Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? (70259 Views)

20 Richest Nigerian Musicians For 2015; Davido Tops Wizkid, See Who Is Number 1 / The Richest Nigerian Musicians And Their Net Worth / Don Jazzy And E-money Battles For The Richest Nigerian Record Label Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by obongyi: 1:28am On Sep 13, 2008
Mine is:

Kanu
Okocha
Utaka
babayaro
John Obi mikel
Aghahowa
peter odewungie
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by Emad(f): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
i'll go for Okocha

although papa kanu's own must be significant since he has been there for a longgggggggggggggggggggg time
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by yongbabe(f): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2008
obongyi:

Mine is:

Kanu
Okocha
Utaka
babayaro
John Obi mikel
Aghahowa
peter odewungie

u dis girl\boy dnt u hav anythin berra 2 do?
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by Nella(f): 8:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
lol, I bet he\she asked this question just to put Kanu's name as number one . . . .

well, @ topic, . . I can't tell u the best player but I can sure tell u the cutest undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by tope2000(f): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2008
hehehe
he obsessed with KANU grin
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by nystrom(m): 12:10am On Sep 20, 2008
WELL, NONE OF US KNOWS WHAT IS IN THEIR POCKET.
BUT I THINK OKOCHA IS THE RICHEST.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by sley4life(m): 1:28am On May 27, 2009
Kanu
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by philip0906(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2009
austin ejide! lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by AloyEmeka9: 7:32pm On May 27, 2009
Peter Rufai
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by cantab(m): 5:19am On Jun 01, 2009
@ Aloy.Emeka, , why not Alloy Atuegbu or Emeka Onyedika
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by AloyEmeka9: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2009
Lol; you got me on that one. grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by omar22(m): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
Obafemi Martins is the highest earner at £80000 a week
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by tboy1(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2009
^^ dats how ppl fail obj exam
they asked who is the richest not highest paid i.e u calculate how long, how much they earned and how much they've invested in private businesses

@ post
u cant determine whos the richest but i'll say kanu because he's been gettin a good package for a while.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by omar22(m): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2009
u cant determine whos the richest but i'll say kanu because he's been gettin a good package for a while.

I cant believe you just said that,  the highest Kanu ever earned was £42000 a week and that was over his last 4 years at Arsenal and thats btw 2000-2004 he started on 15k a week

compared to Jay Jay that was on 150k a month from 1998 to 2002, then at Bolton after they survived relegation he was on £2.5m a year till he left for a 2 year tax free £5m contract

I didnt say Martins is the richest you dont need to jump infront of the bullet,
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by tboy1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
omar22:

no vex bro tongue
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by jaybee3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
omar22:

I cant believe you just said that, the highest Kanu ever earned was £42000 a week that and that was his last 4 years at Arsenal and thats btw 2000-2004 he started on 15k a week

compared to Jay Jay that was on 150k a month from 1998 to 2002, then at Bolton after they survived relegation he was on £2.5m a year till he left for a 2 year tax free £5m contract

Your maths doesn't add up bro.
If kanu was on 42K per week for the last for years of his contract, then it means that he earned over a kool 182K per month compared to JJ's 150K.
Kanu was probably paid around the 20K-30K mark for west brom and probably the same for pompy meaning he would have offset the 5M tax free okocha got.

Another thing you didn't consider was kanu has always played for top european teams (ajax and inter) where they have been known to pay top dosh (espespeciallyter). whilst okocha only played for frankfurt and PSG.

Kanu is probably the richest.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by omar22(m): 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2009
If kanu was on 42K per week for the last for years of his contract, then it means that he earned over a kool 182K per month compared to JJ's 150K.
Kanu was probably paid around the 20K-30K mark for west brom and probably the same for pompy meaning he would have offset the 5M tax free okocha got.

Another thing you didn't consider was kanu has always played for top european teams (ajax and inter) where they have been known to pay top dosh (espespeciallyter). whilst okocha only played for frankfurt and PSG.

Kanu is probably the richest.

JJ was on £150k a month in France is a big difference to £182k a month in England Kanu would be lucky to have £80k after all deductions, Theirs a stronger chance of JJ still having over £100k take home after all tax deduction, JJ was made an icon at bolton when they survival. at Ajax Kanu came through their academy and he was given pocket money until Inter bought him, Arsenal bought him and gave him an improved package than the one he goet at Inter Milan which was around £15k a week
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by AloyEmeka9: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2009

Kanu is probably the richest
You guys are calculating how much money they were paid without calculating how much they spent. How much did they invest?. Tyson earned an estimated $300M and they said that even if he spends $42K per day, his fortune will last for 22 years yet, Tyson is broke today barely ten years after his career. Magic Johnson didn't earn as much as Michael Jordan yet he is the richest former athlete today. So it doesn't really matter how much you earned, rather how much you saved and invested matters a lot. Kanu bought a lot of stocks in the US and I am sure his fortune must have gone down drastically with the global economic recession. Okocha invested in  black and Decker and Hewlett Packard  I don't know how good the comapanies are doing. Jo Akpoborihe invested in shipping and bought many vessels and you may be surprised that even though he didn't earn half of what these your okocha and kanu earned, he may be richer than them now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by ohisng(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2009
NL!! Make una stop calculating other people's money. Calculate your own!!
How much are u worth!!!
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by Digriz(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2009
Busy bodies! Are u their finance manager to knw their worth? Jus mind your own biznes because u wl neva gt d calculation right.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by phraoh(m): 1:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
Aliko Dangote.hehehehe.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by Freiburger(m): 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
ohisng:

NL!! Make una stop calculating other people's money. Calculate your own!!
How much are u worth!!!

I wonder grin grin grin. And it's not the figure or amount a man recieves that makes him rich, but how the spends the cash is what matters.
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by raphrinco: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2012
Thank God for them ,not minding the unclean acts from our leaders yetthey discovered something doing! than sitting down looking for those that cheaton their age,and later the same critics will start looking for call up from Aso rock .
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by Wolexis: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2013
Here are the top 7 richest Nigerian Footballers in Naira >>>>> http://wolexis..com/2012/11/top-7-highest-paid-nigerian-footballers.html
Re: Who Is The Richest Nigerian Footballer? by tck2000(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
ighalo

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities React To Donald Trump's Victory (photos) / Adetutu Alabi Slays In Bikini. Hot Or Not? / Trending Picture Of Tall Aki And Pawpaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.