Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,738 members, 7,862,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:55 PM

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? (742 Views)

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 / Thomas Sankara - Africa's Greatest Leader / General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by youngies(m): 10:53am On Sep 17, 2008
This question keeps bugging my mind most the time, from the 1914 when the contraption called Nigeria was conceived to the 60s when we finally gained independence, has Nigeria ever produced what can be described as a national political leader?

Each time I look around, the leaders I see (both dead and alive) can best be described as regional leaders. How is it difficult that in the 48 years (abi 94 yrs) of existence as a country that we do not have what can be seen for instance as a version of Mandela, Gandhi, Lincoln, Churchill, Nkrumah e.t.c.

If you feel strongly that Nigeria has produced a national leader that has been or is a rallying point and a beacon of light for all Nigerians, please do drop his/her name here and also tell us what he/she has achieved.

We may add a poll if it becomes necessary.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by clemcykul(f): 12:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nigeria is yet to get a true political leader

untill then we shall keep having the greedy buffoons as leaders.
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by youngies(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2008
Meaning that we are a people without a shephard?
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by Epiphany(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2008
youngies:

Meaning that we are a people without a shephard?

Unfortunately, YES.

I really cannot think of anyone that has been a great leader, whether in government or otherwise
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by youngies(m): 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2008
Epiphany:

Unfortunately, YES.

I really cannot think of anyone that has been a great leader, whether in government or otherwise

Now, this heart shattering! A country that has been in existence for about 94 years! undecided
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by Gabry(f): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2008
clemcykul:

Nigeria is yet to get a true political leader

untill then we shall keep having the greedy buffoons as leaders.

CLEM IN POLITICS ok. . . I think I am going to go and smoke weed now. . . . undecided
Re: Who Is Nigeria's Greatest Leader Of All Time? by youngies(m): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2008
It is becoming clear that Nigeria has no national political heros cry

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Under Attack / Nlc Wants Salary Increase To N52,000 Minimum Wage / A New Nigeria Of My Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.