protect us all.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Beaf: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2012
^
Your fear is legitimate, bro. However, we live in a democratic society and that is why it is important to have vigorous opposition parties (there are no greater checks than that) and why we must strive for a truly independent judiciary thats as clean as a whistle.
We wouldn't be discussing the powers of the SSS if a governor did not cross all boundaries of common sense to become a security threat.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by spaceship(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2012
Is it possible that a state governor go begging d SSS after all its secret has been blown out when such issues affects national security and especially wen such governor is from opposition party to that of d president?

I mean what is he begging for? That such accusations be dropped or what?

Will d office of d presidency overlook such accusations or pardon d Governor?

Something's Fishy
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by teskyg: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2012
He was lucky that it was not OBJ that was in Power.He would have kiss that seat Goodbye.Gang of thieves.Pls,I need and biodata of that luquacious criminal Lai Mohammed.They should simply be arrested and prosecuted if found to have contravane the laws of this Land.
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by Meritbaba(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2012
I don't know this beaf problem with aregbe's,alara lara o ro oun iwo ni oku aisun oku airo,we citizen of osun we were not complaining about him,so why should u?amebo,eke,sofo
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by pheesayor(m): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2012
Meritbaba: I don't know this beaf problem with aregbe's,alara lara o ro oun iwo ni oku aisun oku airo,we citizen of osun we were not complaining about him,so why should u?amebo,eke,sofo

After the deal with tinubu, pdp won in all southwest states except osun and that's why they've not let the man rest, lol
Re: ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. by passionate88: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
I have not been able to convert her to Muslim;

That means you don try before... Especially your wife

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Concept Of Politics / [Updated] Satellite Imagery Reveals Nigeria's Population Density / Enugu Is An Overhyped Village: Pictures/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.