Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? (23528 Views)

Buy Hp Pavilion Dv4 #35000. Click For Details. / Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? / Which Laptop Is Better To Buy, Hp Or Dell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2008
agaba123:

off topic. abeg make una no vex
a friend called me and asked me to buy a lappy for him.
Not that h needs it but is now a fashion statement in naija. Everybody carries it around whether they are going to church or bible study. When they visit a friend, it is a sign that one has arrived.

Is that true? grin grin

everyone's definition of 'need" is different from the next guy's.

its not true that its a status symbol if one runs around his peer group with the same social status. you only "arrive" if you have a machine very few of your friends can afford because the truth is almost any one with an income now can afford to buy a laptop, its all a matter of opportunity cost and preference list.

or you only arrive if your mates are destitues, deprived, less-privileged, unemployed, and so on.

five years ago, you may be hailed for having a lappy.

not so much now.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by agaba123(m): 3:52pm On Sep 22, 2008
Ex Inferis:

everyone's definition of 'need" is different from the next guy's.

its not true that its a status symbol if one runs around his peer group with the same social status. you only "arrive" if you have a machine very few of your friends can afford because the truth is almost any one with an income now can afford to buy a laptop, its all a matter of opportunity cost and preference list.

or you only arrive if your mates are destitues, deprived, less-privileged, unemployed, and so on.

five years ago, you may be hailed for having a lappy.

not so much now.

OK thanks. But the bobo was feeling left out
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2008
LOL.

Dem dey use Laptop to pose?? undecided

KAi! until the real owners carry am go.

Acer?

Hp?

Why buy these when there is Apple
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2008
hp pavillion notebooks are really attractive, kind of feminine appeal.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by samir101ng(m): 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2008
Gamine:

LOL.

Dem dey use Laptop to pose?? undecided

KAi! until the real owners carry am go.

Acer?

Hp?

Why buy these when there is Apple

GAMINE !!! shocked shocked shocked Na where for naija you dey live ? Ehh, you should see the effyzie i do when i go out with an Apple Macbook to the cafe. All the fine chicks will be eyeing me and you ma you know sey, your boy no dey lose form. Almost every gadget i own has do in part 50% functionality, 50% Effyzie. From my Sony PSP to the Iphone 3G. Its a sad fact that to toast some babes, you need a cool gadget to "catch" their eye. But seriously, we all know such babes are not that attracted to you, but who cares as long as you are getting laid right. grin grin grin

On the last note, Microsoft has dominated the market so much that using any OS apart from windows seems like hell to an ordinary nigerian. I mean, a typical nigerian doesnt even know that there are even other OS out there apart from microsoft. Lastly, Apple products are so damn expensive (Ipod, Macs, Iphone) and hard to get in nigeria without getting ripped off.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by DualCore1: 8:59am On Sep 23, 2008
Lol, ok i think i'm going crazy wit my imaginations. Here'z wht jst got into my head as i went through dis thread: i'm wit a chic in bed, and erm, i jst happen to notice d discoloration on her laps nd i'm like "geesh u own a laptop?" she's like "yea?" and i'm like "HP?" she goes "yeap" nd i start laffin nd i'm like "babe, yo HP dont jst kick butt, lol it kicks laps, now yo lapz is all roasted from d freakin heat. Hehehe"
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 10:05am On Sep 23, 2008
Dual Core:

Lol, ok i think i'm going crazy wit my imaginations. Here'z wht jst got into my head as i went through this thread: i'm wit a chic in bed, and erm, i jst happen to notice d discoloration on her laps nd i'm like "geesh u own a laptop?" she's like "yea?" and i'm like "HP?" she goes "yeap" nd i start laffin nd i'm like "babe, yo HP don't jst kick butt, lol it kicks laps, now yo lapz is all roasted from d freakin heat. Hehehe"

lolz!

nothing heats up like that HP tablet monstrosity. waht do they have in there, a blow dryer? a pal called me after getting one and complained abiut the excessive heat. he can't lay it on his bed because the vents are on the underside. in any case he had to get a third party accessory that blows air upwards into the belly of the beast.

he was afraid its innards were going to get liquified.

samir101ng:

GAMINE !!!  shocked shocked shocked Na where for naija you dey live ? Ehh, you should see the effyzie i do when i go out with an Apple Macbook to the cafe. All the fine chicks will be eyeing me and you ma you know sey, your boy no dey lose form. Almost every gadget i own has do in part 50% functionality, 50% Effyzie. From my Sony PSP to the Iphone 3G. Its a sad fact that to toast some babes, you need a cool gadget to "catch" their eye. But seriously, we all know such babes are not that attracted to you, but who cares as long as you are getting laid right.  grin grin grin

On the last note, Microsoft has dominated the market so much that using any OS apart from windows seems like hell to an ordinary nigerian. I mean, a typical nigerian doesnt even know that there are even other OS out there apart from microsoft. Lastly, Apple products are so damn expensive (Ipod, Macs, Iphone) and hard to get in nigeria without getting ripped off.

show bobo!!

me, i buy 70% functionality, 10%ease of use, 20% affordability.

70% is because, well, if i don't NEED it, i wont buy it no matter how glamorous and affordable.

thats why i didnt buy the zune and went for a samsung F480.

yeah, Apple products are so darn expensive because you are buying a classy device, so you pay premium for:

1. ease of use

2. duraility

3. sex appeal

Apple creates a sort of societal loop of proud owners. in fact, Apple doesnt have customers, Apple has FANS.

my only gripe is Apple is so close-ended. when you buy an Apple product you don't feel in control, you feel someone has loaned you the thingy. you can't change batteries, you can't mod the gadgets legally (in this era of modding), you can't use an OS installation CD more than 5 times (you are not even allowed to make a copy), you can't legally use your iphone on a network of your choice without some pretty determined hackery etc etc.

but its utility and cool factor is still worth the pains.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 10:56am On Sep 23, 2008
LOL.

I pulled some effects when i had my Mac sha. wink

But really i must say i'd be attracted to a cute dude with even cuter gadgets cheesy
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2008
im a cute dude and i have tons of cuter gadgets.

so waht say you?

you game or you lame?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by DualCore1: 12:36pm On Sep 23, 2008
Erm gamine don't go ex-inferis' direction. Come 'ere gurl, i'm running on dual cores(a fact exinferis still finds hard 2 believe), i've got 2 USB 2.0 ports at d back of my head, i've got an antivirus app runnin in my body so dnt b scared, we safe, i've got one touch sensitive gadget tht goes from 3" to 9" in 5seconds, kai gamine wht more gadgets could one want? So r u game or arcade? Lol
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by samir101ng(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2008
Dual Core:

Lol, ok i think i'm going crazy wit my imaginations. Here'z wht jst got into my head as i went through this thread: i'm wit a chic in bed, and erm, i jst happen to notice d discoloration on her laps nd i'm like "geesh u own a laptop?" she's like "yea?" and i'm like "HP?" she goes "yeap" nd i start laffin nd i'm like "babe, yo HP don't jst kick butt, lol it kicks laps, now yo lapz is all roasted from d freakin heat. Hehehe"

ROFLMAO grin grin grin Hey, DC you wan kill me with laughter. I dey fast O.

Gamine:

LOL.

I pulled some effects when i had my Mac sha. wink

But really i must say i'D be attracted to a cute dude with even cuter gadgets cheesy

Is that so ? grin grin grin

Ex Inferis:

im a cute dude and i have tons of cuter gadgets.

so waht say you?

you game or you lame?

Ah Ah Ex Wetin dey happen. See me see wahala. [size=8pt][size=8pt]I wan toast babe and you dey put your processor mouth here[/size][/size] grin grin grin

Dual Core:

Erm gamine don't go ex-inferis' direction. Come 'ere gurl, i'm running on dual cores(a fact exinferis still finds hard 2 believe), i've got 2 USB 2.0 ports at d back of my head, i've got an antivirus app runnin in my body so dnt b scared, we safe, i've got one touch sensitive gadget that goes from 3" to 9" in 5seconds, kai gamine wht more gadgets could one want? So r u game or arcade? Lol

Eh heh, DC you ma u don come add ur own. Oya carry ur izap connection vamoose from here. Eh he Fine babe gamine, where were we ? grin grin grin
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by vescucci(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Gamine. I take it you're serving in Niger state. What do you say we hook up. Forget about all these fellas with their big gadgets. Nothing supercedes the real deal, no?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by samir101ng(m): 2:26pm On Sep 23, 2008
vescucci:

@Gamine. I take it you're serving in Niger state. What do you say we hook up. Forget about all these fellas with their big gadgets. Nothing supercedes the real deal, no?

PLEASE !!! shocked shocked shocked You must be really Hot or in heat. grin grin grin Kini big deal ?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by DualCore1: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2008
Vascucci, ur gucci won't impress her na. See, u guyz shouldn't ruin my 1st attempt at getting a human date na, haba! been dating lappies since.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Ex. has your mtn3G speed improved? or you have dumped the service. hp is good at making desktop pcs. for laptops i don't think of hp.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2008
Gosh You guys!!

grin grin grin grin

Ex
, you know i have a soft spot for . . . . . . wink

@Samir, LOL, it is so o grin

@DC, Sorry i actually want a MAN not a Cyborg. smiley

@Vesc,

How you take know that one eh? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by DualCore1: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
Ah okay o, i don become cyborg. I need to start using pick-lines? Lol. Gamine don miss sha, i waz about buying a pavillion dv6000. Lmao.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
i see.

My pavilion aint got no Touch-Sensitive thingy undecided
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by uspry1(f): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
You better run borrow Carl Lewis' legs to stay away from DC, the TERMINATOR!

BEWARE DC looks for you instead of John! grin
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by DualCore1: 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
uspry1:

You better run borrow Carl Lewis' legs to stay away from DC, the TERMINATOR!

BEWARE DC looks for you instead of John! grin
hehehe, u scaring her away!!! grin grin grin

Gamine:

i see.

My pavilion aint got no Touch-Sensitive thingy undecided
hence the reason i wonno get in to add the touch wink
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 12:08am On Sep 24, 2008
you mere mortals are derailing the topic, Gamine and i are on the road to Somewhere. somewhere is a place only elves and emissaries of Hell can go.

so shoo, all you cyborgs(dual core)/renaissance paintings (vescucci)/busybodies(samir101), go amuse yourselves watching grass grow or something.

the Elf is mine. im addicted because she's like a prescription pill, yah know?

She Elf, here are some smackarooneys just for you kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

one love

@flyuche

no, still use the bleeding 3G once in a once, but for heavyduty surfing/downloads i use my broadband wifi. less reliable but faster.

actually "better desktop" is open to academic debate. whats the parameter here? looks? speed? specs? support? price?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:41am On Sep 24, 2008
@Ex inferins,kai!
Do u live,eat,drink,sleep & dream pc's.
Ur analysis is brilliant & I guess factual because u sound knowledgeable but I ain't too happy with u cos I use a Hp special edition laptop.
Any how sha,weda hp,acer,sony,ibm,f.siemens,dell or apple,d koko be say make all man enjoy em lappy & make e last 4 am.
Need I say more?
Adios.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2008
LOL.

Thanks Uspry, You are always such a big HELP! grin

EX,

kiss kiss

DC,

Tragic tragic

lipsrsealed
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
semid4lyfe:

@Ex inferins,kai!
Do u live,eat,drink,sleep & dream pc's.
Ur analysis is brilliant & I guess factual because u sound knowledgeable but I ain't too happy with u because I use a Hp special edition laptop.
Any how sha,weda hp,acer,sony,ibm,f.siemens,dell or apple,d koko be say make all man enjoy em lappy & make e last 4 am.
Need I say more?
Adios.

why, thank you. you are too kind. however FYI i dont EAT, DRINK or wahtever.

i USE pcs, and eat, sleep, dream Gamine.

knowledge is easily acquired in forums, blogs, mags, TV, etc. but primarily it is induced by interest and a sort of open mind. you cant imagine someone boxed in apparent societal prescriptions of what is "in fashion" venturing outside to explore, do you?

yes, its true; a faction of society for whatever reason prescribes what everyone SHOULD wear, buy, use, drive, eat. Trend, i think is the word. why, i do not know.

me, im a maverick in that way, or i try to be. i dont see why my computing activities should be predetermined by Bill gates and co., so i unshackled myself and exlore whatever is out there.

that quest took me around Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS. and that same quest divorced me from any symbiosis with HP.

i have no roblem with you or anyone using any machine of their choosing; but i do get prickled when i see folks CLAIMING nothing out there beats HP.

im not saying i know any better; just that with the benefit of experience and some research i feel my two pence worthy of public attention.

cheers.

Elf, kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by vescucci(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Gamine, it's thing to read between the lines but in your case it was more or less spelt out. You are n Niger. What gave? I don't know, but fact is fact. So where are my pecks at, eh? It must be a bitch browsing from wherever yo are browsing from.

And here we have Ex being uncharacteristically modest. That worth MY two pence. Really modest for a vermin from hell. Elves and demons don't mix, so I can't fathom the link with Ex and Gamine. Let's put it this way Ex is Gamine's Ex. So let's get a move on.

Awaiting a terrible shockwave from Ex and I'm bracing hard, oh so so hard!
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2008
vescucci:

@Gamine, it's thing to read between the lines but in your case it was more or less spelt out. You are n Niger. What gave? I don't know, but fact is fact. So where are my pecks at, eh? It must be a bitch browsing from wherever yo are browsing from.

And here we have Ex being uncharacteristically modest. That worth MY two pence. Really modest for a vermin from hell. Elves and demons don't mix, so I can't fathom the link with Ex and Gamine. Let's put it this way Ex is Gamine's Ex. So let's get a move on.

Awaiting a terrible shockwave from Ex and I'm bracing hard, oh so so hard!

aw, dont bother bracing. thought of hitting below the belt, but then i remembered theres nothing there.

i mean, maggots, being cousins to scum, aint got no pee-pee.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Gamine(f): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
Rotflmao!!

Juzzz for the Record Vesc, Im not in Niger.

Somewhere close tho.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
NOTE TO VESCUCCI

how jealousy (and being a retard) can land you in hot water

Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by vescucci(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Ex veeeeeery classy

You see how foul mouthed Ex can be. I know you both probably have history.

And Ex, let's do this cryptic like before THEY lock this thread. If they do, maybe we can join forces and close threads we detest.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2008
PS:

a lot people "misconstrue" my name as "ex inferins".

people, its EX INFERIS, it means FROM HELL.

however call me Neoteny if you still cant spell inferis.

thank you.

@Vesc

how's the jaw?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
apologies to the mods.

people, back to topic.

which laptop maker do you prefer, and why?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by vescucci(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Ex, the way I see it, laptop makers are like car makers, if you search enough you'll find the right specs (which is mainly what concerns me) but the 'ouch' factor is now the prices. I like Acer in this regard. They offer par or more at cheaper prices. People say it's because some are made in Taiwan. Then I say assembled in Taiwan. We have Peugeot cars assembled here and their quality ain't no different from what's obtainable in France. I have an HP but only because I was broke at the time I bought it and didn't want to have to buy a fake XP as I wouldn't be able to afford the OG. I saw this mouth-watering Ferrari editon of Acer and was like 'in time, V, in time'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / Choosing The Right Laptop For Gaming / 6 Awesome Hidden Things On Facebook...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.