Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,583 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Utilizing My Back To Work Skills In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Utilizing My Back To Work Skills In Nigeria (678 Views)

Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Promote Your Hand-work/skills For Free / 10 Work Skills You Need 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Utilizing My Back To Work Skills In Nigeria by brill: 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2008
can anyone think of how to utiilise welfare to work skills in nigeria, am involved in a project in the uk helping people to get back to work and overcome work barriers.we deal with people who are trying 2 get back to work after issues like depression,disability etc

ps am aware that the welfare state does not exist in niger oh so no wisecracks pls
thanks
Re: Utilizing My Back To Work Skills In Nigeria by nyla24: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2008
I think the way to do that is to provide practical and hands-on training to the unemployed.

I'm not talking about giving them one or two classes.

For instance, now that the telecom biz is booming, we know there are a lot of services that they need. So train some people in these skills, help them incorporate a company that can provide these services, lobby the government to mandate these telcos to have a set aside program that gives some contracts to these fledgling comanies, mandate the fledgling company to hire x many unemployed to be eligible to get those contracts and assist these fledglings to ensure they are able to execute the contract even better than the experts.

Like all welfare programs, it requires a commitment from the govt, but it can work.
Re: Utilizing My Back To Work Skills In Nigeria by brill: 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2008
thanks a lot , it will take a lot to get the govt to buy into a programme employing the disabled and the less able talk less of
private company, it is such a hassle in the uk as it is, i suppose one needs to re educate all those involved.

i have read a lot of the threads in the career forum and i really wonder what hope the diabled have in nigeria, the gov 's wives and NGO should really look at this forgotten sector.

(1) (Reply)

Pelle And Maradonna's Fist Fight / Is There Any Mba Form For Sale Now / Inquiry On Prince 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.