Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (267993 Views)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real Or Just Acting?. / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury / Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by larger20(m): 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2005
I don't get it. People pay money to go see them wrestle..Are they fighting "the more you look the less you see"? I taught hollywood films are obviously fake..how can wrestlers manage to fake when you see them live fighting..

For thoese who believe it is fake, why not go inside the ring and have them fake you..lets see what the out come will be ..? I bet you will say the opposite after getting into the ring..
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by layi(m): 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2005
Dont people pay to go watch drama when its obviously fake. Even the hollywood movies yo picked out-people pay to buy them.
They slap and kiss real in movies yet its stagemanaged. Its showbiz my dear -entertainment all the way.

1 Like

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by larger20(m): 8:34pm On Nov 21, 2005
When I wrote fake, I was refeering to the reality of seeing people punch each other ..no guns just bare hands and u hear the blow yet it is fake..isnt that something doubtful? Who wants to be beating?
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Consultant(f): 6:57am On Apr 04, 2006
Just came upon this thread. I saw a documentary on the history channel last year about the WWE. Like some have said, wrestling is fake-real. Real in the sense that they actually beat each other up but fake in the sense that the outcome is pre-determined. The winner of each match is decided in advance.

Layi, back when Hulk Hogan was a wrestler it was real.  He was a part of WWF.  He left before the re-invention of WWF and he left WAY before WWE.

Sorry to disappoint you but in Hulk Hogan's time it WAS fake too. In fact in this documentary, several wrestlers that were interviewed said that in real life Hulk Hogan isn't such a great fighter. However, he was a good entertainer who knew how to draw the crowds so they let him remain as WWF champion for a long time. In fact, the first time he won the title (by beating Andre the giant), Andre was sick and wanted to retire so Hulk was handpicked to "beat" him. During the fight, Hulk Hogan did something to annoy Andre and Andre started beating him up so much that they were afraid that Andre would not relinquish the title to him as planned. Eventually though, Andre let him win. In real life, they said none of the WWF wrestlers could beat Andre the giant.

The link below is a recent Sports Illustrated article about Bret "the Hitman" Hart (my favourite wrestler of all times). Makes interesting reading. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/arash_markazi/03/29/hot.read/index.html#

1 Like

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Vieira(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2006
larger_20:

I don't get it. People pay money to go see them wrestle, Are they fighting "the more you look the less you see"? I taught hollywood films are obviously fake, how can wrestlers manage to fake when you see them live fighting,

For thoese who believe it is fake, why not go inside the ring and have them fake you, lets see what the out come will be , ? I bet you will say the opposite after getting into the ring,

When they say fake, they in terms of who will win and all the drama around it.

A lot of the blows do land and are real but a lot are also just demo for us.

They train how make blows look badder than they are.

They even have blades, so that when they are punched they will use style to cut thier forehead and you will see blood gushing.

It is all stage managed but not just anybody can do it, you still have to be a very good athlete and be ready to take punishment.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Vieira(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2006
@:Vexxy and Razor.

It never was real.

The only difference between those era's and nowadays is that nowadays they are more open about the truth but in the old days they used to try and protect the secrets.

All those fights in Naija were all planned with who will win and everything.

A lot of the blood is actually real. The wrestler do somthing called a "cut" where they cut themselves with blades to make it more authentic.

Cuts to the head always bleed more than anywhere else and hence will look more scary.

That is why a lot of them have scarred foreheads!
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by binsexy: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2006
to me this is just acting.some finishing moves like of Under Taker and The Game could have long killed many wrestlers in this business.i think its just like fights in movies.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by clemsonfan(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2006
The Fights in the WWE wrestling Shows are ALL FAKE. When the punch for instance, you will notice that they do not hit directly in the face but on the side of the head using their Wrist, not their FIST an when they do that they simulataneously stomp their right or left foot, do make the hit sound realistic. The blood is REAL but is inflicted by the wrestler himself, he cuts a place on his forehead about 1/2 of an inch long with a razorblade hidden in the taping on his hand or in his wristband, or he uses a piece of glass. That is why Ric Flair or other older wrestler's foreheads look "scarred Up".
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by twinstaiye(m): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2006
It is bloody fake. You need proof? okay check this page http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Is_wrestling_fake_in_any_way
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by larger20(m): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2006
I have been wrestling on the Independent circuit for 2 years now, I will admit that the outcome is predetermined, but its not as fake as every one thinks, we dont know our matches months in advance and practice. we normally find out our matches the day of or the week before the show. And we rarely talk things over before we wrestle, we just go out there and do our thing. I have countless injuries from wrestling. You also have 3 types of hitters in wrestling, Light hitters that make little or no contact. Snug hitters that make contact and a decent amount but doesnt hurt that much, then stiff hitters that just beat the hell out of you. In todays age of wrestler there are very few light hitters, im a snug/stiff hitter. I dont go out there to kill any one, but i make it know that im hitting them. they can feel every thing, chops are full blown with as much force as you can get behind them, so are forearm shots to the back. clothes lines are also done very hard. The ring hurts, sometimes concrete is softer than the rings. the ropes in most places are steel cable wrapped in a garden hose, and most times the padding in the ring is a layer of carpet. People like to call wrestling fake, but i have been in the ring with Former marines and army men that cant handle a day of wrestling training. It takes more to be a wrestler than what most people realize. They also dont realize that Professional wrestling is a source of income. I dont come to your work and throw rocks and you while your mowing the yards, so dont come to a show and call me a fake or a phony.

source
twinstaiye:

It is bloody fake. You need proof? okay check this page http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/Is_wrestling_fake_in_any_way
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Vieira(m): 9:14am On Apr 19, 2006
Larger_20, no one is calling you as phoney we are just addressing the idea of predetermined outcomes and scripted storylines.

I know it takes a very good athlete to perform the stunts and moves that wrestlers do and I would not last 2 seconds in a ring!

So when they say it is fake, they are not saying you cannot take a hit or that you are not fit but the fact that it is not a sport were you can bet on it or where the winner is determined by solely by his wrestling skills.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by retro(f): 11:50am On Jul 05, 2006
I think the fighting is real but the dialogues are fake. It's obvious. I mean take a look at Kane, he sees demons? Haha.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by stuartb29: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2006
Some of its Fake, Some of its real,

The steel chairs are made to absorbe impact. The blood is all real, wrestlers slit there forehead with a razor blade, its all true i go to every WWE show in america and canada, because my dad the Vince Mcmahons assistand my dad gets free ticekts smiley so there you go, This is true Vince told me himself shocked
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by zebudaya(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2006
Wrestling is scripted, it's a T.V show, but the wrestlers have to work very hard. For instance you have to carry somebody and slam him on the mat, it hurts, head butts hurt, so do flying kicks. I guess you can call them stunt men. Those dudes work very hard
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Raymand(m): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2006
First and foremost im a BIG wrestling fan, and i hate it when people come out to say professional wrestling is fake! it simply discredits the work those 'superstars' go through night after night just for the adrenalin rush they get from the fans. Is wrestling FAKE? no! it's just not reality, i mean to a hundred percent, YES it is scripted, YES sometimes 'superstars' fake or exergerrate (sic) the reation to pain they recieve but accidents DO happen, so with that it would be callous calling proffesional wrestling 'fake' it's just for entertainment doesn't mean it's 'fake', but if you still think it's a load of crap ie its fake as hell, then you should check out the 'most violent matches in ecw history' on dvd you'd be amazed at what you see!
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Ndipe(m): 2:56am On Sep 12, 2006
I read in my local newspaper in 1996 that Wrestling is fake, and even the wrestlers have confessed to the stunts. I was very disappointed and thought I had been taken for a ride when I read the revelation. Since then, I sort of lost interest in the show. In Naija, as a kid, just the mere mention of "wrestling is on tv" will just excite me.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by MrSammiE(m): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2006
Well, Well, I dont know if its fake/real because, i once heard that the wrestler normaly takes hard drug before going to the ring to fight, but still yet there are still fiction, anyway they are all trying but i no think say i fit ever carry my sweet body down for one man make e dey panel beat am grin
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Jackal(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2006
Wrestling is so fake its not TRUE.
How can that be real? Some gangs of hoodlums tricking lil kids into believing shit is real.

U watch a boxing bout with about 3 mins per each round and u know its real.
Black-eye, cuts on the lips, bulgy faces is what u see after 3-6 minutes.
Compare that to wrestling when some matches even take as long as 30 mins and u will hardly ever seen where a wrestler is punched on the face.

Its just entertainment
All the scripts have been written and documented.
Its like a sit-com.
The whole theatrics are too FAKE.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Alexos(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2007
As they would always put it,

[size=15pt]"Its purely entertainment, but the hazards are real"[/size]

What I know is this, it's all real, but the punches they throw are not real, There are rules to how u must fight, and they follow the rules, these rules r just for their security.

Like:
They don't throw direct punches with their fist
When r have climbed the rope, can't come down except u jump,

thats just my say wink
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by toyboy1(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2007
Real fake i would rather say. if it aint fake y would there be a makin
used to be an ardent follower of WWF fights way back then, THe MONDAY NITE RAWS, CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLINGS, ROYAL RUMBLE, SUMMER SLAM, WRESTLMANIA, SURVIVOUR SERIES N ALL DAT. I GOT TO KNOW OF THE FAKENESS N I WAS HEART BROKEN.
WAY BACK THEN I USED TO PRACTISE SLEEPER HOLD/GRIP, BODY SLAM N POWER SLAM AND ALL.
ALL MATCHES ARE PRE PLANNED, HOW THE FIGHTS WILL PROGRESSED ARE ALSO PLANNED, WHO WILL WIN, ALL THE THEATRICS ETC. BUT AT TIMES THING DO GO OUT OF HAND/PLAN SHA.
BUT IN ALL ITS THOROUGHLY FAKE

CHECK OUT BOKIN FOR REAL FIGHTS
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by zhozz: 10:29am On Feb 16, 2007
hey noone said the blood is real/not but if its not real
cant the people near the ring notice anything?i mean
how do u xplain the oozing out of blood when chairs
are used in the ring?
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by 9ja4eva: 7:25pm On Feb 25, 2007
They are fake.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by lilcourt1: 1:25am On Mar 29, 2007
Wreastling is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blood is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the hitting!!!!!!!!!!!!everything is! how can you fake blood in front of a crowd of audience come on do you see anything on them to do it? do you see anything on their faces to make blood do you see anything in their hands no it's real dummy so if the blood is real why would you fake the matches and the matches is real why would you fake the talking
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by lilcourt1: 1:28am On Mar 29, 2007
Wrestling is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blood is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the hitting!!!!!!!!!!!!everything is! how can you fake blood in front of a crowd of audience come on do you see anything on them to do it? do you see anything on their faces to make blood do you see anything in their hands no it's real dummy so if the blood is real why would you fake the matches and the matches is real why would you fake the talking
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by lilcourt1: 1:30am On Mar 29, 2007
lil_court1:

Wrestling is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the blood is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!the hitting!!!!!!!!!!!!everything is! how can you fake blood in front of a crowd of audience come on do you see anything on them to do it? do you see anything on their faces to make blood do you see anything in their hands no it's real dummy so if the blood is real why would you fake the matches and the matches is real why would you fake the talking

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by 9ja4eva: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2007
Are u for real?Heard series of yarns abt dem faking it cos truly it doesnt look real oh with d way dey hit demselves n d likes.Ha till i watch it live i wldnt believe oh.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by manu4laif: 10:13am On Mar 31, 2007
Wrestlers are top class athletes who work their ass out day in day out.They are strong and have to condition their minds and bodies. . . . .just like every other professional athlete .

Is it fake?As long as some outcomes are predetermined or scripted it cannot be 100%real. Some top wrestlers(notably Jesse the Body Ventura)have come out to say all is not fully real. That is not to say that it will not be made to look real. The blood is real . The blows can be  real. They only exaggerate the drama and sometimes determine the outcomes to sustain/generate interest.

Liken it to a novelty match.

WAN UNITED grin grin
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by 9ja4eva: 7:01am On Apr 01, 2007
Oh okay i understand now.

1 UNITED
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by supertimi: 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2007
why dont you try it ursekf and see wether a real human can be beaten to the point of death and still come back to fight

but sometimes they are real oh
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by BOBBYBOY: 3:19am On Dec 30, 2007
WWE is NOT fake the rivalries and love storylines are fake and there are very few scripted matches some injuries are fake but most are real but the wrestling side of things like the matches are real and i would know ive talked to ;DJeff Hardy grin smiley!
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by holythug(m): 3:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
u shd knw by now
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by roisin567: 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2008
My brother said it was fake and for the blood(is real) e wrestlers have razor things on their fingers that scrape them and make them bleed. And also its scripted, it was so dumb because i was watching a show and te wrestlers were threatening the spokesperson. SO ITS FAKE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) / Dream League Soccer 2018 (DLS 18) Apk + Obb Data Download And Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.