Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? (267971 Views)

Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real Or Just Acting?. / John Cena Of World Wrestling Entertainment Died From A Severe Head Injury / Wwe - World Wrestling Entertainment [real Or Fake] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by UNLEASHED(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
In the olden days when it wasn't sold on home videos, they were real but now it's an obvious and undoubtful FAKE!!!!
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sima(f): 4:00am On Sep 21, 2008
not everything is fake Oo. . . angry
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by disease(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2008
The fights and bleeding are real men. But every other thing happening there is just stage-managed.
I have been to a live WWE pay-per-view event called Wrestlemania 24.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by A40(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2008
Its a mixture of real and fake but the obviousness of the fakeness pardon my english
is clearer these days but there are a lot of risks taken its very hazardous as we saw in the case of Owen Hart and even Ahmed Johnson but if you want to compare it to Boxing or street fights then you can't help but think its fake

If you doubt me just put any wrestler in the ring with Samuel Peters or Vladimir Klitschko and tell me that wrestler will not suffer a concussion after taking a few blows to the head
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by juba4: 10:46pm On Nov 10, 2008
There abviously FAKE! The reason they changed from WWF-WWE is because they had the same inistals at a bird watching group. WWF was fake and WWE is fake.Do you really think the primeinister would let people beat eachother with chairs,tables,fire etinguishers,ladders and sleg hammers? Think about that,even if it was real, they would be in the hospital after getting hit in the head with a ir extinguisher or ladder so on, Even though when John Cena broke a plate or whatever in his neack and CM Punk got a head injury, and the doctors explain it all and everything it looks real but they hire the doctors (thats the part where everything looks real) but think about it is it really real??
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sima(f): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2008
but it's reli fun to watch n' i enjoy dere storyline. . especially when DX was still together
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sima(f): 11:10pm On Nov 10, 2008
juba4:

There abviously FAKE! The reason they changed from WWF-WWE is because they had the same inistals at a bird watching group. WWF was fake and WWE is fake.Do you really think the primeinister would let people beat eachother with chairs,tables,fire etinguishers,ladders and sleg hammers? Think about that,even if it was real, they would be in the hospital after getting hit in the head with a ir extinguisher or ladder so on, Even though when John Cena broke a plate or whatever in his neack and [size=15pt]CM Punk[/size] got a head injury, and the doctors explain it all and everything it looks real but they hire the doctors (thats the part where everything looks real) but think about it is it really real??
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2008
I am still very pissed. I cant believe that my childhood heros all decieved me. Hulk hogan, Ultimate warrior, Jake the Snake man, Undertaker (before he took the mask off), Randy savage, Owen hart, Bert Hart, Yokozuna, e.t.c.

I still remember the Hulk Hogan v.s Ultimate warrior fight
Hulk Hogan v.s Undertaker
Undertaker v.s Mankind

cry cry cry cry

That shit was never real, as far as real goes. Period.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by MrCrackles(m): 11:40pm On Nov 10, 2008
Anyone remember Kabuki? cheesy
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sima(f): 11:47pm On Nov 10, 2008
yea. . i remember Mabuki too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2008
What about the New Mascara?? cry cry cry
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by MrCrackles(m): 12:05am On Nov 11, 2008
sima:

yea. . i remember Mabuki too cheesy

them dudes used to freak me out back then with the dodgy secretions from the mouth! grin
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by A40(m): 12:45am On Nov 11, 2008
Baba Kamala i can never forget that dude
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sima(f): 1:54am On Nov 11, 2008
MrCrackles:

them dudes used to freak me out back then with the dodgy secretions from the mouth! grin
yea mahn. .  he also scares da hell outtta mi. .  wit New Mascara and Kamala. freaky fellas!
[size=5pt]i have no idea who dos people are[/size]  tongue
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by bluespice(f): 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2009
wherever u see the word wrestling know sima will be there

its all stage managed doesnt mean the punches are not real
the extremeties and co are not real tho
rem when wasit paulbearer cant rem when he was supposedly buried alive in cement?
ofcourse that shit wsnt real but it sure made for good tv grin
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Tazz43: 5:49am On Apr 27, 2009
World Wrestling Entertainment or WWE is only an acting.,.if there a wrestler is going to be bleed ed that is the price of the money they get.,

1 Like

Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by jordanraja(m): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
Wwe and Tna are fake but the take the risk.Alot of people won't do that.For example Jhon Morrison Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio but yes the mathes are reherarsed the puches are pulled they stomp when they hit someone and the blood is real they use a razor blade to cut there selves on the forehead.Sorry wwe/ cry
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by AndreUweh(m): 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2009
Okija_juju:

What about the New Mascara?? cry cry cry

It is Mill Mascaras.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by AndreUweh(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2009
WWE may be make-believe, but fights between Power Uti and Ox Baker were real.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Digriz(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2009
Its nt fake at all bt d officiating may b fake smtimes.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by AndreUweh(m): 3:26pm On Dec 06, 2009
The officials are part of the storyline. But outside WWE, there were real fights for example, Powe Uti vs Kamala in Nigeria.
How about that classic bout betwwen Mighty Igor and Ray Apollon of Trinidad and Tobago. This fight was in Lagos Nigeria in 1984 or thereabout.
There was also a great duel between Ben lion heart vs Bulldog Browler. Argentina Apollo also fought in Lagos on that day.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by adebayo201: 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2009
go white sand u go kno wetin they go on
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by youngguns: 4:16am On Dec 11, 2009
Anyone who thinks WWE is real at any age above 15 should be shot!, when i was little, i was so much into it hulk hogan and andre the giant were my fa, but i was 4-7 at the time.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by ayomidej(f): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
World wrestling Entertainment (WWE) is just an entertainment prgram, all the wrestling is STAGE.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by slimghost(m): 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2009
if u say its real, then u need to go and watch the movie titled "the wrestler". Shit is stage managed, simple and they use razor blades to draw the blood u see on'em faces.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by victorazy(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
They are reals
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by joelbobby(f): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
sometimes we get confuse from frens saying all is fake
my brothers not all. not every star is ready to fight for fake,
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by toluxa1(m): 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
WWE is a "sport" by definition, but in reality it's "sporting theater", meaning it combines the elements of sport in an entertainment arena. In contrast to professional sports (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc.), WWE is performance with an element of sport, while professional sports are totally sports oriented (governed by complex rules and elements of chance) with elements of performance.

Its origins (and insider speak) are from the carnivals of old. All matches are carefully scripted, as is who wins and who loses a match or championship. Everything from feuds, relationships, stories, etc., is carefully laid out to get the most drama and fan response that it can. Generally, the wrestler's ability to promote his character as a bankable asset is what gets him championships (e.g., Hulk Hogan, The Rock, John Cena, The Miz, Christian). As an example, when Duane Johnson (The Rock) first began his career, his character was a "face" (good guy). Not getting any real fan response, he switched to being a "heel", and the rest is history.

Many wrestlers who are "sworn enemies" in the ring or are having ongoing feuds are actually good friends in reality. There was an embarrassing incident some years ago where two wrestlers who were shown as feuding enemies were stopped by police, and found to be drinking and partying together.

It is a combination of mock combat and catch wrestling, and while there aren't any really serious blows given or incurred (anyone who has ever sparred knows the blows are being pulled just by watching), these are nonetheless highly skilled professional athletes and great character actors. Not only are they performing a character role, both wrestlers must avoid hurting each other in the process, as well as protecting each other from being hurt during the many moves that are performed. That's not easy considering the size and weight of the average wrestler.

Pulled punches, catching, embellishment of pain from fake blows, as well as camera angles (similar to camera angles used in movies for stunt work) all add to the reality effect. It doesn't mean that they can't get hurt - they can and often do.

For things like chairs and tables (favorite props), the blow is pulled and the receiving wrestler embellishes the contact, which usually spread out over the back. Think about it - if someone were to really take that kind of blow from a metal chair to the back, there would be a red imprint of the chair on the person's skin within a couple of minutes. Blood, when it does appear, comes from a wrestler cutting himself (usually at the scalp, where there's a lot of blood but you can't do any real damage). A small razor blade fragment is used, either concealed by one of the wrestlers or passed to him by the referee.

When the WWF specifically changed its name to "World Wrestling Entertainment", it did so in large part to avoid regulatory health controls that are normally incurred by professional sports teams, e.g., steroid use. In the case of WWE, allegations that its members were using steroids (Terry "Hulk" Hogan admitted to their use), and that it had no comprehensive health plan for its members, caused several investigations into the "sport". WWE proved in court that it was not a sporting operation in the vein of other professional sports teams, but that their members were entertainers (albeit really good athletic ones).

Regardless of what the elements consist of, the fact is that it's just fun to watch, essentially a live action play performed by big men showing real talent and athletics. Most fans know about pro-wrestling's real nature - the Internet hides little these days. But it doesn't mean they don't watch it.
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by talk2tosep(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2011
not all the fight, go and watch the match btw undertaker and triple h 2month ago at wrestlemania27, thats a real fight, but those fighting for wwe champions are fake and as well as for the raw heavy weight champions challenges are planned work,
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by sahil8592: 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2012
I know it's fake, but why people are so crazy 4 that, and in match how much audience is there? aren't they know the reality of wwe? shocked
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by Kayslow: 3:03pm On May 19, 2012
Wwe have a script day act wich makes it look enteresting dat is y its world wrestlin entertainment dan d forma wwf. Before u are signed into wwe u must be done several fitness test dat is y u can even see dia built. U must be strong physically. If not one of dia punches can kill one. Sometimes again day determin who wins a fight to make it interesting. U imagin over 5ooo fans going to watch a match. Wresting is an entertainment dat carries seriox pains and injuries more dan anyoda sport
Re: Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? by iykdon: 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
the punches and blood is real,bt other things der is fake,they've programmed other things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots) / Rare Photo Of Emiliano Sala's Recovered Body(graphic Pic) / Dream League Soccer 2018 (DLS 18) Apk + Obb Data Download And Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.